Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
280 user(s) are online (257 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SMC
Sheet Molded Compound.

This is the material that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It's similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The onl...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 03.27.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Wow, is it really the last Friday of the month? Hard to believe. This year is already going by fast. I'm certainly ready for the warmer weather that we were teased with last week. Supposed to get a little warmer on Sunday but rain. Forecast looks similar the rest of the week with more rain. Oh well.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I have some garage cleanup to do and some more little projects on the Corvette if I get a chance. Not sure what the wife has planned

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/3/27 11:27

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Ebikah baalah!

Looks like we may finally break out of this cold spell this weekend, could be in the 50's by Sunday. I need to find time to change the oil and rotate the tires on my truck. An action-packed weekend ahead :-P

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/3/27 12:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

KPotter Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Good Morning to all Gurus everywhere !

It has been a busy week since returning from Sebring. I still need to get the car washed. It looks horrible after driving in snow for an hour or more. Can't wait for a decent day to take care of it.

Saturday will be a big, busy day for me. I will be cooking pancakes all day long for the Grange Hall. Long, busy day but a lot of fun as well. We will probably serve close to 1000 people.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 12:40

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

What do you mean we don't have any bacon......geez.....the vaca is over and its back to trying to make some money to pay for our retched excesses of the past week....of which we had many.....

ring.....ring......more later.....
Posted on: 2015/3/27 12:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14737 Posts

...glad your trip back went well Ken....it was good to meet you and chat at the race.....your car is very nice!
Posted on: 2015/3/27 12:46

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Welcome back, guru's. Slept in a little to practice for the next week. Still have a full plate and the clock is tickin. 2 cups o' joe under the belt so I feel that movement is imminent. Mimi's trip to the vet provided some solace in that it appears to be a digestive issue. X-rays and tests eliminated any issues related to bones and blood. Found the dog's digestive track to be the culprit. Schatzie likes to play rough and tosses her around pretty good and Mimi just keeps running back for more. Guess that's he problem. Well, that lightens our concern as well as our wallet when the credit card bill comes in. Have the day of your choosing.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 12:59

teebee Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....supposed to be in the mid 60's today and then warm up tomorrow.....Oh when will springtime get here? Sorry for the little dig there, my northern friends.

Plans for the weekend.....power wash my daughters' house, so painting can commence. Work in the shop, go to Prom. That takes care of Saturday. Sunday, get up and go to church, it is Palm Sunday. Probably, do whatever Rosie says I'm doing.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 13:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BrianCunningham Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

World of Wheels is in Boston this weekend

https://autorama.com/attend/boston/

Going with some friends tonight
Posted on: 2015/3/27 13:45

Huskerland
14737 Posts

Just got a call that a kid ran a stop sign and one or our trucks hit his. The kid appears to be hurt but is conscious and talking. They are having to cut him out of his pick up..... Prayers and mojo that the kid is going to be ok.....our driver is shook up but not hurt. The semi on the other hand is really a mess. Kids fault but we pray he is going to be ok, the other stuff is just stuff...it will fix or it won't.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 14:14

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Just got a call that a kid ran a stop sign and one or our trucks hit his. The kid appears to be hurt but is conscious and talking. They are having to cut him out of his pick up..... Prayers and mojo that the kid is going to be ok.....our driver is shook up but not hurt. The semi on the other hand is really a mess. Kids fault but we pray he is going to be ok, the other stuff is just stuff...it will fix or it won't.

DAMN! NO WINNERS IN THIS. HOPE THE BOY OK.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 14:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
What do you mean we don't have any bacon......geez.....the vaca is over and its back to trying to make some money to pay for our retched excesses of the past week....of which we had many.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... urger-twice-24-hours.html

Meanwhile, mojo to the boy who got hurt in the accident.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 14:46

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14737 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... urger-twice-24-hours.html

Meanwhile, mojo to the boy who got hurt in the accident.

Still waiting to hear about the kids condition....

meanwhile...bacon rage is well documented....I had just a second of it when I saw the bacon serving pan was empty the other day.....I had no intention of shooting up the place though....
Posted on: 2015/3/27 15:05

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

OVERCAST, COOL, BREEZY, NOT A GREAT DAY IN THE NATIONS. THE CHEROKEES WANT SOME SUNSHINE.

WANT TO ADD A LITTLE SUSPENSE AND EXCITEMENT TO YOUR LIFE? YOU COULD MOVE TO MOORE OK. THE LATEST TORNADO IN MOORE IS THE 15th SINCE 1950. THERE WERE BIG ONES IN 1998, 1999, 2003, 2010 and 2013. THE ONE IN’99 KILLED 36 AND HURT ABOUT 600. IN 2013 24 WERE KILLED AND MORE THAN 200 INJURED.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 15:06

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/27 16:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hope the kid is OK and mojo to the tornado victims. There is no feeling like the feeling of your life's work and health of your family members being affected by a natural disaster. Plodding along here one chore at a time. Short break and then back at it again. Still have to pack too.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 16:46

KPotter Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Snowing like crazy here in the Buckeye State. I guess it is that Global Warming, I mean Climate Change, that I hear so much about. I saw the other day that some places are now not allowed to say Global Warming. When will the nonsense stop ?

Marcus, it was good to meet you as well, thanks for the comments on the car.
Posted on: 2015/3/27 18:53

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Hope the kid is OK

How's the driver coping?
Posted on: 2015/3/27 19:17

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
World of Wheels is in Boston this weekend

https://autorama.com/attend/boston/

Going with some friends tonight

This car is suppose to be there.

Movie car, they all run a smallblock chevy for maintenance & the blower is a fake

Attach file:

png  ff11.png (957.51 KB)
921_5515ad1b7f311.png 1501X616 px
Posted on: 2015/3/27 19:18

Huskerland
14737 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Hope the kid is OK

How's the driver coping?

They took the 16 year old kid from Sutton to Hastings NE. (about 30 miles) to stabilize him and I found out they later life-flighted him into Omaha due to his injuries. Among other things a broken pelvis, leg, jaw and head trauma from slamming into the steering wheel and windshield. He is in ICU but we don't know how his condition is rated.

Our truck was west bound on US 6 and the kid was east bound with frosted over windows and a little peak hole to look out of. He turned left to go north right into the front of our truck. He hit our truck in the left front and it tore the steering box off the frame and broke the axel.....the hood is toast....early thoughts are around 15K to fix. He did not even see our truck I'm thinking due to his windshield being iced over...

It was in town so the truck was running slower but still doing around 40 or 45 Im thinking.....US 6 runs around the edge of sutton so the speed limit is 45.

The driver is ok...he was understandable shook up as we all were when something like this happens. After his mandatory alcohol and drug screen testing was done at the hospital in town here I sent him home and told him to call me if he needed to. I will call him in a bit to make sure he is doing ok. We are all going on the belief that the kid will pull through this as he is getting the best treatment possible......your continued prayers would be appreciated....more later......
Posted on: 2015/3/27 23:52

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Hope the kid is OK

How's the driver coping?

They took the 16 year old kid from Sutton to Hastings NE. (about 30 miles) to stabilize him and I found out they later life-flighted him into Omaha due to his injuries. Among other things a broken pelvis, leg, jaw and head trauma from slamming into the steering wheel and windshield. He is in ICU but we don't know how his condition is rated.

Our truck was west bound on US 6 and the kid was east bound with frosted over windows and a little peak hole to look out of. He turned left to go north right into the front of our truck. He hit our truck in the left front and it tore the steering box off the frame and broke the axel.....the hood is toast....early thoughts are around 15K to fix. He did not even see our truck I'm thinking due to his windshield being iced over...

It was in town so the truck was running slower but still doing around 40 or 45 Im thinking.....US 6 runs around the edge of sutton so the speed limit is 45.

The driver is ok...he was understandable shook up as we all were when something like this happens. After his mandatory alcohol and drug screen testing was done at the hospital in town here I sent him home and told him to call me if he needed to. I will call him in a bit to make sure he is doing ok. We are all going on the belief that the kid will pull through this as he is getting the best treatment possible......your continued prayers would be appreciated....more later......

Hope it turns out ok for everyone involved. I had an accident like that a few years ago but it was minor. Same thing, 17 year old girl didn't clear her windshield driving to school. She had a stop sign and I didn't and she t-boned my passenger side.
Posted on: 2015/3/28 1:47

teebee Re: Friday Chat 03.27.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Evening guys....All the best to those involved in the wreck, Marcus. It's a bad deal. I always harped on my girls to completely scrape the windows on the car before they moved it, in those situations. We drive defensively, but sometimes that isn't enough.

Just got home from the basketball team banquet. It was a bittersweet event, as my grandson's basketball career (at least his high school one) is now officially over. He got some awards, 2nd team all league, 3rd highest rebounder in the league and some team things. I even got a big thank you for all the things I've done for the team. And huge compliment from the coaches. The head coach and first assistant, had to run the clock and book at a middle school tourney, and tonight he said he has a whole new respect for the people that do that. He said he got flustered and anxious running the clock at the slow-paced middle school games, I can't imagine the pressure and anxiety in doing a fast-paced high school varsity game. made me feel pretty good.
Posted on: 2015/3/28 2:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.