Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
222 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C2
Abbreviation for the 2nd generation of Corvettes built from 1963-1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy April Fool's Day. I'm don't really get in to the tradition of pranking people, but I enjoy a well thought out joke every once in a while.

I drove the Vette yesterday. It was nice to get it out. I did some PM and changed the PCV valve since I've never changed it in 8 years. I still need to put a catch can on there once day.

Should be a nice day, so I'll be driving the Vette again today. After work I have some errands like hitting the post office.

Seems like Tommy is enjoying himself out there in the middle of the ocean.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/4/1 10:44

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14743 Posts

Up early to get the trucks going.....glad you are getting to drive your car Matt...mine is still in the shop covered up with its blankie.....

Uboy turned 21 the other day.....now that's unbelievable.....So we went in to Lincoln and bought him dinner at Chedders....and I bought him his first beer. I was suggesting some beers he might like since it was his first one....yeah....No Dad I like Miller lite......I said, you do? Anyway I guess we can say it was his first legal beer......I did have a Coors Lite to mark the occasion and found it to be cold and smooth and tasty.......Food was good and a great time was had by all....

Gotta go......run right at em today Guru's......
Posted on: 2015/4/1 11:12

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Gumoie!

Gonna be 75 here today, but the heat will bring some rain. Just as well, it's pretty brown out there. Sadly, this taste of summer will be short-lived. If the rain hasn't started by the tine I get home, maybe I'll rotate the truck tires. Or take a nap.

Congrats to Uboy celebrating his first "legal" brewski!

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/4/1 12:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

CLOUDY, 68, MAY RAIN, HIGH OF 78 PREDICTED. THE GRAY OF WINTER IS BEING SUPERSEDED BY THE COLORS OF SPRING.

SAW A VERY COGENT REMARK:

The Washington Post --- “the Clintons’ defining characteristic” is that “they have no capacity for embarrassment.”

Posted on: 2015/4/1 14:46

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4650 Posts

Happy Birthday to Uboy and congrats on the first 'legal' brew...
Noticed Miller Lite in Mississippi is way cheaper per 18 pack bottles than they are here. There's still two boxes in my truck...
thunderstorms started here last night due to continue through the week but thus far sunny and pleasant. Hail not far away the size of your palm.
Have a good day everyone - be inventive with your April Fool's joking. I still recall my favorite. My then-husband, chief of police, loaned out my new-to-me three year old '96 Vette Id just got while I was out of town. No tags yet. Dude who drove it, in the rain, left cig ashes in it, burned two holes, it stank, was a mess. I teamed up with a friend from the local sheriff's office and some others who worked there including an on-duty dispatcher and we made it out like there was a black tagless vette that was the cause of a hit and run accident a couple nights before (waited a day or two to do this)... the deputy came to arrest me - old man said I was gone and fessed up to the car being 'loaned out' without my permission - he was reduced to tears. We made up shit as we went along - even got the other officers there the car was loaned to over there....for FOUR HOURS.... finally the officer shook my husband's hand, and said "april fool's"... my old man turned white and had to sit down. He proclaimed if it was even a q-tip he'd never ever loan anything else of mine out ever again without asking. period.
Posted on: 2015/4/1 16:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

SPRING:

Attach file:

jpg  country spring.jpg (11.88 KB)
12496_551c26cd25160.jpg 218X123 px

jpg  country spring II.jpg (12.81 KB)
12496_551c26f86fcfc.jpg 218X123 px
Posted on: 2015/4/1 17:12

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

MATT, I'VE BEEN ON TWO CRUSES MYSELF. THE FIRST WAS WHEN 5,000 CLOSE FRIENDS AND I INCHED ACROSS THE PACIFIC IN THE USNS POLK. TOOK ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF BY MY RECKONING, AND VUNG TAU SURE DID LOOK GOOD AFTER THAT BOAT. THAT ALSO WAS, AND IS FOREVER, THE LAST CRUSE, NO MATTER WHAT DARLING WIFE SAYS :-)
Posted on: 2015/4/1 17:21

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Happy Birthday to Uboy and congrats on the first 'legal' brew...
Noticed Miller Lite in Mississippi is way cheaper per 18 pack bottles than they are here. There's still two boxes in my truck...
thunderstorms started here last night due to continue through the week but thus far sunny and pleasant. Hail not far away the size of your palm.
Have a good day everyone - be inventive with your April Fool's joking. I still recall my favorite. My then-husband, chief of police, loaned out my new-to-me three year old '96 Vette Id just got while I was out of town. No tags yet. Dude who drove it, in the rain, left cig ashes in it, burned two holes, it stank, was a mess. I teamed up with a friend from the local sheriff's office and some others who worked there including an on-duty dispatcher and we made it out like there was a black tagless vette that was the cause of a hit and run accident a couple nights before (waited a day or two to do this)... the deputy came to arrest me - old man said I was gone and fessed up to the car being 'loaned out' without my permission - he was reduced to tears. We made up shit as we went along - even got the other officers there the car was loaned to over there....for FOUR HOURS.... finally the officer shook my husband's hand, and said "april fool's"... my old man turned white and had to sit down. He proclaimed if it was even a q-tip he'd never ever loan anything else of mine out ever again without asking. period.

THAT IS WAY TOO COOL! NOTE: DON'T CROSS THE VB ;-)
Posted on: 2015/4/1 17:24

KPotter Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

You know it is a boring day when you look forward to cleaning your cubicle. Fortune 500 company can't spring for a cleaning crew. Sigh.
Posted on: 2015/4/1 18:00

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

SAW A VERY COGENT REMARK:

The Washington Post --- “the Clintons’ defining characteristic” is that “they have no capacity for embarrassment.”

GRIS word of the day:

COGENT

co·gent
adjective
of an argument or case) clear, logical, and convincing.
Posted on: 2015/4/1 18:29

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Well played, Letty.

Spring looks nice out in your neck of the woods, Gris.

Marcus - congrats to UB. What's the word on the crashed truck?
Posted on: 2015/4/1 18:30

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

hey guys....been a super busy day. Meetings early, lumber delivery, kids projects..... crap it's crazy.
Posted on: 2015/4/1 20:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

LMAO - good one, Letty!

I finally got around to my tire-rotation chore, and now it's too late for a nap. Dagnabbit!
Posted on: 2015/4/1 23:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Greetings from Curacao. Nice place as far as Caribbean islands go. Bought some nice stainless steel base metal wind chimes, a matched pair. An obvious necessity that can only be procured while sojourning in far away lands. Sue found another hard to find Citizens watch and bracelet set at 50% off from Emeralds International. Went on excursion that included an Aloe farm, a simulated rain forest with real rain forest wildlife (insects, snakes, birds, lizards, spiders and others) and an island highlights tour. Tomorrow, Aruba. Having a great time so far. Haven't missed a meal or midnight snack yet.
Posted on: 2015/4/1 23:51

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:

MATT, I'VE BEEN ON TWO CRUSES MYSELF. THE FIRST WAS WHEN 5,000 CLOSE FRIENDS AND I INCHED ACROSS THE PACIFIC IN THE USNS POLK. TOOK ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF BY MY RECKONING, AND VUNG TAU SURE DID LOOK GOOD AFTER THAT BOAT. THAT ALSO WAS, AND IS FOREVER, THE LAST CRUSE, NO MATTER WHAT DARLING WIFE SAYS :-)

Gris, marine accomodations have improved considerably over the last half century.;)
Posted on: 2015/4/1 23:56

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 04.01.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4650 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Greetings from Curacao. Nice place as far as Caribbean islands go. Bought some nice stainless steel base metal wind chimes, a matched pair. An obvious necessity that can only be procured while sojourning in far away lands. Sue found another hard to find Citizens watch and bracelet set at 50% off from Emeralds International. Went on excursion that included an Aloe farm, a simulated rain forest with real rain forest wildlife (insects, snakes, birds, lizards, spiders and others) and an island highlights tour. Tomorrow, Aruba. Having a great time so far. Haven't missed a meal or midnight snack yet.

Next time pack me in your suitcase please but just leave me on one of the islands...
Posted on: 2015/4/2 0:34

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.