Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (253 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Should be another chilly day on tap here. Kids were all bundled up with sweaters, jackets, and hats yesterday. I don't think I'm ready for that yet!

Marcus, to answer your questions from yesterday, this is Farm and Fleet:

https://www.farmandfleet.com/sales-flyer/

It's a midwest store, I originally thought it extended father out West. Nice place, though. I've never been to a TSC but I'm guessing it's similar.

As far as the tools, I am/was selling some miscellaneous hand tools. I already sold 1/2 of them last night. I have some Mac sae hex sockets, a fiberscope, some specialty long etorx, and a wrench rack left over. Mostly stuff I doubt you'd be interested in.

On the topic of tools, I promptly turned around and bought some sockets on ebay last night with my newly acquired pocket change....can't quit

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Posted on: 2016/10/22 10:42

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

One of the first steps to recovery is admitting you are addicted......I think it has become evident to all of us............Matt you are addicted to tools......there I said it......somebody had to........we are all here for you and you family.........just saying......

Husker game today against Purdue......we should win but that's what I thought last year when they ran up 50 points on us.......it was the low point of a low season.........things are different this year.......I hope.......Go Big Red...

Need to mow one more time it looks like then I believe I can put things up for the season........then its time to bring out a device that I hate more than any machine in the shop..............the snowblower.........ack.......

Have a seasonal day off Guru's......

Posted on: 2016/10/22 12:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Time to join T/A ........ Tools Anonymous (I had to look up the spelling for anonymous)

Nice day shaping up here. Too many things to do. In parting I'd like to leave you with this thought.

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da, that's all I want to say to you

Posted on: 2016/10/22 13:37

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Nice day out there today, gonna be near 60. Soon I'll be packing up the truck, trying to figure out what I am forgetting to bring. I mowed and cleaned up the leaves last night, but I'm sure I'll come home to plenty more, since my biggest trees haven't dropped many yet.

Have fun, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/10/22 13:49

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

ANOTHER PRETTY MORNING IN THE NATIONS, SUNNY CHILLY, PREDICTED HIGH 75. THE CHEROKEES ARE OK WITH THAT.

TOMMY, I'LL POST THE DUCK STORY LATER, IT'S KINDA LONG.
Posted on: 2016/10/22 14:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

istter1 Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Sad morning for me just found out myv17 year old chocolate label has bone cancer. He had surgery yesterday. I pick him up today at 11. He will have a very short time left on this earth. His best friend my black lab knows something is going on he is miserable.

Attach file:

jpg  7766.jpg (87.21 KB)
5144_580b98b4d517f.jpg 405X720 px

jpg  FB_IMG_1446961052289.jpg (51.24 KB)
5144_580b98e11e9ce.jpg 640X640 px
Posted on: 2016/10/22 16:50

donhall Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Senior Guru
297 Posts

Quote:

istter1 wrote:
Sad morning for me just found out myv17 year old chocolate label has bone cancer. He had surgery yesterday. I pick him up today at 11. He will have a very short time left on this earth. His best friend my black lab knows something is going on he is miserable.

Very sad, indeed. Sometimes it helps to replace a pet soon (?).
Posted on: 2016/10/22 18:33

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Steve, take solace that your beloved pet lived a very long life garnished with the love and affection. Try not to be too sad. It hurts but in time the pain eases. The joy of having time spent with them goes on for as long as you shall live. I think of my friends, family and pets that have passed. They are always with me.

Don, we lost our potbelly pig after 20 years and now have 2. We lost our two dogs and now have two Yorkies that have joined the family plus Schatzie, a Rottie mix, joined us a year before them.
Posted on: 2016/10/22 23:13

donhall Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Senior Guru
297 Posts

[quote]
TommyT-Bone wrote:

Steve, take solace that your beloved pet lived a very long life garnished with the love and affection. Try not to be too sad. It hurts but in time the pain eases. The joy of having time spent with them goes on for as long as you shall live. I think of my friends, family and pets that have passed. They are always with me.

Don, we lost our potbelly pig after 20 years and now have 2. We lost our two dogs and now have two Yorkies that have joined the family plus Schatzie, a Rottie mix, joined us a year before them. [/quote

Yes, Tommy, I have read with interest about the multitude of animals you and Sue
have rescued.
Posted on: 2016/10/23 1:31

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sorry to hear about the pooch, Steve.
Posted on: 2016/10/23 3:19

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

IT'S TOUGH TO LOOSE OLD FRIENDS.

I'M WITH WILL RODGERS; "IF DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN, THEN WHEN I DIE I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY ARE."
Posted on: 2016/10/23 4:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Hey guys....it's still Saturday as I start writing this, barely, but still Saturday. It was chiiiiily when we got up 34, but warmed up to 86.

We had to get up early so we could go over to the 'city' for our weekly shopping. We also took GS's new bike that I put together last friday over to the bike shop to have everything checked out, to make sure it is adjusted properly. Also took Rosies' bike and had it tuned up as well. So that meant we had about 4 hours to dink around waiting for them to be done. I bought all the plumbing stuff to make the vacuum manifold for the new router. And all the normal stops. Ate lunch then went by and picked up the bikes and made it home.

I got everything unloaded and Rosie went to the PO to get the mail (small town, we have to go to the PO to get our mail) and finds that some things I ordered for the shop arrived. So when she gets back I go out to the shop and work for an hour. Then it was time for church. After church the local Chamber of Commerce had a "date night", including dinner, vendors and a dance. Dinner was good, we sat with a former student (graduated in 84 and just recently returned) and his wife. Had a nice conversation.

Anyway it has been a full day. So sorry about the lab, Steve.

Time for bed.
Posted on: 2016/10/23 5:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

94BlueToy Re: Saturday Chat 10.22.16
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved Brittany last May and still think of him and look for him every day. But most of all I remember his great love and companionship and that will be with me always as will your friends.
Posted on: 2016/10/23 13:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.