Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
303 user(s) are online (261 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Lichen Getting the other generations over here.
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

Well, C4 generation has made a mad exodus, but how do we get the other Corvette generations to join us? Will Azz-Hole SaveWave eventually drive them out?
Posted on: 2008/2/23 2:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

I'm not worried about "getting" them over here. I just believe that if the Guru continues on it's present course, such matters will progress in a natural manner . When you're doing things right, many things just take care of themselves.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 3:40

jhammons01 RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

Do we need the other Gens over here?
Posted on: 2008/2/23 4:23

RollaMo-LT4 RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Quote:
Do we need the other Gens over here?

If they drive a Corvette, they should be welcomed.

Some of them might need to check their egos at the door though.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 13:19

TommyT-Bone RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I am now giving other generation owners the plug for C4guru. As they multiply they can help some of their own.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 14:22

BillH RE:Getting the other generations over here.
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I'd like to see the C1,2,3 guys over here.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 15:36

biggrizzly RE:Getting the other generations over here.
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

For now I think our Forum name probably keeps some of the other generations away unless they LOVE C4s like us.
I think Andy has some changes in mind that will support that thought.
Mr Bogus?
Posted on: 2008/2/23 16:30

Shadow RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Senior Guru
271 Posts

From what I've seen, the "brain trust" of the C1,2 & 3's went mainly to the valley.

Not much if anything there in the C4 genre

A lot of the C5/6er's did as well.

A ton of the OT types went to DC. Hated to see that, but most will fit right in

Many of the Florida vette owners came over to our CorvetteFlorida site for local activities and such.

And most of the C4's came here

Just my observations
Posted on: 2008/2/23 17:16

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

Shadow Re: Getting the other generations over here.
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:
Well, C4 generation has made a mad exodus, but how do we get the other Corvette generations to join us? Will Azz-Hole SaveWave eventually drive them out?

If anyone could do it he could

Of course, he has help from Gray Fox, Irish Mac and Pewter99 (or WTF ever he calls himself today

Let them implode...the fun and games have only just begun...anyone want to play?
Posted on: 2008/2/23 17:18

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

jhammons01 RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

And the other Gens will bring......

[quote]Quote:
Originally Posted by smack123 View Post
Maybe the dialogue is a little more intelligent on that "other" Corvette forum.
At least that other forum wants us there and they are not openly hostile toward the owners of C4s and their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle86 View Post
stop pickin on the C4 owners
but in all seriousness they are jealous
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
With close to 50% of CF male members being single; this sounds like a deal some C4 owners should consider
Hell, $15K will fix your pantydropper in no time.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/07....ap/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry G View Post
And everyone knows a C4 has nothing to brag about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Like being caught behind the wheel of a C4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofway View Post
only C5/6, C4 owners are far too cheap,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
what's the big deal?? we are all closet rascists anyway. the C6 owners hate the C4 owners because we see them as stupid, lazy, dirty with little or no morals, fornicating and leaving illegitimate children everywhere.

Dog and Imus just said what a lot of people think.

the C4 owners hate the C6 owners because they see us as controlling everything, when actually only a few C6 owners control things. the rest of us C6 owners are just marginally better off than the C4 owners, we just don't know it. and we now have a larger C5 segment that are stupid, lazy, dirty with little or no morals, fornicating and leaving illegitimate children everywhere. this was NOT the norm 5-10 yrs ago. C4 owners are even rascist to their own people, the nicer your C4 the more you are a "******". there are C4 owners who watch the other C4 owners and keep them in line, so they don't become too friendly with C6 Owners. my C4 owning neighbor could not come over to my house for coffee because "they" were watching.

I moved to an inner city neighborhood and lived there for 7 years. the fact that we, my wife and myself don't take $h*t off anybody ,no matter what your car, was construed that we hated C4 owners. true, I was not too comfortable around them, but after 7 years I can tell you that there are C4 "******s" and there are C6 "******s".fix'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkRat View Post
For some reason mullet threads pop up about twice a year. I'm sure there are plenty of C4 owners with mullets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglandGreen View Post
C4 Owners...
Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
Because that's how the C4 owners role. Them and the C1, C2, C3 and C6 gen owners too. Jealousy I guess.
Strange to see this coming from PeterK, not to be confused with PeteK, because that guy (PeterK) regularly posts the wildest of fact defying claims and stands by them when proved wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Yes, yes indeed. Too bad that these c4 owners are simpletons who can't understand it when it is said in subtle tones. You really have to explain it to them in terms that they understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
And then they [C4 owners] still don't get it.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORCH View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking. C4, has to be a mullet head to want one of those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswriz42 View Post
No, I like C4s, just not their owners trying to sell their car in the sale sections
This guy sees it too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryAZ View Post
The C4 sensitivity isn't about jealousy, it's mainly about the lack of even minor respect for the car here. Fact is in "Off Topic", the C4 gets bashed more than any other car - including Mustangs, Miatas, Hondas, etc. Everyone else thinks it's funny, but I find it to be grating in some cases and I think many people on this site from the C4 section avoid OT just because of that, which is a shame. Just my experience.
But this guy is one of the bashers.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick96cevette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany00
Guess I have to spell it out for some people. She was right that the C5 is an older car compared to the C6. When I said she doesn't get it, I meant that any respectable Corvette owner would not make a derogatory comment like that. Like I said earlier, she's right but doesn't get it....

So why would you have made the below comment on the thread where there was bashing of a guy who bought a nice 89 C4?

My argument:
Comments like the above are rude and should not be to tolerated....this is a Corvette Forum after all. I happen to like C4 Corvettes and own a 1996 Collector Edition Coupe. If I chose to think of it as a Collector piece than so beit. Why should anyone talk down on me or my "Corvette" for thinking in such a way? To some collecting things is not done for future value BUT instead as a hobby.

I like to think of the success of the Corvette happening due to each generations success based upon the era they were built....let's face it each Corvette generation took place during much different technological, market, and economical environments. If that were not the case, the Corvette would have remained unchanged and there would be only 1 generation. The C2 generation built upon the success of the C1, C3 on C2, ect, ect. If not for the C4 generation the C5 and C6 would not exist.

Your response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany00
you must have a mullet
Speaking of C4 owners, this guy writes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearig View Post
If by "odd" you mean "deranged, deluded, redneck hillbillies," then yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lager99 View Post
Us Canadian's try not to acknowledge C4 owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR'92 View Post
Hey! What's wrong with gold chains / Mullets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Borowski View Post
...typical C4 owner. They think they're driving sumptin' special & valuable when it's worth no more that a late '90's Cavalier or Lumina(for Wako).
Quote:
Originally Posted by W!ngnut View Post
that's about as stupid as saying most C4 owners are trailer trash...oh wait...you don't live in a trailer park do you? Mullet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuktuk View Post
Chicks totally dig guys with fake watches.

Nothing is more attractive to me than a guy who can't afford or doesn't want to spend the $$ to own an expensive watch who ALSO feels the compelling desire (lack of self confidence?) to own something that LOOKS like that expensive watch so he can impress people with it.

Pah. Theh. Tic.

That's "pathetic," in case you don't do phonics.

But hey, if you put a C6 badge on your C4, I'm sure it'll be JUST the same.

Me, I'm all about Fossil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
I am sure he had a corvette jacket on too. Was it a C4?
Quote:
Oxymoron when referring to a C4. But what a way to do it!! Was that Utah's backyard where they filmed this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinStrife View Post
Why? It's just a C4.
But the forum rules say:
Quote:
Personal attacks/hostility toward others
The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum members.
I think Sven is the best example of someone crying out for validation of his C6 lease payments and he does this by bashing the C4 and its owners.

The quotes above are only a quick sampling. Any real search or time in OT would reveal more.[quote]
Posted on: 2008/2/23 17:31

bogus RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

it's the price we pay for fame.

And yes, we want to bring in the other gens. If we hope to grow, we need to.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 18:40

DrEvil RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Guru
Get in mah belly!
71 Posts

This is my opinion only but I really believe that the name alone will keep other generations away. If one were to get C5guru, C6guru, C3guru etc and combine or redirect them all here then perhaps that might work.
As for Jim W. AKA Savewave, I've met him and his wife and had the chance to have dinner and cruise with them on several occasions. My wife and I enjoyed their company. I consider them to be friends and good people. I may disagree with the direction the CF is heading or other things pertaining to the CF but that doesnt mean I harbour any ill will towards him.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 23:02

Notorious RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:
This is my opinion only but I really believe that the name alone will keep other generations away. If one were to get C5guru, C6guru, C3guru etc and combine or redirect them all here then perhaps that might work.

The name change is coming soon and then we'll be "Corvette Guru." Do I have that right, Andy? I can't wait for the coming server changes and other upgrades. What's the latest on that, oh master Gurus? :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/2/23 23:18

Shadow RE:Getting the other generations over here.
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:
As for Jim W. AKA Savewave, I've met him and his wife and had the chance to have dinner and cruise with them on several occasions. My wife and I enjoyed their company. I consider them to be friends and good people. I may disagree with the direction the CF is heading or other things pertaining to the CF but that doesnt mean I harbour any ill will towards him.

I know things are in the works here to expand. I have other national sites I visit for other information and come here for the comaraderie and C4 information. If it grows and catches on, I'll be here to help

As for Jim...no thank you!

I've never met him personally and at this point, I'm not sure I want to? I've been told the same thing you mention by a couple others over there, but they are admins and mods and have reason to be biased.

I've provided him with my cell number and asked that he call to discuss forum matters and he has yet to this day, had the sack to dial the f**kin' number!

Maybe it's the personal interaction that he fears? Maybe it;s just that inherrent chicken chit journalistic nature of hitting and running that he can't relieve himself of? Whatever it is, I don't care for it.

I've always lived a life where you didn't assume or expect admiration or respect, you earned it. So far, he hasn't earned mine.

I know I'm not high on his list of great people either. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm not a leghumper and never will be!

The doors still open but I doubt he has what it takes to walk through it;)

I have had "internet" conversations with him and found that if you don't cowtow to his way of thinking or are not willing to change the way you think, you're going to get absolutely nowhere with him! You HAVE to agree with him or there is NO 2 WAY COMMUNICATION. In my opinion, he's a typical journalist :sad3:

He's up to his ass (or up thiers) in Internet Brand and it pours out in his posts and responses. He refuses (or is incapable) of seeing the forrest for the trees and ignored most if not all the comments, complaints and suggestions stated by the senior members in the steering committee. That section was truly more of a "my way or the highway" and his threats are childish and irresponsible.
He blew most of the complaints off as sour grapes.

He has a limited ability to see the total picture, again, very much a journalist approach.

It's one thing to support your moderators; however, when you have numerous complaints and can SEE the post count dwindling and quality moving away, and STILL refuse to take the appropriate action then there's a problem. It's as though he's buried his head in the sand (being nice) and is waiting for it all to go away????

If I ever have the opportunity to meet him face to face, we can discuss a resolution at that time. Jesse (Cor07vette) and I didn't get along for chit when we were first introduced on the forum. I thought he was a complete ass and the feeling I'm sure was mutual

Today, he's one of my best friends and a very close confidant. Of all the admins and mods over there (currently) he's the one I have most respect for. I don't always agree with his comments or actions, but who does? But I respect the fact the he has the balls to pick up a phone or meet you face to face if the opportunity arises

He's an ex-police chief and FBI National Academy graduate.

It's been said that there are those that MAKE things happen, those that WATCH things happen, and those that WONDER what happened? He' as with server of us, is in the 1st category He doesn't just write about chit, he's lived it....and much much more that I won't get into here

IMO, unless his and attitudes like his change soon, that forum won't be worth taking the time to log into

Oh, and I don't give a damned if he sees this or not! The phone number is still the same
Posted on: 2008/2/24 0:15

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.