Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Regular Production Order
Commonly known as RPO. These are the codes that GM uses to identify options.

For example, LT1 is the RPO for the engine used from 1992-1996.

Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Topic is Locked

brian 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Senior Guru
193 Posts

ok so im still deciding on what to do with my transmission. now that i have money and am moving soon what do you guys think would be the best.

there is a 6 speed on ebay but its has alot of miles and the seller isnt responding to any of my messages.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-COR ... 32QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

also someone on the forums said he has a 6 speed zf6 siting around cause he went ls1 and t56. he wants 600 for that. on mamotorworks.com i put stuff in my shoping cart for the swap and it came out to like $800 but i still need some more stuff. so the zf6 swap is going to run me about 1600-1700K

my other option is to just rebuild or by a new 4 speed.
does anyone no what kinda 4 speed is in there atm(1988 L98 4+3) also what do you think a rebuild would cost me(the overdrive part is fine it turns on and off no problem) i would love to keep it cheap cause there still is alot of stuff i need to do with the car but the tranny comes first(and radiator).

if you guys can tell me what you kinda 4 speed is in there and ill start looking for a new 4 speed or if you have already rebuild the 4 speed and no the price to rebuild it that would also be great to no. it needs a full rebuild from what i no so far but will no more when i pull it from the car.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 2:54
Edited by brian on 2008/3/27 20:15:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: 6speed thoughts
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

you really dont' know... it's too much money, I can say that. with 92k miles?
Posted on: 2008/3/24 2:59

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

brian Re: 6speed thoughts
Senior Guru
193 Posts

thats my thought also. there is someone on the forums that said he has a 6speed for 600$ so im kinda leaning toward that cause he is on the forums.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 3:01

Jonnymac Re: 6speed thoughts
Guru Newb
Decatur, Illinois
25 Posts

A new ZF6 will sell for $1500 on eBay. The same person has been selling both black and blue W/O the bell housing.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 3:21

Senior Guru
193 Posts

Quote:

Jonnymac wrote:
A new ZF6 will sell for $1500 on eBay. The same person has been selling both black and blue W/O the bell housing.

wait what do you mean?
Posted on: 2008/3/24 3:27

Guru Newb
Decatur, Illinois
25 Posts

eBay ZF6
The black tag the stronger early model and blue tag was the later model.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 3:57

Senior Guru
193 Posts

i no there is a black and blue tag and buying a new tranny would be AWESOME but would be braking the bank a little.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 3:59

Guru Newb
Decatur, Illinois
25 Posts

The "what do you mean?" part kind of threw me. Will good luck with your search.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 4:09

Senior Guru
193 Posts

well he is talking about the same person selling other things or somthing like that idk
Posted on: 2008/3/24 4:11

brian Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Senior Guru
193 Posts

edit bump
Posted on: 2008/3/27 20:16

LD85 Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

My buddy told me today that he would sell his Richmond 6 speed for $1400 + shipping
Posted on: 2008/3/27 22:18

Senior Guru
193 Posts

well if that came with everything to do the swap also then i would consider it. but i dont think it does.
Posted on: 2008/3/27 23:07

Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

If you have a 4 speed then you use your 4-speed clutch, clutch and Bellhousing, and bolt it on. It comes with a sifter and you should be ready to go.

PM me and I will send you his email address and you guys can hammer it out on your own.
Posted on: 2008/3/27 23:28

Senior Guru
193 Posts

does anyone no what 4 speed is put in the 1988 4+3?
Posted on: 2008/3/28 1:48

Senior Guru
193 Posts

stop reading the trivia :D what 4 speed is in the 4 1988 is it the munic?
Posted on: 2008/3/28 2:14

Senior Guru
193 Posts

or is it just called a doug nash 4 speed cause when ever i look it always just tells me about the 4+3. my over drive on the car is find its the gears that are messed up
Posted on: 2008/3/28 2:28

Josh Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

Dude, you have got to work on your typing. Using acronyms and shorthand is great for texting your buddies, but you're trying to get advice about your Corvette, not talk about some girls huge boobies. OMG her bbs R huge!!!!!111ONE!111 is one thing, asking for serious input from qualified people about a $10,000 car is something else entirely. Take the extra 5 seconds and type the words. You've used 'no' instead of 'know' so many times I've lost count. It's 2 letters. TWO LETTERS!

Before you launch on me with, "But you all know what I meant, so it doesn't matter!" -or- some other derivative of that argument, take a second and think about what's going on here.

Most of the people on here who are knowledgeable are older than 25, or maybe even 30. I'm not sure what the exact average age is of our members here; but I promise of those who contribute legit technical advice, very few are under 21. Those of us who didn't get a cell phone for our 5th birthday haven't grown up sending text messages, instant messages, or E-mail. I guess what I am trying to say, is that trying to read what you've written, then make sense of it, then trying to interpret what you are asking, through the garble of 'IDK' - 'no' when you mean 'know' - and all the other atrocities towards the English language that you've committed; it gives me a headache. Not a fake, I'm talking over the Internet head ache, a real, as in pain inside my brain, kind of headache.

Most of the time, when my brain starts to hurt from reading a post, I just click the 'back' button and move on. You're in here whining about not getting answers and you don't even respect the people you are asking enough to type out the question.

That's all just my opinion, take it as you will, but I bet you'd get more help if you made an effort to make your questions easy to read.

And, to prove that I'm not a heartless grammar Nazi; the transmission in your car is made by Doug Nash. The 4 speed can be had for fairly cheap, but the over drive unit is expensive and difficult to rebuild. If you plan to modify the car past about 300 horse power, the transmission becomes a liability. I don't know of any good, cheap, solution. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 2:41

Senior Guru
193 Posts

Quote:

Josh wrote:
Dude, you have got to work on your typing. Using acronyms and shorthand is great for texting your buddies, but you're trying to get advice about your Corvette, not talk about some girls huge boobies. OMG her bbs R huge!!!!!111ONE!111 is one thing, asking for serious input from qualified people about a $10,000 car is something else entirely. Take the extra 5 seconds and type the words. You've used 'no' instead of 'know' so many times I've lost count. It's 2 letters. TWO LETTERS!

Before you launch on me with, "But you all know what I meant, so it doesn't matter!" -or- some other derivative of that argument, take a second and think about what's going on here.

Most of the people on here who are knowledgeable are older than 25, or maybe even 30. I'm not sure what the exact average age is of our members here; but I promise of those who contribute legit technical advice, very few are under 21. Those of us who didn't get a cell phone for our 5th birthday haven't grown up sending text messages, instant messages, or E-mail. I guess what I am trying to say, is that trying to read what you've written, then make sense of it, then trying to interpret what you are asking, through the garble of 'IDK' - 'no' when you mean 'know' - and all the other atrocities towards the English language that you've committed; it gives me a headache. Not a fake, I'm talking over the Internet head ache, a real, as in pain inside my brain, kind of headache.

Most of the time, when my brain starts to hurt from reading a post, I just click the 'back' button and move on. You're in here whining about not getting answers and you don't even respect the people you are asking enough to type out the question.

That's all just my opinion, take it as you will, but I bet you'd get more help if you made an effort to make your questions easy to read.

And, to prove that I'm not a heartless grammar Nazi; the transmission in your car is made by Doug Nash. The 4 speed can be had for fairly cheap, but the over drive unit is expensive and difficult to rebuild. If you plan to modify the car past about 300 horse power, the transmission becomes a liability. I don't know of any good, cheap, solution. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

thanks for the answer to the question but to the english part that will more then likely not change. the only time i dont write like this is when i have to write a paper for college. i have been typing like this for about 7 years. if you think my typing is bad then you should see some of the people i talk to online! my big problem is that i dont structure sentences when i type or use right punctuations. the only time i really short cut on words is when i type no and know. the only time i catch it is when im talking to a chick on myspace or texting. sorry im young but my mom had me at the age of 20 and my brother at 18. was she suppose to have me when she first started the rag?
Posted on: 2008/3/28 2:53

bogus Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Josh... a man after my own heart. I agree. I can't stand Internet shorthand...

And with real keyboards, there is no excuse for it - except laziness.

With that said, the 4+3 was a neat idea... really. The concept goes back to at least the 1940s. It's not new. It's just never been all that reliable.

If it was my car and my money? Get the TKO 500 or 600 conversion. Both are 5spd manuals that are so much more modern than the hunk-o-junk BW Super T-10's this setup was based on.

The number represents the torque handling of the gearbox. There isn't a huge price difference, either way, you are looking at no change from $3k.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 2:55

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

thanks for the answer to the question but to the english part that will more then likely not change. the only time i dont write like this is when i have to write a paper for college. i have been typing like this for about 7 years. if you think my typing is bad then you should see some of the people i talk to online! my big problem is that i dont structure sentences when i type or use right punctuations. the only time i really short cut on words is when i type no and know. the only time i catch it is when im talking to a chick on myspace or texting. sorry im young but my mom had me at the age of 20 and my brother at 18. was she suppose to have me when she first started the rag?

So you blame your bad typing on the fact your mom was young when you were born? That's what I call a "cop out."

A big fat cop out.

Damn.

I assume you are at least in high school, or perhaps even college. Have you ever considered that a potential employer will take your writing skills to task and make a decision based upon your ability to write?

The way I look at it, these places are the best way to IMPROVE your skills at writing. The issues discussed here are complex and technical. This requires consideration of thought and a careful selection of word.

Josh is absolutely right... unless you hang out at a Civic forum, this type of writing style will not do you justice. We are adults here - I am 42...
Posted on: 2008/3/28 3:01

Senior Guru
193 Posts

yeah 3 k is out of my budget i wish it wasnt but it is. im looking into that richmond since after what josh said that the 4+3 isnt reliable around 300 hp. im aiming for like 350.

sorry that my shorthand is annoying. but if it makes you feel better i can right a BITCHING essay for school. although it does take me a long time and having to reread it alot of times to get rid of my shorthand and run on sentence
Posted on: 2008/3/28 3:02

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Brian,

Take my advice. Writing only gets better with practice. Use these forums as a way to improve those skills. Kill two birds with one stone.

The Richmond is ok, but they are not all that durable. I have heard of quite a few failing. Besides, they are old tech, unless they have upgraded the unit.

You can retro-fit a T56, too. It requires a bracket, tho.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 3:04

Senior Guru
193 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Quote:

So you blame your bad typing on the fact your mom was young when you were born? That's what I call a "cop out."

A big fat cop out.

Damn.

I assume you are at least in high school, or perhaps even college. Have you ever considered that a potential employer will take your writing skills to task and make a decision based upon your ability to write?

The way I look at it, these places are the best way to IMPROVE your skills at writing. The issues discussed here are complex and technical. This requires consideration of thought and a careful selection of word.

Josh is absolutely right... unless you hang out at a Civic forum, this type of writing style will not do you justice. We are adults here - I am 42...

no josh said something about me being young and all my life with text messaging. and im just saying well what am i suppose to do about it?
Posted on: 2008/3/28 3:05

Senior Guru
193 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Brian,

Take my advice. Writing only gets better with practice. Use these forums as a way to improve those skills. Kill two birds with one stone.

The Richmond is ok, but they are not all that durable. I have heard of quite a few failing. Besides, they are old tech, unless they have upgraded the unit.

You can retro-fit a T56, too. It requires a bracket, tho.

Bogus,

Ok thanks for the advice. I tried to research some things on the richmond 6 speed but there is not that much information on it. I'm just trying to get the most bang for my buck, I wish i could go with the TKO 500 but that is not even near my budget. Would it be better just to buy the ZF6 from the person on the forums for $600, then replace everything to do the swap. Also, what do you mean retro-fit a T56?
Posted on: 2008/3/28 3:09

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Retro-fit - to take something and make it fit whether it was really supposed to or not.

There is a bracket kit available to make the T56 adapt to the C-Beam.

FYI - by the time you have bought all the bits needed for a ZF6 conversion, you are into some real money. I would expect at least $1500.00. Considering you already have a manual, it will be a bit less, but you will still need the bell housing, full on clutch and clutch hydraulic slave.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 4:50

jhammons01 Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

^^^sure is a lot of hassle.....there is already a Tranny in there....it just need some TLC to make it purr.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 5:05

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

the hassle is in getting the parts to make it purr.

If your 4+3 took a crap, I would say pickle it and get a TKO 5spd. You would be much happier!
Posted on: 2008/3/28 5:59

Senior Guru
193 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
the hassle is in getting the parts to make it purr.

If your 4+3 took a crap, I would say pickle it and get a TKO 5spd. You would be much happier!

believe me i would go tko 500 in a SECOND if i had the money to do it. it is about 3.8 grand to do that.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 6:23

pappyfreebird Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

aw fug im 46 taday... n i am the biggest offender fer sure...but my cop out is im fuggan old...n when was posed ta be in school i were doin dope n ridon motosickels...but i do have a purty good job n have survived in life ...so i rekon i will try a lil harder too fella rednecks...in other werds i ain stupid i rekon jus lazy n maybe a lil rebel in me sez i do it my way...but when need help ya need help dig
Posted on: 2008/3/28 12:12

Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

Ol'RJ used this Richmond 6 speed behind 415RWHP/425RWTQ if I recall, and he had no issues and consistently ran a 12.3 at 119-MPH, he now uses a TKO 600 and with some other mods, runs a 121-mph at 11.6 et.

He also road raced the car, so as far as he was concerned, I think the ROD held up well.

And at 350FWHP for Brian, I see no issues and he can use the stock clutch, hyd's and FW.

The ROD is an external rail setup but Brian needs a cost effective swap, and a ZF is not a cost effective swap, IMHO when you consider the extra cost of the clutch and Flywheel and questionable hydraulics and the sensitive clutch geometry issues when doing a retrofit.

I am not a tranny expert,,, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn this week!
Posted on: 2008/3/28 12:26

Notorious Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

so the zf6 swap is going to run me about 1600-1700K

Wow, 1.6 to 1.7 million dollars? That's a lot of money to put into an old Vette.
I realize that the state of public education is abysmal these days. But some kids still manage to learn in spite of that.
And Pappy, when I was young I also smoked dope, rode motorcycles and goofed off in school. And I'm older than you are. But in spite of all of that, I'm still able to write coherently.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 12:40

Senior Guru
193 Posts

wow i thought this forum was cool until this thread. most corvette owners are the same. now i say more cause there are the exceptions, but most of you guys just put yourself on a high pedestaled and dont come down for no one. i dont care how much drugs you did back in the good ol day. nor does anyone else, frankly to me it sounds like your bragging about it. I dont do drugs nor have i ever, and i managed to get good grades and high school and am now geting good grades in college. i got a corvette cause my step grandpa talk so highly about the owners of corvettes and how when you drive next to one they flash there lights. so i figured him if there like that on the streets (Which they are even c5 and some c6 owners flash there lights at me even when i have 1 that dosent move) there must be some good forums. how about you guys back the fuck off and stop being so anal about the stupid little thing and shimmy down that pedestaled before you fall the fuck off. and if there are mistakes in this fucking writing i have done here i dont give a fuck cause im not going back and rereading shit, cause since you guys are so smart you can figure put what i am saying
Posted on: 2008/3/28 13:11

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

brian wrote:
wow i thought this forum was cool until this thread. most corvette owners are the same. now i say more cause there are the exceptions, but most of you guys just put yourself on a high pedestaled and dont come down for no one. i dont care how much drugs you did back in the good ol day. nor does anyone else, frankly to me it sounds like your bragging about it. I dont do drugs nor have i ever, and i managed to get good grades and high school and am now geting good grades in college. i got a corvette cause my step grandpa talk so highly about the owners of corvettes and how when you drive next to one they flash there lights. so i figured him if there like that on the streets (Which they are even c5 and some c6 owners flash there lights at me even when i have 1 that dosent move) there must be some good forums. how about you guys back the fuck off and stop being so anal about the stupid little thing and shimmy down that pedestaled before you fall the fuck off. and if there are mistakes in this fucking writing i have done here i dont give a fuck cause im not going back and rereading shit, cause since you guys are so smart you can figure put what i am saying

the next stage of grief is anger.

In all seriousness, we are trying to HELP.

I am like Josh. I don't waste my time reading a post written in gibberish.

Even tho Pappy has a unique style, I can strangely understand it.

We are Corvette owners, yes, but we are also trying to elevate the post. It annoys me to no end that someone - anyone - can be so lazy as to not try to help themselves FIRST. And to do that is to present their post in a neat and clear manner. All it takes is a little forethought.

I write a lot for work. Multiple page project documents and such. My writing has to be on. And I have gotten to a point where everything I write is simply done neatly. I can't turn it off or on at will.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 14:44

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

woe bri...hey man i can agree n yet disagree.....but i will correct mt azz on the doin dope n skippin school...it took me down a bad road drugs bikin n loose of life that ends you in lockup n feelings youll have forever...so take it from n x hardcore...im dayum proud of yer statement...havent n dont intend too bravo dude...it ain werth it...now ive been to a couple sites n they will jump right down yer throat...they will also help n can help alot....ifn ya try n relate....mispeller n run on ...fug i r the king brutha...proud nawt! grateful maybe a lil...i dont know how i got this (ill call it pc lingo) i slander the english language n swear like a banshee...n am personally dealin wid that right now with a 16 yer ol daughter that sez i wish i could say that (my response ya do n ill kick yer azz) real good heyhuh ... ok i shut ...i have a sense of humor ... i like ta bs as i learn...theres some good nuts in this tree...hey where the fugs my redneck interpreter drop top

ps n i aint nevo seen a key board tell i had ta git a pc fer kids...to me the dayum thing should be in order as the abc sss... a pen n im fine...a keyboard n look out dork boys here...waaahahahaa hey ya fuggars its friday n fer some spring is near...so lets yell fug it n give a great chear!!! woot woot woot!!!! sarry bog but i did say i run on...life is good people enjoy it
Posted on: 2008/3/28 14:51
Edited by pappyfreebird on 2008/3/28 15:09:03

Matatk Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

pappyfreebird wrote:
woe bri...hey man i can agree n yet disagree.....but i will correct mt azz on the doin dope n skippin school...it took me down a bad road drugs bikin n loose of life that ends you in lockup n feelings youll have forever...so take it from n x hardcore...im dayum proud of yer statement...havent n dont intend too bravo dude...it ain werth it...now ive been to a couple sites n they will jump right down yer throat...they will also help n can help alot....ifn ya try n relate....mispeller n run on ...fug i r the king brutha...proud nawt! grateful maybe a lil...i dont know how i got this (ill call it pc lingo) i slander the english language n swear like a banshee...n am personally dealin wid that right now with a 16 yer ol daughter that sez i wish i could say that (my response ya do n ill kick yer azz) real good heyhuh ... ok i shut ...i have a sense of humor ... i like ta bs as i learn...theres some good nuts in this tree...hey where the fugs my redneck interpreter drop top

ps n i aint nevo seen a key board tell i had ta git a pc fer kids...to me the dayum thing should be in order as the abc sss... a pen n im fine...a keyboard n look out dork boys here...waaahahahaa hey ya fuggars its friday n fer some spring is near...so lets yell fug it n give a great chear!!! woot woot woot!!!! sarry bog but i did say i run on...life is good people enjoy it

[TRANSLATION]

Woah, Brian. I can agree, and yet disagree. But I will correct myself on the smoking marijuana and being truant. It lead me down the troubled road of drugs, the motorcycle lifestyle, and loose morals that ends in prison with lifelong regrets. So take some advice from a person who lead that hardcore lifestyle. I'm proud of your statement (regarding non-drug usage and education), good for you. But I am not putting myself on a pedestal and don't intend to. It isn't worth it. I have been to several other forums and they will insult you, however they can be helpful if you try to relate to them. Mispelling and run on? I am the king of that. Proud? No. I am a little grateful, though, that I've made it this far. I don't know how I came to type the way I do. I slander the English language and swear quite a bit. I am personally dealing with a troublesome 16 year old daughter who would like to be like her father. I tell her that I will be forced to inflict parental corporal punishment upon her if she does. Good, huh? Ok, I'll refrain from delving deeper into that subject at this point.
I have a sense of humor. I like to joke and talk as I learn. After all, there are some good, knowledgeable people on this forum. By the way, where is my "redneck" interpreter drop top? (Matatk!)

P.S. I had never seen a keyboard until I needed a personal computer for my children. It is my rational belief that the qwerty keyboard should be in the same order as the ABCs. With a pen, I do quite well. With a keyboard, not so much. Despite the above, it is Friday and spring is near, so everyone be happy. Yeah! Sorry Bogus, but I did previously attest to the fact that I run on as I type. Life is good, so enjoy it.

[END TRANSLATION]

Matthew

(I did take a slight amount of literary freedom to invoke the "feeling" of the post)

(translation is just one of the many services I offer)
Posted on: 2008/3/28 16:07

Senior Guru
193 Posts

i have the hardest time reading pappy writing
Posted on: 2008/3/28 16:51

CentralCoaster Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Don't worry Brian, I don't like Corvette owners either.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 16:54

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

wahahahahaha hey thanks matt!!!! fer the rest of ya!! fug off n drink a beer fer me cause i refrain from that too!!! yer all rednecks in my opinion...but i like rednecks..n no i ain funny that way neither dayumit!!!! hey brian just wait till it warms up more...all you cats ill git more pappy babble im sure... i do have all oils n filters bought n ready(thanks to these cats fer the how what n wheres) now needa talk sweetly to my nephew sosin i kin use his new lift...n thats when the questions will fly...hopin nawt but never know...know wid a K too mayun!! yarg i r a redneck n proud

ps do need to correct one lil part of my interpretors interpratation correction is Nawt a troubled 16 yr ol ...a wunnerful 16 yr ol thats made comments bout wishin could swear as the poppa do...thnak God thats my ony prolem with her ...umm so far(thats fer any of yas thats a parent)
Posted on: 2008/3/28 17:27
Edited by pappyfreebird on 2008/3/28 18:16:31

Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

Guys let me try,,,,I speak Jive.....

Pappy,,,,yontsum?
Posted on: 2008/3/28 18:07

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

yo bra ya gots it mayun ... yo rest a yous cat say hey yontsum !!! yea baby!!! hey now you english teachers n such he started it dig!!! so givum the azz chewin nawt me ... aw-ite rednecks i shut up now...but its been fun

ps prolly should be in chat but heyhuh...its a learnin lesson on how we need to communicate n get along...its what makes huminoids so special
Posted on: 2008/3/28 18:19

Matatk Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

pappyfreebird wrote:

ps do need to correct one lil part of my interpretors interpratation correction is Nawt a troubled 16 yr ol ...a wunnerful 16 yr ol thats made comments bout wishin could swear as the poppa do...thnak God thats my ony prolem with her ...umm so far(thats fer any of yas thats a parent)

I do apologize, good sir. My redneck translation is a little rusty, as I no longer drive a pickup truck or wear flannel shirts with the sleeves cut off as I once did in my youth. And that's the truth.

Matthew

ps - never meant to imply your daughter was troubled...simply that she wanted to be like her father. :toothy3:
Posted on: 2008/3/28 18:39

Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

Pappy, you are cracking me up!
Posted on: 2008/3/28 18:48

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

matt no prolem my freind ...i just hafta brag that ive truly been blessed wid great kids...ive had custody fer 9 yrs . have had help from wunnerful new lady ..but thats all i meant too brutha...as fer crackin up great ... i think we all need some good laughter now then its good fer the soul...its the bruthahood n tech that makes a great site n this place has it...proof yall puttin up wid my azz ain ya ...woot woot woot...have a great wk end...finally sum sun n 40 in mn... yeeeehaaawwwww!!!!!

ps again... dayum i nevo shut up do i
hey i jus hafta comment on the sleeves !!! fug i hate em i realy realy do ... ya cant find a plainer bumb then ol paps...1st thing is tear them sleaves off n i gots me a truck too...in fact a kinda nice lil yuppie truck si i rekon i might be turnin sissy ..cuase its a 4 door s10 n ony has bout a 4+4 box... but i still wear underwear dayumit
Posted on: 2008/3/28 19:30

Josh Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

Quote:

brian wrote:
wow i thought this forum was cool until this thread. most corvette owners are the same. now i say more cause there are the exceptions, but most of you guys just put yourself on a high pedestaled and dont come down for no one.

You are coming to me seeking information, information that I either learned through first hand experience, monetary outlay, or pilfered from someone else. My point is that I paid for the information in some way or another. You're asking me to give that information to you, for nothing. To top it off, you don't even have the common courtesy to make your request easy to read and understand. The absolute icing on the cake is that when I ask you to be more clear (in my own unique an loving manner) you flip out like a 5 year old having a tantrum.

"Little Brian, don't talk like that."

"FUCK YOU! I can talk however I want! If you don't like it, it means you think you're better than me! You ASSHOLE!"

See how immature, stupid, and irrational that is?

Quote:
i dont care how much drugs you did back in the good ol day. nor does anyone else, frankly to me it sounds like your bragging about it.

I didn't, don't now, and have no plans to. However, if I continue to read yours and RJ's posts, my supply of aspirin is going to run low; and some may construe that as drug use.

Quote:
I dont do drugs nor have i ever, and i managed to get good grades and high school and am now geting good grades in college.

Congratulations. Since you got good grades, I am forced to assume that at some point you had to write something down in something resembling the correct interpretation of the English language. I'm not asking for 100% grammatical accuracy, 100% spelling accuracy, or anything else to be perfect; all I'm asking is for you to respect the people you are asking (in fact begging sometimes) for advice enough to take the time to make the post relatively coherent and easy to read. If you need lessons, ask. There's more than one teacher on the forum and I'm sure any of them would be willing to tutor you.

Quote:
i got a corvette cause my step grandpa talk so highly about the owners of corvettes and how when you drive next to one they flash there lights.

I can see through that one from here, and we're not even in the same state. If you truly bought a car because someone told you that owners of the same model car would flash their lights at you, then you have bigger problems than grammar and sentence structure. In fact, if you really are that stupid, I applaud you for even managing to turn the computer on and navigate to this site. Let alone having a drivers license, graduating high school, etc... Congratulations on those achievements, I wish you well.

Quote:
so i figured him if there like that on the streets (Which they are even c5 and some c6 owners flash there lights at me even when i have 1 that dosent move) there must be some good forums.

Read that. Now tell me, with a straight face, that it makes any fucking sense what-so-ever. I can read through your garble, and decipher what you are trying to say, but it takes me several passes, takes more time, and gives me that all too familiar headache. That's the kind of thing I am talking about. It doesn't need to be perfect, just make an effort. If the above represents all the effort you are willing to put into asking the question, what kind of effort do you expect people to put into answering you?

Quote:
how about you guys back the fuck off and stop being so anal about the stupid little thing and shimmy down that pedestaled before you fall the fuck off.

I understand the pedestal analogy, and if asking you to step up and communicate on an Internet forum, using the written word in a manner that makes sense puts me on a pedestal; get the ladder 'cause I'm going up.

Quote:
and if there are mistakes in this fucking writing i have done here i dont give a fuck cause im not going back and rereading shit, cause since you guys are so smart you can figure put what i am saying

No one once said they were better than you; and every single person in this thread, in their own way, is trying to help you. The thanks we get is being called names and told to get down off our pedestals before we fall. Well dude, I don't know what to tell you. Instead of forcing everyone to come down to your level (by climbing down off the pedestal) why don't you try to elevate yourself for a change? Instead of dragging the forum, society, the world, or even the whole universe down to your level; why not step up and be part of the solution instead of the problem? Oh, that's right, because you would have to re-read something; well fuck that, never mind, just act like a kid who didn't get his way.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 21:54

Senior Guru
193 Posts

Utterly and completely unacceptable.

-Andy
Posted on: 2008/3/28 22:42
Edited by bogus on 2008/3/29 2:26:05

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

all this cheeyut has me laughun so hard ive fell offin my pedastal a few times...go power rangers...but i really prefer ... by the power of grey skull!!!heeee mayun... i have the power!!! ah um hey fellas sarry i rekon i gots caught up in the moment!!!
Posted on: 2008/3/29 1:27

Notorious Re: 6speed thoughts/ Or 4 speed rebuild(kinda long)
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Click......
Time to go back under your bridge, troll.
Posted on: 2008/3/29 2:02
Edited by bogus on 2008/3/29 2:25:26

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Brian -

I will NOT tolerate obscenity laced rants on this site.

You are way off base. Josh, I will admit, is being a bit harsh, but what he is saying is absolute truth.

In short, GROW UP or you will be constantly battling these kinds of issues. If not here, at work, with friends, you name it. What I have suggested - using this site (and others) as practice for better writing techniques is valid. It will make work and school writing that much easier and speed up your editing time.

And I can tell you that other Corvette social networking sites will not tolerate your garbage. They will tell you the same thing.

I find it utterly reprehensible that someone can have an entire resource at their disposal and doesn't have the common sense to ask in a respectful manner.

I am now locking this thread. I am done with this. You can try reposting your question. But I suggest next time you take an extra 10 minutes and do the post correctly, in a manner that people will understand and happily respond to. The old adage really holds true - You can attract more bees with honey than with vinegar.
Posted on: 2008/3/29 2:24

Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.