Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
316 user(s) are online (275 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Oaklands Friday Chat 04.25.08
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

Yep, it is Friday again. It has been a beautiful week and now it is supposed to rain all weekend. That limits my chores to working on the vette in the garage! Time to see if replacing the ECM fixes my problem so CC can tell me, "I told you so!"

I took my boat to have a new cover put on the back and a fold-up bimini top across the front with screen panels. It will kind of like a screened in porch when we need it. Also going to invest in a new generator that is much quieter than the one I have now.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Keith
Posted on: 2008/4/25 13:10

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Got home from work and about to go out to breakfast (for me dinner) with the wife and bro-in-law/mom-in-law combo. Should be a nice meal. Then it's home for a round of beer and bedtime. Weather is funny now. Was warm last night and rainy. Supposed to be warm and rainy today again. Tomorrow 55?? Sun 51?? Where did that come from?? Was 80 the other day. Oh well. I did was the vette yesterday before it rained. Haha...that makes it twice now in a year

Anything else new?

CSS - how's discipline going with the boy? Hope all is well.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/4/25 13:21

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

It's nice that spring has finally arrived, and that you can hear the birds again. Just this morning, I think I heard one of them say, "WTF?", since it was 73 on Wednesday and today we have a high of 45 with a delightful mix of rain and snow.

Meanwhile....

At dawn the telephone rings, "Hello, Senor Rod? This is Ernesto, the caretaker at your country house." "Ah yes, Ernesto. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?" "Um, I am just calling to advise you, Senor Rod, that your parrot, he is dead." "My parrot? Dead? The one that won the International competition?" "Si, Senor, that's the one." "Damn! That's a pity! I spent a small fortune on that bird. What did he die from?" "From eating the rotten meat, Senor Rod." "Rotten meat? Who the hell fed him rotten meat?" "Nobody, Senor. He ate the meat of the dead horse." "Dead horse? What dead horse?" "The thoroughbred, Senor Rod." "My prize thoroughbred is dead?" "Yes Senor Rod, he died from all that work pulling the water cart." "Are you insane?? What water cart?" "The one we used to put out the fire, Senor." "Good Lord!! What fire are you talking about, man??" "The one at your house, Senor! A candle fell and the curtains caught on fire." "What the hell?? Are you saying that my mansion is destroyed because of a candle??!!" "Yes, Senor Rod." "But there's electricity at the house!! What was the candle for?" "For the funeral, Senor Rod." "WHAT BLOODY FUNERAL??!!" "Your wife's, Senor Rod", she showed up very late one night and I thought she was a thief, so I hit her with your new Taylor Made Super Quad 460 golf club."

SILENCE........... LONG SILENCE..........

"Ernesto, if you broke that driver, you're in deep shit!!"
Posted on: 2008/4/25 13:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

[yt][/yt]
Posted on: 2008/4/25 13:35

CSS996 Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Just another tricky day. At least it's Friday.

Matatk, I think everything is fine, as far as he's concerned. We should be able to put the incident behind us, no worries.

Have a super day, everyone!
Posted on: 2008/4/25 14:07

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

CSS - good to hear. I dealt with a lot of kids when I worked during the day and it's true that the schools are taking things way too serious nowadays. With every incident. It's not like the old days where a kid got in a little spat on the playground and then the next day they were buddies again. Now the parents want the police involved, and the kids arrested (yeah, 9, 10, 11 year olds) and they want them suspended with a mark on their record. Ridiculous. I understand that there are a *few* kids turning into violence at schools, but the media blows it way out of proportion. Not every kid who gets into a scuffle is going to blow the place up. Parents need to be parents again and not rely on the school and police to raise their kids. I remember when I was a kid, I was supposedly involved in a fight (which I wasn't, it was the dope I was with, but I watched) and my parents and his parents sat down and talked. What's wrong with that? Sometimes things in the old days were better.

Well, look at my rant. Sorry. Glad everything worked out.

Matthew

:ace: :ace:
Posted on: 2008/4/25 15:04

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning! Yay! It's Friday!

It's a beatiful day and the birds were out chirping here too. I think the squirrels were getting in on the conversation too. It was quite noisy out there!
Posted on: 2008/4/25 15:23

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Tommy - little Eddie is soooo cute!
Posted on: 2008/4/25 15:27

polish41 Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Guru Newb
Watertown.SD
50 Posts

I certainly picked a good place to retire. This morning the grass was green. Now it's white with a four foot drift in the middle of my back yard.
Posted on: 2008/4/25 19:43

bmwgsa Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Guru
Earth
735 Posts

Ah, Friday.....

It means that there's only 6 days left this week.....

Today we spend in a mad rush for the yearly managers meeting all day tomorrow (yes - I know it's Saturday)......

Ya know - this working stuff is getting in the way of my retirement.
Posted on: 2008/4/25 21:42

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Bastet - no word of the day??

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/4/25 22:21

CentralCoaster Re: Friday Chat 04.25.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

The word of the day is:

LOTION!

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/4/26 2:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.