Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
299 user(s) are online (262 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good morning CGs!

How is everyone's day so far? Not so bad here. We've had hot, but clear weather the past couple days, so I drove the vette to work last night. Always a nice treat Now I'm home and I'm gonna grab a little grub and do some cardio. Fun. Not really - I am not a big fan of it, but it has to be done.

Everyone else working today? Anyone playing hooky and having a fun day???

Matthew

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/7/15 13:07

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

It should rain today, since I washed all the bugs and dust off of the Vette last night. I have an all-afternoon meeting, which will interfere with my nap plans.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 13:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Having a good day so far. I did forget I was supposed to evaluate one of the company's this morning so I arrived late (after a phone call). Other than that looking forward to tonight so I can swap out card on my new arcade game.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 13:30

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good morning Gurus. Looks like we will have sun for the whole week. Maybe we can dry out a bit now.

My new wheels came yesterday, but I'm not going to put them on the car until everything is back together. They really are beautiful and will post photos tonight or tomorow as I get the chance. I went with TQ Thrust M with the black chrome center section. They call it Anthracite, but it looks like black chrome. They are cool. 9.5" front and 10.5" rears with Sumitomos mounted. The 315s do seem smaller than the BFG 315s were.

Anyhow - I hope you all have a great day. chat later
Posted on: 2008/7/15 14:14

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

OHHHH cant wait for the pics biggrizzly!
Posted on: 2008/7/15 14:28

CentralCoaster Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Bump. I guess I should leave for work at least.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 15:02

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just got back from the dentist. I drove the 91 Vert. About a mile from his office I put the left hand directional on and the handle went limp. The left directional stayed on till I took another left. Now I need to have that repaired. Last week I took it to work. About 1/4 of the way the A/C lamp started flashing. Recharged both Vette freons this weekend. This year it's been a drive it, break it, fix it kind of year. Got caught in a hell of a downpour on the way home. It's a rainy, cant do anything outside day. I guess I'll go take a nice 2 hour nap. Catch y'all later
Posted on: 2008/7/15 16:05

NC Kid Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

My father drove my corvette last night to his work. He came outside and the underbody leds were strobing. He called around 11:30 saying he couldn't get home becuase he couldn't figure out how to cut the things off. He took apart the dash and accidentally ripped out the vats hookup and it was to dark to put it back in place. The strobes did get cut off BUT we still had to pick him up at about 12:00. Kinf of amusing. Oh well...
Posted on: 2008/7/15 18:13

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

From the monday chat...

Quote:
NC Kid wrote:
I can't tell if your serious or not? but if that happens on a bike, you should get checked out.

I was serious, it was a very strange feeling. However, in your case I wouldn't take the doctor's word for it. They're about as reliable as mechanics sometimes.

The last time I went to the doctor they misdiagnosed me and gave me some medications that did way more harm that what I went in for to begin with.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 21:11

cuisinartvette Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Dude, you need to eat, bet thats why youre getting lightheaded. As you get older you cant endlessly skip meals and keep going. Did that habitually for a long time, cant get away with it anymore.

Over here, cancelled work..Went to the machinist to pick up some heads I just had flowed and got a royal ass chewing from the mfr for grinding on them. Oh well.

Dropped off some chrome to be redone, gonna pay some bills and bust out some laps in the pool.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 22:27

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:

Over here, cancelled work..Went to the machinist to pick up some heads I just had flowed and got a royal ass chewing from the mfr for grinding on them. Oh well.

I must be missing something here - how did the head mfr find out you ported something? Why do they care?

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/15 22:35

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Are they offended that their product isn't good enough out of the box?
Posted on: 2008/7/15 22:39

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
The last time I went to the doctor they misdiagnosed me and gave me some medications that did way more harm that what I went in for to begin with.

That's why it's sometimes better to self diagnose and get what you need from the street pharmacists.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 22:40

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
From the monday chat...

Quote:
NC Kid wrote:
I can't tell if your serious or not? but if that happens on a bike, you should get checked out.

I was serious, it was a very strange feeling. However, in your case I wouldn't take the doctor's word for it. They're about as reliable as mechanics sometimes.

I don't trust doctors any further than I can throw them. I had a good one for a while, but she got fed up with the system and went into research. Once I went to the ER and told them I thought I was getting pneumonia (I've had it several times) - they checked me for strep throat, told me to get some rest and eat chicken soup. 2 days later, I was almost dead, with a bacterial infection and pneumonia, and got to spend a week in the hospital, 2 days of which were in intensive care. And my wife got labyrinthitis some years back (no fun at all, feel like when you're drunk and the room is spinning, nonstop), so they prescribed Xanax. It didn't help much, but after they told her she didn't need to take it anymore, her moods changed drastically - she'd all of a sudden be weeping for no apparent reason, other than that she just felt weird. A little research and we discovered that it alters your brain chemistry, is highly addictive, and that you can't just stop taking it. Of course they wouldn't renew her prescription, so we had to buy it on the 'net and get her off of it gradually. I don't go to the doctor anymore unless something is falling off.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 22:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

cuisinartvette Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

[QUOTE]Are they offended that their product isn't good enough out of the box?[/QUOTE]

They are just fine out of the box, but you know the way I am...

Anyway-
No real comment for the time being, Im seeing red like a mofo I can tell you that.

They came outr much better than I had hoped.

On Doctors...Unless I need stiches or have a broken bone Im not going,period. Usually just hit an urgent care, the Dr there is Ok, tells it like it is and has seved me some coin Ill admit. In general though I dont go unless I absolutely have to.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 23:01

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

NelsonV Re: Tuesday Chat 07.15.08
Senior Guru
Sunny Southern CA
245 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
They are just fine out of the box, but you know the way I am...

Anyway-
No real comment for the time being, Im seeing red like a mofo I can tell you that.

They came outr much better than I had hoped.

I wanna hear(read) comments. I want brands. I want names. I want flow numbers, dammit!
Posted on: 2008/7/15 23:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.