Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
182 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C5
Abbreviation for the 5th generation of Corvettes built from 1997-2004....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

DaleD Is Obama a racist?
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Politics is a third rail. But I've never been bright enough to avoid it. Check this out, and make up your own mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLX3aRNaNk
Posted on: 2008/7/30 13:49

runner140 Re: Is Obama a racist?
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Politics is a third rail. But I've never been bright enough to avoid it. Check this out, and make up your own mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLX3aRNaNk

I love politics.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 13:54

Mekanic Re: Is Obama a racist?
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

nappy headed ho
Posted on: 2008/7/30 14:37

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Is Obama a racist?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I haven't watched that... I will do so later.

However, I hate the word games that go on these days. I utterly resent the way the political right have taken certian words and made them "dirty." It's nearing on the criminal.

Right now, they are blasting "elitists." It's a nice way of saying we pander to the morons of America and speak your language. In reality, they are railing against the same brainiacs that got better grades and more success then they did in school. It means if I prefer a micro-brew over a mass brew, or prefer a vente over a large, means that I am perceiving myself as somehow better. That's bullshit.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 14:50

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

DaleD Re: Is Obama a racist?
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

I would say there is some unjustified characterization going on. Neither Democrats nor Republicans run clean campagins.

Having said that, Obama makes it easy. Obama's comment about the rural people being bitter, clinging to guns and religion. Is that elitism? Factual? I vote elitism, and ignorant.

The campagins will use whatever works. They probe and throw accusations, and whatever seems to resonate, they hammer it. The Democrats tried to hammer McCain for being tied to Bush. That didn't get a lot of traction due to McCain's maverick image. So, they've gone back to using McCain's age, but that's dangerous territory, old people vote, in large numbers.
The media is also perplexed. As much as they love Obama, they once loved McCain. So it's hard for them to beat up McCain too much, since they once hailed him. Not to mention, McCain has given a lot to this country.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:06

CentralCoaster Re: Is Obama a racist?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Most likely.

Here's a longer clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zAnZcJ4bI&NR=1

It sounds like most of that is being read in the third person, and doesn't make any sense out of context. I'd have to read his book to make my opinion, but I don't have much time with all this cross burning and lynching scheduled for this week.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:19

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
they are blasting "elitists...

we pander to the morons...

they are railing against...

What's all this us vs. them garbage? That's what annoys me most about Wright's words, or that book reading.

There is no us. He mentions black people not being treated as individuals, then starts up with this "us" and "we" and "them" shit. Those are seperatist words.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:25

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
It emerged on Saturday that Mr Obama had, before an audience in the liberal bastion of San Francisco... said: “You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And it’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

Mrs Clinton seized on the comments, believing that Mr Obama had at last committed an error big enough to change the dynamic of their race...

In a clear attempt to further appeal to working class voters, Mrs Clinton downed a beer and a shot of whiskey yesterday at a campaign stop in Indiana.

Does she think the working class voters are alcoholics? None of these politician fools have a clue. They're all elitists!
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:35

Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

I am speechless over that clip Coaster. I honestly am having a hard time figuring out what is going on in this country.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:36

jsup Re: Is Obama a racist?
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Obama surrounds himself with racists who hate America. Look no further than his wife.

So, if everyone you associate with is a racist.....

And don't give me shit about guilt by association. All we heard about was Haliburton, Haliburton, Haliburton....it cuts both ways now doesn't it?
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:45

red_johnny Re: Is Obama a racist?
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Wow, even though he is reading this you can tell the feeling in his voice that he believes in it......so sad.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:51

Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:
Wow, even though he is reading this you can tell the feeling in his voice that he believes in it......so sad.

He's reading it from HIS book.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:57

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Quote:

red_johnny wrote:

He's reading it from HIS book.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 16:11

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Vote for McCain! He only hates Arabs and Asians. I think I'm going to have to vote for the lesser of two evils again, Gary Coleman.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 16:35

jsup Re: Is Obama a racist?
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Vote for McCain! He only hates Arabs and Asians. I think I'm going to have to vote for the lesser of two evils again, Gary Coleman.

The only reason to vote for McLame is Supreme Court Justices.

We have a much better chance of getting a Scalia, Thomas, Roberts then with Obama who will appoint another Ginsberg....that's the last thing we need.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 16:39

runner140 Re: Is Obama a racist?
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Politics has changed during the last fifteen years.

There were two political parties and after 5:00, the two used to have drinks or dinner together.

I feel now the "left" hates the "right" and the "right" hates the "left" (liberals vs conservatives).

Where are we going with this??? (soonies vs shiites)

Damn....just kidding guys.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 16:59

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

He was raised by a white mother and white grandparents. His black father was a deadbeat and left them at an early age.

Yet his campaign tries to tout his hard-knock youth of being raised by a single parent, and at the same time he tries to conceal his white heritage.

I guess he wants to have his cake and eat it too. I feel sorry for his mother.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 17:35

Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

How can people side with such bold ignorance?

Quote:

"I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live,"

-Sen. John McCain

Well, gee, let me think. Obama hates whitey. What did whitey do to Obama? Give birth to him? Give him a chance to attend Harvard Law? Bought his books? Gave him a system to use to become wealthy and build a huge house in the Chicago area? Now whitey, the cruel and callous whitey, is about to make him President. Yep, Obama has all the reason in the world to hate whitey. By the way, America is about 70% whitey.

Then there's McCain.
Shot down, and tortured for five years by Asians. Yes, he was bombing them, but did he deserve the torture he got? If we hold the Vietnamese to our standards, and the apoplectic response to Abu Ghraib, I'd say no. His arms were broken so badly that he can't lift them above his head. When he refused an early release because they found he was the son of an officer, they broke his teeth out. Punished for an act of character. I guess McCain's hate is untolerable, unforgivable and without basis, right?
Moral equivalence, eh? Obama hates whitey, so McCain hates Asains, who make up 5% of America by the way.
I'm not saying hate in a President is a good thing, but the left screams context at every turn. "God Damn America" needs to be put into context! But, McCain's comments stand alone, and should condemn him, right?
And we won't acknowledge that McCain and his wife adopted an Indian girl with a cleft palate at the request of Mother Theresa. That's really not important is it?
Posted on: 2008/7/30 17:58

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I deleted the post because of context...

..But his statement is not forgiveable, considering his position. He said that during the campaign, not 30 years ago after being released from captivity.

Racial prejudice is when someone judges or generalizes everyone of a certain skin color or ethnic background.

How many "gooks" tortured him? How many "gooks" are there in America?
Posted on: 2008/7/30 18:12

Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
I deleted the post because of context...

..But his statement is not forgiveable, considering his position. He said that during the campaign, not 30 years ago after being released from captivity.

Racial prejudice is when someone judges or generalizes everyone of a certain skin color or ethnic background.

How many "gooks" tortured him? How many "gooks" are there in America?

I saw you deleted, after I had posted the reply.
He said it in 2000, but that doesn't make it any less offensive. I agree, racism is bad, regardless of where it has it's roots.
Neither candidate is a good candidate. But, in a republic, you get the government you deserve. We as a public, are inattentive and unconcerned about politics. So this is what we get.
The context of McCain's experience explains, but doesn't excuse his statement. However, he doesn't seem to act on it. He doesn't attend a church that formalizes hate of Asians. He hasn't written screeds about the ills that have befallen us because of Asians. In contrast to Obama.

It's not a secret which candidate I prefer.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 18:28

JDSWHITE93 Re: Is Obama a racist?
Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

NEVERMIND.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 18:35

TommyT-Bone Re: Is Obama a racist?
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33778 Posts

Nevermind? Nirvana.......

Posted on: 2008/7/30 18:44

Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

How does this make any sense at all ? A HALF black Harvard law grad who was raised by his WHITE mother and WHITE grandparents is a racist ? How about a reason to vote for McCain other than you're afraid of Obama ? I was listening to Rush on the way to the office when a caller asked for help with reasons to vote for McCain. She said she is in a democratic stronghold and needs ammo to convince here friends to vote for McCain. Rush stumbled and came up with he has a pretty wife. I don't need the GOP to give me reasons not to vote for the other guy.Talking about your competition is no way to sell anything, including yourself. Just look at all the nonsense, including the flag lapel pin, the pledge of allegiance that was actually the national anthem and my favorite Obama dressed in tribal clothing while visitng another country. Complete and total rubbish.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 19:16

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

And why should we listen to rush? Is Osamma bin Obamma any better? Not in my book or the one HE WROTE! Anywho, I gots to stay out of these types of theads...they get too crazy for me. You guys are some mad gansta's and I cant represent they way you do that thing you do. And thats all I got to say abou that :offtheair:
Posted on: 2008/7/30 20:01

Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

I am not suggesting anyone listen to Rush. I do occasionally listen to his program however I am not pursuaded to do anything based on what comes out of his mouth. My point was why doesn't the conservative right talk about their candidate ? Give us a reason to vote for McCain, what is he going to do about the economy ? Where's the straight talk on the economy ? When will this war be over , how will we know we have won ? The surge reduced violence it's working great why doesn't he run on that and tell us when we can decalre victory in Iraq and come home ?
Posted on: 2008/7/30 20:32

Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

Is Osamma bin Obamma any better?

Thank you for proving my point, nothing to say about McCain so out comes the nonsense.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 20:38

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

JDSWHITE93 wrote:
Is Osamma bin Obamma any better?

Thank you for proving my point, nothing to say about McCain so out comes the nonsense.
If you want reasons to love or hate him...see google. Same goes for Osamma bin Obamma. You may call it nonsense but I hate obamma. I dont like his views, his remarks ect. Its my freedom of speech coming out. From my own personal findings, alot of black people are voting for him BECAUSE he is black. A few openly admited that. Few truely know this mans goals and ideals. What he portaits to the media is differant than what is on his adjenda. And its the same with McCain. Lets face it...politicians suck! Bold faced liers, cheats, con-mans and crooks. Why does the american people allways have to choose the LESSER of two evils? I am not bashing you at all JDSWHITE93 but just showing you to the light. Which is we have no good canidate this election.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 20:56

Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

Honestly if you look at McCains past and Obamas recent shift to the center these two could run together on the same ticket. There is so much goofy shit out there though, everything from Obama being the antichrist and on and on.
Why don't we polygraph both of these guys ?? There's a new thread right there !!
Posted on: 2008/7/30 21:12

CSS996 Re: Is Obama a racist?
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

"Racist" is one of those tricky words that gets overused. Like "Hero".

I'm sure every one of us has been a little bit of both at one point in our lives.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 21:20

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

JDSWHITE93 wrote:
Honestly if you look at McCains past and Obamas recent shift to the center these two could run together on the same ticket. There is so much goofy shit out there though, everything from Obama being the antichrist and on and on.
Why don't we polygraph both of these guys ?? There's a new thread right there !!

Posted on: 2008/7/30 21:21

CSS996 Re: Is Obama a racist?
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Do politicians know when they are lying?
Posted on: 2008/7/30 21:24

Notorious Re: Is Obama a racist?
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Only white males can be racist, right? So Obama must be all that's good and pure.....
Posted on: 2008/7/30 21:40

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

JDSWHITE93 wrote:
How does this make any sense at all ? A HALF black Harvard law grad who was raised by his WHITE mother and WHITE grandparents is a racist ? How about a reason to vote for McCain other than you're afraid of Obama ?

Being half-white doesn't make him not a racist. How he seems to act ashamed of it, does. See Exhibit A:

And FWIW I think McCain's entire platform is "vote for me if you don't like Obama". He doesn't have any substance.

And Hillary had more of the black vote than Obama.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 22:53

Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Quote:

JDSWHITE93 wrote:
How does this make any sense at all ? A HALF black Harvard law grad who was raised by his WHITE mother and WHITE grandparents is a racist ? How about a reason to vote for McCain other than you're afraid of Obama ?

Being half-white doesn't make him not a racist. How he seems to act ashamed of it, does. See Exhibit A:

And FWIW I think McCain's entire platform is "vote for me if you don't like Obama". He doesn't have any substance.

And Hillary had more of the black vote than Obama.

That is McCains platform vote for me the black guy is scary I agree. I also agree being half white does not exclude him from being a racist however a racist half white Harvard law grad doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it ? When you consider he was raised by his white mother and grandparents perhaps he is a racist maybe he doesn't like black people.
Posted on: 2008/7/30 23:11

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

See post 17
Posted on: 2008/7/30 23:52

biggrizzly Re: Is Obama a racist?
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I was going to respond... but its better I don't
Posted on: 2008/7/31 2:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.