Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (260 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

BrianCunningham Well that got them thinking
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Posted on: 2008/12/21 20:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Well that got them thinking
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Har!
Posted on: 2008/12/21 20:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Jeffvette Re: Well that got them thinking
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

I never understood it. Bunch of douchebags in OT.

CF for years complained about excessive waste of bandwidth, and that being one of the reasons the babe section was closed (as well as the fact that Jesse and Jim are gay) yet OT is a continuous vacuum of resources.
Posted on: 2008/12/21 21:13

Schrade Re: Well that got them thinking
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Their server's time is off by about 8 minutes.

Their mods' IQ's are off as well, IMO.
Posted on: 2008/12/21 21:14

Resized Image

bogus Re: Well that got them thinking
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Jeffvette wrote:
I never understood it. Bunch of douchebags in OT.

CF for years complained about excessive waste of bandwidth, and that being one of the reasons the babe section was closed (as well as the fact that Jesse and Jim are gay) yet OT is a continuous vacuum of resources.

OT is why they get the ad rates. Something has to punch up the page hits... and that is what sells ad space.

They got rid of Babes because it was a load on the mods. Too many people stretching too many rules... they also didn't want the Babes section to end up getting the site blocked at work sites. That is also why I won't have a Babe page here... there are just too many other sites where one can get (nearly) nekked women (or men, whatever floats your boat).
Posted on: 2008/12/21 21:29

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Well that got them thinking
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
That is also why I won't have a Babe page here...

*Ahem* (clears throat)

We have:
A) Hot Chick Friday
B) Jeff's Avatars

Thank you very much.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/21 21:49

BrianCunningham Re: Well that got them thinking
Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Well, I got another one locked

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-t ... c4s-7.html#post1568280492

Everyone has a big mouth, not too many people can back it up.

I've been around long enough, I know what's good & bad with every. Normally I keep quite, but enough is enough.

Especially when they don't even OWN a Corvette, sheesh get a life people!
Posted on: 2008/12/21 22:42

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Well, I got another one locked

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-t ... c4s-7.html#post1568280492

Everyone has a big mouth, not too many people can back it up.

I've been around long enough, I know what's good & bad with every. Normally I keep quite, but enough is enough.

Especially when they don't even OWN a Corvette, sheesh get a life people!

CF'ers ain't binary. Know why?

Too many zero's, and not enough one's.

EDIT:
Blade's Corollary:

CG ain't binary either. Know why?

Blade's #1, and ... well, ... no zero's (that I can think of)
Posted on: 2008/12/22 2:33

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Well that got them thinking
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Post 130 on the locked thread pretty well summed it up.
Posted on: 2008/12/22 3:16

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Apex is all bent out of shape because I posted a pic of his Dune Buggy

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff87/swiftwood/misc/apex_hdsjsis.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE]ApexOversteer:
Let me tell you about my Corvette love and my honest feelings on the C4.

I was born in December 1972. My mother totaled the massive station wagon she drove two weeks before I was born. On the day she went into labor my father called a Taxi to take them to the hospital. Being winter in Fitchburg, Massachusetts it was snowing and the way my father tells it the guy driving the cab was a maniac. He decided then that his wife and his child were never, ever getting in a cab again and he would be driving us home himself. So, he returned home, took the Silver Pearl '66 350hp Roadster down off the blocks, had snow tires put on the knock offs by the Sears in Leominster, and I came home from the hospital in a '66 Corvette.

I'll be the first to tell you that infants imprint on specific stimuli and the sound of a small block V8 running under a fiberglass body, through sidepipes certainly fits the bill. To this day, and I'm not kidding, the sound of a smallblock midyear brings the feeling of being in my mother's arms to mind.

I spent my formative years in and around that car. When most 6 year olds fall of their bike, they want their mommy. I wanted to stand in the passenger side of the Vette, gripping that handle above the glove box, redline in all 4 gears please. When I was 6 I had a '66 Sting Ray. And then one day it was gone, sold while I wasn't looking.

That is where my love of all cars, and Corvettes in particular comes from.

In the early days of the 80's you could not get away from "The Next Corvette". Now, remember, I had lived my entire life to this point only ever knowing one body style being available at the dealerships. '81 or '82 rolled around and there was Popular Mechanics, Car And Driver and Road And Track running almost monthly bits on what was going on with "The Next Corvette". By '83 I was frantic with anticipation. Then it was out and I had to see one. I would ride my bicycle down to the dealership to see if they had one yet, at least once a week. The guys at the dealership all knew my name and I knew all of theirs. '83 passed into '84 and no Vette, not surprising for a tiny New Hampshire dealer. Then one day I came home from school and my mother got me in the car telling me she had a surprise for me. What I didn't know was that the dealership had called her the minute their first, and only, '84 Corvette arrived on the truck. When we pulled into the parking lot I could see it through the showroom window.

It was gorgeous. The future made real. If you squinted it looked like a Ferrari 512BBi, but then you unsquinted and it was better. It was so wide, so low and everything was fat and hollered performance. The dealer guys, who had gathered around to see my reaction, were all smiles. I uttered my first swear word my mother ever heard (and the only one she ever ignored) when the manager turned the key so I could see the digital dash come alive. It was the only car related thing my mother and I ever did without my father. Waiting for a totally new Corvette, something I've only gotten to do 3 times in my life, is to me the greatest time a car enthusiast can live through. It's Christmas, once every 10 years, if you're lucky.

The C4 was the king. ONE-F*CKING-G on the skidpad. Not even Ferrari had a car that could match that. Then a car came out and blew it out of the water, the ZR-1. Until that came out I took a lot of crap in school for being a "Corvette guy". The King Of The Road shut those kids up but quick.

I make fun of the C4's because it's amusing to me, especially when people totally flip out and start taking this whole internet thing far too seriously. Rest assured that I don't actually hate the C4, or in fact any Corvette, or for that matter most any car.

Just make sure you park it inside... the rest of us don't want to look at the damn eyesore.
[/QUOTE]

unreal
Posted on: 2008/12/22 3:24

C4DERF Re: Well that got them thinking
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

I got sucked into one of those C4 bashing post on CF OT when I first joined them a couple years back. Ahh the feel of driving in a jetfighter cockpit (C4 any model) versus driving in a cessna 150 (C5 or C6). Would I buy a C5 or C6?????? Yea, I would if the price were right and financing it wouldn't put a crunch on other things. My dream vette was always the 67 427/4spd coupe. I didn't like the C4 when it first hit the streets because it was such a radical change in the design lines of all the earlier generations. It didn't have the hp of my dads 73 Impala SS 396ci. :sad5: First time I was able to sit in the drivers seat of a C4 (85) coupe 4sp auto was in 1985 in the Netherlands, my mind was altered for ever... I had to wait almost 20 years to full fill my desire to own my first vette, a 94 C4. Since the day I bought my 94 I have a grin from ear to ear ever time I get in the vette, that my wife still laughs about. Even with the future of our daughter's recovery I would sell it if needed. With high hopes to be able to buy another one when the opertunity shows itself. I hope to keep my C4 for many years and add a C6 to share the garage side by side with the 94!

Attach file:

jpg  DSCF0326-1[1].jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2008/12/22 4:41

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

The CG sticker should bump ya' a deuce on the dyno.

Attach file:

jpg  Screenshot-3.jpg (8.04 KB)
1687_494f1dc2b502f.jpg 493X62 px
Posted on: 2008/12/22 4:55

Resized Image

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

It's not so much him per se, as non-corvette chasing away Corvette people.

Some one comes here for advice, and a place to talk about their cars and this BS is what they see.

Why should they stay?

It's not good for them OR the site.

It's not like these non-Corvette owners are going to be buying anything from the sponsors, right?

There was a big clean up a while back, a lot of knowledgeable people got banned, yet these people get to stay. What gives with that?
Posted on: 2008/12/22 19:15

CentralCoaster Re: Well that got them thinking
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

It's a social networking site first, Corvette site 2nd. Whatever floats your boat. Doesn't work for anti-social people like me.

"Dude I sent u a frendz request like 3 days ago, add me to yer profile!"

A good percentage of them don't even own a vette. Maybe they still buy the hats and earrings though.
Posted on: 2008/12/22 19:23

cuisinartvette Re: Well that got them thinking
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Its a business thats all cant let the little stuff get to you. Hate to say the one you have going in Gen may get you a vacation, may be seen as attacking another member. See youre point but you seem really fixated on the guy for some reason .He just cracked a joke, thats all and actually had some good things to say about the C4..

Who cares what any of us drives? Its all good man. Relax....
Posted on: 2008/12/22 19:43

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

you did read those threads did you?

So how's Jsup doing?
Posted on: 2008/12/22 20:25

cuisinartvette Re: Well that got them thinking
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Me and Jsup are dryhumping over a flowchart wanna watch?
Posted on: 2008/12/22 20:43

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

No
I'm sure you'll post the results
Posted on: 2008/12/22 20:53

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

Jeffvette wrote: (as well as the fact that Jesse and Jim are gay) yet OT is a continuous vacuum of resources.

Now that you mention it, Jesse didn't have a problem with my "Post pics of the bullet-riddled dog?" posts, and the like. I asked him my self in a PM, and linked a few other posts just like it.

BUT, when mod-hole went back and showed him my post from 3 weeks earlier, when I called one of the suckmoid homos a jackass (and bumped it, cause I was right), THAT was when I got the boot YUP.

Hmmm... Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/12/23 15:58

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.