Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
261 user(s) are online (206 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH350
Automatic Transmission - 3 Speed

1st Gear: 2.52
2nd Gear: 1.52
3rd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1969 thru 1979.
- 13 Bolt ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I was feeling like crap yesterday. Got home late from work and was feeling some nasty flu-like symptoms. Tried to eat a bit and it helped some, but not much. Worked out anyway hoping it would clear up my condition, not much help. 5 minutes after my workout was done I was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain princess. Felt 100% immediately. Exact same symptoms I had about 3 months ago when I was doing the brake job from hell, if you recall. So I dunno what it was. Food? Bug? No idea. Then last night my sinuses were killing me. I woke up at about 1 am and felt like I got hit in the head with a brick. It was literally painful. Tried to clear them out with the neti pot, that helped slightly. I got some new sinus medication yesterday and took one of those, as well. Seemed to do the trick as I woke up this morning and am doing well. Tommy, is this what it feels like to get old?

Well, all my whining aside, I am getting ready to go 4 wheeling with my buddy. He's got a couple or machines and we're taking them to Indiana to go to the badlands. It's a few hours away, but I think I'm gonna hop in the vette and shoot down there. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/30 11:53

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

You're up early for a Sunday! Hope you're feeling better. I discovered some time ago that whenever I started an exercise routine, I'd get sicker than a dog. So I have determined that exercise is not good for me.

Got another round of golf on the agenda today - the weather's supposed to be slightly more pleasant. Hope I can say the same about my game.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 12:39

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Matt, hope you get over the crud. 4-wheeling sounds like a good time. I went out and bought a neti yesterday and have used it twice....hoping it will do some good for me. Give Tommy a break he's not that old....he's just got lots of miles

Had the new TPS installed yesterday and got them reprogrammed. Then I spent about 5 hours cleaning the mid-daughters van. She doesn't keep/have the time to, it clean very well. So I washed, clayed, and buffed it for her. It looked really good..on the outside. I told her she'd have to clean the inside.

Today, I'll vacuum the Vette and put it back up on the lift. Looks like another beautiful day in SW Kansas...highs projected to be in the low 70's...maybe a shower or two.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 12:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

What teebee said. I'm not old I just have a lot of miles. Some of them pretty rough. Sinus problems must be another common thread here amongst our membership. I'm on allergy injections that I pretty much take weekly. My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton almost every day. I have some good months during the year and really enjoy feeing well. Every December without fail I feel like total crap. My wife likes to take two benadryl and a tylenol about an hour before bedtime. That at least helps her get some rest. Seven years ago, I had sinus surgery to open one side that was near totally blocked. That was helpful I'm sure. One of the funny things about going to an ear, nose and throat doctor for your sinus problems is there is little they can do. Keep flushed, take some ibuprofen for sinus pain and try to forget about it. Antibiotics if you have pussie green stuff flowing out your nasal cavities. I used to do this to feel better. But really that just covers the symptoms. You still have sinus problems , you just don't give a shit.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 13:41

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Too much humidity, Tommy.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 14:11

Touringmike Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Major pounding headache today. Probably from Friday and yesterday's work on the truck.

Today is gonna be a beer drinkin', do nothin' day for me; until I have to go to work at 10:00pm tonite.

Maybe I'll fire up the grill, and burn something.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 14:27

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Touringmike wrote:
Maybe I'll fire up the grill, and burn something.

Hey, that's MY job!!
Posted on: 2009/8/30 14:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CSS996 Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I get to watch my Steelers play today. So I've got that going for me...
Posted on: 2009/8/30 15:42

DaleD Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Good Morning Gurus!

I get to watch my Steelers play today. So I've got that going for me...

Hey, shouldn't you be a Broncos fan?
A stranger in a strange land?
Posted on: 2009/8/30 16:02

CSS996 Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

The Steelers have a decent following in CO for some reason.

I just can't get behind the Donkeys.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 17:37

captmike13 Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

I had a pretty good weekend. I put new u-joints in the front drive shaft of the truck. Changed out the tail lamp assemblies, they had moss growing in the backup light part. I did laundry and a few errands today. Cleaned some old tape glue off the side of the trailer. Next project is to change the thermostat in the truck. wish I place to do that not looking forward to doing it on gravel.

Hope your feeling better Tommy. Hope ya had a good time four wheeling.

Get better Mike.

Got some pics of the van Teebee?
Posted on: 2009/8/30 21:34

captmike13@yahoo.com

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Nah, I didn't take any...thought about it, but then I didn't do any....Like Tommy, getting old.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 23:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bogus Re: Sunday Chat 08.30.09
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Well, I was feeling like crap yesterday. Got home late from work and was feeling some nasty flu-like symptoms. Tried to eat a bit and it helped some, but not much. Worked out anyway hoping it would clear up my condition, not much help. 5 minutes after my workout was done I was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain princess. Felt 100% immediately. Exact same symptoms I had about 3 months ago when I was doing the brake job from hell, if you recall. So I dunno what it was. Food? Bug? No idea. Then last night my sinuses were killing me. I woke up at about 1 am and felt like I got hit in the head with a brick. It was literally painful. Tried to clear them out with the neti pot, that helped slightly. I got some new sinus medication yesterday and took one of those, as well. Seemed to do the trick as I woke up this morning and am doing well. Tommy, is this what it feels like to get old?

Well, all my whining aside, I am getting ready to go 4 wheeling with my buddy. He's got a couple or machines and we're taking them to Indiana to go to the badlands. It's a few hours away, but I think I'm gonna hop in the vette and shoot down there. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

From my observation, and what bastet tells me, anything that makes you puke is more than likely food borne. There is no such thing as "the stomach flu."

Glad you are feeling better, tho!!!

I used to have severe sinus problems... moved out here and they went pretty much away. I still get minor sinus headaches from time to time, but nothing like I got back east.

I have been lazy today... just finished watching the F1 race on DVR. Most entertaining.

Getting ready to do laundry and clean up the g-rage. It's a total mess from my project.

As for my project, all I have to do is fix the climate controls... right now, there is no vacuum and I have to find the vacuum into the car so I have cruise and working ducts. The lines have disappeared into the harness, so it's time to search.

That's about it.
Posted on: 2009/8/31 0:55

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.