Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
282 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Friday Chat 03.11.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

OK .... New day ..... Starting with a clean slate.

My planned projects were put on hold yesterday due to weather. Today we're starting the day in the mid fifties. Should make for a great day to work outside. Skies have cleared and the sun is rising. Have a couple of Vette projects lying in wait. Have to get some more important stuff done first then I can get back and address those. Priorities ........ Get what needs to be done done first. Let's see ..... Better get to work on HCF.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 12:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sun is shining but it's not too warm out. Can't wait for the nice weather to start rolling in. Spring is right around the corner!

No progress on the vette, but did get an oil change completed yesterday on the truck. Wife's suv still needs it, though. I also finished the closet (for the most part...lol) and moved a bunch of stuff downstairs to clear out the baby's room. Never ending, I tell ya.

Not much else to report. Oh, I did score a great deal on a used climate control head yesterday to replace my flakey one. I'm stoked about that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/11 12:37

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Oh, I did score a great deal on a used climate control head yesterday!

Glad to hear your getting a head.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 12:47

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Mojo to all affected by the Japan earthquake and everyone in its path - sounds like the tsunami should be hitting Hawaii any time. Hope it isn't severe - what a mess.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 13:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Natural disasters. If we didn't have them it would be unnatural. They still suck though.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 13:29

BillH Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Beautiful day coming up, in the 60's.
And what am I doing? Sitting in the house waiting for the Maytag repairman.
And, since 2 brand new appliances are broken, they naturally gave me 2 appointmants. So, I have one window from 8 to 12 and one window from 1 to 5.

AND, I have to be close to the phone so they can call to see if I'm actually here.

Maybe I'll just do extremely strange Guru posts all day.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 14:01

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Maybe I'll just do extremely strange Guru posts all day.

Mmmmm......and that would be different how?

Looks like 60 here today and we are feeling reasonably safe that the wave will not get this far in. The coast areas have hurricanes and killer waves and we have tornadoes, I don't know which is worse.

Put on my header yesterday. Still a week out on the other one. My O2 sensor wire seems to be short and won't reach the collecter. Anyone know what to do about that?

My wife informed me that the dreaded spring cleaning is coming up. She mentioned the shop was a mess. I told her it's always that way in the middle of a project. She gave me about a half stink eye but I smiled dissarmingly and she let it go. For now!

I am starting to get excited about spring and getting my car done. Yeehaa! Let's roll today guru's!
Posted on: 2011/3/11 14:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all.

Scary stuff in Japan - looks like things are okay in Hawaii.

I'm hard at work today preparing my review of the iPad 2 for the university. Tonight, Ivelis and I are attending a charity concert by the boy choir I sang for back in the late 70s/early 80s.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 14:39

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning All,

Marcus, I can't remember who... but you can get an extension for that. I have the link saved at home. I bought some other electical connectors from them not too long ago. They also had quick shipping, but I would think you can find the O2 sensor extensions at a lot of places. Its pretty common for them to be too short for LT header installs. I can't remember what I did for mine. (scratching head)

Bill - I did the Maytag waiting game a few hundred times over the past several years with a Washing machine from Sears. Never again!!! Good luck and you will have all day to look at HCF. I have to wait until I go home to see them beauties.

Bad news yesterday. We are still trying to get a grasp on the whole thing but my wife, after several weeks of tests has tested posative for breast cancer. We are working on getting her into the the Georgetown University Hospitals Breast Clinic. They are one of the good ones in the country. I just hope my stinking insurance will cover all that is in front of her. She is doing ok... a little freaked out but we know that medicine has made huge leaps in this field and hopefully hers will be an easy recovery.
Just keepin the chin up and taking it one day at a time for now.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 14:44

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Bill - I did the Maytag waiting game a few hundred times over the past several years with a Washing machine from Sears. Never again!!!

Good luck yo your wife and you, Don.

Every freekin' appliance has horrible reviews on the web, even Bosch.

Maytag seemed to have fewer. Some, like Vetron have Maytag's 8 years old w/o problems.

Would it have been any different if I bought GE Profile - F,no.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 15:53

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Don, we will be praying for the best for your wife and yourself.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Good morning guys... Mojo to you and your wife Don. I hope that you both make it through as easy as possible. I have not heard anything yet about the tsunami and Hawaii. I hope that it doesn't do too much damage. At least with today's technologies we have ample notice for those areas farther away from the epicenter. Marcus, I plead the fifth when my wife insinuates things like that. Bill, I hate the hurry up and wait scenario. Like I have other things to do people get your arse in gear.

We are getting news from the state that says my retirement system is in deep water. there are going to cut benefits (I saw the first one last month and more to come). They are going to change lots of other things too, like not allow us to DD, so I may be out of a job next year. I see a class action lawsuit coming up. Apparently the state has not been adding to the retirement system as law required and that's the reason it is short. I'm pretty f*#@ing pissed about the whole deal. A year ago when I decided to retire, they told us everything was fine and we had nothing to worry about....never believe anything a government agency tells you. NEVER!
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Thanks for the well wishes guys.. I'm sure we will be ok.

I hear that Hawaii is ok with minimal problems around the marinas etc.

Its coming to a coast near you! Better get to high ground Andy!!!
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:15

JrRifleCoach Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:they naturally gave me 2 appointmants. So, I have one window from 8 to 12 and one window from 1 to 5.

Didn't someone tell these schedulers that the common working man doesn't have this kind of schedule flexibility?

Now if your a public worker, you can get a govt (union) subsidy to cover your pain and suffering.....
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:16

Vetron87 Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good afternoon gurus. Went to my retirement meeting yesterday, over 150 teachers, they all looked burned out. I was the only one in that group that has VA benefits which makes a little more paperwork, some red tape and a few hoops I've got to jump through. My official letter has to be in by April 1st.
Retirement is kind of bittersweet. I already have some construction jobs lined up for late fall and a lower level to finish off for a house I built 10 years ago.
Today my seniors are doing routine maintenance in the shop, table saw blades changed, bandsaw blades, thickness planer greased and dust collector lower section cleaned out.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:20

Epimax Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Indeed we will...
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:22

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Bill - I did the Maytag waiting game a few hundred times over the past several years with a Washing machine from Sears. Never again!!!

Good luck yo your wife and you, Don.

Every freekin' appliance has horrible reviews on the web, even Bosch.

Maytag seemed to have fewer. Some, like Vetron have Maytag's 8 years old w/o problems.

Would it have been any different if I bought GE Profile - F,no.

Speaking of appliances our home ec/nut/wellness class has KitchenAid stand mixers that were purchased in 1960 when the school was built that have never been serviced or have needed repair. 51 years and going strong. Home Ec. teacher figured out they approx, 41,00 hours on them.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:27

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good Morning All,

Marcus, I can't remember who... but you can get an extension for that. I have the link saved at home. I bought some other electical connectors from them not too long ago. They also had quick shipping, but I would think you can find the O2 sensor extensions at a lot of places. Its pretty common for them to be too short for LT header installs. I can't remember what I did for mine. (scratching head)

Bill - I did the Maytag waiting game a few hundred times over the past several years with a Washing machine from Sears. Never again!!! Good luck and you will have all day to look at HCF. I have to wait until I go home to see them beauties.

Bad news yesterday. We are still trying to get a grasp on the whole thing but my wife, after several weeks of tests has tested posative for breast cancer. We are working on getting her into the the Georgetown University Hospitals Breast Clinic. They are one of the good ones in the country. I just hope my stinking insurance will cover all that is in front of her. She is doing ok... a little freaked out but we know that medicine has made huge leaps in this field and hopefully hers will be an easy recovery.

Don our prayers are with you! My next door neighbor had stage 3 and the treatments totally eradicated the cancer. That was 5 years ago and she running marathons now.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:41

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:they naturally gave me 2 appointmants. So, I have one window from 8 to 12 and one window from 1 to 5.

Didn't someone tell these schedulers that the common working man doesn't have this kind of schedule flexibility?

Now if your a public worker, you can get a govt (union) subsidy to cover your pain and suffering.....

If you work for the guberment, there's probably a clause in your union contract that reads: "The employee shall be excused with pay for as long as it takes for pregnancy or appliance repair."
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:46

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

TeeBee sorry to hear your retirement fund. Indiana has the most stable fund in the nation. We get quarterly statements from the ISTA and is currently producing 8.9% interest on our retirement money. Indiana is soooooooo conservative when it comes to money especially pensions and retirement funding. The State can borrow from it but has to pay it back with in 12 months with interest. Our State Laws prohibit the raiding of this fund. Cool.
My concern now is our state is moving toward funding charter schools with state money that would eventially hurt the public school concept as we know it today. I guess I shouldn't care anymore sense I'm retiring.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:53

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

+1 Amen!
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Wow, Tom - that blows about the retirement fund - good lawd!
Posted on: 2011/3/11 16:55

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

To take our minds off the crap:

Attach file:

jpg  2vng8p0.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/3/11 18:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hope eveything goes well with the treatment Don. There is much better equipment and treatment today than ever before.

teebee ....... Your a survivor. You'll do what needs to be done and have the skillset to do it.

BillH .... I hate the waiting game. You always have to be in earshot of the bell or the driveway. No power equipment usage, no loud music or TV, no running to the store for a second, no nap and to top it off, you have two broken appliances you can't use to catch up on the laundry or heat a snack quickly.

Vetron .... Retirement is a lie. You'll be busier than you are now. Ax me how I know ........
Posted on: 2011/3/11 22:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
My wife informed me that the dreaded spring cleaning is coming up. She mentioned the shop was a mess. I told her it's always that way in the middle of a project. She gave me about a half stink eye but I smiled dissarmingly and she let it go. For now!

You will never be done with anything as long as you have a woman. Drill sergeants don't even get the same training women get. She may have let it go but she won't forget. Women never ever forget ..... anything.

Fotunately for you your a man. They expect shit like this from a man.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 22:15

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Well, the appliances work for now.

Back to the tile store to look at stone for countertop back splashes.

Cover that pump yet, Tommy?

I was thinking maybe you could build a doghouse over it. Kill to birds with one stone.
Posted on: 2011/3/11 23:44

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Wasted my day on a security camera that I never did get working. Back to the pump house / dog house tomorrow. It really is kinda the same thing you know. Just bigger. LOL.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 0:01

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 03.11.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

Best wishes for you wife, Don!
Posted on: 2011/3/12 0:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.