Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
267 user(s) are online (227 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So last night after work and workout the wifey said she had to go to the store to return a couple things. So we piled in the suv and went to the store. It was almost 7 pm when we were done and still hadn't eaten, so decided to go to Chili's in the shopping center parking lot. They weren't that busy, and we sat down and got our drinks. Took another 10 minutes to order our food, our waitress was kinda flakey. Appetizer came out, that was fine. But out entree (fajitas for two) took an additional 30 minutes after the appetizer. What? That's crazy. Try doing that with a 1 1/2 year old. I mean, she's good up to a point, but make a baby sit at a table for more than an hour and it's not pretty. We got there at 7 pm and seated and didn't get our actual meal until 7:50. I was kind of irritated. Food was pretty good, but service sucked. Won't be going back there any time soon.

So how was everyone else's Saturday night?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/9/27 11:31

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Do a customer survey at the website or make a comment. We had a dinner out too with a friends family. Chinese food. Had a big lazy Susan in the middle with the plates of food so could grab a little of this or a little of that. Food was all hot and it tasted just like American style Chinese food. You know the Chinese don't eat that stuff. Watch what they eat at the workers table if you're there when they are eating. Another eat fest tonight at the in-laws. I better wear some loose clothing. One thing about the summer is I eat a lot less. As winter progresses food events seem to dominate more of my life and as a result I gain about 15 lbs, then lose it through the summer. looks like I'm starting the swing a little early this year. Bon appetite.

Attach file:

gif  pig-oink.gif (6.06 KB)
852_4abf5e86d8d2e.gif 83X30 px

jpg  food table.jpg (30.67 KB)
852_4abf5e9b121d1.jpg 307X432 px
Posted on: 2009/9/27 12:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

hey, guys. I went to church, came home and the wife fixed some warm-up food. We are having the back yard sprinkler put in...we have had the front yard done since we built the house 24 years ago..it was finally time to get the back yard done. So the guy who is doing it had all the trenches dug when we got home. I went out to check things out and he had hit one of the existing lines (no biggy he is going to replace that section anyway). Today he'll be back to start laying in the lines. I'm having him put in a new main valve for the sprinkler...one that is electrically switched.

Matt, there are a few things that get my dander up....poor service at a restaurant is one of them. I have been known to really rip on management. Many times while we are out and the service is really slow or bad, the wife will say "It's all right", or she'll look at me and tell me to "calm down", so she can see in my eyes that I'm getting pissed.

Nothing really planned for today.
Posted on: 2009/9/27 13:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

PeteK Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

I am getting ready to board my 4pm flight out of London. They are 5 hours ahead of eastern time. Not looking forward to the 9 plus hour flight back, then 2 hour layover, before my 11pm arrival in Ne Pennsylvania.
Posted on: 2009/9/27 13:52

Touringmike Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Had a good time at Octoberfest last night.
Took the In-Laws, had Sparnfeckel (pig roast),Fire pit roasted Chicken, and Bratwurst dinners (shared amongst us), bought 4 Landejager sausages (will let them cure a few days), some struedel, drank copious amounts of Spaten Lager, a bottle of Riesling for the wife and MIL. I missed out on the Rollbraten (pork loin) sandwhiches, only cause I didn't have the room left for it.

My oldest son and Daughter-in-law were there, as well as a bunch of their friends,and parents of their friends, who some of just so happened to attend HS with my wife.

It was a good time to forget about all the pressures life has thrown us this past year.

Today is football day (I'm gonna bust out the handicap helmet if the Pack loses today), then rest up for the start of the workweek starting at 10pm tonight (3rd shift)

May be getting a call about a new job opportunity I interviewed for on the 22nd, more inline with my career than the current job is. HR person e-mailed asking for references Friday, and said she'd contact me early this week.
Posted on: 2009/9/27 13:59

Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
We had a dinner out too with a friends family. Chinese food. Had a big lazy Susan in the middle with the plates of food so could grab a little of this or a little of that. .

Ever notice how you don't see any stray cats or dogs around those Chinese Food joints?

(Actually, they're not even Chinese. Here, they're Hmongs - not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Posted on: 2009/9/27 14:04

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Come to think of it, the roast duck did look a little large. Maybe it was a Muskovy from a local pond.
Posted on: 2009/9/27 14:58

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Jeez, I feel full and I haven't eaten anything yet!

Talking about putting in a sprinkler system bums me out - they'll be coming out to shut down our system for he winter already on 10/15 - yikes! We had it installed a few years ago, and it's my wife's favorite thing. She used to be our sprinkler system.

I've had a slug of headaches the past few days, and was up in the middle of the night again. Spring and fall are always the worst when the weather changes.

I'll be flipping back and forth between the Vikings and Twins games today. The Twinkies are tying to keep it interesting down to the wire. I thought the White Sox were gonna give us some help last night, but Detroit came back and put the wood to 'em.

Enjoy your Sunday, all!
Posted on: 2009/9/27 15:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

xccter Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

Hi Guys,

Going to scout some homes in the downtown Annapolis area today.

Tough to meet my criteria. Waterfront, walking distance to Ego Alley and a 2-car garage.

Probably in the Eastport or Spa Creek neighborhoods for any of you familiar with Maryland's capital city.

I'm sure "the" house will end up in the $750k+ range.

Wish me luck.

Have a good one.

Mark
Posted on: 2009/9/27 15:22
NCRS #48337

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Kicking back today, watch NFL games, clean the interior of my truck, 55, 87 and wash my beautiful wifes Fusion.
Posted on: 2009/9/27 15:23

Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

I'll be flipping back and forth between the Vikings and Twins games today. The Twinkies are tying to keep it interesting down to the wire. I thought the White Sox were gonna give us some help last night, but Detroit came back and put the wood to 'em.

Enjoy your Sunday, all!

Speakin' of the twinks, I read there could be a possible collision of MNF and a playoff game for baseball if needed next week.

Who gets the boot from the dome?
I doubt of the Vikes would agree to flipping stadiums with the Pack.

Closed the pool up on Friday.
Summer is done, but 80 degrees here today.
Posted on: 2009/9/27 15:45

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 09.27.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Touringmike wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Enjoy your Sunday, all!

Speakin' of the twinks, I read there could be a possible collision of MNF and a playoff game for baseball if needed next week.

Who gets the boot from the dome?
I doubt of the Vikes would agree to flipping stadiums with the Pack.

Closed the pool up on Friday.
Summer is done, but 80 degrees here today.

There won't be any flipping sites with the Pack - so far I've heard that they could play early Monday morning or delay until Tuesday. But they've got plenty of work to do before any of that becomes an issue ;-)
Posted on: 2009/9/27 16:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Dinners over. Time to call it a day.
Posted on: 2009/9/28 1:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.