Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

astock165 Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

Well just in case you guys were wondering we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. It's been a busy summer for us here in NH but I wanted to let you guys know we have lots of parts for our rear suspension upgrades.

If you're unfamiliar with our product you can get the details here.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 14:51
www.banskimotorsports.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22811 Posts

Just a reminder that this thread is only for those interested in asking questions pertinent to the group purchase indicated.

Good luck with your sale, Tom.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/10/13 17:47

Josh Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

Has anyone put some pretty serious miles on this stuff? Over 10,000 or something? I'm curious how you guys think they will hold up to daily driver duty. Rain, salt, mud, dirt, etc... Combined with the thousands of suspension cylces a daily driver car sees.

A race car, or well maintained weekend warrior, gets much more attention than a daily driver. Are your parts an install and forget about it kind of deal, or do they need regular maintenance/inspection?
Posted on: 2009/10/13 20:55

astock165 Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

The rod ends are Teflon lined, which helps with wear & tear since there's no need to grease them. I've had mine on for two seasons now but admittedly mine is not a daily driver.

When I do look @ them I find that the Teflon line acts as a wiper for any debris that might be there and the ball of the rod ends are still in excellent condition.

Many have added rod end boots from Seals It although I haven't heard if they found a huge difference with them on. I can get them for you or you can get them from your local Seals It distributor.

CentralCoaster and rayquayle were some of my first customers so perhaps they'll add their observations here.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 21:13

CentralCoaster Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I'll check my records, I don't drive as much as I used to but I've got probably about 10K on it by now. (And only 1 track day )

I mentioned to Tom early on that some of the rod ends weren't lined. He also responded to feedback with a few other nice changes that are in the kit he offers now. When I put his updated spacers in right after I think I replaced 4 of the rod ends with lined ones and haven't touched it since.

Actually I did have a nut come loose on a camber rod, so I cranked it down more and used locktite. How do you safety wire a nut?

After getting accustomed to my car, I drove another 85 Z51 with stock rear suspension last week. It felt like riding in a Model T.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 22:21

BillH Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

astock165 wrote:
The rod ends are Teflon lined, which helps with wear & tear since there's no need to grease them. I've had mine on for two seasons now but admittedly mine is not a daily driver.

When I do look @ them I find that the Teflon line acts as a wiper for any debris that might be there and the ball of the rod ends are still in excellent condition.

Yea, the teflon lined are vey,very good.

I have a vintage racecar with some teflon rodends that are over 15 years old, still tight.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 23:40

Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

Quote:
BillH wrote:Yea, the teflon lined are vey,very good. I have a vintage racecar with some teflon rodends that are over 15 years old, still tight.

The Teflon is just such a great wear material and when it mates to a nicely polished ball in the rod end there isn't much that can beat it.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 23:50

MK 82 Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

How many folks do you have in the GP?
Posted on: 2009/10/14 3:04

Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

HaHa, unfortunately none yet. Despite all the posts in all the threads on both forums no one has come up yet. The up side to that is that I can extend the purchase again.

I'm coming to find that this is a difficult time of year to run a special as I ran one this time last year and had a similar (low) result. With the holidays right around the corner and the season being over in many parts of the country people's attention is understandably elsewhere.

Spring seems to be much better, when owners are yearning to get they babies back on the road and potentailly have a tax refund in their pocket.
Posted on: 2009/10/14 11:37

CentralCoaster Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

One of my friends is interested in the kit, but he said he'd rather pay more for a VB&P kit simply because they've been around longer.

I don't think I can make it any clearer to him that this kit was designed to improve on the products already out there and is superior to the typical jam-nut type kit. But hey, what can you do. I guess I'll watch him waste his money and then do a comparo on the kits later.
Posted on: 2009/10/14 20:03

Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

Things like that do happen and there isn't much you can do. You can try this however: tell to keep on eye on "the other forum" because I am in the process of working a deal with an established registered vendor over there (I am not yet) to distribute the product(s). If that vendor is willing to put their name behind it perhaps that will ease his fears.
Posted on: 2009/10/14 21:18

Aboatguy Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Senior Guru
My Avatar was redistributed!
498 Posts

Tom,

I would have bought your camber rod kit but you were out of stock at the time. Now I have my car together and aligned....so I'm out of the running however, it has nothing to do with time of year. I wish you luck on this sale becuase IMO you have a high quality trailing arm kit that was easy to install and really freed up the rear suspension.

Mike
Posted on: 2009/10/18 2:33

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

My problem with the group purchase is the time length. I don't want to wait and tie up my money for 2 months. Then have to worry about getting it back if there are not enough takers. Maybe one with a 30 day limit? Or offer the first 12 at reduced prices. When those are gone, the price goes back up.

Give me that and I will buy the trailing arms now.
Posted on: 2009/10/19 1:52

Aboatguy Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Senior Guru
My Avatar was redistributed!
498 Posts

Quote:

DropTopCE wrote:
My problem with the group purchase is the time length. I don't want to wait and tie up my money for 2 months. Then have to worry about getting it back if there are not enough takers. Maybe one with a 30 day limit? Or offer the first 12 at reduced prices. When those are gone, the price goes back up.

Now there's an Idea....it's what Merle at EM does for his header sales.

Mike
Posted on: 2009/10/29 23:48

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Guess he doesn't like it. I don't like waiting till December.

Quote:

Aboatguy wrote:
Quote:

DropTopCE wrote:

Now there's an Idea....it's what Merle at EM does for his header sales.

Mike
Posted on: 2009/10/30 0:36

Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

With the economy the way it is and the Holidays fast approaching we've gotten a lot of feedback that people would like to take advantage but just can't right now, which I certainly understand.

So we're going to shelve the GP for now and will likely do a special early next year. Perhaps incorporating some of the ideas mentioned here. I like the first come first served idea for some number of kits.
Posted on: 2009/10/30 12:44

Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
One of my friends is interested in the kit, but he said he'd rather pay more for a VB&P kit simply because they've been around longer.

I don't think I can make it any clearer to him that this kit was designed to improve on the products already out there and is superior to the typical jam-nut type kit. But hey, what can you do. I guess I'll watch him waste his money and then do a comparo on the kits later.
We've also finalized our deal with Hardbar USA to make them our first distributor, so if he's concerned about having an established company stand behind the product I feel we've got a great one standing behind us and the product.
Posted on: 2009/10/30 12:48

SpectatorRacing Re: Group Purchase on Banski MotorSports Rod End Rear Suspension.
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

Tell him I have the VBP kit but would gladly trade up to the Banski. I've already had to replace half of the rod ends.

In fact, I'll sell him my VBP kit and spend the money on this one!
Posted on: 2009/10/30 14:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.