Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
325 user(s) are online (252 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Driver Information Center
Also known as the DIC.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It's above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-1996.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I started clearing out some furniture last night from the living and family rooms. Just the stuff I could carry easily, a few chairs, tables, etc. I still have to box up some breakables before I move the china hutch, etc. No big deal. My wife couldn't understand why I was doing it already. She has noooooo concept of how long a project actually takes. She thinks we just go in and put the floor down. She ignores the 4-5 hours of prep work before the wood even comes out of the boxes. Oh well, she always does that so I should be used to it.

Had a little excitement last night when I saw someone walking around with a flashlight in my backyard at about 6:30 pm. I happened to be walking into the kitchen after my workout and saw some dude out there (I have a 5 foot privacy fence and gates, so he didn't just wander in). I was outside in about 25 seconds with a flashlight of my own and a little extra something. Guy wasn't in the yard but the footsteps in the snow led to an unknown car parked in my neighbor's driveway who wasn't home....hmmmm. So I get to the car and flash the light on two people in the car. It's my neighbor and her (unknown to me) boyfriend. They had a piece of mail that got blown by the wind into the yard and he was looking for it with a flashlight. Whew. Glad it ended well. That was my little piece of excitement.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/1/26 12:36

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sounds like your ready for some action there Matt.

MIL had a partial hip replacement as a result of her recent fall. She'll have to go to in-house rehab for a little while. Still has to get an MRI on her right shoulder. May need some more surgery. Crazy electrical issue at my sons place. Had an electrician come by and check it out. He told me it was the drop line from the pole. Called in the power company. It would work fine then whack out. They repaired the line. Now the drier won't heat, oven wont work in the stove and the digital display on the stove won't work. It happened as a result of the power fluctuations. Low voltage, high voltage, no voltage. What do you think gurus? Repair or replace? Does the electric company have any liability in this? Next up, My boat keeps collapsing the siphon ball when running. Tracking that one down. Fun, fun, fun. Plenty of freeze damage cleanup to do, grass to mow, projects waiting. I don't have to know what day it is. I have something to do everyday. Pass the whine please .....
Posted on: 2010/1/26 13:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mojo for your MIL, Tommy! As for your son's house, who knows, maybe there was some kind of power surge that took out the appliances? Don't know if they would be liable or not. I pay $8/month or so for a repair plan on my appliances thru the gas company, which has paid off in the past. Too late for that if he doesn't already have that kind of coverage, but might be worth looking into in the future.

Today is the first day in a string of cold ones - highs will be back in the single digits in the next couple days. I'm real tired of winter already, and there's a couple months left.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 13:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

DreamRide Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

Nothing to add, just haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd say hi.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 13:47

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Does the electric company have any liability in this?

That happened here the other month but to a couple hundred people. IIRC, the power co did agree to help somewhat.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 14:26

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Had a little excitement last night when I saw someone walking around with a flashlight in my backyard at about 6:30 pm. I happened to be walking into the kitchen after my workout and saw some dude out there . I was outside in about 25 seconds with a flashlight of my own and a little extra something. Matthew

Attach file:

jpg  ATT00065.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/1/26 14:30

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Tommy, it sounds like one of the legs from the power pole is not working. You need power on both lines for 220V appliances to work. I think the power company needs to come back and check the feeds from the pole.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 14:31

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Tommy, it sounds like one of the legs from the power pole is not working. You need power on both lines for 220V appliances to work. I think the power company needs to come back and check the feeds from the pole.

Thats what was screwed it up in the first place. The drier turns on but no heat, the central A/C works fine, the burners on the stove work but not the oven. It's like the elements got blanked. What your saying has possibilities though. Good point.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 14:44

flyboy Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Fun, fun, fun. grass to mow, projects waiting. I don't have to know what day it is. I have something to do everyday. Pass the whine please .....
Grass to mow. I can only wish I had grass to mow. I swear I will never 'whine' about having grass to mow. Think I'll Google up the sun. Forgot what it looks like.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 16:39

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Fun, fun, fun. grass to mow, projects waiting. I don't have to know what day it is. I have something to do everyday. Pass the whine please .....
Grass to mow. I can only wish I had grass to mow. I swear I will never 'whine' about having grass to mow. Think I'll Google up the sun. Forgot what it looks like.

Ditto
Posted on: 2010/1/26 16:44

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I have 220 at the outlet. Picking up a dryer for $100 from my neice. Hope that's the fix. Then I'll hunt for a stove.

Besides mowing the grass I have to clean the pool.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 17:52

flyboy Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Be careful you don't slip.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 18:09

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 01.26.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Afternoon Gurus....

Another typical day. My grandson had his best scoring game to date last night 21 points and 10 rebounds, he only played three quarters. My in-laws were here to see the great-grandson play, they were very happy for the grandson.

I ended up short of having enough stain to do all the staining, so I'll head over to the "city" to pick some more up today after school. I need to try and get that done so I can start spraying the lacquer.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 20:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.