Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
319 user(s) are online (248 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 02.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it's the weekend for me and I'm relieved. Baby was a little fussy last night, so I gave the wife a break and slept in her room from about 12:30 on. No idea why she kept waking up. So I'm still a little dazed as far as sleep goes but that will dissipate (of course, the normal daze I live with every day will still be there).

Went to HD last night and picked up some base shoe for the two rooms. Gonna try to get that cut and installed today along with the first coat of polyurethane on the t-molding. I did get the wood filler putty put into the nail heads. My suggestion is don't buy the pencil type wood filler, it's crap. I bought one tub and one pencil (didn't have the right color in the tub) and the pencil was a PIA. Seems like it dries out not being sealed up. Just my two cents.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/2/5 13:48

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I've found the best thing for filling the nail holes is to have someone else do it - it's a PITA no matter what you use.

We got an inch or so of sloppy snow, so of course there are accidents galore - a delightful commute. At least it's Friday.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 13:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
I bought one tub and one pencil (didn't have the right color in the tub) and the pencil was a PIA. Seems like it dries out not being sealed up. Just my two cents.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Your red oak is very close, colorwise to mine.
The Elmers red oak in the tube is a very close match.
The Min Wax natursl stain on bare red oak is close too ( if you need to stain a cut end).

One thing I've done with fillers is to mix some stain into natural filler to et closer to the color. If you have stain in a can that's been sitting a couple of days, you can stick a screwdriver into the can and pull some of the color off the bottom of the can to mix with the filler. The stuff at the bottom of the can is concentrated. (Doesn't work with the natural stain because there's no additives in the natural).
Posted on: 2010/2/5 13:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

Worked around the yard yesterday doing a sort of early spring clean up. Today Tommy T Doubtfire is in the house. Getting ready to crank up the tunes and break out the vacuum. See what looks good for dinner. Happy Friday
Posted on: 2010/2/5 14:00

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Thanks, Bill. I picked up some minwax filler and the color is spot on. Just worked out. There are a few spots in the boards you can't even tell there is filler (from the color). With so much variation in the wood it's hard to be perfect, though.

And to Tommy Doubtfire, that's still a great movie. Gotta love Robin Williams.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/2/5 14:01

itlgo2 Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
Guru Newb
Missouri
288 Posts

It's snowing, i am locking the gun cabinet, I am so ready for winter to be over, i can hardly think of anything else.
My diet is going okay, i'm down to 212 from gulp...249
i was the size of a Buick, old people were sometimes trying to stick their ignition keys in my ass.
it's snowing....off to the hot tub
Posted on: 2010/2/5 14:09

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Snow is on its way here... I just got back from the marina and checking on my boat and she is floating high which is a good thing. Some folks boats are sitting very low in the rear and too close to the water for my liking. Some still have a foot of snow in their cockpits from the last snowfall.

It was cold down there on the water this morning but I still love being near the water and on the boat no matter what the temps outside. Oh yeah a frozen head does such though!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/5 14:59

teebee Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Morning guys. Filling holes with putty is such a PITA, I try to avoid it as much as possible. Glad you found something that works for you.

It's cold here, and supposed to continue through next week. Another winter storm rolling through here Sunday/Monday.

I start my next cabinet job this weekend. Another big cabinet, 95" tall, 60" wide and 25" deep. Not all that hard to build other than the size and horsing it around. Actually building it in two sections 30" wide each.

One of these days I'd like to get the Corvette out and go for a drive, but not until the roads clear up a bit. I bought a HallTech Venom CAI for it and haven't had the opportunity to get it installed yet. I also want to get the top hats of the rotors painted as they look pretty bad all rusty and such. I think I'll paint the calipers at the same time.

Good thing it's Friday the kids are kind of wild and testy.

Everyone have a good day.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 17:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Epimax Re: Friday Chat 02.05.10
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Howdy!

Snowing here...again....
Looks like more headed this way for Monday too..

Dat's ok...
I pledge allegiance to The Saints, and to the great city of New Orleans; and to The Super Bowl, for which we will win; One city, below sea level, under God; with Mardi Gras & alcohol for all! ...
Posted on: 2010/2/5 18:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.