Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
248 user(s) are online (202 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C4
Abbreviation for the 4th generation of Corvettes built from 1984-1996....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Got a full day planned. I have to call the dentist when he opens up. I woke up last night at about 3 am to go to the bathroom and something didn't feel right. Nothing painful, but some of the bonding on my front tooth cracked off. I need to get that fixed before the wedding. Also gonna stop by the post office and run to the store. We might hit the boat later and do a little gambling, if we feel up to it.

Other than that, no news.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/28 12:43

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I'm tired this morning. Club Shop Night last night and I didn't get home 'til late. Had some fun though. One of the guys in the club did a brake replacement demo on a C6. Changed the rotors, pads and fluid in the three hours we had the shop. Lots of BSing going on too.

Getting ready for our Muscle Car Mania Drag Races this Sunday. Should be fun. More info on that in another thread.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 13:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings!

Well, I'm already thinking about putting my stock exhaust back on - the Corsas are much louder than I was anticipating, and are starting to wear on me already.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2010/4/28 13:36

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

4543 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Greetings!

Well, I'm already thinking about putting my stock exhaust back on - the Corsas are much louder than I was anticipating, and are starting to wear on me already.

Have a good day, all!

You wouldn't like mine then...
Posted on: 2010/4/28 13:45

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Greetings!

Have a good day, all!

Give it a month. Maybe, like living by an airport, you'll get used to it.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 14:13

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Got back from my delivery and stopped by the house for a cup of coffee and a freshly baked cinnamon bun from a local Menonite bakery. Gave it a quick zap in the microwave and smathered some butter on top. Now I'm heading out to start priming the trailer. At least I layed down a good base in my stomach before I get started. High was 87 yesterday and I expect more of the same today. The mornings and evenings have been really nice. Great days to do some work. Would be even better for cruising in a boat or a vert. I want to get my jobs done though before the oppresive heat of the summer kicks in.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 14:22

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning gurus.....We have a non-typical day here today. Inservice....a bunch of cr@p. Started with a faculty meeting and then State Standards review meeting. Lots of talk about "next year", I should have called in sick today, I guess those days aren't worth much when I retire and this is just a wasted day for me.

I'm back in my office now, supposed to be "planning for next year".....I guess that's what I'm doing......

Brad, I'm surprised that the Corsas are that loud, even with headers, if they are, then I understand about wanting to change them back. Don, I wish we had a club and the type of activities your group plans, sounds like a good time.

I stayed up too late last night, watched the news and then planned on going to bed. But I flipped over to HD movie channel and started watching a foreign (French) film with the sub-titles, and ended up watching it to the end. It was supposed to be really funny, and probably was, if you speak french, but reading the sub-titles it must lose something.

Well, I have some 'planning to do' (working on repairing a computer).

L8R
Posted on: 2010/4/28 14:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

First time to break free from my students. Hectic! Projects going out the door. Finished up the kitchen and bathroom cabinets for the Vocational building trades house about an hour ago! School Corp will pick them up after lunch.
Teebee doncha just love inservice days! Talking heads. We no longer have prof. days. Staff voted!" waste of time!" Had some security expert come in last year and told us how to protect our ourselves. I walked in late to our second to last inservice and this idiot tried to make an example of me in front of the staff. He ask me what I would do if a student came up behind me and grabbed me. He came up behind me and tries a choke hold and I put him on this ass on his head. Inservice was stopped and we all went back and worked in our rooms!! This guy was hurt. Sorry!! Principal told him not to assume that because we are teachers that the men are weak. Our male staff has 15 ex-military. So much for inservice!! It was reported later he had a severe concussion. This is the kind of mentality we have do deal with in our past inservices. Then the terms "rubric", gender diversification, alternative students, students from Mars is a complete inservice. How to handle that overly sensitive student. Just tell em to STFU
Brad I didn't think Corsa's were that loud ! My magna flows seem conservative to what your describing.
Gurus have a great day, school corp truck is hear to pick up cabinets!
Posted on: 2010/4/28 15:28

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Brad I didn't think Corsa's were that loud ! My magna flows seem conservative to what your describing.

It's almost like driving with open headers - other than the see-thru honeycomb in the high-flow cats, it is straight through all the way. Cruising in 6th gear isn't bad, but otherwise it sounds like a truck. Freeway entrance ramps are fun, though.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 16:46

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

It's almost like driving with open headers - other than the see-thru honeycomb in the high-flow cats, it is straight through all the way. Cruising in 6th gear isn't bad, but otherwise it sounds like a truck. Freeway entrance ramps are fun, though.

Do you have a x pipe before the cat?? I revamped my exhaust on the 87 last fall removing precats and Cat. I made up an x-pipe about 1 foot where the cat would have been. Balances out impulses. Magna flows are great at idle and through the power range. Can get loud when I jump on it.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 17:07

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

Do you have a x pipe before the cat?? I revamped my exhaust on the 87 last fall removing precats and Cat. I made up an x-pipe about 1 foot where the cat would have been. Balances out impulses. Magna flows are great at idle and through the power range. Can get loud when I jump on it.

There's an "H" pipe built into the system just ahead of the resonator. And I have headers and Random Technology bullet cats.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 17:21

4543 Posts

the noise level is different from person to person. My Magnaflows were very loud when I first installed them and now they seem to have mellowed out a lot. I also notice a change in sound when I installed the lower gears. A new powerband gave me a different sound at different highway speeds
Posted on: 2010/4/28 17:22

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Ron, I wish that the inservice days could be done away with, but most are mandated by the state, you know the morons who have never been in a classroom (as a teacher), and then tells us how it should be done.

Oh, well it's my last one.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 18:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BrianCunningham Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Pouring out
So much for working on the car today

To top it off my 90yo aunt died last night
Posted on: 2010/4/28 20:25

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Got back from my delivery and stopped by the house for a cup of coffee and a freshly baked cinnamon bun from a local Menonite bakery.

Q: What is a dirty Amish girl's fantasy?

A: Two Mennonite!
Posted on: 2010/4/28 21:10

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Pouring out
So much for working on the car today

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Brian

We had a classmate who passed away last year from cancer, and this past weekend her 23-year-old daughter was killed in a car accident. I can't even imagine what our late friend's husband must be going through.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 21:48

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

Sorry to hear that, Brian. 90 seems like a long life, though. Hopefully she accomplished everything she wanted to. Regards to your family.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/28 21:50

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

Brad, I can't imagine that they're louder than this:
But mine are nice and low key in 6th.

Attach file:

jpg  IMGP0268.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/4/28 21:52

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Got back from my delivery and stopped by the house for a cup of coffee and a freshly baked cinnamon bun from a local Menonite bakery.

Q: What is a dirty Amish girl's fantasy?

A: Two Mennonite!

Do you know what plop- plop/ bang-bang is?
Answer: Amish drive by shooting
Posted on: 2010/4/28 22:55

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

Brad, I can't imagine that they're louder than this:
But mine are nice and low key in 6th.

This is great! how is the noise level@ highway speed? Did you have the system done at a shop? or fabricate the system yourself??
Posted on: 2010/4/28 23:05

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

This is great! how is the noise level@ highway speed? Did you have the system done at a shop? or fabricate the system yourself??

I never have anything done at a shop, Ron (engine machine shop excluded).

These are Corvette Central chambered catbacks. Slightly reminiscent of my 67's sidepipes.
They sound nice at 1/4 throttle, loud at full. IMO, zero drone at 65mph.
I do short shift passing the cops but I've never had one even glance at me.
Pic on the left.

Attach file:

gif  c4cham.gif (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/4/28 23:20

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Ron, I wish that the inservice days could be done away with, but most are mandated by the state, you know the morons who have never been in a classroom (as a teacher), and then tells us how it should be done.

Oh, well it's my last one.

Tom: our inservice days were mandated by the state of Indiana also. After my fiasco we really did some professional soul searching about inservice. We decided that our own staff had more to offer! i.e. power point presentations,the use of elmo, read 180 etc. Worked out very well!
Over the years we had a few whacked out speakers that had their own agendas. Toooo liberal for me!!
Posted on: 2010/4/28 23:23

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

I never have anything done at a shop, Ron (engine machine shop excluded).

These are Corvette Central chambered catbacks. Slightly reminiscent of my 67's sidepipes.
They sound nice at 1/4 throttle, loud at full. IMO, zero drone at 65mph.
I do short shift passing the cops but I've never had one even glance at me.
Pic on the left.

This is impressive! Is this system Stainless or aluminumized steel? I fabricated my own and used an x pipe. Not sure if their is any different between h or x pipe.
Bill: the real kick in the head is Corvette Central is in Sawyer Michigan which is only a 25min. drive from Granger Indiana. Love the lift!!!
Posted on: 2010/4/28 23:35

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Greetings, Gurus!

Had a good and busy day conducting a disaster drill. No plans tomorrow other than a doctor appt, so that should give me some good time to catch up on things since I've been away from my desk a bit the last couple days.

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen is one with subtitles. It's called Johnny Stecchino with Roberto Benigni. OMG, it's hilarious. I have it on VHS - which means I can't watch it anymore since I don't have a VCR, and I can't seem to find it on American-compatible DVD. Make me chuckle just thinking about it! Santa Cleopatra!
Posted on: 2010/4/28 23:42

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 04.28.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Wednesday, April 28, 2010

pellucid
\puh-LOO-sid\, adjective:

1. Transparent; clear; not opaque.
2. Easily understandable.
Posted on: 2010/4/28 23:42

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

Pic on the left.

This is impressive! Is this system Stainless or aluminumized steel? I fabricated my own and used an x pipe. Not sure if their is any different between h or x pipe.
Bill: the real kick in the head is Corvette Central is in Sawyer Michigan which is only a 25min. drive from Granger Indiana. Love the lift!!!

Aluminized, the pic was the initial fitting (they fit very nice), I pulled it down & shot it with Duplicolor Ceramic High Heat, no rust in 4 years.

I loved the lift too, it's a Bend Pac. It was in the raceshop so I don't get to use it anymore.
I like the cars surrounding the lift better than the lift.
Notice the new one wrapped up above the office.

Attach file:

jpg  IMGP0267.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/4/28 23:45

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Wednesday, April 28, 2010

pellucid
\puh-LOO-sid\, adjective:

1. Transparent; clear; not opaque.
2. Easily understandable.

I drank so much one night I got pellucid.

Indulged till I was transparent. At least I thought I was.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 3:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.