Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
241 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Fluff Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

Been to Germany to bring my bike back home (left it there when I had to home quick about 6 months ago). Looking forward to a bit of riding whilst the weather is still good, then I'll probably rebuild it (again).

So what have I missed, anything good?

It's hot (35c) here in Spain, but a nice steady breeze today.

Had a package waiting for me when I got home, all the parts to strip and rebuild my AC compressor... jobs are mounting up

Attach file:

jpg  bike.jpg (56.70 KB)
2046_4c34653566e90.jpg 400X330 px
Posted on: 2010/7/7 11:30

Matatk Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Should be another hot one here today. Hopefully once I get off work I can finish repairing the pool and get that going. It would really be nice to use it ONCE this year!!! I might get a chance to work on the vette, too, but usually only one project at a time. So we'll see.

Looking forward to having some days off, it's been a long week for me.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2010/7/7 11:41

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Always something to do around here. It's pick a chore day. I have some palm trees that need some urgent trimmming. Hope I can get one of my wifes workers to climb the ladder and cut off several seed pods and dying branches. Then I can take ot from there.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 11:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Yep, then Tommy can do the hard part - LMAO!

It was another hot and steamy afternoon on the golf course yesterday, no breeze at all. At least the bugs weren't bad, and our team prevailed.

Enjoy your hump day!
Posted on: 2010/7/7 12:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

92 yeaterday but with the low humidity, it was still nice driving the C4 with the windows down. 95 today.

As you go thru life, some things become clear.

I figure it's not posssible to study for a rectal exam.
Unless you're cramming.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 12:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Yep, then Tommy can do the hard part - LMAO!

Work smart, not hard.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 12:27

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning All,
This is my first morning back to work. It was a full holiday with a party at my house and at some friend's house on Saturday. Fireworks over the Bay Saturday night too! Sunday my Sister-in-law brought the kids over and we went to the water park down the street from where I live. I stayed in the water all day. I think I was a big white prune by the end of the afternoon. That is not a pretty picture!! Anyhow we had a great Fourth of July week and now its back to the grind for me.

This Saturday our Corvette Club has been asked to participate in the half-time show for the Baltimore Mariners. They are the current American Indoor Football champs and will be playing a playoff game on Saturday in Baltimore. We have ten Corvettes that will drive on the field and the annoucer will be giving the history of the Corvette and the Corvette club of America as the first Corvette Club in the US established in 1956. I'll be driving a loaner Z06 or Grand Sport, we are not sure which one yet. Whichever is available on Saturday morning when I go pick it up. Should be fun!!
Posted on: 2010/7/7 12:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
As you go thru life, some things become clear.

I figure it's not posssible to study for a rectal exam.
Unless you're cramming.

The sad part is that 50% of the population think it is a test you have to study for.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 12:31

Trae1976 Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
2012 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Quote:
biggrizzly wrote:
This Saturday our Corvette Club has been asked to participate in the half-time show for the Baltimore Mariners. They are the current American Indoor Football champs and will be playing a playoff game on Saturday in Baltimore. We have ten Corvettes that will drive on the field and the annoucer will be giving the history of the Corvette and the Corvette club of America as the first Corvette Club in the US established in 1956. I'll be driving a loaner Z06 or Grand Sport, we are not sure which one yet. Whichever is available on Saturday morning when I go pick it up. Should be fun!!

Make sure someone gets video of your turf burnout.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 12:49

Fluff Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
...... I have some palm trees that need some urgent trimmming. Hope I can get one of my wifes workers ......

Send em over here when they've finished yours. I always get cut to bits fighting palms!
Posted on: 2010/7/7 13:49

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My niece is visiting with her husband who is on assignment in the DC area with the National Guard. She went to view her checking account and found it had been drained. She also checked her savings account and also found an empty account. She had overdraft protection that drew from her savings if her checking account went overdrawn. The thieves got two birds with one stone hitting her checking account several times after it was replenished with savings money. Who needs a gun anymore when you can hack your way to prosperity. And that's the way it is ..... Good Day!
Posted on: 2010/7/7 13:56

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Jayzus, hope they make it right for your niece, and that they catch the perps - that blows!
Posted on: 2010/7/7 15:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

4543 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
My niece is visiting with her husband who is on assignment in the DC area with the National Guard. She went to view her checking account and found it had been drained. She also checked her savings account and also found an empty account. She had overdraft protection that drew from her savings if her checking account went overdrawn. The thieves got two birds with one stone hitting her checking account several times after it was replenished with savings money. Who needs a gun anymore when you can hack your way to prosperity. And that's the way it is ..... Good Day!

Your niece's husband is probably right here on base with me at Andrews if he is doing DC Air National Guard duty. Although there are a lot of other places he could be in the DC area we have a lot of Air Guard here.

I hope they find them crooks, but chances are they are in some foreign country somewhere!
Posted on: 2010/7/7 15:38

BrianCunningham Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Temp hit 100 today

figure it would be a good time to take a break from working on the car LOL

Why do they put cheap Chinese switches on, of all things, medical devices?

My mother's treatment machine wouldn't turn out.
The builders are local, so I took it down.
Turned out to be the on/off switch
Posted on: 2010/7/7 21:05

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Afternoon...been a busy, busy boy that last two days. A friend is building a house and acting as his own general, needed some help hanging the exterior doors, so I went over to help him do that the last couple of days. Not your typical frame house though, it's a log house and the hanging of doors is much more involved, so it was time consuming. Last night when I got home I had two computer to work on, one virus removal, got it done...the other a complete building with all new parts (which came in yesterday afternoon) and loaded the OS and all the apps that I normally install. Got it done and went to bed about midnight.

Today the weather has been fantastic about 78* and a light breeze, but that is bound to change looking at triple digits by Monday.

Haven't had that kind of an attack yet, but have had my CC # stolen a couple times and had to go through that mess. I hope they are able to recoup some of the $$$$$.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 22:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 07.07.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good afternoon guys! Hotter than the sun today! High near 96 with high humidity. What a day to cut up a tree from last months severe storms. Neighbor lost a huge Pin Oak and Fir Tree. Six hours and 2 chains later done! I have an early model Stihl Chainsaw. What a brute!
If I was going have a heart attack it would of happened today not bad for an f on the Tommy Scale.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 22:59

4543 Posts

When I got in the car after work tonight, the digital thermo said it was 104 outside. After driving 25 miles it only dropped to 102, that's because I was two blocks from the Chesapeake Bay.
Posted on: 2010/7/7 23:23

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
My niece is visiting with her husband who is on assignment in the DC area with the National Guard. She went to view her checking account and found it had been drained. ......

Had she had an ATM card stolen Tommy?. My missus had her bag (with cards) stolen a couple of years ago. She never keeps PIN codes written down (so no codes with the cards), but somehow the thieves managed to clear her account through an ATM.

EU Banks say the codes are not on the embedded in the card, so it was a heck of an arguement to get the bank to put things right.
Posted on: 2010/7/8 10:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

She has the claim forms from the bank. She does a lot of online shopping so my guess is she either got phished or her info was hijacked. I have to find out more.
Posted on: 2010/7/8 11:52

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
She has the claim forms from the bank. She does a lot of online shopping so my guess is she either got phished or her info was hijacked. I have to find out more.

Hope the bank does the right thing for her.
Posted on: 2010/7/8 17:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.