Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

movnviolation Vacuum source
Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

Is the fuel cannister the main source for the vacuum system?
I have some vacuum from the throttle body going down to the cannister but none leaving.
Also, what is the vacuum line from the cruise control into the firewall connected to, and witch line is he source of vacuum to the cc.
I took the panel under driver side but can not folloe the line.

Any help?

Thanks
Posted on: 2010/7/9 22:31

1Fast04Vert Re: Vacuum source
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

On my 95 the vacuum ball (reservoir) is in the well in front of the left front tire. Vac hose from servo that goes thru the firewall hooks to the cruise control disconnect switch on the brake/clutch pedals. Vac to the servo comes from a fiting under the pass side fuel rail cover. Hope this helps.
Posted on: 2010/7/9 22:44

movnviolation Re: Vacuum source
Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

Thank, that explains the line through the firewall. The ball only has one vac line going to it. I assumed that was to retain vacuum for a short time.
Posted on: 2010/7/9 22:53

CentralCoaster Re: Vacuum source
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

The vacuum source comes from several places and the charcoal cannister isn't one of them. Your 89 should have come with a vacuum line diagram sticker on the radiator shroud.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Posted on: 2010/7/9 23:31

1Fast04Vert Re: Vacuum source
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

movnviolation wrote:
Thank, that explains the line through the firewall. The ball only has one vac line going to it. I assumed that was to retain vacuum for a short time.

Correct on both parts.
Posted on: 2010/7/10 1:47

MK 82 Re: Vacuum source
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

The hard vac line that goes into the wiring harness into the dash also feeds the AC servos.
Posted on: 2010/7/10 2:02

Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
The vacuum source comes from several places and the charcoal cannister isn't one of them. Your 89 should have come with a vacuum line diagram sticker on the radiator shroud.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I found a broken check valve under my 89 by the front left wheel. It was identified on here as the check mvalve for the climate control door. I am trying to find where that goes, and found there is no vacuum comming up the left side where the T is. The lines off the T go to the cruise control, and one goes to the small tube into the wire loom that goes to the climate control. No diagram on radiator shroud. My haynes has nothing.
Thanks
Posted on: 2010/7/10 3:19

vetteoz Re: Vacuum source
Senior Guru
453 Posts

Quote:
movnviolation wrote: witch line is he source of vacuum to the cc.

On a TPI ,vac supply to check valve comes from one of the ports on pass side rear of plenum (as shown in diagram below )
Rear line from check valve goes to plastic HVAC line in firewall harness;
rubber hose on side port of valve goes to the T feeding cruise then the vac line continues along inner wheel well to vac ball.
Rubber line through firewall for cruise release is seperate item as noted above by 95vette
Quote:

movnviolation wrote: The lines off the T go to the cruise control, and one goes to the small tube into the wire loom that goes to the climate control.

So someone has played around with it and not hooked up the vac supply to the check valve

Quote:
movnviolation wrote:
I found a broken check valve under my 89 by the front left wheel.

Usual place is by the dist.

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u309/vetteoz/electrical/checkvalve.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2010/7/10 3:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

vetteoz Re: Vacuum source
Senior Guru
453 Posts

Quote:
movnviolation wrote: My haynes has nothing.

That is why most use them in the toilet and not for reading either

Quote:
movnviolation wrote: No diagram on radiator shroud.

Vac lines for A/c and cruise are seperate from emissions plumbing shown on sticker.

Factory emissions sticker

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u309/vetteoz/electrical/VacuumTPI.gif[/IMG]

What yours should look like with AIR and EGR removed
Your MR setup will be identical except for where you get the vac supply for HVAC/ cruise from

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u309/vetteoz/electrical/VacuumMOD.gif[/IMG]
Posted on: 2010/7/10 3:46

Matatk Re: Vacuum source
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

If you have a check valve that matches the A/C check valve in front of your wheel well near your headlight, that's wrong. In that case, are you sure it's not a disc style valve? If so, that is for the EVAP system. Or is the valve behind the wheel well? If that's the case, it sounds like it was moved. The picture Oz posted is where it should be. I have a bunch more that can help if you are more specific.

Can you post a picture of what you are looking at/for?

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/7/10 5:57

Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

Thanks guys, will hit it today again.
Posted on: 2010/7/10 10:04

flyboy Re: Vacuum source
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

vetteoz wrote:
Quote:
movnviolation wrote: witch line is he source of vacuum to the cc.

On a TPI ,vac supply to check valve comes from one of the ports on pass side rear of plenum (as shown in diagram below )
Rear line from check valve goes to plastic HVAC line in firewall harness;
rubber hose on side port of valve goes to the T feeding cruise then the vac line continues along inner wheel well to vac ball.
Rubber line through firewall for cruise release is seperate item as noted above by 95vette
Quote:

movnviolation wrote: The lines off the T go to the cruise control, and one goes to the small tube into the wire loom that goes to the climate control.

So someone has played around with it and not hooked up the vac supply to the check valve

Quote:
movnviolation wrote:
I found a broken check valve under my 89 by the front left wheel.

Usual place is by the dist.

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u309/vetteoz/electrical/checkvalve.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the info.
Posted on: 2010/7/10 12:15

Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

Up and running. Started anew. Thanks Oz
Posted on: 2010/7/10 19:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.