Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
202 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Woke up with pain and stiffness in my neck. Have to try and work it out. Feeling a little off, maybe allergies. Both knees and the back are aching so over all it's just like any another day. Hot shower should help a little. Then I'm off to ride ........... the riding lawnmower. Meeting later with a realtor about the house across the street. Going to propose a lowball offer. Been looking at other houses too. I'd like to move but I have to find a distressed country style home with a big garage cheap. I want to stay away from HOA's and out of the city of Homestead where they tack on additional taxes. Maybe I'll get lucky. I've only been looking for a couple of years now. One place (the one that was burned) should be coming up in the next year or two. It's been tied up in foreclosure proceedings for a couple of years already. Well gurus, have a fun filled day.
Posted on: 2010/7/24 11:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'd like to move but I have to find a distressed country style home with a big garage cheap. I want to stay away from HOA's .

Me too, but I want a distressed country style huge garage with a small house.
At least an acre, of course.

HOA's suck.
Posted on: 2010/7/24 12:40

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Morning, it's been a nice night. We were able to open the house up last night. We've had showers the last two nights. It's supposed to be warm today,but not as warm as the last few days.

Went out last night to help with the free BBQ, served over 600 in less than an hour. Very well arraigned by the caterer. There was one guy cutting up the brisket two handling the plates and putting the potatoes on (my job), two putting on green beans and a roll. Now there were a few people (5 additional) back "feeding" us with refills of the potatoes, green beans, rolls and brisket, but it was well organized and tasted delicious.

Not much planned today. a fireworks display this evening.
Posted on: 2010/7/24 13:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Mornin'
Well, as I guessed it yesterday I didn't get out the garage last night. Instead a buddy came down and we went down to the local Friday night Cruise-In spot and then hooked up with my wife later and got a bite to eat. It was really, really hot last night! and expected to be worse today. I'm hoping to get down there in the oven long enough to drain the oil and coolant today.
Posted on: 2010/7/24 13:39

RickAnthony Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning, it's been a nice night. We were able to open the house up last night. We've had showers the last two nights. It's supposed to be warm today,but not as warm as the last few days.

Went out last night to help with the free BBQ, served over 600 in less than an hour. Very well arraigned by the caterer. There was one guy cutting up the brisket two handling the plates and putting the potatoes on (my job), two putting on green beans and a roll. Now there were a few people (5 additional) back "feeding" us with refills of the potatoes, green beans, rolls and brisket, but it was well organized and tasted delicious.

Not much planned today. a fireworks display this evening.

That sounds good! supposed to have a pig roast (never been to one/had one) with my jet ski friends. just depends on the weather today... so if it clears up and it's a go good chance I'll be on the water today...

-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/7/24 14:31
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

Vetron87 Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning!! Storms last night, early this morning and now with 70 mph winds. Monsoon season!
Fixed my periodic surging problem in the 87 with a brass mallet to the IAC, Works great! My frustration led to aggression. I'm not a violent person but now and then ya just gotta show the vette whos boss!
Has anyone relocated their fuel filter to a more convenient location? Thinking about stainless steel braided high pressure fuel line AN fittings and a 10 micron filter. Location/location/location where to put it.
Have a great day.
Posted on: 2010/7/24 15:11

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Fixed my periodic surging problem in the 87 with a brass mallet to the IAC, Works great! .

I remember as a kid a well placed bang on the top of the TV used to get it to work. Unfortunatelly the bangs became more frequent and a little harder till they didn't work anymore.

It's Hammer Time.

Posted on: 2010/7/24 15:55

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Lazy day so far, slept in royally. Gonna change the oil on the Vette and give it a quickie wash. Then I'm sure the honey-do list will kick into high gear.

Tommy, I have mentioned this before, but would encourage anyone who has aches and pains to order these:

http://triggerpointbook.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Thera-Cane-JMAS5000-Massager/dp/B000PRMCJU

I also woke up with a stiff/sore neck, but was able to get rid of it in under a minute using a technique from the book - *no, it didn't involve severing my head :-)*

Enjoy your Saturday, all!
Posted on: 2010/7/24 16:09

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Greetings! Lazy day so far, slept in royally. Gonna change the oil on the Vette and give it a quickie wash. Then I'm sure the honey-do list will kick into high gear.

Tommy, I have mentioned this before, but would encourage anyone who has aches and pains to order these:

http://triggerpointbook.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Thera-Cane-JMAS5000-Massager/dp/B000PRMCJU

I also woke up with a stiff/sore neck, but was able to get rid of it in under a minute using a technique from the book - *no, it didn't involve severing my head :-)*

Enjoy your Saturday, all!

I got the books last time you recommended them. I guess I should read them. LOL
Posted on: 2010/7/24 18:29

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

Has anyone relocated their fuel filter to a more convenient location? Thinking about stainless steel braided high pressure fuel line AN fittings and a 10 micron filter. Location/location/location where to put it.
Have a great day.

Several I've seen, but they were running their fuel lines behind instead of in front of the motor for different intake/fuel rail setups. Made more sense that way. It could be done with the stock rails, too. I'll look for some pics later. I think Aardwolf has it that way.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/7/24 19:05

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Well, no internet this morning, another thing I have to fix later.

Did the water heater last night. What a frickin PIA. I replaced the gas control valve and it immediately gave another error code. Fixed that and got another one! Geeze. Final code was for the ignitor. Supposed to ohm at 11-18, mine was like 500....neighbor had a good used one and he let me have it. So I'm back up and running 2 hours later.

Lots of storms around here. Serious flooding all around. Seems my neighborhood is ok.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/7/24 19:07

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I got the books last time you recommended them. I guess I should read them. LOL

Har! You could try putting them under the mattress and sleeping on them, but that probably won't help much ;-)

In my case, I find a sore neck is caused by a spot almost halfway down my back, a couple inches from the spine. It is quite a revelation to poke around where they suggest and find a spot that has a direct impact on the area where you are having pain.
Posted on: 2010/7/24 19:08

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

captmike13 Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Today was an ok day. Put the spare on the truck yesterday and today went to town and got four new tires for the truck.
Ended up getting some Bridgestone Dueler A/T. 285/75 R16 load range E. That is about all we got done today. Picked up a new mini fridge from Walmart. Now we have a little extra fridge storage that we really needed.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 1:11

captmike13@yahoo.com

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That reminds me, I ordered some Cooper Zeon 2XS tires for the Vette last night.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 1:38

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:
Today was an ok day. Put the spare on the truck yesterday and today went to town and got four new tires for the truck.
Ended up getting some Bridgestone Dueler A/T. 285/75 R16 load range E. That is about all we got done today. Picked up a new mini fridge from Walmart. Now we have a little extra fridge storage that we really needed.

I had Bridgestone Duelers on my Silverado and Yukon and was very happy with them. Good wear and deep tread. Do yours look like a street tire or off road tire? The street A/Ts were pretty quiet too.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 1:46

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
That reminds me, I ordered some Cooper Zeon 2XS tires for the Vette last night.

We expect a full report.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 1:48

captmike13 Re: Saturday Chat 07.24.10
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Here's a link to the tires that I put on Bridgestone dueler A/T Revo 2.
Posted on: 2010/7/25 15:33

captmike13@yahoo.com

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.