Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well I've got a busy day planned. Picked a whole bunch of peaches yesterday. Had to get the ladder out it's so tall. So We've given away a ton and still have 25 sitting in the kitchen. Probably get another 25 today. Need to get to HD and pick up some weed whacker string and maybe a few other little things. Also stop by the parts store for my cousin. He told me he needs an oil change and the door plunger doesn't work in his car, so I told him we'd take care of that. Tonight we're gonna take him out to dinner at a Chicago deep dish pizza place since he's never had it and wants to give it a go. Should be a good time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/7/27 12:27

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mmmmmmmmm, peaches! It's Tuesday, which means it is golf league day, which means we have a high of 95 with strong storms popping up here and there. Dodged 'em all on the way into the office this morning, but I doubt if my luck will hold.

Enjoy your day!
Posted on: 2010/7/27 12:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Not much here today. Uhmmmmm, fresh peaches sound good, Matt. We had our Men's night, last night, didn't win anything but I made better contact with the ball than I have all summer. I can't believe that August is almost here, school will be starting soon and I'm not ready for that.

I did get my contract the other day, and it was for more than I was expecting. So I went in to ask about what my take home was going to look like, and surprisingly, it's not that much less than last year. (considering, in order to continue teaching after retiring, I take a 20% hit on my contract) I should be getting my second retirement check on Friday. So with the retirement benefit and my regular check, I'll be doing pretty good. I have been pumping a pretty good chunk into an annuity the last several years and will continue to do so with my school checks and try to live off of my retirement. We still have a couple of years before the house is paid off, then we will be in pretty good shape. The retirement benefit is subject to Fed taxes but no State, so that works out pretty well.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 13:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Not much here today. Uhmmmmm, fresh peaches sound good, Matt. We had our Men's night, last night, didn't win anything but I made better contact with the ball than I have all summer. I can't believe that August is almost here, school will be starting soon and I'm not ready for that.

I did get my contract the other day, and it was for more than I was expecting. So I went in to ask about what my take home was going to look like, and surprisingly, it's not that much less than last year. (considering, in order to continue teaching after retiring, I take a 20% hit on my contract) I should be getting my second retirement check on Friday. So with the retirement benefit and my regular check, I'll be doing pretty good. I have been pumping a pretty good chunk into an annuity the last several years and will continue to do so with my school checks and try to live off of my retirement. We still have a couple of years before the house is paid off, then we will be in pretty good shape. The retirement benefit is subject to Fed taxes but no State, so that works out pretty well.

Excellent! I thought about the same retirement plan and returning to the classroom like you. School Corp wants my shop for a senior commons or 4 computer labs that would spell disaster to the shop. Once I retired and before I had a chance to be rehired as a Woods Teacher they would remodel it. I would have to wait 90 days before rehire.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 15:15

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

In Kansas, I have to be off 60 days. With my June 1 retirement date I'm good to go August 1 and we start school August 25.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 15:43

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

I interviewed a student teacher yesterday afternoon! He seems motivated but has concerns about the fate of the shop once I leave. I get the feeling at times I'm the thorn in the school boards butt! Won't be the first time I've been a pain in the ass!

We start school Aug 24.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 16:02

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Afternoon All,

I'm in the middle of a 3 day training course in Downtown DC (OMG). Its pretty cool class on Adobe After Effects, so any video editing classes I can get Uncle Sam to pay for works for me. However, class doesn't start until 10 am each morning and it has been taking almost 2 hours to get into town each day. Today I couldn't find parking at any of the "Metro" parking lots to take the tube into town. Finally I found a spot at a different station. I almost drove into town but decided against it at the last minute. Parking is $20 day in town at most garages if you can find a spot.

I did meet two couples on the train from Kentucky. They were here on vacation going down to see the monuments. We got talking about cars (imagine that) and one of the guys had owned three Corvettes in the past and wants to get another one for him bucket list! I gave him a card and told him to get in touch and I'd tell him where to get his information.

The wife and I are having differences on what to do for my 50th this weekend. I don't want to do anything and she wants to do a party! I guess I'll just go along with the flow as she seems to have done some preparation already. I really can't wait until this is over!!!!

Take Care and have a good day!
Posted on: 2010/7/27 16:09

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Yesterday I posted a picture or two of Jay's vette with the new torch red calibers. We had the fuel rail covers powder coated as well and I got the decals on them this morning. I am not happy with the decals and hope to find someone to paint the lettering instead. This afternoon it is off to the upholestry shop to get the new custom seat covers installed.
[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/andyminnich/fuel%20rail%20covers/100_1294.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/andyminnich/fuel%20rail%20covers/100_1291.jpg[/IMG]

Just about finished his 'to do list'. (I hope.)
Posted on: 2010/7/27 17:13

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

I sometimes think of going back to work but in reality I can work any time I want. The plant nursery could use me full time if I let it. So I'm happy just working less than 1 day a week. I'm busy every day and have something to do every day for the rest of my life. Today I actually took a personal day. Got up at the crack of dawn, got the boat ready and went fishing till noon. By then the fishing had turned off so we headed back in. I think it gets too hot even for the fish. The water temp was 85 the air temp around 93. Full sun , no clouds, no breeze. The boat ran really good for not being in the water since January. I had treated the fuel with Stabil and started it every few weeks to let it run a little. Seems to have worked pretty good. I could feel that the boat was loving it. For the crackers, we caught 1 red grouper, 2 strawberry groupers, 1 porgie, 2 hogfish, 1 gray snapper, 1 triggerfish and a gaggle of grunts. That equals a pretty good fishing trip.

Pizza sounds good Matt.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 19:45

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I sometimes think of going back to work but in reality I can work any time I want.

I sometimes think of going back to sleep but in reality I can get up any time I want

"I'm busy every day and have something to do every day for the rest of my life." - Me 2.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 19:51

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Pizza sounds good Matt.

Damn, now I'm hungry for pizza.

But I don't have the dough.

Attach file:

jpg  PerfectPizza350px.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/7/27 19:55

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Hey guys, I ran by the place where my advanced drafting class had drawn up plans for a remodel, just to see how it was moving along. I stopped and they were setting trusses. The contractor (actually he's a self employed carpenter and former student) has about 1 guy with any experience (another former student) and 4 with little or no experience helping him (two of them are former students). So I jumped in to help him. He says, "No Tom, you don't have to help, we've got it." But I could tell he really could use the help, of someone who knew what was going on. So I told him I would come back this afternoon and help them set trusses. So this afternoon, I've worked my butt off...I really enjoyed the work and I'm going back to help them tomorrow, try to finish setting the trusses. He was very appreciative.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 22:07

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Its always nice to help former students! Your a good guy Tom.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 22:13

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 07.27.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Put the front spoiler back on my mother's Saturn, which was ripped off due to a close encounter with a parking curb

Had these real weird springs holding it on so it would spring back.
Posted on: 2010/7/27 22:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I sometimes think of going back to work but in reality I can work any time I want.

I sometimes think of going back to sleep but in reality I can get up any time I want

"I'm busy every day and have something to do every day for the rest of my life." - Me 2.

Ya, that fishing trip took a little bit out of me. I had to take an hour and a half nap at 4:00 PM just to get myself back together again. Retiement has it's benefits though there are those that say they can sleep all they want when they're dead. I'll be one of the well rested ones when I get there.
Posted on: 2010/7/28 1:09

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Ya, that fishing trip took a little bit out of me. I had to take an hour and a half nap at 4:00 PM just to get myself back together again. Retiement has it's benefits though there are those that say they can sleep all they want when they're dead. I'll be one of the well rested ones when I get there.

Is this what I have to look forward too Tommy Naps! Holy crap not enough hours in the day now!
Posted on: 2010/7/28 1:19

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Damn, I'm one of "those". I get up at 5:30-6:00 And I've been quoted the sleep when you're dead thing.
Posted on: 2010/7/28 2:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Is this what I have to look forward too Tommy Naps! Holy crap not enough hours in the day now!

You and Tom are sleep when I'm deaders I think.
Posted on: 2010/7/28 2:39

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Yea, hard to slip in a nap standing on top of a house pulling trusses around.
Posted on: 2010/7/28 3:13

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Yea, hard to slip in a nap standing on top of a house pulling trusses around.

You can always slip in a quick power nap in the Port-O-Let.
Posted on: 2010/7/28 3:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.