Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
318 user(s) are online (270 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ZF6
A 6-speed manual transmission, standard from 1989 to 1996.

Very stout.

There are two distinct versions, the original “Black Tag,” 1989-E1...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm up at the crack of Dawn. I remember when that was fun. I liked Dawn. I was laying in bed thinking about what I was going to do today. Once you start thinking (not dreaming) might as well get up. I'll try to catch a snooze later today. (Already planning a nap. LOL) Another 60 days till I get to heaven. Nov-Apr in Florida. I'm starting the car clean-ups already. Wash, strip, wax, degrease, polish, shine, moisturize, It was hotter than a sonofagun yesterday. I'll be working outside again today and tomorrow. I have plenty of work cut out for me. I can never figure out how I did it while I was working full time. Have a great day everyone. Make a plan and stick to it.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 9:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Vetron87 Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Rainy high of 80 today, sound like a weather winky! Showing gluing techniques today, weeded out the trouble makers, going well now. Still have to beware of kids making sheeves out of oak. Better get out on hall duty so some little prick doesn't start a fight.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 11:40

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This, my amigo, is a weather winky.

Attach file:

jpg  pron-weather-reading.jpg (40.64 KB)
852_4c7f8ef796ccb.jpg 495X361 px
Posted on: 2010/9/2 11:48

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Last workday of the week for me, taking tomorrow off. Nice and soggy this morning, then it's supposed go be highs in the mid-60's and windy tomorrow - quite a change from the 90's we had a couple days ago.

I found a Pontiac G8 forum, so I'm seeing what kind of dirt I can find out about them - so far easily-chipped paint and lousy mileage sound like pretty common issues.

Have a great day, all!
Posted on: 2010/9/2 12:12

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
This, my amigo, is a weather winky.

LMAO... Tommy It's tough not to laugh in front of my class!!
Posted on: 2010/9/2 12:16

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Baby was a snot last night and kept waking up at 2:30 and 4:30 whining about various things. She just didn't want to sleep alone and magically ended up in our bed. You can only hold out for so long when you can't keep your eyelids in the up position.

Rain here, but I knew that so I got the grass cut yesterday. Won't be working outside at all now. Maybe I can sneak into the garage and tinker

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'm up at the crack of Dawn. I remember when that was fun. I liked Dawn. I was laying in bed thinking about what I was going to do today.

1) Don't let your wife find out about Dawn, she'll get jealous.
2) Don't let your wife find out about you doing anything today, she'll find something else for you to do.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/2 13:39

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Ah yes, the weather.
Since May, it rained on 2 days, IIRC
Since May there were about 7 days when it was really hot.
Yesterday it was 85 (think 79 with the heat index) and the a/c never kicked on.
My electricity and water bill for a/c (swamp cooler) increases $10 a month when it's hot.

Sucks to be me. :tongue:
Posted on: 2010/9/2 13:56

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

A/C been on since the beginning of August, average day time highs mid 90's
low ay night of 80+ 70-85% humidity.
Lake Michigan water temp is 85 near shore which can breed some nasty lake effect snows later on in DEC and Jan.
Today is rather nice, big shop door is open raining continuously since 6 am. Lawn is dryer than a fart.
The extremely hot, hot weather can cause severe undertows in Lake Michigan with waves well above 6'. Surfs UP
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:04

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys, I'm with Matt on this one, Dawn sounds like bad news, Tommy...... Ron....I didn't even try to not laugh, kids were looking at me strangely....so what's new? Finally getting into a little rhythm here. First middle school football game today, so they will probably be bouncing off the walls....I can't wait for the afternoon. (ha-ha)

Long weekend coming up, plans got changed last night. Supposed to get together with family at my little brothers, but Weds, my older brothers' wife's sister committed suicide...funeral Saturday. Apparently, no previous signs of problems, so they don't know why. So we will be attending a funeral and seeing most everyone who was to be at the little brothers place. Just not anywhere near the fun factor.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:12

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Tom sorry to hear about the suicide! Thats so sad.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:23

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Yea I know Tom, when Tommy posts stuff and I'm taking attendance and double click to the Gurus to check in, it is tough not to laugh especially when your principal is in the room.
Its tough to loose a loved one to suicide. It seems pointless to us, but to them it was to only way to cope. I'm truly sorry for your loss Tom.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

1) Don't let your wife find out about Dawn, she'll get jealous.
2) Don't let your wife find out about you doing anything today, she'll find something else for you to do.

Matthew

She always asks "What do you have planned?" I always say I have something to do every day for the rest of my life. Not what she wants to hear. She knows to ask me a few days to a week in advance so I can plan it. I hate doing anything NOW.

Quote:
BillH wrote:

Sucks to be me.

I tend to agree.

Quote:
Vetron87 said:

Lawn is dryer than a fart.

And tomorrow it could be wetter than a fart.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:34

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Wetter than the hersey squirts, or trouser chilli. Wet farts is/are trouser chilli
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:37

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Usually people are in the depths of depression. I've known several people personally that have taken their lives or attempted suicide for various reasons. It often leaves you to wonder. I'm not going to be able to do everything I want to do before my final day comes. There just wont be enough time, money or health. Sorry to hear of this terrible loss.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:48

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

It is interesting the amount of knowledge that I obtain on this forum. Some of it even Corvette related. Trouser chilli??? LOL! Dawn, Dawn, Dawn, I wonder where you ever ended up?

Have not a lot of plans for the weekend other to lay up and catch up on sleep. The rain the last couple of days has brought the 2010 crop campaign to an end. Now we wait for harvest and then the circle of life starts all over again in November with seed sales.

I think the odd noise in the engine bay on my 90 is the air pump gone bad so I am going to take it off and install an eliminator kit. Hope that's what it is. Have a good day Guru's! Keep your powder dry, pilgrims!
Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:55

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Afternoon Amigos!

I was stuck in the studio this morning recording narrations for yet another online course I'm working on.

Tom - Sorry for the loss. I wish the family well, I know it will be hard for them.

I had the marina pull my sailboat out yesterday. Cost me $265 which could have went to my Vette. Now it looks like we are not going to get the hurrican as bad here now. I could have just left her in the water and double tied her. I guess we could still get some serious tidal surges though. I'll make the best of it and go down and do some cleaning and work on the boat while its high and dry.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 16:00

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Usually people are in the depths of depression. I've known several people personally that have taken their lives or attempted suicide for various reasons. It often leaves you to wonder. I'm not going to be able to do everything I want to do before my final day comes. There just wont be enough time, money or health. Sorry to hear of this terrible loss.

Truthfully we probably all have had those moments where the shit has hit the fan and we feel lower than snake snot. But somehow we seem to emerge from our crap stronger. I had two cousins pull the plug on themselves because they didn't want to go to Vietnam, weeks later during the military draft their numbers were 285 and 310. No way they would have gone. Like Tommy said permanent solution to a short term problem.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 16:07

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Truthfully we probably all have had those moments where the shit has hit the fan and we feel lower than snake snot. But somehow we seem to emerge from our crap stronger. I had two cousins pull the plug on themselves because they didn't want to go to Vietnam, weeks later during the military draft their numbers were 285 and 310. No way they would have gone. Like Tommy said permanent solution to a short term problem.

I have always heard that if the person had waited 2 weeks it all might have looked different. What it shows me is the quiet desperation that a lot of folks live with. You gotta talk to someone. Friend, spouse, pastor, bartender, counselor, anyone that can encourage you to get the real help you need. It is a very selfish thing. I'm sorry your family is having to go through it Tom.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 16:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

TB - very sorry to hear about your family's loss. I had a very close friend commit suicide about 5 years ago. He was going through a rough patch, but not enough to do that. I still miss him and think of him often.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/2 16:55

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I not sure whether or not they have figured anything out, but she was always such a sweet gal, hard to believe that she had that many or that bad of problems. But who knows.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 17:42

Resized Image

zoe6 Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Tom I'm so sorry to hear about your sistor in law, its a terrible thing when a human being has to reach to those extreme measures to find peace. I would venture to say that all of us know someone close to us that have turned to suicide to quiet the pain. The loved ones left behind are the ones we need to hold on to and reassure.
Posted on: 2010/9/2 21:15

zoe6 Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Finished another 12 hour day, its raining and I'm going for a run around Notre Dame and listen to the ND Band practice the ND Victory March. I have to work on presentations for tomorrow and my boy friend is looking at a new Ford Truck, he has a Pontiac Grand Prix. I thinking Chevy Truck or Ram with a Hemi. Have a great night guys! Erin
Posted on: 2010/9/2 21:33

JrRifleCoach Re: Thursday Chat 09/02/10
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Today I came down from my holiday camping trip to honor a customers request for assistance. No big deal really, undate a few anti-virus programs and take care of some other annoyances. So the unit manager gets all bitchy and starts barking orders at me, for the most part puttin on her "BITCH".

Serves me right..... I'm heading back up the hill.

You guys have a safe holiday. :cheers:
Posted on: 2010/9/2 22:21
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

8pm, fricking long day, another school meeting,afterwords I watched our football team practice and get ready for tomorrow nights game. Notre Dame traffic is picking up for Sat. football game against Purdue. FedX del. my new wet suit after Saturdays recovery dive. My beautiful wife has made stuffed shells and a lots of wine. Erin has returned my laptop after something happened to the hard drive, damn I didn't know she could fix this stuff.
My ass is dragging, glad we have a three day weekend.
Posted on: 2010/9/3 0:13

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sitting here relaxing , balancing my checkbook and ......Ring ,,, Ring ,,,, Tree branch down at SILs house blocking the sidewalk and hanging on the fence. We were back and forth in about a half hour. Only goes to show; It's always somethin.
Posted on: 2010/9/3 0:40

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Back from watching the grandson play tonight. He played pretty well...there are only 20 boys out, so he played both ways. He made a difference in the game, forcing some plays making some things happen. They won 20-0.

BTW, I was right, the middle schoolers were bouncing off the walls in class. Dam* I'm glad there is not a game every day.
Posted on: 2010/9/3 2:02

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.