Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
254 user(s) are online (215 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Was a cool evening and I slept with the windows open. It was nice. Today is only up to 69, I think. I love fall weather. Although I like to swim in the summer, so I'll be sad to see it go. On that same topic, I won't be sad to see the damn mosquitoes go! Here's Don "Jerry Lewis" Haller's post from yesterday:

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

BUG BITES -- HA HA HA ---- Come visit me if you want to get some bug bites. My backyard borders a 700 acre or so Wetland. That's a nice word for swamp! We have all kinds of crawly and slithering things back there and flying ones too! The worst bugs are the itty bitty tiny mosquitoes. They can tear your ass up in just a few minutes if you don't have Deet or Off sprayed on. We have found some great little lanterns that keep them at bay and really seem to work. I could never, ever go into my yard bare-footed without spray for any period of time and expect to not get bitten up. If I get them real bad, I will take Benadryl tablets and spray on some anti-itching spray for the two or three days of the worst. I feel for ya Matt!!

Well....the mosquitoes that got me were the itty bitty ones...the young ones that live in the grass and aren't really flying. As far as having wetlands, here's a shot of my neighborhood. The marsh/pond/wetland is 200 feet from my driveway with a forest preserve behind it...so take that, Don!

Photobucket

And this is what those little bastages did to me. It's like this on both sides of each ankle:

Photobucket

Last night was pretty bothersome, as well. It seems at night once I lay down it gets worse. May have something to do with circulation. So I slept with some ice bags on them again. During the day my buddy at work convinced me to try Gold Bond Medicated lotion...that stuff works great. I've never tried it before. You put it on and after a couple minutes it turns cool and stops the itching for about 2-3 hours. I can't wait for this to go away.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/4 11:40

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'd put some Calamine lotion on it. It might not do anything but at least it would cover it up with some chaulky looking pink stuff. Thanks for sharing that pic.
Today I have to do a quick clean up around here then I hope to fill the rest of the day with doing as little as possible. Thanks to my Mom and the military I can't relax till I clean the place up a bit. I don't like to live like a .
Posted on: 2010/9/4 11:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This just in from The Guru Weather Center

Hurricane Earl wrought havoc up the Eastern seaboard with muliple reports of dislodged birds nests and thousands of reports of puddling and rattled windows. Weather-Guru will keep you posted on the latest as it becomes available.

Attach file:

jpg  Foul Weather Deflector Model.jpg (28.07 KB)
852_4c8238f2aa91b.jpg 354X400 px
Posted on: 2010/9/4 12:18

zoe6 Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Good Morning Gurus. Going tailgateing! GO PURDUE!!!!
Have a great day guys. Erin
Posted on: 2010/9/4 14:13

Vetron87 Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Was a cool evening and I slept with the windows open. It was nice. Today is only up to 69, I think. I love fall weather. Although I like to swim in the summer, so I'll be sad to see it go. On that same topic, I won't be sad to see the damn mosquitoes go! Here's Don "Jerry Lewis" Haller's post from yesterday:

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

BUG BITES -- HA HA HA ---- Come visit me if you want to get some bug bites. My backyard borders a 700 acre or so Wetland. That's a nice word for swamp! We have all kinds of crawly and slithering things back there and flying ones too! The worst bugs are the itty bitty tiny mosquitoes. They can tear your ass up in just a few minutes if you don't have Deet or Off sprayed on. We have found some great little lanterns that keep them at bay and really seem to work. I could never, ever go into my yard bare-footed without spray for any period of time and expect to not get bitten up. If I get them real bad, I will take Benadryl tablets and spray on some anti-itching spray for the two or three days of the worst. I feel for ya Matt!!

Well....the mosquitoes that got me were the itty bitty ones...the young ones that live in the grass and aren't really flying. As far as having wetlands, here's a shot of my neighborhood. The marsh/pond/wetland is 200 feet from my driveway with a forest preserve behind it...so take that, Don!

Photobucket

And this is what those little bastages did to me. It's like this on both sides of each ankle:

Photobucket

Last night was pretty bothersome, as well. It seems at night once I lay down it gets worse. May have something to do with circulation. So I slept with some ice bags on them again. During the day my buddy at work convinced me to try Gold Bond Medicated lotion...that stuff works great. I've never tried it before. You put it on and after a couple minutes it turns cool and stops the itching for about 2-3 hours. I can't wait for this to go away.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Try meat tenderizer on bite area. meat tenderizer and a little water. If you think your going into an infested area dust your shoes and socks with it. Little critters hate the stuff. Chef Ron
Posted on: 2010/9/4 14:33

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Prime example of a fall day. Cool(52)light wind, great break from the heat. Have another recovery dive today in St. Joseph Michigan. Looks like aboat party last night got a little nuts, lets see... 1 purse, gold necklace, diamond cocktail ring, Tag Heur watch and a special wine decorked thingyyy. Harbor is sandy bottom. Test out my new wet suit. My wife is going along to make sure no drunks are still on board that might decide to get cute when I'm below. Guys have a great day. GO NOTRE DAME (that'll get Erin going)
Posted on: 2010/9/4 14:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
Try meat tenderizer on bite area. meat tenderizer and a little water. If you think your going into an infested area dust your shoes and socks with it. Little critters hate the stuff. Chef Ron

If it doesn't work, at least your flesh will be easier to penetrate.
Posted on: 2010/9/4 14:49

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

zoe6 wrote:

Who are they playing? William & Mary?
Posted on: 2010/9/4 14:51

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

If it doesn't work, at least your flesh will be easier to penetrate.

And tasty too!
Posted on: 2010/9/4 14:52

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

zoe6 wrote:

Who are they playing? William & Mary?

Notre Dame, you can't go anywhere near campus the traffic is unbelieveable.
Posted on: 2010/9/4 14:54

bogus Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Welp... being a USC fan, I have to go with Erin on this one - GO BOILERMAKERS!

Matthew - your ankle picture is making ME itch... Calamine or Caladryl will help lots. Also amputation. You may need to get some DDT... or a smokey old lawn mower... something...

It's Saturday morning, time for my weekly breakfast with friends. We eat at this little place on the ocean. Very pleasent. The tradition started 20+ years ago, my former colleage, Bob, would have lunch with his friend Anson. I was invited and have been joining for some weeks now.

Time for some pancakes!
Posted on: 2010/9/4 15:21

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Damn! Matt, You took that ribbing pretty hard! I see you live on a swamp too!! Nice bites too. What Tommy said about the calamine lotion. I know its miserable. If I had some now we could really commiserate together.

I hope you feel better soon. Sorry for the dig... I really didn't mean it as such.
Posted on: 2010/9/4 19:39

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I just got back from doing my part to boost the economy, got a new winter beater:

http://bradprestonmusic.com/Photos/2010Maxima/index.html

I traded in my son's '03 Mazda Protege5 that was getting long in the tooth, and gave him my '04 Maxima, which only has 56K on it. It's been a great car, so I figured I couldn't go too wrong with another one. The manual for the nav/audio system is about an inch thick, so I have some light reading to do.
Posted on: 2010/9/4 20:13

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I traded in my son's '03 Mazda Protege5 that was getting long in the tooth, and gave him my '04 Maxima, which only has 56K on it. It's been a great car, so I figured I couldn't go too wrong with another one. The manual for the nav/audio system is about an inch thick, so I have some light reading to do.

That's a nice car. I've never owned a 4 door car but did have 4 door company cars for a long time.

I finished up repacking my 8 x 10 storage shed and cleaned out on 6ft x 3ft corner of the garage where I kept my angle iron, tubing, sheet metal,etc.
And I thought I'd only need one trip to the dump.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-02-09 02-21-47_0002.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/9/4 20:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hell, with what you have on the ground you could have built another shed.
Posted on: 2010/9/4 21:33

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Hell, with what you have on the ground you could have built another shed.

Yea, "I'll just save this 18in. 2x6 and this hunk of plywood, ya never know when you'll need it". Then it turns into a pile of crap covering up the 1 in. square tubing you're lookin' for and you end up in the truck headed to Home D.

I did get some of my steel and alum pieces to the point where I can see them.

If I get enough space cleared out, I can go back to perusing Craig's List.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-02-09 02-22-49_0004.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/9/4 22:02

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

And behind all the crap, I did find an origional 1967 spare tire (2 ply rated at 4 ply with no DOT markings).
Wide huh?

Attach file:

jpg  2006-02-09 04-23-28_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/9/4 22:14

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Wow, they were skinny back in the day!!
Posted on: 2010/9/4 23:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

zoe6 Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Good Evening Guru's Purdue needs to work on their passing game! Marve the Purdues Quarter back needs to settle down when in the pocket, Notre Dame looked good a few mistakes but hey its the first game. I'm fixing Mom and Dad dinner after his day of diving. Met a ND fan from Redondo Beach that works in Torrence, Cal.and a guy from Sweden. What did they have in Common you Ask besides ND Football! Corvettes of course. Neat.
Ah Mom and Dad are home now! I hate when he does recovery work, I'm always concerned he's gonna get hurt.
Tomorrow no work planning a trip to Michigan Wine country. Since the area has the same growing climate as Italy their wines are not bad. They are known for their Poinot grapes.
Well guys gotta mash potatoes and finish the baked steak. Have a wonderful night and great weekend. Erin
Posted on: 2010/9/4 23:51

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Evening gurus...Went to the funeral, it was nice and the pastor related a good analogy to judging about her demise. The best part of the whole weekend was driving the Corvette.

This evening we are spending time with the in-laws. Matt, my ankles have finally healed, hope yours heal quickly.
Posted on: 2010/9/5 0:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good evening gurus. Spent the day installing a dual oil filter setup for the truck. Cut some wood for the upcoming cool nights at the campground. All in all a nice day here in NW Arkansas.
Posted on: 2010/9/5 0:45

captmike13@yahoo.com

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

So sorry about your sister-in-law - man, that had to be rough.
Posted on: 2010/9/5 0:45

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 09.04.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Don...I didn't take it hard, I was just messin with ya

Brad - nice car! We have two nissan suvs, my fil has an altima, and my bil has a G35....so we like them

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/5 11:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.