Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
267 user(s) are online (239 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wednesday 01.05.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Busy as ever, just like the old days. This trend is to continue for quite awhile. I can tell. I saved some of the big chores for the cool months. The cool months are here. I have weeks of work with the wife. Top it off with visitors from the north to visit. A trip up to see Mom. I guess it will all culminate around the time of our next big vacation on April 30th. I know when summer comes I won't want to venture outside much to work so all I can do is "Get r'done". Have a good'n!
Posted on: 2011/1/5 12:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Well, you know what they say about idle hands - sounds like that won't be a problem for you ;-)

Same old, same old here - cold, dark and dreary. 53 days until Puerto Vallarta. Not that I'm counting.

Have a great day, everybody!
Posted on: 2011/1/5 13:08

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Cold and cloudy here too. A friend of mine and I went to a local joint last night for $2 Blue crabs and .25cent Oysters!
We knocked out a dozen and a half crabs and four dozen Oooosters. What a great way to spend a cold January evening.

Today... back to the grind again. I need to order some parts for Pete, but I have not been able to get away long enough to make the calls needed. I can't believe I didn't win the MegaMillion last night. I was counting on it so much.
Posted on: 2011/1/5 14:05

Ultraman Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Suns coming up and got cakes on the griddle, life can be a funny funny riddle, thank God I'm a country boy! Ever hear a song and can't get it out of your head? I always enjoyed John Denvers work.

Speaking of which I have a lot of it to do today. Its selling time in Ag so I have to be out getting it done, spring planting is just around the corner.

Still looking at vacuums and am beginning to narrow down the list. Everybody take care today!
Posted on: 2011/1/5 14:07

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Cold and cloudy here too. A friend of mine and I went to a local joint last night for $2 Blue crabs and .25cent Oysters!
We knocked out a dozen and a half crabs and four dozen Oooosters. What a great way to spend a cold January evening.

Today... back to the grind again. I need to order some parts for Pete, but I have not been able to get away long enough to make the calls needed. I can't believe I didn't win the MegaMillion last night. I was counting on it so much.

Used to get Blues in Hagerstown for $23 a bushel, they'd put newspaper down on the table and dump them in a pile.

I hit the MegaMillions last night.......aaaa..2 numbers.
Posted on: 2011/1/5 14:15

zoe6 Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Good Morning Gurus. On my way out of town heading for Chicago. Thought I would drop by and see my dad (vetron87) before heading out. Not use to his shop eMacs. Wow his wood shop is hugh! and his students are a little scary! I hope he retires this year.
Well guys its off to the Melrose and St.Charles Ill. Bright sunny cold morning. Take Care Guys. Erin
Posted on: 2011/1/5 14:40

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Cold and Sunny high of 27 today. My daughter came to visit me at school(see above). Hate when she travels! at least its a nice day!
Students are busy on CAD today coming up with their next project! Kinda quiet!
Well guys it looks like the laser printer is running out of toner. Damn. Catch up with you guys later.
Posted on: 2011/1/5 14:51

pianoguy Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2011/1/5 15:09

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Good morning.....I've been really busy this morning, as it sounds like many of you are. The Crabs and oysters sound delicious, Don. Shop classes working away, thank goodness. Dang it Marcus, now you've got me singing that song...... We didn't hit the Mega either. When it gets up there the high school teachers get a pot together and we bought about $100 worth. Oh well, next time. Tommy, I thought you were retired? I think that I'm glad that I decided to double dip and teach another year, I don't think I could handle retirement yet. Sounds like too much work.

Well the wife and I started thinking about remodeling our bath....thanks a lot Bill . It's a small bath but I'm going to build new cabinets, and put down tile. I spent part of last night doing drawings on the computer to test patterns out. I have a few small jobs lined up and that should keep me busy.

With me retiring this past summer I've not pushed too hard about doing a lot of extra work, because I'm, kind of, anxious to see what happens tax wise. Still not sure but we can start getting our stuff together for the accountant. My retirement benefit is not subject to state tax, but it is Federal. We'll see how it affects things, then I can decide how much extra work I want/need to do.

Got to hit the shop, I'll check in later.
Posted on: 2011/1/5 16:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Quote:

Holy Cow! I had no idea a Tuna could be worth that. 396K is pricy chicken of the sea!
Posted on: 2011/1/5 16:17

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Good morning.....I've been really busy this morning, as it sounds like many of you are. The Crabs and oysters sound delicious, Don. Shop classes working away, thank goodness. Dang it Marcus, now you've got me singing that song...... We didn't hit the Mega either. When it gets up there the high school teachers get a pot together and we bought about $100 worth. Oh well, next time. Tommy, I thought you were retired? I think that I'm glad that I decided to double dip and teach another year, I don't think I could handle retirement yet. Sounds like too much work.

Well the wife and I started thinking about remodeling our bath....thanks a lot Bill . It's a small bath but I'm going to build new cabinets, and put down tile. I spent part of last night doing drawings on the computer to test patterns out. I have a few small jobs lined up and that should keep me busy.

With me retiring this past summer I've not pushed too hard about doing a lot of extra work, because I'm, kind of, anxious to see what happens tax wise. Still not sure but we can start getting our stuff together for the accountant. My retirement benefit is not subject to state tax, but it is Federal. We'll see how it affects things, then I can decide how much extra work I want/need to do.

Taxes are a concern of mine as I look ahead and possible retirement this year. A lot of choices and they have to be the right ones.
Posted on: 2011/1/5 18:25

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

I have been pushing work the last three years also. Probably worked harder and smarter the last five years than the ten years prior. The more I worked the more people wanted work done.
I stopped a guy last summer that was on the corner by our mall begging for money, and asked him if he wanted a job? He said no that he could bring home 200-300 bucks a day doing what he was doing.
Damn sounds like a career move for me.
My teacher retirement is not subject to state tax,but federal like yours. Can be a tax nightmare.
Posted on: 2011/1/5 18:38

Matatk Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Got out this morning with my buddy and we did about a 7 mile trail ride. Man it was a lot tougher than it appeared! It was a mix of field/woods with some hills and a few spots of bad ice. My buddy wiped out once trying to turn on a bad patch. I thought I was gonna dump the bike on a fast downhill when I hit about a 18" rut in the trail but kept it upright. We were both beat at the end. I'm gonna get in a chest/tri workout now while the wife is off shopping.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

I can't believe I didn't win the MegaMillion last night. I was counting on it so much.

Especially since you already spent it on you new motor and trans!
Posted on: 2011/1/5 20:11

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Taxes are a concern of mine as I look ahead and possible retirement this year. A lot of choices and they have to be the right ones.

You'll figure it out. Ya know what they say "There's no way of escaping Death and Texas".
Posted on: 2011/1/5 21:04

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

176 floor tiles, I just numbered them & put em back in the boxes. Glad that part's done but I'm not looking forward to gluing & grouting.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-03-08 22-19-07_0004.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/1/5 21:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday 01.05.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My wife works way too hard for me not to help her. I have too much energy to just screw off all the time. Plus my guilt ridden Irish Catholic upbringing along with my with my wifes guilt laying Jewish princess roots would never let me just sit on the sidelines. I'm still making retirement adjustments. Some work is inevitable. I'm no couch potato.
Posted on: 2011/1/5 22:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.