Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
287 user(s) are online (251 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 01.10.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome back to reality folks, Monday morning.

Wife has to call the doctor today for rugrat #1. She developed a pretty nasty cough since yesterday and it's concerning. It's not a normal sniffles/cold cough, there is something underlying. So we'll try to get her in as soon as they can for a check up.

I've been looking at parts the last couple days but I keep holding off on buying stuff. I could easily drop $500 on junk right now...some stuff I need, some stuff I kinda need, some stuff I want but don't need I'm trying to distance myself a little from the Christmas bills so maybe next month I'll go on a little shopping spree.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/1/10 12:33

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mojo to your little one, Matt - hope she is feeling better soon!

Another weekend passed too quickly - I was just getting real good at sitting on my butt. Beyond a little high-wire act to change some light bulbs in a stairwell fixture, I accomplished nothing. The Mrs. made a killer batch of chili yesterday - I still have heartburn.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/1/10 13:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Nice Brad, nothing like a bowl of homemade chili with some grated sharp chedder and a handfull of chopped raw onions thrown in on top. Mmmmmmm! That's making me hungry! I better get a pot going.

Yeah Matt, you don't want to mess around with that. Lot's of broncites going around right now. Hope you can get her in and get some meds going today.

Woke up to about a foot of new snow and have been out making a path to the garage. It's the first snow we have had so can't complain much. Still.......I would rather be somewhere getting ready for a day of golf and driving my Vette.

The search for the perfect vacuum is over. After taking all the Guru's advice into consideration we ended up with a Dyson DC17. It is not a Ball type, we thought that was a little to weird for us midwestern conservatives. This thing will suck chrome off a bumper though and now even Ultraboy wants to vacuum. Which is all part of my evil plan. It's Monday so let's be about it Guru's, have a safe day!
Posted on: 2011/1/10 13:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I gotta see if I can find my vacuum, I know it'd here somewhere.

Nevada won the Kraft Bowl last nite. I actually watched the whole game.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:02

teebee Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning Guys....I had a message all done and forgot to "submit" it before I left for school (I guess, it's not on here) We are in the middle of a winter storm, although not bad enough to call school. Just enough to make a mess of things. It's my GS's 14th birthday today, was supposed to have a b-ball game, but because of the weather, I'm guessing that it won't happen.

Matt, there is some pretty nasty crap going around, best to have it checked out. Got to go bell is about to ring.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My wife spent the day visiting with an ill childhood friend. That left me all to my self. Since I can't sit when stuff needs to be done, I worked on the cars and the yard making them pretty. I quit around 5:00 and didn't feel like making dinner. Wifey came home around 6:30. I had just come back from the grocery store where I had picked up a fresh fried chicken combo meal. Chicken, cole slaw, potato salad and a small pack of Hawiian bread rolls for $10.95. We can eat twice off it and still have something left over. Whats more important is it tastes delicious.
My wife and I were sitting out back last evening talking about the dysfuctional members of families. We were discussing how every family seems to have a member (or more) that wreaks havoc upon other members of the family. Drugs, booze, mental issues, laziness. Actions of some of these people has resulted in us distancing ourselves from them and the chaos they create. Brothers, sisters, neices, nephews, cousins, and their offspring ..... My wife has long established we are not a bank and I back her up. Believe me when I say a short term loan is far from a solution to the ones I speak of. This isn't a little push to get them over the hump. This is them suffering from a lifetime of bad choices. Do I feel bad about it? Nah .... We're one of those that believe you made the bed you lie in types. I have told my son in the past when he was wreaking havoc. I'm not gonna support you. Start looking for a nice bridge to sleep under. He apparently got the message. Unfortuneately, so many others just don't get it. I'm not your fu(#!ng saviour. You are. Do something about it.

Sorry about the rant. Sometimes this stuff gets me a little riled up..... OK ..... I feel better now ......
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:15

Huskerland
14746 Posts

They cancelled school here today because of the snow Tom. Ultrawoman is a teacher and she loves the snow days. Of course so do the kids, go figure!

Bill, did you say you took all that tile back? What up with that? You know when we put new floors in the kitchen and dinning room we looked at a lot of options. We ended up going with a product called Dura Ceramic by Congolium. We like it a lot. It is warm to the touch not cold like the ceramic tiles but still looks like a ceramic tile. You have the option of butting them togeather or using grout and you know the problems you can have with grout over the years. If you are still in decision mode you might want to look at it. We like it!
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Oh ya. Almost forget. Stayed up late watching Portland play Miami in hoops. Overtime ...... I slept in a little to make up for it. I'm watching a little more b-ball this year. It's easier when your watching a winning team.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:22

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Yeah Tommy the Heat should win a lot of games when they all get their egos sorted out. I hear you on the bad choices, we have pounded that into our kids since day one. I know because I made some bad choices early but got cleaned up in time to fix it.

Nuts, now I'm hungry for fried chicken too!
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:36

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Bill, did you say you took all that tile back? What up with that?

Yep, I just decided I didn't like the color mix. I got in a bit of a hurry.
If I get smart (questionable), I'll wait until the countertops are in.

I'll take a look at the Dura.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:51

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Guys.. I'm late. What's new. Yup back to work this morning. I just sent out a message to my club that we are cancelling our meeting for tomorrow night because of the snow that is coming. Its supposed to hit the hardest at the evening commute. Great!!!

Matt - I hope your little when feels better soon. Also, if you want to be buying some parts, you can send some this way! I need... I need... I need.

Also you guys getting ready to buy a new C6 here is another incentive.

Since its introduction as a 2009 model, Chevrolet has offered customers who purchase a new Corvette ZR1 a two day, tuition paid, ZR1 Driving Class through either Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving (near Phoenix, AZ) or Ron Fellows Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain (outside of Las Vegas, NV) – the official Driving Schools of Chevrolet.
The two day ZR1 Driving Class offers customers a unique combination of in classroom and on track instruction that focuses on the intricacies of the Corvette, in general, and the ZR1, specifically. ZR1 customers who have participated in one of these sessions are not only impressed by the Corvette’s ability, but leave with a better understanding of their own driving skills.
For customers who take delivery of any new 2010 or 2011 Corvette model (coupe, convertible, Grand Sport or Z06) from January 4, 2011 through February 28, 2011, Chevrolet will offer these customers an opportunity to attend the two day ZR1 Driving Class at one of the two official Chevrolet Driving Schools of their choice. Eligible customers who elect to take advantage of this opportunity within one year of their delivery date will have their tuition paid for by Chevrolet to attend the ZR1 Driving School class. However, similar to the current arrangements for ZR1 customers, these eligible customers will be responsible for their accommodations (lodging, meals, etc.) and travel to and from either Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving (near Phoenix, AZ) or Ron Fellows Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain (outside of Las Vegas, NV).
Customers who purchase a new 2010 or 2011 Corvette ZR1 model during the program period will not only receive the two day paid tuition, but will receive an additional third consecutive day of tuition paid ZR1 driving experience.
Shortly after the delivery is reported to Chevrolet, eligible customers will receive literature through the mail outlining this special opportunity, and the enrollment procedure for the ZR1 Driving Class.
This special limited time offer is in addition to other current Corvette incentive programs. This offer cannot be exchanged for a cash value or additional vehicle discount.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I made some bad choices early but got cleaned up in time to fix it.

I continuously made bad choices till I finally figured out how much easier it is when you make good choices. Now I can sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor. My wife is a positive influence. Together we make a formidible foe against the forces of evil.

Attach file:

jpg  Super Tommy T-Bone.jpg (31.60 KB)
852_4d2b1eaa3c08b.jpg 574X574 px
Posted on: 2011/1/10 14:54

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

You cou;d team up with Marcus.

Attach file:

gif  Ultraman_e3.gif (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/1/10 15:03

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Your no slouch there yourself Billy-Boy. Nor some of our other regulars. ...... Survivors .....
Posted on: 2011/1/10 15:12

teebee Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Hey, I'm back for a short minute. Yea, we put DuraCeramic in the daughters addition we did a year ago. It has many good properties, wears well, easy to apply, warmer, etc. The wife suggested we look at it when we do our bath.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 15:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

1Fast04Vert Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

For the first time in 15 years I am shoveling snow this morning. We got about 6" during the night. Since I live in the country I don't have any sidewalks to worry about, just a very long driveway. Every school and most businesses around here closed for the day and probably will be closed tomorrow as well. Our local highway dept snow equipment is two guys in the back of a pick up with shovels to spread gravel.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 15:34

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Our local highway dept snow equipment is two guys in the back of a pick up with shovels to spread gravel.

Attach file:

jpg  Snow_Plow.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/1/10 15:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm rather surprised that guy doen't have a beer holder on his handlebars.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 15:57

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
For the first time in 15 years I am shoveling snow this morning. We got about 6" during the night. Since I live in the country I don't have any sidewalks to worry about, just a very long driveway. Every school and most businesses around here closed for the day and probably will be closed tomorrow as well. Our local highway dept snow equipment is two guys in the back of a pick up with shovels to spread gravel.

This was me this morning cleaning off the driveway.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 16:42

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

You could team up with Marcus.

I look just like that, amazing! (fixed it for ya)
Posted on: 2011/1/10 16:45

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

World's Largest, What

We don't mess around in the Sierra's.

Attach file:

jpg  3373571541_84b245b7eb.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/1/10 16:48

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
This was me this morning cleaning off the driveway.

R U Sure this wasn't you?

Attach file:

jpg  imagesCA81VP9X.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/1/10 16:49

Huskerland
14746 Posts

LOL! It's quite liberating actually and a great way to wake up fast!
Posted on: 2011/1/10 16:57

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning Gurus. No School Today. South Bend area had a record setting snow storm Saturday. 43" in 24 hours with blowing and drifting. Since a large majority of our students walk to school and with the side walks drifted shut kids would be walking in the streets. More snow on the way tonight with another 10-12".
I have a 6 1/2' Western Plow on my S-10 and twelve small business lots that I keep clean. Needless to say I have been busy. This fall I bought a 60 gal fuel tank that sits in the bed of the truck and the stock 16 gal keeps me plowing for 7 hours.
Well guys I need to gas up and check fliuds and head out again. I also have 8 driveways to do. Sun is out. Can scrape a few troubled lots (high Traffic) to bare pavement.
Catch up with you guys later.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 17:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hell Ron, you do just about everything but run the city government. (Maybe you do)

There's a hat for that ......

Home maintenance
Home refurbishing
Metalwork
Woodwork
Scuba Diving
Plowing
Teaching
and a few others I'm sure

Looks like you and TB have a lot of bases covered.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 19:22

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Snow mojo to you Plains guys!

A co-worker tells me these gals are student teacher's at his daughter's school:

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2009/01/minnesotas_conj.php
Posted on: 2011/1/10 19:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Snow mojo to you Plains guys!

A co-worker tells me these gals are student teacher's at his daughter's school:

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2009/01/minnesotas_conj.php

Nevermind ....... I'm just a really sick bastard.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 19:50

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Hell Ron, you do just about everything but run the city government. (Maybe you do)

There's a hat for that ......

Home maintenance
Home refurbishing
Metalwork
Woodwork
Scuba Diving
Plowing
Teaching
and a few others I'm sure

Looks like you and TB have a lot of bases covered.

It feels that way at times! Maybe I have Adult Attention Deficit/Adult Hyper Activity/Hate Television Syndrome/and finally doing jobs no one else wants!
Posted on: 2011/1/10 20:49

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Both fuel tanks in the truck are full, waiting for the next snow event possibly late tonight. Started the 87 and Erin's ZO6 I really miss nice weather. Mice had made a nest in Erins engine bay. I think they have become immune to Decon, at least they have good taste. The shop is heated by waste engine oil and fuel oil 50/50 mix. Behind the shop is a small greenhouse that my wife starts her flowering plants in March, the warmth from the shop interior attracks deer to the common wall of the greenhouse. Cool, we have deer, mice, owls, badgers and birds what a zoo!
Well, guys taking my beautiful wife to early dinner tonight, need to get some hydraulic fliud. Catch ya later
Posted on: 2011/1/10 21:19

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Mice had made a nest in Erins engine bay. I think they have become immune to Decon, at least they have good taste.

I have one of those metal box "live" traps in the shop. Works really well though the mice may not be alive when you check it.
When I first had a problem, I had a chit load of mice.
Now, I only get a couple a year.
I load them with peanut butter.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 21:57

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 01.10.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Ron check out this article...I've always heard dryer sheets work best:

http://www.hagerty.com/lifestyle/hobby_article.aspx?id=61110
Posted on: 2011/1/11 2:57

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

A Polite Way to Call Someone a Bastard

A guy was getting ready to tee off on the first hole when a second golfer approached and asked if he could join him The first said that he usually played alone, but agreed to the twosome.

They were even after the first few holes. The second guy said, "We're about evenly matched, how about playing for five bucks a hole?" The first guy said that he wasn't much for betting, but agreed to the terms.

The second guy won the remaining sixteen holes with ease.

As they were walking off number eighteen, the second guy was busy counting his $80.00. He confessed that he was the pro at a neighboring course and liked to pick on suckers. The first fellow revealed that he was the Parish Priest.

The pro was flustered and apologetic, offering to return the money. The Priest said, "You won fair and square and I was foolish to bet with you. You keep your winnings."

The pro said, "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

The Priest said, "Well, you could come to Mass on Sunday and make a donation. And, if you want to bring your mother and father along, I'll marry them."
Posted on: 2011/1/11 4:00

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sorry to hear about the mice in Erin's car, Ron - hopefully they just found a temporary home and didn't do any damage.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 4:02

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
And, if you want to bring your mother and father along, I'll marry them."

What are you suggesting here? The priest goes both ways?
Now a priest want to marry a couple. Just when I thought it couldn't get any stranger ...... it does.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 4:50

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Ron check out this article...I've always heard dryer sheets work best:

http://www.hagerty.com/lifestyle/hobby_article.aspx?id=61110

I decided before I left to find the entrance hole the little mice where getting in and poured antifrezze around and near the hole. Stuffed steel wool soaked in antifrezze by garage door seal next to the corners.
Never thought about dryer sheets. Mice didn't do any damage to Erin's engine bay just a few mouse turds and bits of a mirco fiber towel. They like Carnuba Wax.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 19:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.