Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
232 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  HUD
HEADS UP DISPLAY. A DIGITAL PROJECTED DISPLAY ON INSIDE OF WINDSHIELD CONTAINING VEHICLE INFO SUCH AS SPEED, ENGINE TEMP, RPM, ETC. FOR DRIVER INFOR...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 03.12.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33791 Posts

Good Morning (stretch)(yawn).
Gonna try to do what I was gonna do yesterday today. Let's just say I got sidetracked (involuntarily). Today I was hoping to go cruising in the perfect drop top, go for a ride weather. I might get to go later but it's unlikely. Wifey is doing another plant show today with The Native Plant Society. That should give me some uninterupted time to actually get something done.

Got to get going ...... daylight is burning.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 12:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22808 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Got my injectors back from Jon yesterday! I'm happy about that. Looking forward to reinstalling them some time this week.

Got a lot of other little projects to do. I'm hoping I can start driving the car in April if the weather starts to cooperate. I really have to look harder for an exhaust system, I guess.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/12 12:44

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12382 Posts

Good Saturday morning guys....At least I hope Saturday is better than yesterday was. Let's just say it didn't go too well and I didn't sleep well last night.

I have lots to do today and plan on getting started right away. Work in the shop, moving a bunch of stuff from one storage place to another and then this afternoon I am a sponsor for one of my high school students being confirmed. The Bishop will be here so it's quite a big deal.

Well I hope everyone has a great Saturday.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 13:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

It's Saturday and I'm going to take great joy in washing my dishes...in a machine,not by hand...my new appliances are finally working...for now.

My poor, neglicted C4 gats the sawdust blown off, a good wash and detail.
Then I have to vacuum the garage floor.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 14:33

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Just looking at some more pics on CNN from the quake - unreal. I can't even begin to imagine what those people are going through.

I was going to clean the garage and steam-clean the floor today in anticipation of bringing the Vette home soon. But I woke up to 15 degrees and a coating of snow, so my buzz has been harshed. I'll probably have to put it off for a few days. At least I'm starting to browse around for parts, etc. so I'm getting in the mood. I always look forward to driving it home from storage, feels like the first time.

Enjoy your Saterday, all, and be grateful for solid ground.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 14:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

PeteK Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Good morning all. Have not been around much lately. Busy, busy. Hope to make it home by midnight tonight. Going to wander around Houston for a few hours, and try to pick up one of the new I-Pad's. Happy Saturday.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 14:48

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14775 Posts

Good morning, I'm mr. fix-it today with a long list of things in the house that need tending to. Then its work on the 90 for a little bit, I am taking out the disty and seeing where the oil leaks are coming from.

Then its off to the star city for dad and daughter night at my daughters sorority. We eat at the house then its off to a night of bowling. I hope I can break my 120 avg. Bowling never was my thing. Fun will be had I'm sure.

Let's git er done today boys, have a good day!
Posted on: 2011/3/12 14:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Too!! I have some errands to run and then I'm going to hopefully get down to the garage some today, but also have work to do to get ready for our Autocross coming up in April. I'm still working on the Online Registration stuff and learning how to use the new timing equipment and software so there is no problems on race day.

Pete - I'll see you tomorrow sometime between 12 and 1 pm. If anything changes and you can't work that let me know before 0700 Sunday. Have a safe and good flight home. Enjoy the pad! I'm thinking about getting my wife either the iPad or the new Motorola Zoom. It looks pretty cool too.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 15:30

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Do you guys know that Lowes and Home Depot both give 10% discounts to military (active and vets)? I just found out last week and when I went to get the wood for my daughter's fence this moring I saved her a bunch. Sure wish I had known about it years ago. All I had to do was ask for the discount at the register and show a military ID.

Nice day here today and even nicer tomorrow. Heading outside to do some spring clean up, put the mulching kit on the Cub Cadet and maybe split some more firewood. Thinking about taking the Vette to the track tomorrow.

Everyone have a nice day.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 17:13

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22808 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Then its off to the star city for dad and daughter night at my daughters sorority. We eat at the house then its off to a night of bowling. I hope I can break my 120 avg. Bowling never was my thing. Fun will be had I'm sure.

Sounds like me...I think I bowl about a 90 average! Lol.
Posted on: 2011/3/12 22:45

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33791 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Do you guys know that Lowes and Home Depot both give 10% discounts to military (active and vets)? I just found out last week and when I went to get the wood for my daughter's fence this moring I saved her a bunch. Sure wish I had known about it years ago. All I had to do was ask for the discount at the register and show a military ID.

You mean retired vets? All I have is a DD 214. No ID's. Don't think I qualify.

Pump house is done. Wifey wanted me to do it with unused or recycled lumber that we had. There wasn't a square corner on the frame. The 2"x6"s were scewed. All the exterior had to be cut to fit. I did make it 48" by 43" so at least I made 1/2 sheets work. Made it with 2"x4"s. 2"x 6"s some painted 5/8ths plywood, some 1/2" plywood and a half sheet of T1-11. Used screws and tapcons that we had in the sheds. Money spent zero. Tom and Ron could have had it done in a couple hours. I killed the day with it LOL.
Posted on: 2011/3/13 0:16

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 03.12.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12382 Posts

Yea, maybe, but you DID it! Think of the satisfaction.
Posted on: 2011/3/13 4:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.