Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
300 user(s) are online (266 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 04.25.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

A little wet and dreary out today, but yesterday was nice weather to spend with the family on Easter. We went to my wife's aunt/uncle's house for a family get together. It was nice. Lots of little ones running around and playing, so I like when the kids get to experience that. Didn't gorge myself but the food was good.

I did my front brake pads yesterday on the xterra. I had some autozone ceramic ones on there that lasted about 33,000 miles. Not great, I thought. I did a little more research before the new ones and I selected the raysbestos professional grade. Cost difference was only $3 or $4 more than the crap auto parts pads when I ordered them offline. As far as the install, they came with new hardware which I thought was nice. Installed without a hitch. I also bled the front calipers while I was at it. Fluid was pretty dark coming out so it was a good idea. Once I took the truck out to bed the pads in, I was immediately impressed. After about the third panic stop, I was able to lock up the abs on dry pavement. So far I'm very happy with the stopping ability. I think I'll be using raysbestos professional grade for all my future brake jobs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/25 11:37

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Tick-tock goes the clock. Busy week ahead. Signed up with the attorney Saturday. He's going to see what is holding up the the process on that house we bid on. He suspects some behind the scenes shenanigans. He's also going to look into the legal background on the burnt house next door to the the nursery. We've been waiting for a couple of years for that one to hit the market. Pretty much just seeking information. We signed up for a set price so there won't be any mystery. Turns out the attorney and his wife know some of the same people my wife knows. Both commented about it being a small world.

Posted on: 2011/4/25 12:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yea, busy week ahead.

My birds are still asleep.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 12:14

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Reminds me, I have a squeaky brake on the Vette I need to attend to one of these days. It's supposed to be nice here today, sunny and mid-60's. Only one day of summer - tomorrow back to rain and 40's. I may go to a little cruise-in tonight for a bit if the weather holds out.

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/4/25 12:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

crash Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. went turkey hunting fri and sat. no turkey. heard two and tried to call them in but they were stubborn and didnt fall for my call, oh well i tried. not much going on here. that toronado that came through on fri and tore the crap out the airport and surounding areas. my sons house was in the middle of it. they had a big tree and fell and broke the gas line to the house. the fire dept made them evac the house and area. the whole neighborhood got tore up bad. the only damage they had was the gas line. but the rest of the hood got ripped up bad.
well have a good day gurus
rich
Posted on: 2011/4/25 12:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sorry to hear of the tragedy Rich. Hopefully there was no loss of life. Everything else can be rebuilt, replaced or discarded. I still get stirred every time I see images of natural disasters. Being a ground zero Hurricane Andrew victim I know first hand of the despair and the length of recovery time of such and event can require. Living in a scarred neighborhood could take over a decade to return to a state of normalcy if ever. It's not for the weak of character. Hope all goes well for all our brothers and sisters this season that live in tornado alley.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 12:54

j3studio Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all.

Rich, best of luck getting things back to normal.

The thing that most amazed me about these latest tornados was the destruction at the St. Louis airport. I think they were lucky not to lose any aircraft, but I'm also impressed at how quickly they've gotten back up and running.

Kind of makes the fact that the check engine light came on this morning on the daily driver look like small potatoes ...
Posted on: 2011/4/25 13:18

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Oh Tommy I almost made the mistake of clicking on the Small World song. Next Wed I would still be singing it. Good Morning Guru's cloudy and cool here with a chance for rain. They say Thursday will be the first sunny day with no chance of showers we have had for a long time.

I did go for a nice drive in the Vette yesterday. So far so good except for the chk engine light that comes on after the car warms up. Rich I am glad your people did not get hit any worse then they did. Tis the season if you live in Tornado country.

Back to work after a nice Easter day with family. Lots of food and movies to watch. I watched the movie Runaway about a train that gets loose in Pennsylvania. It was pretty good. Gotta go have a safe day guru's.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 13:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Good morning guys...the people of the St.Louis area were very lucky that no one was killed. EF4 tornadoes are big and dangerous. Thank God your son was spared much damage. Natural disasters are almost unbelievable in the type of damage that they bring.

Well, guys about the time we went to bed last night we started to hear some rumbling and seeing some lightning, this morning when we get up we find that it has rained....Yes it finally dropped some of that liquid substance. Not a lot, but we did get some and it's supposed to sprinkle and mist most of the day.

Back at school today, but I am having a short week, as I am leaving for KC as per requested by my daughter as there is some type of meeting that she wants me there for.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 14:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

1Fast04Vert Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Looks like a fairly nice day here. I have been working outside since I got up, breaking up a concrete slab and hauling the pieces away. Why they had to pour it 10" thick just for a car parking spot is beyond me.

My daughter is leaving for St. Louis area this morning as part of the State Farm catastrophy response team. She will be there for at least 3 months writing big checks and helping out SF customers.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 14:38

smooth Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Best of luck on the Tornado clean up. What Wacky weather....do we normally get them comming through Md? We rarely see them in Pa., at least in the Philly area. Matthew may have seen some in the center of Pa as I recall He was there for awhile.

Brad, Sorry I missed wishing you and your lovely wife a Happy Anniversary. We're up to 26 yrs in august. Its a rarety as lot of marriges don't last 7 to 10yrs (present company accepted of course!)

Nice Sunny day.......Enjoy Gurus!
Posted on: 2011/4/25 16:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Gurus know, if you find a woman that will put up with you, you better keep her. It's either that or you move by the mountains outside of Reno or build an RC track in your back yard for entertainment. Unless you married a cheating whore. Then the best thing might be to move on.

Don't ask me why I wrote that. I don't even know.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 17:48

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
It's either that or you move by the mountains outside of Reno

Funny you should mention that, I just happen to moved to the mountains outside of Reno after my second engegement broke off. I found a lot of women, just didn't keep them.

But here I can sit on my deck and admire the view if I want to and when I want and drink a beer if I want to without hearing "Honey!!!".

And I don't ever have a "Tommy Do" list. Or have to put palm trees on the seat of my Corvette.

It's sooooo peaceful.

Attach file:

jpg  881_4a1ff6de818fb.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/4/25 19:43

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Aquavet wrote:
We rarely see them in Pa., at least in the Philly area. Matthew may have seen some in the center of Pa as I recall He was there for awhile.

I remember one in central Pa. but it was a loooong time ago.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 19:44

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

What a busy day! I started at my Andrews AFB offices finishing up the packing and then my boss and I drove the 45min or so down to Quantico, VA to unpack and set up all our equipment. I love the new diggs but they are just a bit far for my likes. I did drive through Will's area of Woodbridge, VA on the way down and will need to visit him this summer on my way home from work one night when he is racing or just hanging out.

It took almost two hours to get home tonight. Thanks God I only have to go in once or twice a month now.

I see we got another new member today!! Great to bolster the rolls with a friend of a regular member!

Well, I'm going to see what trouble I can get into in the garage. Have a good evening.
Posted on: 2011/4/25 22:56

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Aquavet wrote:
We rarely see them in Pa., at least in the Philly area. Matthew may have seen some in the center of Pa as I recall He was there for awhile.

Probably thinking of Bill who lived there a while, although I have family outside of Philly
Posted on: 2011/4/25 22:58

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
And I don't ever have a "Tommy Do" list. Or have to put palm trees on the seat of my Corvette.

Actually that was my choice. I wanted to go for a ride, she wanted me to deliver a tree. I accomplished both. A compromise.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 1:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

If you look close on the passenger seat you can see the tree.

Attach file:

jpg  IM000078.JPG (201.48 KB)
852_4db61fcf3c2a3.jpg 640X480 px
Posted on: 2011/4/26 1:28

crash Re: Monday Chat 04.25.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

thanks for the well wishes gang. the son says their home is ok but alot of them around him are trashed. yes it was amazing how fast they got the airport back up and going. ther were a couplpe of planes that had some damage but nothing real big.
rich
Posted on: 2011/4/26 13:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.