Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
290 user(s) are online (263 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

rklessdriver I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

"rklessdriver" was a funny internet handle when I was 25yrs old and the internet was just a baby. But now that I'm 36yrs old and haven't had a ticket or racing conviction on my driving record for like 7-8yrs (and yes my last was a No lo/PJC plea for street racing), I'm thinking of leaving him behind and starting over. I want him to live on in the internet thou, thru some one else, so I'm thinking of selling him to someone more deserving.

For only $XXXX you can be "rklessdriver" on the internetz. This all inclusive package includes memberships to over 10 premier automotive and firearms related internet websites, a hot mail account and full access to the wealth of engine building, drag racing, shooting and all other post I have made over my past ten years as rklessdriver.

Imagine sitting at your keyboard, logging in and roaming the internet at will with the confidence that you are indeed the internet legend that I have carefully crafted all these years. Cloaked as rklessdriver, everyone will listen to what you have to say on the subject - whatever that subject is. Pretend you are a Marine Corps veteran of 10yrs with 2 combat tours under your belt when you log on to any number of firearms enthusist websites and make recomendations on what the perfect bug out ammo is. OR be confident that someone is going to buy whatever camshaft you recommend for his 1976 AMC Pacer...

Not sure what to say when someone sends you a panick PM about what headgasket will give him .036 quench on a GENII LT1 engine?? If you can - picture immersing yourself in the thousands of archived post I have made on everything from normally aspriated SBC rod brg clearance to the meaning of life. The answers are there and a quick search will supply you with anything you might need.

Gain valuable insite into the real life experiences of one of the internetz most knowlegable entities. Ever compete in a professional racing org like the IHRA, NMCA or NMRA?? Have you yourself ever built racing engines?? Does your family run one of the most respected racing engine shops in the country?? Have you ever taken $2500 from a guy you talked into giving you 2 lengths and the hit just before lining your cars up in an illegal street race, that only moments before was a heads up start?? Of course YOU don't/haven't/won't ever!! But everyone on the internet will think you do/did/have.

Special time only!! For only $XXXX more - I will sell you a copy of my driving history complete with unlawful racing, speeding, rklessdriving and eluding police convictions that date back to 1995in 4 different states. Tantalize your friends with stories (only you can dream up) about the all times you didn't get caught....

I could go on but it's too easy.

LOL... shoot me a PM if your interested.
Will
Posted on: 2011/5/12 22:11

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Ok... I'll bite What will your next handle/identity be?
Posted on: 2011/5/12 22:30

TommyT-Bone Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

HHHmmmm. Being Tommy T-Bone buying rklessdriver would give me a new identity too. This could be invaluable. No one would know it was me posing as you. Just because my tech responses would be non exsistent doesn't mean I couldn't make a good poser. Just can't get the thought of the minister claiming to be a Seal out of my head though. Guess I'll have to pass.
Posted on: 2011/5/12 22:58

BillH Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

Well, it won't be West Virginia Mountain Mama, John Denver already has that one.
Posted on: 2011/5/12 23:18

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Will, I have an extra fitty cent burning a hole in my pocket, please PM me your Social Security number and any credit card numbers that are not maxed out.
Posted on: 2011/5/12 23:20

bogus Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

This makes me wonder what the handle "bogus" is worth?

Good luck with this...
Posted on: 2011/5/12 23:26

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

rklessdriver Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Forgot to add that if you hit the "buy it now button" on both options, I'll throw in a Photobucket account at no additional charge.

Quote:
HHHmmmm. Being Tommy T-Bone buying rklessdriver would give me a new identity too. This could be invaluable. No one would know it was me posing as you. Just because my tech responses would be non exsistent doesn't mean I couldn't make a good poser. Just can't get the thought of the minister claiming to be a Seal out of my head though. Guess I'll have to pass.

Tommy-
Don't let a little white lie/FEDERAL violation of the stolen valor act dissuade you from becoming a total internet legend.

Once you become rklessdriver, feel free to embellish my military service record how YOU see fit.

It's not like it's big deal. When you talk to people who were in the military - They were always Seals, Force Recon, Sniper, Delta Force, Ranger ect.... No one was a Cook, Admin, Motor Transport... hell most of them can't even say regular Infantry or Tracks or Arty or Motorman...

I was a Rifleman (regular Infantry) that 6yrs into my career lat moved to Communications. Smartest thing I EVER did.... But hey if YOU want to mold that into Recon sniper/Comm guy... it'll be cool with me.

Quote:

Something less obnoxious and lower profile.... I'm too lazy to figure it out so I'm gonna have to keep being rklessdriver... unless someone else wants to be him more than me (I take Pay Pal).
WIll
Posted on: 2011/5/12 23:33

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

This won't be hard, Will, may I present your new handle:

Fecklessdriver
Posted on: 2011/5/12 23:41

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Taxidriver ?

Attach file:

jpg  taxi.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/5/12 23:57

Ultraman Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Screwdriver? Piledriver? Busdriver?
Posted on: 2011/5/13 0:08

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Ok, so I can see how being "rklessdriver" may be too limiting in scope for some of you.

How about I become you....

I feel like I'm about to tap into an emerging social networking technology like no has ever done before.

Say your online profiles aren't productive enough. Don't have any repsect online?? Are you a newb on a site and just can't seem to get in the swing of it?? Getting bullied and pushed around by more experienced and online savy persons??

This is where I come in.

For a fee, I will log on as you and provide whitty, informative and intelligent post on any subject. Be assured each and every one of YOUR post will be thoughly researched before I hit submitt (I've never been wrong on the internetz and I'm not about to let YOU be wrong). In no time you're profile will be a solid, productive member of whatever web site you've joined. After I'm done all you have to do is sit back and chime in whenever you feel like it with the full knowlege that everybody knows you know what your talking about and if by chance your wrong it's like a total fluke.

How about facebook? Now rklessdrive dosen't have a facebook account. Thats right, I'm too busy shooting, camping, hiking, fishing, wrenching on my car, racing my car and working.... But for a fee I will become you on facebook.

Since you'll be paying me to be you, I'll be free to quit my job and spend all my time taking photos of all the cool stuff I will be doing alot more of. In no time YOU can be posting pictures of that awesome group you shot at the range today, or that 12pt buck you brought down, maybe some awesome video's of your day at the race track or a sweet 10lb large mouth bass you caught last week. The possibilities are endless...

Remember I'm WORKING for you now and if YOU want to take a trip to the Riviera, I'm... I mean you are going to have some sweet photos of those French beaches come next week....

My interest are varried but mostly ceneter around making more $$$$, so I'll gladly attend non manly things like horse races, dog shows, cat shows... to show your diversified in your activities.

Lets not forget twitter. With my experise in information management, while your actually slaving away at a job you hate (like always), You'll have one less thing to distract you from the work you hate because I'll have all your followers fixated for that next whitty tweet. Think "Charlie Sheen Winning"

The online life of your dreams is only a click away.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 0:30

Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Quote:
Screwdriver? Piledriver? Busdriver?

Quote:
This won't be hard, Will, may I present your new handle:

Fecklessdriver

Quote:
Taxidriver ?

LOL

All very good options.
Will
Posted on: 2011/5/13 0:34

CSS996 Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

SHIT!!!!

I just spent all my coin becoming The Dread Pirate Roberts!!!!
Posted on: 2011/5/13 1:00

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Muffdiver?......er driver.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 1:16

Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
SHIT!!!!

I just spent all my coin becoming The Dread Pirate Roberts!!!!

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/mana ... dread-pirate-roberts.html

As you can see I have researched this subject indepth and were I currently in your employ... I would have on order:

http://www.noisebot.com/i_am_the_dread_pirate_roberts_t-shirt.htm

All subsequent photos/video of me (YOU) - fishing, racing, camping, shooting, hiking, cheering the Yorkshire Terrier at Wesminster (Rule 1), jeering the Scottish Deer hound at Wesminster (RULE 6) will have me (YOU) in this shirt there by solidly holding down RULES 3 and 5.

As you can see I take my work seriously (RULE 4) and am more than up to the task of being a better, more exciting YOU (RULE 2).

Next time think before you act (Spend all your coin on something other than ME). I could have done this much better for you than you ever could have done by yourself.
Will
Posted on: 2011/5/13 2:04

vetteblondie Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Muffdiver?......er driver.

hired.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 2:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

crash Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

YEAH BLONDIE-NO MUFF TOO TUFF HE DIVES AT 5:00
Posted on: 2011/5/13 2:49

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Will: I'm speechless!!!!

Letty: I'm unemployed!!!! ;)
Posted on: 2011/5/13 2:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

rklessdriver wrote:
Ok, so I can see how being "rklessdriver" may be too limiting in scope for some of you.

How about I become you....

I feel like I'm about to tap into an emerging social networking technology like no has ever done before.

Say your online profiles aren't productive enough. Don't have any repsect online?? Are you a newb on a site and just can't seem to get in the swing of it?? Getting bullied and pushed around by more experienced and online savy persons??

This is where I come in.

For a fee, I will log on as you and provide whitty, informative and intelligent post on any subject. Be assured each and every one of YOUR post will be thoughly researched before I hit submitt (I've never been wrong on the internetz and I'm not about to let YOU be wrong). In no time you're profile will be a solid, productive member of whatever web site you've joined. After I'm done all you have to do is sit back and chime in whenever you feel like it with the full knowlege that everybody knows you know what your talking about and if by chance your wrong it's like a total fluke.

How about facebook? Now rklessdrive dosen't have a facebook account. Thats right, I'm too busy shooting, camping, hiking, fishing, wrenching on my car, racing my car and working.... But for a fee I will become you on facebook.

Since you'll be paying me to be you, I'll be free to quit my job and spend all my time taking photos of all the cool stuff I will be doing alot more of. In no time YOU can be posting pictures of that awesome group you shot at the range today, or that 12pt buck you brought down, maybe some awesome video's of your day at the race track or a sweet 10lb large mouth bass you caught last week. The possibilities are endless...

Remember I'm WORKING for you now and if YOU want to take a trip to the Riviera, I'm... I mean you are going to have some sweet photos of those French beaches come next week....

My interest are varried but mostly ceneter around making more $$$$, so I'll gladly attend non manly things like horse races, dog shows, cat shows... to show your diversified in your activities.

Lets not forget twitter. With my experise in information management, while your actually slaving away at a job you hate (like always), You'll have one less thing to distract you from the work you hate because I'll have all your followers fixated for that next whitty tweet. Think "Charlie Sheen Winning"

The online life of your dreams is only a click away.

I see where your going with this. Sounds like a lot of work.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 3:19

JeffK Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Got to be one of the best posts ever.

Almost got me fired since I started reading it at work and seriously laughed out loud. now my boss is surely conviced that I'm crazy.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 11:12

rklessdriveher Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Guru Newb
Woodbridge, Virginia
10 Posts

Quote:

crash wrote:
YEAH BLONDIE-NO MUFF TOO TUFF HE DIVES AT 5:00

I WISH!!! (yes I am her) rklessdriver's SO - let me tell you that there is not much of anything going on at home since he belongs to all of these forums and is always on them when he should be tending to his DUTIES (me)! Sorry didn't mean to spoil the thread!

signed: rklessdriverhercrazy! (tried that login but it was too long) Party on ALL!
Posted on: 2011/5/13 14:44

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

The Dread Pirate Roberts approves of whateverthefuk is going on here.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 14:47

JeffK Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Just when you didn't think it could get any better.

Will, you could change to Angrydriver..even comes with it's own smiley.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 17:22

SpectatorRacing Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

I was about to make a joke that would cause me to become the first person banned from the Guru...then I thought better of it.

Your loss

I'd buy in as rckless if his life weren't so boring. If you go get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T on the golf forums perhaps we can re-open the negociations.
Posted on: 2011/5/13 18:24

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Hey, Jon, no such luck... we have banned a number of trolls and spammers. You would no longer be first, so, fire away! I wanna hear this joke!

(you now have immunity for one crass comment, use it wisely grasshopper)
Posted on: 2011/5/13 20:45

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Oh, some ideas, Will, I give you Chaz Bono!

Resized Image

I am just not sure how far you wanna take this change...
Posted on: 2011/5/13 20:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I got a new name for ya Will. rklessabandon
Posted on: 2011/5/13 21:35

Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Sorry didn't mean to abandon this.

The site has been blocked by the firewall at work for the last week or so. I don't know what they are going to expect me to do now...

I also see my GF found this.... I'm sure no good will come from this development.

Chaz Bono - That's a bit too much a change for me..... Talk about no muff too tough.

Will
Posted on: 2011/5/13 22:50

Matatk Re: I'm thinking of becoming someone else
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
HHHmmmm. Being Tommy T-Bone buying rklessdriver would give me a new identity too.

rklessboner?
Posted on: 2011/5/14 1:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.