Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
276 user(s) are online (223 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

The end of May already? Wow. The hot weather we were praying for in February is here, so get ready for me to complain about that, now It was in the 90s yesterday and should be 89-90 today. There was almost no intermediary. Just cold then hot. Kind of strange.

So did anyone take an extra day for an exxxxxtra long weekend?

I didn't get all my projects accomplished this weekend. Some got put to the side while new ones popped up. Just life, I guess.

I did go for a run last night. Logged a few miles with rugrat #1 in the stroller. Stopped by the park for a few minutes before it was time to come home. I went late in the evening so it wasn't so hot. Not a bad deal.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/5/31 11:34

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

Good morning, the sun is shining and the wind is not blowing it looks like the perfect day.....and I have to go to work. Nuts! Yesterday was not a good day to do anything the wind was horrible and it was hot to boot. I felt sorry for the folks camping or having picnics.

It did storm last night but that system has moved east. I did not even move the Vette all weekend. Ended up watching The Longest Day and Midway yesterday.

Gotta get some motivation to get back in it today......I'm taking suggestions on how to do that. Have a good day guys only a 4 day week.
Posted on: 2011/5/31 12:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I'm trying to get started here on my work day. I have recordings to do and have misplaced a piece to my mic stand!
I hate doing things differently or jury rigging stuff to make it work! I think I left it in my bag at Quantico Headquarters. Too far for me to go just for that!! Rats!!

The car is running much better but still has some issues to iron out. I did take it for a short spin yesterday afternoon up to the beach and back so people could gawk at it and hear the rumble! It is cool, and sounds awesome. No more stalling, now I just need to get some more good scans and send to Mick to nail this down.

Tons of traffic and cars parked everywhere around town this weekend because if the holiday. I hate when the DC crowd decides to invade our little town. I guess that is business though. The little bars and restaurants would not make it if not for the DC crowd that swarms here during the summer months for fishing, boating, gambling and drinking!! Sounds like fun to me. I might have to partake one of these days! I can even walk to the fun!!

I'm really stuck on a couple different cars to vote for on our Memorial Day virtual car show! Flyboy, Andrew, Steve40th and Pianoguy have me going back and forth... tough call

I might have to put their names in a hat and draw one!
Posted on: 2011/5/31 12:17

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! The alarm clock was a most unwelcome sound. I didn't accomplish much over the holiday other than getting the car washed up for the show, which was the most relaxing part of the weekend. I researched decking materials, etc. until I was blue in the face, a color I don't usually achieve unless it is January. Once we make our final decision, then the rest of my summer will be shot.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2011/5/31 12:44

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
The alarm clock was a most unwelcome sound.

I researched decking materials, etc. until I was blue in the face, a color I don't usually achieve unless it is January. Once we make our final decision, then the rest of my summer will be shot.

What's an alarm clock?

I've come up with a solution for my deck.... I'm going to ignore it.

After the kitchen remodel, I sick of working on the house. It will take a long time for me to get motivated to work on the deck.

Now, if I can find the motivation to clean up the mess from the kitchen work, I'll be good.
Posted on: 2011/5/31 13:12

JeffK Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Good morning! Back to work...bummer.

A/C at the house decided to take a crap last night at about 10pm. Luckily it was a little cool out last night so we slept with the windows open and the ceiling fan on high. I got a guy out there this morning and he got it working again. Good thing since it's supposed to be 96 here today.

Spent most of the day yesterday washing cars... 5 of them in total. Including scrubbing all the greasy oily handprints off the rocker panels on the Vette. Did some datalogging yesterday evening and sent it off to Mick.
Of course the inspection runs out on the Vette today and I don't think they will pass it right now. I might have to take it down there and let them fail it so I don't get fined for being late.

I don't think I can vote for just one car either and there are a few that I wish were submitted that weren't like Mick's sweet ride and Jeffs Z.

have a good day Guru's
Posted on: 2011/5/31 14:13

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

I have never seen Mick's car, I am thinking it's tuned well!
Posted on: 2011/5/31 14:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys....I have been up to the wife's office working on computers again. She's leaving for a couple days to Wichita for meetings, so I'm left with the grandsons. The wind isn't blowing today....yet. The temp is supposed to be a little cooler (upper 80's compared to low 100's yesterday)

Glad to hear you are getting things worked out Don. Marcus, it was bound to happen, sooner or later, but it is a Monday on a Tuesday. Bill, you have to get it cleaned up and take some pictures, we're all waiting to see the final product. Matt, I guess you could say I took and extra day.....
Posted on: 2011/5/31 14:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I have never seen Mick's car, I am thinking it's tuned well!

Mick's car is impeccable! There are not too many photos around but when you see it.... You will not believe how clean and orderly everything is... He is a fastidious person no doubt and the car proves it!
Posted on: 2011/5/31 15:10

KPotter Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Well, mowing the lawn today in 90+ degree heat and matching humidity isn't the dumbset thing I've ever done. But it's close.

Working hard at trying to keep myself from taking a drive to look at a '76 I saw the other day with a $7900 price tag on it. Yeah, I'm a C3 fan.
Posted on: 2011/5/31 20:31

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Today was a work day .... That's all I'm gonna say about that.
Posted on: 2011/5/31 21:16

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

I've been working pretty hard today too. Worked on the computers at wife's work, while I was there, the maintenance man from the county courthouse caught me and asked me to repair some chairs from the courtroom, the ones that the jurors sit in. They have a big jury trial next week and needed them fixed. So I took them home and repaired them and have returned them. Then I decided to call about my leaky hydraulic cylinder on my lift, $1000 if they come out and fix it about $300 if I remove the cylinder and take it to them....so I took the cylinder off and will take it over tomorrow. Then the rest of the computer parts came in for a computer I'm building for a local business and I have put it together and have windows installed (Win7 is a breeze to install).
Posted on: 2011/5/31 21:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 05.31.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

If tomorrow's weather turns nasty, it's my fault. I just took a very dusty targa bar down from its perch in the garage and installed it on the car.
Posted on: 2011/5/31 23:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.