Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
301 user(s) are online (243 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 06.04.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Itchty scratchy throat and involuntary coughing this morning. That can't be a good thing. Heck, I'm not even exposed to very many people anymore. I've been feeling pretty good for awhile when it comes to colds, flu and viruses. Started last night. I think I'm screwed this time around. Must be time to build up my bodies immunities. I often wonder how doctors, nurses and hospital staff do so well with all the crap people bring in to the medical centers. Time to break out the throat lozenges and cough medicine. ..........
Posted on: 2011/6/4 11:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sorry to hear you're under the weather, Thomas. My wife is sick, too. She left work Thursday and went to the doctor it was so bad. She has bronchitis and sinusitis at the same time. Ugh. She's on antibiotics and feeling better, but not 100%. And we have a wedding to go to tonight, so I hope she's not too tired for that.

Supposed to be hot 89* with sever thunderstorms today. We'll see how that works out. Hopefully not too bad, but I'm sure the storms will just make it more humid as opposed to cooling things down.

I see looking out the window the neighbor has his pool opened up. I need to get cracking on that, too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/6/4 11:30

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14748 Posts

Maybe some vitamin C also Tommy, and a good Zn lozenge will heal you up quick. Up early today we have to mow and then we have a ball game and I need to attack the shop it is so bad in there even I am becoming embarrased.

I had some new mufflers put on the Vette yesterday and really like them. They are NAPA Sound Master's made for the Vette. They were 96 bucks each and seem to be made well and bolted right in. Part #'s were 18417 and 18418.

The stock mufflers had a drone at 1500 rpm and did not have the tone I wanted. Amazingly the drone is gone with these and I think they sound great. Not to loud but you know there is a V8 in it.

I know, I know I am trying to get my kids to make a vid with a sound bite. Pics when I get them. I remembered someone saying that a turbo style muffler sounded good and was a lot cheaper. Heard that on a place called Corvette Guru.

Time for my oatmeal and coffee pop. Have a fun day Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/6/4 11:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Time for my oatmeal and coffee poop!

Fixed it for ya.
Posted on: 2011/6/4 12:25

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Hope you feel better T.

Must be the humidity that causes that stuff.

I hope to finish cleaning the upstairs today and maybe take some pics. Plus give the C4 a quick wash.

I'm going to swing by a show-n-shine tomorrow called "Cops & Burgers", charity thing.
Posted on: 2011/6/4 12:27

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Time for my oatmeal and coffee poop!

Fixed it for ya.

Well, I was hungry..................
Posted on: 2011/6/4 12:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Must be the humidity that causes that stuff.

Well I know it ain't snow.
Posted on: 2011/6/4 12:35

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Supposed to be sunny and 80 today and tomorrow - doesn't get much better than that. If it doesn't rain today or tomorrow, it will be the 3rd dry weekend this year. So I will be spending it working on the deck. We are gonna go to dinner tonight with some friends and then seeing a production of "Tommy".

For the other Tommy, I haven't had a sniffle since I switched to the e-cig. The propylene glycol in the liquid has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, so I'm guessing it must help ward off the galloping crud. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Enjoy your Saturday, everybody!
Posted on: 2011/6/4 14:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

JeffK Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

It's hot outside already. Step-son has a little league play-off game in an hour.

Drove the Vette to last nights game. My wife said she could hear me coming for awhile before she could see me. Those Magnaflows are loud. The new chip from Mick fixed it up some, I can tell I've got more to go. I ordered the burn2 from Moates, should be here Monday or Tuesday.

My wife decided to tell me last night at about Midnight that the check engine light has been on in her car for the last 2 days...

Tommy, sorry you're feeling bad, hope you get better fast.

Matthew, you need to get cracking on that pool, ours is open and feels great!

Have a good one Guru's
Posted on: 2011/6/4 14:39

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

morning guys.....I hope I can get this off, we are in an even smaller town this weekend and I'm hooked to a neighbors Internet. I got here last night then drove over to Great Bend to watch the test and tune night at the drags. My little brother rides his 'bobber' Harley. 13.02/100. They had some cars doing 18 seconds and one doing 7.2xx/170. It was a good evening.

This morning I've been helping the SIL and hubby get the last details set up for the wedding. I've got to take a shower and get ready.....2 hours to the wedding, and I've got a few odd jobs to do right before.
Posted on: 2011/6/4 17:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I've got a few odd jobs to do right before.

Odd being the key word no doubt.
Posted on: 2011/6/4 17:40

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Well I pulled the trigger for the 90 on some Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports. They had some pretty good reviews and I got 10% knocked off the tire price. I didn't want to spend Michelin Pilot PS2 money. Firestone Wide Oval 98Ws were an option but since I did a run with FWSOs I thought I'd try the Bridgestones. The FSWOs were actually $70 cheaper due to a buy 4 get one free deal. Different tread pattern and stiffer side wall was what swayed me to go with the Potenza.(and my wife doesn't like Firestones) Andy's Kumhos were in the running but with shipping and installation the price was about the same. Convenience had a little to do with it too. Once again I'm somewhere in the middle with price point. Not the cheapest and not the most expensive. $759.70 out the door without road hazard. Mounted, balanced, disposal, hand washing fee, the works. I shopped Tire Rack, Sears and Tire Kingdom. It's not like I just jumped at the first tires. I researched prices and tires and went with what worked out best for me. Soon I'll give them a good warm up and test cycle. They'll both be ready sometime next week. Just waiting for the tires to come in.
With the 91 I wasn't so lucky thanks to the 295 35 18s. Those suckas are like $400 each. Sears is doing that job because that's where she had the blowout. They have a price match policy. I went and got something for them to match. It's actually pretty close to what they charged me so not much in savings expected.

A write up on the Protenza RE760

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/c ... otenza_re760_sport_page_8
Posted on: 2011/6/4 17:53

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 06.04.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

my weekend is sucking already. Started the vette yesterday morning to go to the doctor.... or rather TRIED to, thought there was a cat hung up in there or something, looks like probably the starter. That's on my list of things to learn to do this weekend since it's sitting in the driveway and I can't get it anywhere. And, the air is out in the pickup. Air fixed in the house though thank goodness. My house is upside down and looks like something straight out of hoarders. Shit everywhere. I'm rearranging things again. On top of that helping my elderly cousin as she's still moving things into her new apartment. And, I discovered last night she's sitting over there with no air conditioning. I went to her old place and pulled a window unit and installed it for her last night. I need a part time husband to help with chores
Posted on: 2011/6/4 18:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.