Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Monday Chat 06.06.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good morning.
Last nights BBQ test was a success. I cooked up some flank steak, chicken breast, and beerwurst. We cut up pieces of each and had them with a side of black beans and rice. Nice slice of apple pie topped with whipped cream rounded out the meal. Watched some Stanley Cup and NBA Finals action yesterday. Both games had you on the edge of your seat. Through the year I generally keep track of a teams progress. In the Semis and Finals is when I sit and watch. Going out to go pick up a recliner with my FIL and bring it to Nanas place. Might be able to get one set of tires mounted later today. Plenty to do. And ............ We're off ..........
Posted on: 2011/6/6 11:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Well I'm back! What a crazy weekend. The car show was a great success! We had great weather, awesome cars and tons of good help. Although for some reason we only pulled in a 110 cars. I really expected no less than 150 cars in the show. However, even with the lower numbers of cars, I was still very happy with the quality of those cars and the people that drove them in. I'll be sharing photos later this week when my members get them posted up. Some of the highlights were the visit from Corvette Product & Marketing Manager Harlan Charles. He drove a Supersonic Blue 100th Anniversary Centennial Edition Carbon to the show. These cars come from the factory with race treads mounted! I'll have to send photos!!! We also had a 20123 serial no. 000003 black ZR1 Centennial Edition with us for the show compliments of GM brass! This is one of the cars seen in the advertisements etc.. I heard its one of three ZR1 with the package at this time. None of these 2012s were for sale. We also had a 2012 Z06 in Carlisle Blue on display showing off the new color!! This show was the "Cats Ass" for a true hard core Corvette fan to be, if they wanted to see the latest Corvettes, talk personally and candidly with Harlan Charles to see what the Corvette future plans would be. Regretfully, I was so busy during the day, I could not take out the time to really sit down with him during show time!! I plan to follow up his visit with a long thank you letter and plans to meet with him at a future event (Corvettes at Carlisle) and have a good long chat.

On top of all this, I wound up taking Kathie back to the hospital on Saturday night because she became really sick. She is still there and I'm on my way shortly to be with her while they run some tests. We are not sure what is going on yet.

So... It was a crazy weekend indeed!!! Chat later
Posted on: 2011/6/6 11:37

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Looking forward to a nice, relaxing day at work. I spent all day yesterday painting the pergola on the deck - figured I may as well get that done while I don't care if I spill. I was beat by the end of the day.

Sounds like your show was a big success, even with the numbers lower than your expectations, Don! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Much mojo to your Mrs.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/6/6 12:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14748 Posts

Nuts Don, hope Kathie is ok. Keep us posted. Prayers your way. I would love to go to a big time car show like that someday.

It is going to be 98 here today so I am headed out early to the fields so I can be back in by 2 or so when the heat really hits. It must be summer.

Gotta go, I will check back later.
Posted on: 2011/6/6 12:24

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So I am trying to clean some stuff out of house/garage, and I occasionally put stuff up on CL. People piss me off, though. I have some large wrenches for sale for a good price. I don't feel like haggling, I put my lowest price and put price is firm. So why do people email me and simply say I'll give you $40 less than you're asking. No. I don't even respond. It's a waste of my time. If you want something for the price listed, buy it. If not, don't. People will put "obo" or "firm" depending on if they want to haggle. I don't. Rant over.

It will be a hot day. I have both rugrats while the wife is at work. I was already up at 4 feeding rugrat #2 and both of them are still asleep (amazingly), so I'm trying to knock out a few posts. Nothing else will get done today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

ps...anyone want to buy some wrenches...price is firm
Posted on: 2011/6/6 12:48

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Don -

Sorry to hear about Kathie - I hope it turns out to be something small!

Also, congrats on the car show, it sounds like a success. We'll be waiting for photos.

Did anyone ask about the "turbo" c7
Posted on: 2011/6/6 12:49

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2011/6/6 13:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good luck to Katie, Don.

I'm hungry, I want: flank steak, chicken breast, and beerwurst. We cut up pieces of each and had them with a side of black beans and rice. Nice slice of apple pie topped with whipped cream, good ol' American breakfast.
Posted on: 2011/6/6 13:45

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I'm still at the hospital.... waiting for some answers! She is doing better and hopefully will be released later today.
Posted on: 2011/6/6 16:11

teebee Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Good morning guys....Don the best of thoughts for Kathie. I am glad you had a good turnout for the car show, sounds like you had a lot of things going on. Matt, CL can be a pain in the Arse, but overall I've had pretty good luck selling things there. Marcus, it's going to be hot here too, looking for 102 today.

I'm getting the Corvette ready to go to Effingham, Ill to Mid America Motorworks for CorvetteActionCenter CruiseFest Thursday and Friday. We will leave for KC tomorrow then up and gone Weds morning to get to Effingham Weds afternoon.
Posted on: 2011/6/6 17:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Don, Hope all goes well.
Brad, I've heard it called many things but never painting the pergola.
Matt, Don't get mad .... Get DELETE
Tom .... Carry on.
Bill keep doin what your doin.
Posted on: 2011/6/6 22:06

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14748 Posts

Man it's hot! But at least the wind is blowing so it makes it feel worse. I'm not complaining of course just making a statement. 99 here today and I got to be out in it all day. I am looking forward to an ice cold Busch NA and a cool shower.

TB have a great time, I gotta do that some time when I don't have to do this all the time. Don what did you guys find out?
Posted on: 2011/6/6 22:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Marcus ...
Posted on: 2011/6/6 22:49

smooth Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11 HEY TOMMY
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Hey Tommy,
I was watching the Animal Planet Channel before the game yesterday......What The Hell is a TAGU and do you have any running around the nursery? Look Nasty!
Posted on: 2011/6/7 0:23

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11 HEY TOMMY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Pics of headless guy with TAGU.
Posted on: 2011/6/7 0:30

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11 HEY TOMMY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I actually did have a pleasant CL experience today. I sold a set of baggo boards today that have been taking up some room in my garage. I never play the game so it was a good deal for both of us. As it turns out, the guy who bought them lives not too far from me and bought an 07 vette last fall. He's looking to tinker around with it so I told him to sign up. Hope to see him around soon.

I took the vette over to Rick's house for a quick visit. It was running like sh*t on the way over there. Same issue as I said before, it was missing on heavy acceleration. It seemed to be running hotter than normal, too. I am narrowing it down to timing, ignition related, maf, ecm, or chip. I checked the timing at Rick's and it was fine. Last time I datalogged I had an ECM communication error. So of course driving home it ran a lot better. Not perfect, but better. I'm gonna swap the ECM tomorrow and make sure the chip is seated properly. I might swap out the maf, too. Hopefully this solves my issue.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/6/7 3:15

RickAnthony Re: Monday Chat 06.06.11 HEY TOMMY
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
I actually did have a pleasant CL experience today. I sold a set of baggo boards today that have been taking up some room in my garage. I never play the game so it was a good deal for both of us. As it turns out, the guy who bought them lives not too far from me and bought an 07 vette last fall. He's looking to tinker around with it so I told him to sign up. Hope to see him around soon.

I took the vette over to Rick's house for a quick visit. It was running like sh*t on the way over there. Same issue as I said before, it was missing on heavy acceleration. It seemed to be running hotter than normal, too. I am narrowing it down to timing, ignition related, maf, ecm, or chip. I checked the timing at Rick's and it was fine. Last time I datalogged I had an ECM communication error. So of course driving home it ran a lot better. Not perfect, but better. I'm gonna swap the ECM tomorrow and make sure the chip is seated properly. I might swap out the maf, too. Hopefully this solves my issue.

Matthew

Yeah thanks for stopping by today, I've been so swamped with work lately it's nice to have a quick break to visit with some good friends. Hopefully I will get caught up soon and have some time to enjoy this summer.... looking forward to some car shows, cruises ect.. We need to setup a local corvette cruise or lunch too!

BTW on the car issue, I'd swap the ECM first and drive it a bit before doing the MAF to help isolate the issue. Let me know what happens..

-=Rick
Posted on: 2011/6/7 4:06
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.