Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
359 user(s) are online (300 user(s) are browsing Forums)

GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L80E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.43
2nd Gear: 1.49
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.75

Reverse: 2.07

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Thursday Chat 07.28.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good mawning
Talked with the escrow company that's handling the closing finances and title to our future home. May be closing tomorrow afternoon. I have a 2:30 PM appointment but you know how that can change. The title is clear. We have some paperwork to sign, money to transfer and the new deed will come in the mail in a couple of weeks. Wifey has been bucking me on this but it mainly has to do with her 27 year connection to this house. I keep touting the positives. She whines because it doesn't have a pool. I told her .... So? Have one put in. Yada, yada, yada, whah, whah, whah. I tell her that it is just like this house ... supersized. She doesn't buy it. It is though. Going from 1450 sq ft to 2450 sq ft. No garage to 2 car garage. 1 shed to 2 sheds. No covered patio to covered patio. 2 bedrooms to 4 bedrooms. 1 person kitchen to 2 person kitchen. 1/4 acre to 1.2 acres I see nothing but plusses. She brought this on herself anyway by bringing home a mountain of "good deals" over the past couple of decades to the pint where the house is cramped. I asked, I begged, I pleaded. Don't bring anymore shit home. Falls on deaf ears. I have kids clothes, toys and a crib. Just don't have any young children. Have a mountain of othet stuff too. Yes I'm equally guilty with my magazines, books, records, tapes cd's and dvd's and other stuff too. I'm just really ready to move. A change for me can be good. Unfortunately it's gonna come with a lot of work. Work has it's rewards.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

crash Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. well tommy- you sell all the kid stuff the wife has and buy more magazines-cd-books and stuff lol. good luck on the paperwork on the house. hope it all goes smoothly for you guys. man this weather has to brake around here. their talking a 100 degrees again today. it aint the heat though its the frigging humitity. i work for 10 min and im wringing wet. oh well life will go on.
have a good day guru
rich
Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:28

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Oh ya! Almost forgot. I thought I got a pretty good deal. Turns out I pretty well did average in todays market. Previously sold for 485K 5 years ago. We picked it up for 170K after expenses. Just about 1/3 of the high market price. The issue is finding the "average deals". Lots of places for sale. Very few I care to live in. The real steals are in the high market. Huge homes selling at deep discounts. I just don't care to pay the higher taxes and utilities that come with the big properties. Who knows ... after August 2nd could be nobody will be able to afford nothin.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:34

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Was lazy last night and didn't get a run/bike in. Oh well. Tonight.

I watched the youtube videos on rebuilding a CS144. Says the most common issue is the bridge rectifier going bad. Can be changed out in about 10 minutes. But I'm not sure if that's the problem. Could also be a bad stator, voltage regulator, windings, bearings, etc. I'm gonna call the local electrical rebuild place and ask them what they replace. They did my CS130 about 4 years ago and charged me $90. Not sure what they replaced.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:49

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Going from 1450 sq ft to 2450 sq ft. No garage to 2 car garage. 1 shed to 2 sheds. No covered patio to covered patio. 2 bedrooms to 4 bedrooms. 1 person kitchen to 2 person kitchen. 1/4 acre to 1.2 acres. Small doghouse to large doghouse.

Fixed it for ya!
Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Going from 1450 sq ft to 2450 sq ft. No garage to 2 car garage. 1 shed to 2 sheds. No covered patio to covered patio. 2 bedrooms to 4 bedrooms. 1 person kitchen to 2 person kitchen. 1/4 acre to 1.2 acres. Small doghouse to large doghouse.

Fixed it for ya!

I stay in the doghouse. I just break the chain every now and then for a quick romp then "bang" back to the doghouse. One thing I've discovered is a woman is rarely ever happy. So whether you do or you don't, you will or you won't, you still don't change what's to come. So I just do what I do.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 12:13

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Best of luck with the house, Tommy - just sell that extra stuff and put the proceeds toward a nice new pool, maybe one of those fancy infinity-edge jobs with a waterfall. And a Tarzan swing and a slide. And a cabana. And a swim-up bar.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2011/7/28 12:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

I know how to keep women happy......you send them shopping in Kansas City......I thought everybody knew that.

Good morning Gurus it rained here last night and is cooler this morning. It's these late July early August rains that can keep the dryland crops going.

Hope the house deal goes well for you Tommy. Post some pics when you can. Good luck on your rebuild Matt. Rich I thought MO was always hot and humid. Not like the mountain air we have in NE........

Have a great day Guru's! Hope my Corsas show up today.....
Posted on: 2011/7/28 12:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Tommy! Great news...Hope all goes well with settlement! Moving has a way of cleansing the soul! Too much work but great to get rid of all that baggage.

Last night I went to the wake of a close friend's dad. I saw many friends that I had not seen in 20 years or so. Timmy asked me if I'd be a Pallbearer today... so looks like its a good thing I've been pumping iron LOL I'm sure I'll be sweating my butt off out there under the noon day sun. I can tell he is pretty busted up but I don't exactly know what to do to comfort him. I have just told him over and over again to let me help with anything I can and to make sure he stays in touch with me.

Among all the other old friends I ran into last night, I also ran into a gal I used to date when I was in my 20s, she has held up quite nicely, I might add. Its always interesting to introduce an old girl friend to your wife. I didn't tell Kathie until we were in the car that I had dated Donna before her. Then she got all self conscious and defensive for a bit. Give me a break! its 25 years ago!!

Anyhow... I gotta run so I'm not late...
Posted on: 2011/7/28 13:24

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
She whines because it doesn't have a pool.

So, after you close, have this sitting in the yard when you go there the first time with the keys.

And then the fight started.

Attach file:

jpg  pool.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/7/28 13:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Going from 1450 sq ft to 2450 sq ft. No garage to 2 car garage. 1 shed to 2 sheds. No covered patio to covered patio. 2 bedrooms to 4 bedrooms. 1 person kitchen to 2 person kitchen. 1/4 acre to 1.2 acres

1.2 is the perfect size, gives you a buffer zone from the neighbors. Hopefully, it's covered with "natural vegetation" like mine, no maintenance.

Tell your wife she can have a new pool if you can have another air conditioned 2 car.

Hope it goes well tomorrow.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 13:32

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sound advice, I think - some comedian was just on the radio, and he said that if you buy a product to clean your colon, avoid those with "Turbo" in the name.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 14:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

or any forced induction.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 14:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Wifey just called. Said she was going to pick up a couple of trees. When she opened the back door of the box truck there sat a black widow spider. She says she found some eggs too. Bye-bye black widow. We have way too much bad stuff crawling around here. Scorpians, snakes, gators, crocs ......Ahh! ..... The tropics .......
Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:22

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm stayin' right here in the frozen tundra.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:25

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Wifey just called. Said she was going to pick up a couple of trees. When she opened the back door of the box truck there sat a black widow spider. She says she found some eggs too. Bye-bye black widow. We have way too much bad stuff crawling around here. Scorpians, snakes, gators, crocs ......Ahh! ..... The tropics .......

Don't forget roaches the size of silver dollars.....I never saw any of that stuff at Disney World....
Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

We call those Palmetto bugs.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:43

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Wifey just called. Said she was going to pick up a couple of trees. When she opened the back door of the box truck there sat a black widow spider. She says she found some eggs too. Bye-bye black widow. .....

Got them here too, had them in Pa.

I used to have a boatload in the garage.

Started using that Home Defense spray. It's pretty amazing, lasts 4 months +.
Nothing in the garage anymore. I also spray the racecar trailer doors.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:45

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....late start here. Up early and took the wife over to the 'city' for a Dr. appointment, did some grocery shopping and now back home.

Hopefully good things going for you Tommy, today. With a lot that big you can put a pool in. Do you guys use it that much? Spiders, snakes and such don't really bother me much, guess I'm strange that way.

Speaking of mountain air, we are headed off to Pagosa Springs, Co in about a week. Hopefully, it will be cool up there at 7500'.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 16:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
With a lot that big you can put a pool in. Do you guys use it that much?

No ... My wife likes looking at it and I get to keep it clean.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 16:29

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:
With a lot that big you can put a pool in. Do you guys use it that much?

No ... My wife likes looking at it and I get to keep it clean.

Hummm, Pool Boy

Posted on: 2011/7/28 16:45

Epimax Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Good morning! Best of luck with the house, Tommy - just sell that extra stuff and put the proceeds toward a nice new pool, maybe one of those fancy infinity-edge jobs with a waterfall. And a Tarzan swing and a slide. And a cabana. And a swim-up bar.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!

+1 Congrats Tommy!
Posted on: 2011/7/28 17:16

screamin_conure Re: Thursday Chat 07.28.11
Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Started using that Home Defense spray. It's pretty amazing, lasts 4 months +.
Nothing in the garage anymore. I also spray the racecar trailer doors.

+1 on "Home Defense". When we first moved into our current house about thirteen years ago, it was "Centipede Central". Those friggin' things were EVERYWHERE. Big ones too. One pulled a Glock on me.

We had pro exterminators coming for about two years before it just got way too expensive. I discovered "Home Defense" about four or five years ago. They usually start appearing late in the spring. That's when I know it's time to blast 'em. I spray all around the lids of my sump pits which are located in the basement laundry room. Within a couple of weeks, my wife will always comment on the dead centipede count. And that usually takes care of them for the rest of the summer. Good stuff.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 17:24

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Here TB for your listening enjoyment....as you prepare for your trip.......these guys ended up in downtown Pagosa Springs also......

Posted on: 2011/7/28 18:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Speaking of mountain air, we are headed off to Pagosa Springs, Co in about a week. Hopefully, it will be cool up there at 7500'.

Has it been a year already?
Posted on: 2011/7/28 19:09

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
...there sat a black widow spider. She says she found some eggs too. Bye-bye black widow.

At least that's what she told you.

Tomorrow's Homestead Gazette Obituaries:

Local plant-guru Tommy T-Bone found dead due to an apparent spider bite. Investigators say it must have inhabited some of the trees maintained by Tommy and he was probably bit during the course of that maintenance. He is survived by his widow, who just recently purchased a new home with an intended new pool, and coincidentally a new pool boy named Ramon. No services will be held.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 20:31

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Hey Gurus, can you keep a secret? I know the answer is no, just don't tell Mrs. Matatk. I took a half day from work so I could come home and work on my car...haha. I love it. Got the new (to me) alternator installed. I test fit it and did the grinding modifications necessary first then took it to the rebuilder. They tested it and said it was fine! F you Autozone! I took it home and disassembled the case, cleaned it up a bit inside and sanded the copper contacts on the shaft, greased the bearing, and reassembled. Baby is cranking out full voltage. Awesome.

Gonna work out and then try to tackle the O2 sensor if wife doesn't complain too much

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/28 20:34

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

Has it been a year already?

Yes, it has, and school is just around the corner too.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 21:40

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Yes, it has, and school is just around the corner too.

So you can back off your 60 hour work/week vacation schedule and go back to your 60 hour work/week work schedule? .............
Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:00

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

More like going from 60 hour hard work to my 40 hour not so hard work.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:13

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
...there sat a black widow spider. She says she found some eggs too. Bye-bye black widow.

At least that's what she told you.

Tomorrow's Homestead Gazette Obituaries:

Local plant-guru Tommy T-Bone found dead due to an apparent spider bite. Investigators say it must have inhabited some of the trees maintained by Tommy and he was probably bit during the course of that maintenance. He is survived by his widow, who just recently purchased a new home with an intended new pool, and coincidentally a new pool boy named Ramon. No services will be held.

Why do most men die before their wives? Because they want to.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:13

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Why do most men die before their wives? Because they want to.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/cr ... /psychology/widows/1.html
Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:18

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  bk.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:20

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Accident? Ya right ......

Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:22

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Good grief, that screws dinner.

I'll be lucky to get a beer down.

I think I threw up in my mourh a little.
Posted on: 2011/7/28 22:50

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Yea, that was disturbing.
Posted on: 2011/7/29 2:16

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Good grief, that screws dinner.

I'll be lucky to get a beer down.

I think I threw up in my mourh a little.

My eyes...my eyes!!!!

Actually, that site is misleading. Before the video loaded it showed a picture of supermodel Giselle Bundchen underneath...I was thinking - who the hell would kick HER out for wearing a bikini!
Posted on: 2011/7/29 3:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.