Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
313 user(s) are online (273 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

biggrizzly Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Well Gentlemen! I could not sleep again and woke at 4:40AM and sat here looking at a bunch of internet crap. I did enjoy cor123 race reports and the news on the new ZL1 Camaro making 580HP! Nice job Chevrolet!

I think I nailed the interview yesterday! I think it has lots of promise and I was recommended to them by their own CIO. He will be the first reference on my list as I know him personally and through my work with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations. If I get this job I will be providing assistance to the DoD Cyber-Crime Investigations Academy. They are trying to move various instructor led courses to online media to reduce the amount of travel personnel have been doing to take certain courses. Not all classroom instruction lends itself to online learning but if we can incorporate enough technology to reduce travel times and subsequently costs for the government it will be a win / win for the Govt and those working for DC3.

Things are drying out a little bit here between last night and today. I can see the sun poking its head up over the bay, so that's a good sign. Today is Oktoberfest here in town and there should be some good seafood and fun to be had.

I hope you all have a good day!!
Posted on: 2011/9/10 10:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

JeffK Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

That sounds like an interesting job Don. Hopefully things go your way. Oktoberfest sounds like fun too.

We are still in PA. Leaving tomorrow. Except for the rain it has been a great visit. I took my wife around and showed her my hometown. I almost forgot how beautiful the mountains can be. The sun showed up for the first time all week so we went to the top of Camelback and it was perfect, we could see for miles. Then we went by my high school. Wow, it has grown significantly since I graduated in '93

Well, I've got to try to get some homework done before everyone gets up.

Tommy, more mojo for your mom!
Posted on: 2011/9/10 11:25

djxib Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Hope to make more progress on the build today - if things go well I could be taking the first test drive tomorrow.

Have a good weekend!
Posted on: 2011/9/10 11:40

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I forgot it was Saturday today until I looked at my watch. Doesn't matter, I'm going to work anyway. Such is life.

Wife and I got in an argument over money last night. I don't know why. We aren't poor, but it's tight right now just like everyone else. We are trying to plan a little trip for our anniversary since we haven't had one since the honeymoon. I don't see it as a problem, but I told her if she's that worried about money not to spend $2500 on an unnecessary trip. Guess that was the wrong thing to say Oh well, we're still going on a trip

No chance to work on the car lately, but I'm still hoping to get to it soon. Otherwise I'll be trading it in on a mustang like Jeff (not really)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/9/10 11:44

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Humm, Octoberfest in September? Works for me.

My favorite beer is...........an open one.

I have $125 worth of Chevron Gas gift cards sitting here so today I guess I'll put gas in the C4 & the Silverado. I get the cards from SCCA when I work at the racetrack.

So today's gameplan: gas,check.....beer,check.....I'm good for the day.
Posted on: 2011/9/10 12:03

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys...sitting here waiting on little bro to show so we can caravan to the site of the memorial service. Cool and cloudy this morning. There's my bro, catch you later.
Posted on: 2011/9/10 12:51

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
4543 Posts

I just got back from a nice hour long drive in the Vette. It was actually a little cool. The sun is trying to poke out but still cloudy and pretty humid. The car is driving real nice and sounds so good now. I guess it has either mellowed out if that is possible or I'm just getting accustomed to the sound. Nonetheless, it sounds great. Time to wake the wife and fix some breakfast! Yum!
Posted on: 2011/9/10 12:55

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
4543 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

I have $125 worth of Chevron Gas gift cards sitting here so today I guess I'll put gas in the C4 & the Silverado. I get the cards from SCCA when I work at the racetrack.

That sounds like more fun!!I didn't understand the whole Oktober fest thing in September either but I just re-read the advertisement and it called "Harvestfest"!! OK, I get it... well, not really. It was called Bayfest for years but apparently they want to change it up a bit.!! In any case its still a street party!
Posted on: 2011/9/10 13:08

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

That sounds like more fun!!I didn't understand the whole Oktober fest thing in September either but I just re-read the advertisement and it called "Harvestfest"!! OK, I get it... well, not really. It was called Bayfest for years but apparently they want to change it up a bit.!! In any case its still a street party!

A Fest..........Any Fest.....Is OK by me.

Attach file:

jpg  ServingatFest.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/9/10 13:19

crash Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. woke up at 5 am. heard a noise and saw that it was raining, man the grass needs it. well im going to the gun show today again. i was there last nite and found a winchester 101 skeet grade over and under thats like new for $800.00. mama said ok so im out of here to go get it.
have a grat day gurus. rich
ps don good luck on the job-matt that was the wrong thing to say lol. tommy mojo for your mother. billh you would do anything for a beer- me too lol.
Posted on: 2011/9/10 13:58

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Hey I'm late to the party today.....Big game last night as our winning streak hits 2. Our offense sputtered a bit early but the defense took care of business as we won 28 to 0. UBoy had a good game and was paired up against a big 6'5" kid who weighs 250 lbs. That is what UB weighs so it was a good battle on the line all night. UB plays line both ways. He is getting more aggressive which is good, he is a big easy type kid so his coaches are working with him to be meaner when he steps on the field. I don't tell his Mom things like that........

Sounds like everybody has a good day planned. Matt take the trip....I used to fret about the money and still do but those memories become more important as you get older....

Work on the shop today and get ready to cheer on the Big Red tonight......enjoy your days Guru's.
Posted on: 2011/9/10 14:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I sacked in since the beer was flowing pretty well at the wedding we went to last night. Had a good time with a lot of old friends. Gonna work on the deck stairs for a while today, then we're going out to dinner and to a Tommy Emmanuel concert later.

Congrats, Marcus! And a great report on all fronts, Don!

My sister sent me this:
------------------------------------------------------------
At a wedding party recently someone yelled, "All the married men please stand next to the one person who has made your life worth living."

The bartender was almost crushed to death.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/9/10 14:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

JrRifleCoach Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Heading out to march the flag in a Patriot Day Parade with my comrades from the VFW. Then tomorrow another tribute and service for those fallen.

In between gotta pull the diff outta Rose.....
Posted on: 2011/9/10 15:24
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Freekin' rusty parts. The outer bushings wouldn't budge with a drift & hammer. Had to cut a slot.

I may take the rest of the day off.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-06-23 16-45-04_0002.JPG (0.00 KB)

jpg  2006-06-23 16-56-35_0003.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/9/10 17:39

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Hey guys, I'm back from the memorial service for my aunt. It was nice, saw my first cousin, whom I haven't seen in 15 or 16 years. Both my brothers and my sister were there as well. Drove the Vette, it was almost 250 miles looks pretty much like 26-27 mpg, and I wasn't taking it easy either. Going to take the in-laws out to eat supper after bit. It's still upper 70's to low 80's just gorgeous and the C5 is a joy to drive.

Marcus, glad to hear Uboy did well last night, our oys didn't fair as well 50-0, better than I predicted. Bill, you keep making headway on those pieces, one of these days you'll be putting it back together.
Posted on: 2011/9/10 20:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 09.10.2011
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

MMmmmmmm! Octoberfest and seefood.

Attach file:

jpg  Seefood.jpg (31.98 KB)
852_4e6d67465739a.jpg 504X671 px
Posted on: 2011/9/12 1:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.