Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
292 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Hola Guru's...up and going early again. Getting ready to go in and pick up the wrecked Envoy this morning. I went in yesterday and looked at it and moved it around to make sure we could get it on our trailer. I want to get it fixed here in town by guys I know.

got the police report and in the accident Ultragirls car was knocked into another car by the girl who ran the red light. Seems that woman had an improper registration on her car along with fictitious plates and no proof of financial responsibility meaning I think no proof of insurance. Her sins have found her out. She was the one that came running up to UGirls car yelling "are you f'n kidding me". She later appoligized.

The other girl was sited for violation of an automatic traffic signal and for driving on a suspended license....she's in a heap of trouble I'm thinking. She did have insurance though.

We have rental coverage so I got Ugirl a cheap rental so she has some wheels again...

Gotta go, got work to do, got work to do........have a safe day Guru Nation.....
Posted on: 2012/3/28 11:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Challenges. Life is just full of challeneges. Just when you start to feel comforable, something happens. I often think when life is going all too well you know something is about to happen ......... and it does. Life is not meant to go easy. At least that's been my lifes experience. Some say you bring it on yourself by negative thinking. I say "Bullshit!". I can be posistive and pinching myself saying; Is this a dream?. Everything is going so well. Then the inevidable happens. Something to burst your bubble, something to ground you and bring you back to earth. I know that some people get to live in fantasyland where life is beautiful all the time. It ain't me babe.

Posted on: 2012/3/28 12:04

smooth Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Well, I didn't want to say anything the other day Tommy after your Miata comment, but,......My kid bought one so he could "Drift". Its his Daily Driver. The bone head "drifted" into a curb while chasing his buddies , popped and ruined an expensive wheel, bent the lower control arm to shit and of course jacked the alignment. He replaced the lower control arm and ordered a whole new set of expensive wheels and tires. I took him to get the tires mounted yesterday and a "performance" shop refused to mount them because they didn't have the correct machine to stretch the tires onto the rims. So off to another shop this morning that claims they can do it......another 45 minutes in a different direction. Hes a pain in the ass. Then its on him to bolt up the wheels and get the alighment! And I have to get the other sons Monte Carlo in for inspection. I think all that needs is a piece of exhaust tubing directly behind the Cat to the muffler....I can hear it. The car has 100k on it and its the first exhaust work being done. Hasn't been a bad a bad car and it only needs to make it to september when he's off to Penn State for his first year. They don't allow freshman to have cars on campus.....so theres my day. BTW, the rear sold yesterday without a hitch and the Cali guy let me off the hook. Whew.
Have a safe day Gurus
Alan
Posted on: 2012/3/28 12:12

pianoguy Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Busy here already, someone is gonna stop by and suck the life out out my day in a few minutes. Sofa king fun!
Posted on: 2012/3/28 12:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Alan ... The Miata comment was directed at a fellow Guru as a joke. He knows who he is ......
Posted on: 2012/3/28 12:30

teebee Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning Guys....Marcus, I sure hope there are no repercussions from your insurance company. It's Wednesday and we have church tonight, I did get the Corvette a bath yesterday, and will try to get the pickup one today after school. The wife's car is down to the body shop, for him to try and figure out the reason why the electrics don't work on the passenger door and both back doors.

I have several projects to do so I have a lot of work cut out for me in the next few weeks. Better get to it.

I hope that everyone has a great day.
Posted on: 2012/3/28 12:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I have several projects to do so I have a lot of work cut out for me in the next few weeks. Better get to it.

So; What is different about that?

You are one of the hardest working guys I know.

I need to get my ass in gear.

BillH ..... Keep doin what you're doin.
Posted on: 2012/3/28 12:35

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2012/3/28 12:54

BillH Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Knockin' Miatas?
Posted on: 2012/3/28 13:25

smooth Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Alan ... The Miata comment was directed at a fellow Guru as a joke. He knows who he is ......

I've been away much too long,
Posted on: 2012/3/28 13:46

Ultraman Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Quote:

smooth wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I've been away much too long,

Yeah a fellow Guru bought a Miata but does have his Corvette still which is saving him from total ridicule....it's a white Corvette with some red on it......

So Alan tell us about your C5. How about some pics when you get a chance. How does it make you feeeeeel when you are driving it.......just asking?
Posted on: 2012/3/28 16:50

95Vert Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

I've learned alot from Bill over the time I've been here, but one thing I disagree with is Bill's opinion on the Miata. I'm speaking from owning them for a bit of time...had 4 at one time.

Excellent little cars, great autocrossers, especially set up...drifting...not so much! Besides, putting large tires and wheels on them ruins the handling. The stock sizes are fine. The BBS wheels even better on the NA's.

Posted on: 2012/3/28 17:05

"Send lawyers, guns and money..."

Matatk Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Kids got up at 7:15. Then it was wash up time and I made them silver dollar pancakes for breakfast. They did pretty well with those. Took them outside and I cut the grass. I can't believe it. It's March and I cut the grass. I'm not alone. My next door neighbor was doing his, and the other neighbor really needs to do his. Cleaned up a couple things in the garage while the kids played out front, too.

Came inside, kids got soup and chicken nuggets for lunch and now rugrat #2 is down for his nap.

Wife is at work. She mentioned going out to dinner. I don't really want to, but sometimes it's nice after work for her. She also told me she wants to pick up an extra shift tomorrow at work so that throws a monkey wrench in my staycation plans...no shock there. I was going to do lower and upper ball joints (upper control arms) on BIL's truck tomorrow. About a 4-6 hour job from what I can tell. So it's getting shifted to Friday.

Folks are supposed to come visit this weekend. That will be nice.

I was trying to work out a deal on a tech 1a from a guy, but it's in pretty poor shape and he wants too much for it. Oh well. Fell through. I did pick up an almost brand new IAC (100 miles) for $30 from a CF member. Good deal. He shipped that out today. Hoping it will solve my intermittent rough idle.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/3/28 17:45

Matatk Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

smooth wrote:
BTW, the rear sold yesterday without a hitch and the Cali guy let me off the hook. Whew.
Have a safe day Gurus
Alan

Glad that worked out for you. I know it was causing you unnecessary stress.

As far as the monte, check the intake gaskets. On my 03, they started going bad around 67,000 miles or so. Pretty common on those.
Posted on: 2012/3/28 17:47

Huskerland
14750 Posts

Posted on: 2012/3/28 19:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

As far as the full monte,

Fixed it for ya!
Posted on: 2012/3/28 20:39

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Was the site down today or was it just me at school? Got home from school and washed the pickup, she looks pretty good now. Just got back from a short bike ride. That felt good.
Posted on: 2012/3/29 0:13

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Anyone else getting really weird time stamps on their posts here? Mine seem to be about three hours behind. And yes I checked, the time zone is set right (Central time)in my profile.
Posted on: 2012/3/29 0:16

Resized Image

Huskerland
14750 Posts

I remember reading about a guy that drove into Kansas and the next thing he knew he was driving in Colorado......I'm thinking its a time warp thing out in your country TB.....that and we will never know what that guy was smoking....I remember being in Illinois and the next thing I knew there was the big arch in St. Louis.......and I know what I was smoking............

Somebody said it's Greenwhich mean time........?
Posted on: 2012/3/29 0:40

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yea, wierd time stamps.
Posted on: 2012/3/29 0:47

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Greenwich Mean time -9 hours.....We should be 6 hours off.
Posted on: 2012/3/29 1:12

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

So; What is different about that?

You are one of the hardest working guys I know.

I need to get my ass in gear.

Thanks for the kind thought Tommy, but I've been slacking here recently, now it's catching up with me.
Posted on: 2012/3/29 1:14

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I have been slacking also. Trying to crack my own whip but I just end up laughing at myself. I need to set an artificial mandatory completion date or I'll have to kick my ass. LOL.

BillH .... Stevie Nicks is the mentor this week on American Idol. She'll probably perform tomorrow night. I know she has been on tour with Rod Stewart recently.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 2:48

bogus Re: Wed Chat Fest 3-28-12
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

smooth wrote:
Well, I didn't want to say anything the other day Tommy after your Miata comment, but,......My kid bought one so he could "Drift". Its his Daily Driver. The bone head "drifted" into a curb while chasing his buddies , popped and ruined an expensive wheel, bent the lower control arm to shit and of course jacked the alignment. He replaced the lower control arm and ordered a whole new set of expensive wheels and tires. I took him to get the tires mounted yesterday and a "performance" shop refused to mount them because they didn't have the correct machine to stretch the tires onto the rims. So off to another shop this morning that claims they can do it......another 45 minutes in a different direction. Hes a pain in the ass. Then its on him to bolt up the wheels and get the alighment! And I have to get the other sons Monte Carlo in for inspection. I think all that needs is a piece of exhaust tubing directly behind the Cat to the muffler....I can hear it. The car has 100k on it and its the first exhaust work being done. Hasn't been a bad a bad car and it only needs to make it to september when he's off to Penn State for his first year. They don't allow freshman to have cars on campus.....so theres my day. BTW, the rear sold yesterday without a hitch and the Cali guy let me off the hook. Whew.
Have a safe day Gurus
Alan

FYI - Miata's are pretty stout, but check the rear pumpkin and make sure the mounting ears didn't get hurt by the impact.

Glad the rear sold without drama!
Posted on: 2012/3/29 7:28

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I have been slacking also. Trying to crack my own whip but I just end up laughing at myself. I need to set an artificial mandatory completion date or I'll have to kick my ass. LOL.

BillH .... Stevie Nicks is the mentor this week on American Idol. She'll probably perform tomorrow night. I know she has been on tour with Rod Stewart recently.

Stevie did a one hour concert on HDT last nite, good stuff.
Posted on: 2012/3/29 15:25

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

BTW:

Attach file:

jpg  h.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  stevienicks.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  Stevie-Nicks.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2012/3/29 15:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.