Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
195 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH700R4 / 4L60
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

interpilot Truckin'
Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Hi guys, haven't been here for awhile. On the road again. Currently in Burns Harbor Indiana 'CrEngland Facility' .. 18 Wheeling. Had to check in motel and kick bug. "Question": Need new phone, 3G iPhone old. Need new plan, my girls family plan w/Tmobile SUCK'S A BIG ONE! Probably back to ATT&T. Need very best options = Most current X'Gen,Tech .. Very best wireless 'Nationwide' modem, carrier, etc. Need realtime data .. not theory." Thanks in advance, Stig'
Posted on: 2013/1/12 23:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Truckin'
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Weekends are kind of slow here. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll get some good feedback eventually.
Posted on: 2013/1/13 4:06

interpilot Re: Truckin'
Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Thanks Brother, First time in a month I have time to research. Kickin' it in motel with cable, micro, bath, laundry, heat, internet kinda, feels like heaven to me right now. These wi/fi connections suck big time. My old 1995 Windows laptop was faster/reliable than this sheiit. Already exceded bandwidth here, so they limited me, no pic's etc. The new phones have new internet connections faster home base, connects laptop at high speeds also. All our trucks are equipped w/Qualcom satellite computers. But primarily for business. Currently my 1st. choice is Samsung Galaxy SIII. All have trade/offs. But Galaxy has the biggest screen, a real plus when driving. http://reviews.cnet.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-review/ .. A few nights back I went over Cascade Range, Washington; "Elevation: "14,409' (4,392 m)" at night in White/out, thick black ice & 55+wind gusts. Went through Wybloming & Idaho, all in 10.75hrs. time - monitoring 2 GPS. units & Qualcom. As you can imagine, miss a downshift or two, w/80,000lb. tractor/trailer .. 'certain death'. iPhone screen to small to see.
Posted on: 2013/1/13 5:45

Matatk Re: Truckin'
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

My wife has the Galaxy SII and likes it. If we get another phone, it will be the SIII.

I've used my friends' iphones and never liked them as much as my android.

We currently have Sprint but have had flaky service at times. We were looking to switch to T-Mobile which is kind of funny since you don't like them. We had ATT with crappy service prior to switching to Sprint. I think the bottom line is no one has perfect service.

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/1/13 6:53

teebee Re: Truckin'
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

We've had verizon for quite a few years. Service is pretty good, even out here in the boonies. Some say ATT is cheaper though. as for phones my SIL has SII faster than my Casio by far.
Posted on: 2013/1/13 13:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Durango_Boy Re: Truckin'
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Nationally, Verizon seems to whomp everyone else's ass. I highly recommend them. I have an average 4G speed of 31 - 39 MBS here in central MO and even with my 3G phone when I traveled I ALWAYS had a great signal and never had dropped calls or bad service.

I currently have an HTC Incredible 4G. It's similar spec wise to the Galaxy S III but it doesn't have the monster sized screen...I still prefer them in the 4" range.

The Best phones from Verizon right now are the Incredible, the S III, and the Razor lineup. Stop by a Verizon place and check them out.

BTW, my Wife is an Apple nut so I'm constantly exposed to her iPhones and they do not impress me at all.
Posted on: 2013/1/13 14:16
Edited by Durango_Boy on 2013/1/13 15:03:22

Ultraman Re: Truckin'
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14761 Posts

Vorizon pisses me off at times but there is nothing else out here that has the coverage into the remote areas that I travel.....I can remember coming up over the old Bozeman Pass in Montana before the 4lane and missed a shift on a 4 X 4 and had to stop and start over....not all bad but the whole line of trucks behind me had to stop also....luckaly no CB's back then and I did not stop at a truck stop till we hit Fargo.....
Posted on: 2013/1/13 14:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Vorizon pisses me off at times but there is nothing else out here that has the coverage into the remote areas that I travel.....I can remember coming up over the old Bozeman Pass in Montana before the 4lane and missed a shift on a 4 X 4 and had to stop and start over....not all bad but the whole line of trucks behind me had to stop also....luckaly no CB's back then and I did not stop at a truck stop till we hit Fargo.....

HaHa' .. Oh Ya' .. Years ago I was towing my C4 from MN. back to Cali. I entered a steep uphill onramp to freeway in Montana, totally missed the big guy hammering uphill .. He blasted his airhorn and proceeded to chew me a new asshole, my CB. was on. When he finally chilled, I said: "sorry there big guy, I totally f_cked up .. didn't see ya" .. Then he laughed. We spent the next 100+miles chatting about Corvettes & 18 wheelers. Really, sometimes you meet the most interesting folks on the road. So far I have yet to find a better option than Samsung Galaxy SIII .. The big screen is the biggest+. I had ATT&T since early analog days, but mostly in SoCal. Almost flawless service. Not so sure about nationwide compared to Verizon? I can tell you from recent experience, having towed my C4 from Santa Barbara Ca. back to old home in St.Paul MN. in Aug. Tmobile totally 'sucked'. So I guess it is really coming down to carrier, ATT&T or Verizon. But no decision yet, "Hammer On"
Posted on: 2013/1/13 17:19

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:
Nationally, Verizon seems to whomp everyone else's ass. I highly recommend them. I have an average 4G speed of 31 - 39 MBS here in central MO and even with my 3G phone when I traveled I ALWAYS had a great signal and never had dropped calls or bad service.

I currently have an HTC Incredible 4G. It's similar spec wise to the Galaxy S III but it doesn't have the monster sized screen...I still prefer them in the 4" range.

The Best phones from Verizon right now are the Incredible, the S III, and the Razor lineup. Stop by a Verizon place and check them out.

BTW, my Wife is an Apple nut so I'm constantly exposed to her iPhones and they do not impress me at all.

Yes I agree' .. I have reached final decision, purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S'III and Verizon service yesterday. I concluded after extensive research Galaxy S'III was best for my purposes. Large keyboard for my fat thumbs works so much better than my iPhone. The large screen is super for seeing while driving. I am much more than totally blown away by this new technology! Way better than I even imagined. In the truck the Galaxy realtime 3D.Nav.GPS. is light years ahead of the current Garmin units. Totally Mind-Blowing' .. and literally millions of ap's available. For Purposes' Ap's like "Trucker tools" http://www.truckertools.com/ .. A free Application that does so much for us. List truck stops w/current fuel prices, weigh stations, routing & fuel optimization, permits & IFTA for all states which be completed before we even arrive at the port of entry & is DOT. legal. A scanner AP. that scans a load on dock before being loaded, calculating weights and such, which I can send data to Corporate realtime. Galaxy'SIII Mounted as dash/cam can read license plates of the asshole that cuts me off and creates an accident. To many possibilities to even begin to mention. The Verizon G4-LTE is the largest network. Ten times more coverage than AT&T, and all others combined. 'Tmobile' has no coverage at all' .. Better than Star-Trek!!, I looked on Amazon dot com, they wanted $899 for GS'III, got it for $199 with Verizon. Worth every dime, even at $1,000+. I know the active GPS. will save my life!.

Attach file:

jpg  High Tech.jpg (50.26 KB)
10469_50f65651b0e1d.jpg 448X173 px
Posted on: 2013/1/16 7:28

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

interpilot wrote:

Yes I agree' .. I have reached final decision, purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S'III and Verizon service yesterday. I concluded after extensive research Galaxy S'III was best for my purposes. Large keyboard for my fat thumbs works so much better than my iPhone. The large screen is super for seeing while driving. I am much more than totally blown away by this new technology!

"2013 Spaceship 'Cascadia' "

Attach file:

jpg  2013:'Cascadia'.jpg (763.04 KB)
10469_50f659ed17b8f.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  Washington 01:13.jpg (475.15 KB)
10469_50f65bb312133.jpg 1595X951 px
Posted on: 2013/1/16 7:50

Durango_Boy Re: Truckin'
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I used to run an unloading company in a DG distribution center. We would unload around 100 live loads a day between two shifts, and another 40 - 50 drop trailers in between.

I got to talk to a lot of cool drivers. A lot of a holes. A few Asian / Russian cab wives, and some very cool trucks. I loved when a guy had his hood up so I could ogle the sheer massiveness of the engine components. LOL.
Posted on: 2013/1/16 14:02

BillH Re: Truckin'
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:
I used to run an unloading company in a DG distribution center. We would unload around 100 live loads a day between two shifts, and another 40 - 50 drop trailers in between.

I used to load trucks, precast concrete, one pick with the Straddlelift was 3, 8ft by 40 ft beams, around 40k lbs,IIRC.
One pic, one load, done.
Posted on: 2013/1/16 15:34

1Fast04Vert Re: Truckin'
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

I have over a million miles in the big rigs, never had an accident or a moving violation on the road. Back then the trucks were very primitive and having a working AC was a real bonus. I drove tanker and stayed mostly east of the Mississippi, but occassionally got a bit further west.
Posted on: 2013/1/16 17:54

Huskerland
14761 Posts

Pretty nice truck....what happened to the shift tower...? I started out on a 318 Detroit with a 4X4 and moved on up from there. Thought it couldn't get any better than a 350 Cummins and a 13 speed.....you know...cab over Pete with a reefer on.....lol
Posted on: 2013/1/16 18:03

bogus Re: Truckin'
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that ain't no truck...that's an RV with a shit load of torque. Sweet rig!!!

The SIII is nice and Verizon isn't bad at all.

I have an iPhone 4S with at&t, but I have the old "unlimited" iPhone plan.... My 3G was great, the 4 sucked (bad home buttons) and the 4S is about as great as the 3G was. My 4S is white. Wanted something different.

I have been with at&t from way back when... I started with Cellular 1, which became Cingular, which was merged into at&t... that goes back over 20 years ago. Me and my bud Chris were the first to have car phones back in the day. big ass car phones, with real pig tail antennas!!
Posted on: 2013/1/16 18:30

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

This is very close to the lift that I loaded trucks with. It was big enough to walk over top of the 40 ft. load and the trailer.

Before I started running the lift, I was driving concrete mixers, really old ones, you know, 5 speed and 4 speed sticks, plywood covering the seat springs.

The tractors we had to shuttle trailers around the yard were even worse.

Attach file:

jpg  drott.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/1/16 19:50

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

A guy on our race team was a driver, I used to go on hauls with him to help unload.

I can still remember going up the Allegheny mountains at 10 mph with the throttle pulled all the way put and Joe standing on the running board, one hand on the steering wheel, taking a wizz.

Attach file:

jpg  mack_b_model_6_b77.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/1/16 20:39

Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Bill, that looks like a 1961 B model Mack. I learned on a slightly earlier model, a 1953 LJ to be exact. Back then Mack built a great truck, but once they were bought out by Renault it started going down hill. The R model was the best truck ever built, especially the maxidyne 5 speed models.

Most R model and earlier did not have AC. For driver cooling there were the vent windows that could spin around,
vents on both sides at floor level, a vent on the center of the cowl and another vent on the roof. Then forced air via a dash mounted defrost fan.
Posted on: 2013/1/16 23:44

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

1Fast04Vert wrote:
Bill, that looks like a 1961 B model Mack. I learned on a slightly earlier model, a 1953 LJ to be exact. Back then Mack built a great truck, but once they were bought out by Renault it started going down hill. The R model was the best truck ever built, especially the maxidyne 5 speed models.

Most R model and earlier did not have AC. For driver cooling there were the vent windows that could spin around,
vents on both sides at floor level, a vent on the center of the cowl and another vent on the roof. Then forced air via a dash mounted defrost fan.

Yea, that sounds real close. It's close to the rigs I rode in.

It's also close to the first yard trucks and mixers I drove.
But the one in the pic looks concourse compaired to the ones at the concrete plant.

In 1978 or so, I had a CDL but went to work as the service director in a Ford stealership.
I did get to take out the new CL 9000's for check rides, bob tailing of course.

Attach file:

jpg  cl 9000.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/1/16 23:56

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Pretty nice truck....what happened to the shift tower...? I started out on a 318 Detroit with a 4X4 and moved on up from there. Thought it couldn't get any better than a 350 Cummins and a 13 speed.....you know...cab over Pete with a reefer on.....lol

So you noticed' .. That's a poster pic' for the 2013. A new automatic. I been running an old 2009, just getting broken in, only 1 million miles on her. Thats pic' in Washington sunrise just before loading apples & crossing Cascades. Eaton 12 speed, actually standard 8 speed with 4 split gears 5-8. Really nice for fine tuning. These newer transmissions are really sweet' .. totally bullit/proof. Float the shifts, only time I touch clutch is starting & stopping. Big Turbo, hardly notice the elevations. These new trucks are air suspension, ride like a 25,000lb. Lincoln Towncar!! Fun part is BobTailing', then you really realize the Torque, it really rips.

Attach file:

jpg  Driving Tips.jpg (435.08 KB)
10469_50f74dd3c4fc0.jpg 1516X1117 px
Posted on: 2013/1/17 1:02

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
A guy on our race team was a driver, I used to go on hauls with him to help unload.

I can still remember going up the Allegheny mountains at 10 mph with the throttle pulled all the way put and Joe standing on the running board, one hand on the steering wheel, taking a wizz.

wow' what a great pic' .. Reminds me of many years gone by when I hitched a ride with a crusty old driver cross/country in an old Mack' .. no passenger seat, must have rode over a thousand miles ratlin' & shakin' on an old milk carton. What can you say, 'Those were the days"!

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1437_1.JPG (723.91 KB)
10469_50f7515f51f13.jpg 1600X1200 px
Posted on: 2013/1/17 1:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

I drove munitions with one of these beasts in Germany.

Attach file:

jpg  The Beast.jpg (54.35 KB)
852_50f75961abd07.jpg 640X480 px
Posted on: 2013/1/17 1:52

Huskerland
14761 Posts

B model Mack...that was a mans truck.....235 hp I think and about 300 rpm splits with a 5 x 4 if I remember right....lol on the pissing while standing on the running board......trucks were just starting to improve when I got in it back in the early 70's.....always wanted a conventional KW.....and I would still like to have a straight nosed Pete.....just to take out to Denver and back every now and then for fun.....
Posted on: 2013/1/17 1:54

Huskerland
14761 Posts

Kinda like this one.....

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

interpilot wrote:
wow' what a great pic' .. Reminds me of many years gone by when I hitched a ride with a crusty old driver cross/country in an old Mack' .. no passenger seat, must have rode over a thousand miles ratlin' & shakin' on an old milk carton. What can you say, 'Those were the days"!

Yea our yard Macks had put in a full life on the road, they had no seat covers, wires hanging down from the dash and the fenders falling off but still could pull a load.....just not very fast,
Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:56

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
B model Mack...that was a mans truck.....235 hp I think and about 300 rpm splits with a 5 x 4 if I remember right....lol on the pissing while standing on the running board......trucks were just starting to improve when I got in it back in the early 70's.....always wanted a conventional KW.....and I would still like to have a straight nosed Pete.....just to take out to Denver and back every now and then for fun.....

The cool thing is that there's still people restoring them.

Attach file:

jpg  mack.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:57

Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Tommy, is that an R190? International Harvestor, now Navistar, is the only American owned heavy truck manufacturer left.
Posted on: 2013/1/17 3:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Quote:

1Fast04Vert wrote:
Tommy, is that an R190? International Harvestor, now Navistar, is the only American owned heavy truck manufacturer left.

I really couldn't say Andy. We had a host of equipment choices and I was qualified to drive them all. Farm tractors, fork lifts, bomb loaders, quad pick-ups, H-11 cranes, riding lawnmowers, cargo trucks, Ford single axle cabs, trailers of all sizes and an International Harvestor similar to that one. I never did learn to shift it right but I always got it to move.
Posted on: 2013/1/17 4:06

Huskerland
14761 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

1Fast04Vert wrote:

I never did learn to shift it right but I always got it to move.

Didn't the computer match the rpm's for you each time...lol
Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:00

Guru Newb
st. paul, minnesota
42 Posts

[quote] Ultraman wrote: Verizon' pisses me off at times but there is nothing else out here that has the coverage into the remote areas that I travel..

"Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened"

Greetings from Chicago' .. Fascinating City, especially with the all the recent scientific research being done. Spectacular city views, my all-time favorite is from my rear view mirrors' ..

Attach file:

jpg  Homo Erectus.jpg (60.82 KB)
10469_50f9e4167bfce.jpg 500X422 px
Posted on: 2013/1/19 0:10

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

interpilot wrote:
Greetings from Chicago' .. Fascinating City, especially with the all the recent scientific research being done. Spectacular city views, my all-time favorite is from my rear view mirrors' ..

We've seen pictures of Matthew before.
Posted on: 2013/1/19 0:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.