Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDC
Assembly Line Diagnostic Connection

The connection to the ECM/PCM of a computer controlled vehicle, in the case of the C4 Corvette, located under ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

captmike13 Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good morning gang.

Happy aniversery Matt.

Prayers for all those affected by what happened in DC.

Glad to see the Concordia is up right. Lets hope another disaster like that doesn't happen again.

It's coold this morning and no rain. It should be sunny with temps in the high 60's low 70's.

Word of the Day Tuesday, September 17, 2013

fleer\ fleer \, verb;

1. to grin or laugh coarsely or mockingly.

2. to mock or deride.

3. a fleering look; a jeer or gibe.

Origin:

Fleer originally comes from the Norwegian word flire meaning "a grin."
Posted on: 2013/9/17 10:06

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sbah lkhir
Posted on: 2013/9/17 10:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

j3studio Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all!

Fall is definitely coming - it was 45 degrees when we left home this morning. Time to start thinking about swapping to the all-seasons on the 2012 ...

Posted on: 2013/9/17 11:40

TommyT-Bone Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Good morning.
The doctor told my BIL that my sister is fighting an infection. He informed him that her chances of survival were about 40%. My sister has fought a long and hard battle with her disease, diabetes, but in the end we all know the disease will eventually win. Their lifestyle has left my BIL in a horrible position. They lived month to month and over their head in expenses. He does not have the financial resources to do what will need to be done. He will not be able to afford to stay where he is at. They are hoarders and have a house filled to the rafters with stuff that nobody will want to move. They have multiple storage units filled with more stuff. No doubt he will have to move and there will be no volunteers. I thought about helping him but to be honest, most of the stuff should either be donated or piled for disposal. I have offered viable advice to them for years but the course they chose is of their own making. Their lives are a mess. Soon, his life will be a disaster. I don't really know how he'll cope. If someone is to be overwhelmed it will be him. A tsunami of situations left unattended is coming. The waters are rising. The waves are building and it will totally consume him. No doubt that when it's all over, most of what he knew will be washed away. The end of my sisters life is destined to force a new beginning for him. It's gonna be a mess.

Turn the page

My son has been visiting with his grandparents. He is discussing ideas about his future. I recently told him that even dealing with my families issues, he is still on my radar. His stuff is still in our old house temporarily. We are giving him enough room to try to straighten out his life. That involves him talking with both sets of grandparents about his idea. His future will be based on their decision to financially back him or not. Our eviction decision will be based on his reaction the their response. If they don't back his idea, he must go to work. If he does not go to work he must leave the house. Cut and dry, plain and simple. A three day eviction notice can be ready in a flash. So, the story continues.

Finally

I still have my list of things that need to be done and I'm trying my best to knock some of it out as other stuff gets put on the list. It wasn't very long ago I had a very short list but that's no longer the case. I have to get busy. I have to heed some of the advice I give to others and take care of a few things now before they grow into bigger situations.

So how's your day going?
Posted on: 2013/9/17 12:14

teebee Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys....late summer making a comeback today and tomorrow. Upper 80's to low 90's the next two days then back to more fall like weather. Homecoming week here and I "got" to sponsor float decoration last night for my class (I'm a freshman sponsor this year).

The meetings yesterday were just plain sh!t. Government interference with education is killing it. We have no time to teach kids skills anymore, because we are required to teach them things taught in other areas, because they are what is on the standardized test they are given at the end of the year which is tied to funding of the school. So practical skills (like hands on classes, Woodworking, Drafting, Auto mech and welding) are slighted. Apparently those skills are not important anymore. Just doesn't make any sense to me. They tell us, "Don't change what you're teaching, incorporate these other things." OK, but I tell them "I've always done these things" and the come back is "Well you just need to spend more time doing them." OK so when do I get to teach "MY subject?"......OK off my soapbox....again.

Got to go to school and teach everyone elses' subjects.
Posted on: 2013/9/17 12:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14756 Posts

Well it was going fairly good until I read all that .....yeah we all have to make good choices but still sometimes things just stack up on you....I feel sorry for your family and you will need to rally around a give a hand no matter what poor decisions were made...it's what families do......Sometimes you just have to love them where they are at......Prayers for you guys as you move forward.

Foggy here today but burning off by noon and then should be good for a few days. Got a bit more rain last night.

Big news of the day is a tape was released by Deadspin that has Husker Coach Pelini verbaly F bombing the fans and media and about everything else. It was actually recorded in 2011 after a come back win over Ohio State which is even stranger yet. The powers to be are not happy and it may just seal his fate here in Huskerland.....we shall see...

Not much else going on, have a good day Guru's....
Posted on: 2013/9/17 12:33

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

KPotter Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Let's see if we can lighten things up a bit here.

In honor of today being "Halfway to St. Patrick's Day" I offer this classic.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 12:45

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! The day turned out pretty nice yesterday - good weather and company, mediocre golf and lousy banquet food. Didn't get home until after 10PM, so it was a long day. Good thing my nap chair isn't here at the office, or I'd be in it. I imagine that would violate some company policy.

Mojo on the family front, Tommy. Sadly, a lot of folks can't see what is right in front of them.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2013/9/17 13:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

84Xfire Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
Guru Newb
Lake Havasu City, AZ
44 Posts

Good morning Gurus....

Feeling better day by day. My Dr. appt. is this Thursday; I hope he will release me to light duty on Monday as I'm bored to tears.

Got a call from the body shop on my repainted wing...now how to get the 'vette back there for the day so they can finish it up?!

Should be a great day today, so make it a great one whatever you're doing
Posted on: 2013/9/17 13:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Sorry about the downer. I meant it to be more of an eye opener. It's just the facts. I roll with the flow and do what needs to be done. I've started off the day tackling a few things already. We have to keep things moving in the right direction. Forward ........

Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:55

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

By the way, the Muppet Danny Boy is exactly the same way I sing it except I throw a couple of la,la,la's into it.
Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:57

vetteblondie Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Sorry to hear of your family situations, Tommy - prayers that things all work out in all directions.
Looking to be a long day at work today - not much to do and although I sometimes hope for those days so I can relax a little, it makes for a loooonnnng day. Feels like I've been here half the day already and it's only been an hour.
Rain due in here in a few days, guess y'all are sending me your left overs... we need some although it will mess up my clean up job on the Vette. Will also interfere with my tree trimming people who were to come take down a tree at the end of this week. Well, had they been here two weeks ago like they were supposed to I guess that would not have been an issue....either way, I want the one tree topped out, it's nearly dead and the HUGE pines, the three left in the back need tended to and groomed. Landlord is pissy cause I want the work done. I fired back at him and reminded him of the ice storm we had in '09 and how I'd lost $900+ of stuff and never got any reimbursement from it. Insurance deductible was $500 hardly worth filing over... told him I finally have accumulated some of my things back and really don't want to lose more stuff cause of his trees. I'm already on my third screen house, bought a new one last year and a limb from the tree I want topped ruined it two months later. Pine limbs falling from those others left and right.
Posted on: 2013/9/17 15:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14756 Posts

Speaking of trees.....the guys were supposed to come out today and cut down the last of our big Scotch pines that we planted 20 years ago and have all gone away....but it rained and now is too wet to pull in the field with the trailer. Really pissed me off that they all got the pine bark beetle in them and they killed them.....there won't be a scotch pine left anywhere.....So we planted some new trees and moved on.....
Posted on: 2013/9/17 15:48

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Tues chat 17 Sep 2013
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Tommy, we must have posted at about the same time this morning, as I didn't see yours until now. Prayers sent your way, sometimes choices we make affect people we love, but can't see that, even if we hit them up side the head. We must be as supportive as possible and the big man upstairs will take care of things his way.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 16:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2013/9/17 19:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.