Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Automatic Slip Regulation
Also known as ASR; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

istter1 Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Is everybody asleep. Why do we still do this
Posted on: 2013/11/3 14:47

94BlueToy Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Cause it's fun. Nice day here in ND. May go for a cruise this afternoon in the Toy. I put the Firebirds and the Z28 away for the winter but have kept the vette out so far. Maybe all winter because it is always so nice up here.
Posted on: 2013/11/3 15:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4663 Posts

up early here, 7:30 with the time adjustment... sunny day but only going to be 60. Need to get some things done but can't shake the sleepies....
Posted on: 2013/11/3 15:18

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

I'm up and have been working in the back yard on the banana patch. Cold front blew through and it's nice outside. We have go for a ride to look at a job site about 45 minutes away. It's just to go scope out the job. May go to the movies later. Trying to have a relaxing day with the wife.(Don't know that that is possible.) Meatloaf is in the oven and almost done.

Peace be with you.
Posted on: 2013/11/3 15:19

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

LOL. Already got in trouble with the wife several times already and it isn't even noon yet. Nothing new there.
Posted on: 2013/11/3 15:21

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

*yawn* *stretch* *is the coffee done yet?*

Howdy! It sure was nice getting that extra hour of sleep, since I am usually deprived in that area *checks for nose growth*. The wind picked up, so it raining leaves out there. Perhaps I'll go clean some of them up later as the forecast is calling for cold and soggy the next few days. Might be challenging as there are supposed to be 40mph gusts this afternoon. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll all blow into the neighbor's yard. Meanwhile, we'll see if any of the Goofers' luck can rub off on the Viqueens - it sure didn't last week.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2013/11/3 15:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14762 Posts

Holy man woman and child....pity the fool who left the Husker game early yesterday....4 seconds left our 3rd string quarterback launches a 50 yard hail mary that is tipped in to the arms or a redshirt freshman for the walkoff win over hapless Northwestern. 90K people went absolutly nuts....unbelievable....catch it on Sportscenter its a lot of fun...

The weather was perfect yesterday for the game and I took my SIL to the game....he of course is a big Red fan...or I would have discouraged the marriage...I took the GS in and after the jumping up and down and slamming around by boisterous fans it was pure bliss folding myself into that heated seat for the drive home.....I made fun of those heated seats when I got the car, now I wouldn't have one without....

Today to celebrate I am going to watch some football on TV.....have a day of relaxation Guru's.....
Posted on: 2013/11/3 16:07

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14762 Posts

Speaking of all things red today.....we like this kind of pickups out here....

Posted on: 2013/11/3 16:38

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Holy man woman and child....pity the fool who left the Husker game early yesterday....4 seconds left our 3rd string quarterback launches a 50 yard hail mary that is tipped in to the arms or a redshirt freshman for the walkoff win over hapless Northwestern. 90K people went absolutly nuts....unbelievable....catch it on Sportscenter its a lot of fun...

The weather was perfect yesterday for the game and I took my SIL to the game....he of course is a big Red fan...or I would have discouraged the marriage...I took the GS in and after the jumping up and down and slamming around by boisterous fans it was pure bliss folding myself into that heated seat for the drive home.....I made fun of those heated seats when I got the car, now I wouldn't have one without....

Today to celebrate I am going to watch some football on TV.....have a day of relaxation Guru's.....

Congrats, Marcus - I was doing play-by-play yesterday ;-)

http://www.corvetteguruforum.com/modu ... id=231761#forumpost231761
Posted on: 2013/11/3 17:13

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14762 Posts

Yeah I was sweating it but had all but given up to another stunning loss....but that's why they play the game...instant Husker classic....I also see your Gophers are on a roll....Beating up on Indiana....Nice!
Posted on: 2013/11/3 18:32

BillH Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Congrats, Marcus

Posted on: 2013/11/3 19:34

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Its a little breezy out there - the wind picked up a reasonably heavy chair and threw it down these stairs, didn't leave a mark, so it must've been airborne all the way down:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/11/3 20:09

teebee Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Hey guys....just got home from the wedding weekend. Got the nephew married off, a nice reception and a wild dance. The In-laws hung right in there until 10pm (pretty good for them). We took them back to the motel where they slept good. Got up and around this morning, ate breakfast, watched the weather where it said we were in for high wind advisory...great coming out of the southwest, guess which way we were going? Yup, straight into the wind all the way home. Stopped in the "city" to pick up a few things and get a bite before coming home. We've now got the pickup unloaded and most everything put away, dirty clothes in the washer and I'm pooped. Think I'll go sit in front of the TV and maybe rest my eyes.
Posted on: 2013/11/3 21:50

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

About 2/3 of the leaves blew off our big maples out back - they are now all shredded and resting comfortably in my neighbor's garden.
Posted on: 2013/11/3 22:31

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Today felt like a long day. Maybe just the end of a long week. Have a couple days off coming up. I need to fix the garage door opener and get the garage squared away. I ordered a new garbage disposal this morning, too. Wife killed the bearings a few weeks ago. Always something. Oh well.

Tired and this daylight savings is throwing me off.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/11/4 2:24

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat Day Light saving
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4663 Posts

Today not only felt like a long day it STILL IS... It's only 8:30 here... feels like it should be 11:30... I managed to rearrange that back bedroom - again - and now have my 'cave' set back up - mini fridge and all, desk cleared, crap filed, dining table is also cleaned off of stuff that needed to go in the desk and in the trash, dishes are done, laundry is done, vacuuming is done, stuff stored under the house, I'm fed, plants watered, sat outside for a bit and relaxed - sitting inside relaxing now - I have a crap load of leaves beside the house any of you are welcome to come get....
Posted on: 2013/11/4 2:33

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.