Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
280 user(s) are online (232 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  HUD
HEADS UP DISPLAY. A DIGITAL PROJECTED DISPLAY ON INSIDE OF WINDSHIELD CONTAINING VEHICLE INFO SUCH AS SPEED, ENGINE TEMP, RPM, ETC. FOR DRIVER INFOR...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

captmike13 Thursday 2 Oct 2014
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good morning gang.

Looks like the last day of warm weather here for a while. Rain on and off today and then a cold front moves in an it cools off.

Word of the Day Thursday, October 02, 2014

exilic \ eg-ZIL-ik, ek-SIL- \, adjective;

1. pertaining to exile, especially that of the Jews in Babylon.

Today is NATIONAL FRIED SCALLOPS DAY

Each year on October 2, it is National Fried Scallops Day.

A scallop is a common name which is applied to many species of marine bivalve mollusks in the family Pectinidae. Scallops are a cosmopolitan family and are found in all of the world’s oceans.

Many scallops are highly prized as a food source and the name “scallop” is also applied to the meat of the scallops when it is used as seafood.

Enjoy these “tried and true” Fried Scallop recipes and have a great National Fried Scallops Day:

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/wx9bv2f6/pan-fried-sea-scallops.html

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ma6df6cw/pan-fried-scallops.html

NATIONAL FRIED SCALLOPS DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Fried Scallops Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL CUSTODIAL WORKERS RECOGNITION DAY

Today is a day, set aside, to show appreciation to custodial workers across the nation as this is National Custodial Workers Recognition Day, a day that is celebrated annually on October 2.

Custodial workers work behind the scenes and are often unappreciated for the hard work that they do day after day keeping schools, hospitals, office buildings, museums, churches and etc. clean and well maintained.

These people are an important part of the success of many businesses as a clean, well maintained, and operational building is a reflection on the business itself.

If you are a custodial worker, we at National Day Calendar want to wish you a happy National Custodial Workers Recognition Day.

If you know a custodial worker, THANK THEM today!

NATIONAL CUSTODIAL WORKERS RECOGNITION DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the creator and origin of National Custodial Workers Recognition Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL NAME YOUR CAR DAY

If you do not already have a name for your car, now is the time to personalize it and pick a name today, as it is National Name Your Car Day which is celebrated each year on October 2.

Many of you most likely remember “Herbie” the Love Bug, “Lightning McQueen” from Cars, “Kit” from Knight Rider, “General Lee” from The Dukes of Hazzard and “Bandit” from Smokey and the Bandit. These are just some of the famous car names that are known by millions of people.

We spend a lot of time in our cars and take good care of them so why not give them a special name?

Have you chosen your car’s name yet?

Did you know there are e-cards for National Name Your Car Day? Send one to a friend today!

NATIONAL NAME YOUR CAR DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator or origin of National Name Your Car Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 10:14

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Ke kyolwa
Posted on: 2014/10/2 10:32

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

This weather is really weird. I was about 72 yesterday. Should be 78 and rain today. This weekend the high is in the 50s with a low of 39. I can't believe it. Of course I have this weekend off and we are having a bday party for RR#2.

I ordered some new socket sets that arrived the other day. I don't like having a mixed set of sockets, even if they are good quality. Call it my OCD, I don't know. So I got a nice set of gearwrench 1/4" and gearwrench 3/8" sockets and socket wrenches. Seems to be very nice quality. I cleaned up the toolbox a little more and put those in. Now I really think I need a bigger box

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2014/10/2 11:32

teebee Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys...cool here this morning and today is supposed to be much cooler as well. I get to sponsor float decoration today after school and this evening. Need to clean the bugs off the front of the pickup as they are using it in the parade as well. Never ask to use the Corvette.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 12:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Gonna be gloomy and drizzly today, and they say the high tomorrow will be 48, so that will be delightful. The Vette's in the garage, and its days are numbered.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2014/10/2 12:28

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

I'm glad Tee...it would be hard to pull the float with your car.....rainy and cool here right now, could change by the time my morning nap is over....the GS got drizzled on last night coming back from Lincoln....means I will have to give it a bath later....

Have a safe day Guru's......National name your car day....maybe I will name my car Bob.....or not.......
Posted on: 2014/10/2 12:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

GMCG's

Today is sonny-boys birthday. We're going to take him to dinner tonight with the in-laws joining us. Sue and I are trying to figure out ways of helping him get off the streets without just giving him a free ride. A daunting task to say the least. He is seeing his doctors and he is taking his meds. He says he's unable to hold a job at this time. Of course none of us seem to understand that because we all worked our entire lives. Maybe we'll figure something out. Maybe we wont. For now his car will have to do. Not whining, not complaining, just stating the facts.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 13:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

National Fried Scallop Day? MMMmmm. I love scallops, especially broiled, smothered in melted butter, with a side of slaw and a biscuit. I know where to get it too. It's only 275 miles away.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 13:05

vetteblondie Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4660 Posts

Fried Scallop Day, now that sounds nice... Heck fried anything day is groovy. Rain due here today, not seen it yet. Just soon no to. Passed our Vette bunch this morning on my way to work, they were headed out to the Eureka Springs Corvette Weekend. Would been nice to go I suppose but I could drive up one day if I become so inclined. Didn't see the need to spend all that money on hotels and what not just to look at cars for three or four days and hang with those people. It's our car club but as of late, I'm not that interested in them. Rather spend my money on beach time. I guess I do have hangups, I used to like to go to that event.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 15:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Thursday 2 Oct 2014
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

IT'S RAINING ON THE CHEROKEES THIS MORNING, AS WELL AS NUMEROUS OTHER TRIBES & "NATIONS".

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WISHES, GURUS. I'LL POST A SITREP LATER.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 15:21

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Not pulling a float, Marcus. Shuttling candidates in the parade. They would rather show them off in a pickup than in the Corvette. That's when you know you live in REDNECK country.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 16:10

Resized Image

Huskerland
14760 Posts

My problem is I'm a .38 Super guy in a 9MM world. I have a Colt Commander .38 Super which I truly love and am very accurate with. I have put a ton of all kinds of +P .38 rounds through it and never once has it hung fire or messed up.

I was at Scheels yesterday burning up some time and ran across a Colt Defender in a 9MM and a .45 (yikes) Great looking pistol and fit my hand just right....it just doesn't come in a .38 Super configuration....my idea is to have hand weapons in the same caliber so I can keep my ammo all the same.....now I'm looking for other brands that have .38 Super pistols.....any ideas.....should I give up on the .38's and get modern? The Super is kinda oddball....
Posted on: 2014/10/2 16:18

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Not pulling a float, Marcus. Shuttling candidates in the parade. They would rather show them off in a pickup than in the Corvette. That's when you know you live in REDNECK country.

......no kidding...
Posted on: 2014/10/2 16:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote: Heck fried anything day is groovy.

Posted on: 2014/10/2 16:22

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

I was bustin ass, feeling energetic. I came inside to the A/C, a cold NA and the computer. Now I have a case of the nods. Better get off my tush and back into the action before I do something I'll regret.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 16:28

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Posted on: 2014/10/2 16:40

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
My problem is I'm a .38 Super guy in a 9MM world. I have a Colt Commander .38 Super which I truly love and am very accurate with. I have put a ton of all kinds of +P .38 rounds through it and never once has it hung fire or messed up.

I was at Scheels yesterday burning up some time and ran across a Colt Defender in a 9MM and a .45 (yikes) Great looking pistol and fit my hand just right....it just doesn't come in a .38 Super configuration....my idea is to have hand weapons in the same caliber so I can keep my ammo all the same.....now I'm looking for other brands that have .38 Super pistols.....any ideas.....should I give up on the .38's and get modern? The Super is kinda oddball....

TRY .357 SIG, PERFORMANCE WISE IT'S A LOT LIKE THE .38 SUPER AND A LOT MORE COMMON. COMMON CAL. MAY BE THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM :-) BUT THEN I'M ABOUT GUNS LIKE SOME OF YOU ALL ARE ABOUT TOOLS. I'M WORKING TOWARD HAVING ALL MY CAR & CARRY PIECES 1911 STYLE SO THE "INTO ACTION" DRILL IS ALL THE SAME.

IF YOU'RE TIRED OF THAT COMMANDER I'LL GIVE YA FI DOLLA FOR IT.
Posted on: 2014/10/2 18:11

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

IT'S RAINING ON THE CHEROKEES THIS MORNING, AS WELL AS NUMEROUS OTHER TRIBES & "NATIONS".

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WISHES, GURUS. I'LL POST A SITREP LATER.

SO, EYE PROBLEM IS POST OP CORNEAL EDEMA. NOT COMMON BUT NOT UNHEARD OF, GOT Rx FOR IT ON ORDER. MAY NOT USE IT AS THE HAZE IS ALMOST GONE AND I DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH NATURAL PROCESSES WHEN THEY'RE GOING MY WAY. I'M A MINIMAL DRUG GUY :-)
Posted on: 2014/10/2 18:19

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Glad the fog is lifting GRIS....I did find the piece I want from Wilson Combat.....but holy cow it big money....I also like the 1911 style and am use to it so kinda thinking I would stick with something like it for my boot gun.....only smaller and lighter.....

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-p ... htweight.asp#.VC2uxk4o5Yc

I am surprised what the older Colt .38 Supers are bringing.....I better hold on to mine...
Posted on: 2014/10/2 19:47
Edited by Ultraman on 2014/10/2 20:03:00
Edited by Ultraman on 2014/10/2 20:05:39

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Glad the fog is lifting GRIS....I did find the piece I want from Wilson Combat.....but holy cow it big money....I also like the 1911 style and am use to it so kinda thinking I would stick with something like it for my boot gun.....only smaller and lighter.....

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-p ... htweight.asp#.VC2uxk4o5Yc

I am surprised what the older Colt .38 Supers are bringing.....I better hold on to mine...

WC MAKES SOME GREAT GUNS. ONE OF THEIR EARLIER COMPACTS IS THE BEST SHOOTING LITTLE GUN I'VE EVER FIRED. SIG MAKES A COMPACT 1911 STYLE W/A 3" BBL THAT'S QUITE LIGHT, NICE BELLY GUN, NOT NEAR AS EXPENSIVE AS WC :-)
Posted on: 2014/10/2 23:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
I'M A MINIMAL DRUG GUY :-)

Me too. I like to take the smallest amount possible to get the maximum effect.
Posted on: 2014/10/3 0:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Many drugs are simply compounds derived from a natural source. Taking drugs is sort of like taking only the natural ingredients you need and dumping the excess. Of course the drug manufacturers hold it all together with 97% inert ingredients.
Posted on: 2014/10/3 0:37

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Did my sponsorship duty and was there while the judging occurred. Then went to the bonfire where the local parent backer group had hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and soft drinks for the kids before the bonfire. I had a burger and a dog and cut out to watch the ball game. Top of the 7th Royals and Angels tied 2-2.

Working on setting up two new computers for a local business.
Posted on: 2014/10/3 3:06

Resized Image

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Yeah....Royals win it......must go to bed.....
Posted on: 2014/10/3 5:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.