Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
325 user(s) are online (269 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman 9-11.................
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Been 15 years.......and how our world has changed.....I had slept in that day because the summer scouting was over, kinda like is going on now.....and I was standing in the kitchen getting my coffee and the small TV we have was showing what must be a movie about a jet plane crashing into a building....the sound was off and I was just looking at the picture.....so I moved to turn it up thinking weird time for a movie to be on.........and then I found out the truth and all our lives changed in an instant.......the good old days were gone for ever. Damn......Damn.......Damn.......lest we forget!

Enjoy each day Guru's........
Posted on: 2016/9/11 11:31

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: 9-11.................
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

...on a brighter note......you remember Uboys roommate that was critically injured in June on a National Guard Maneuver....I stopped in to see him yesterday after the game. He is in good spirits and is regaining the use of his left arm.....he is feeding himself now.......he was excited to tell me that he had a guest that stopped in to chat with him last week. Larry the Cable Guy was in the building and stopped to encourage Brett to keep fighting. Larry as you know is from Nebraska and looooves those Huskers.

He also left 3 tickets to the Oregon Nebraska home game next week to be watched with him in his private suite at Memorial Stadium.....now that's cool..........So Brett invited Uboy to go with him and along with Brett's Dad to hang with Larry for an afternoon and watch a little football.......Brett and his family are sold out Husker fans just like about everyone in the State so this is a big deal and Larry is taking care of the transportation to and from the game for Brett in his chair....... Good things do still happen........now we just have to figure out how to beat Oregon.........I have a wedding I must attend........who the hell has a wedding on the day of the Oregon Husker game?????? geeez.....really?
Posted on: 2016/9/11 11:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 9-11.................
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7658 Posts

SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, A PRETTY FALL DAY COMING UP. THE CHEROKEES APPROVE.

WE'LL HEAD OVER TO OKMULGEE THIS AFTERNOON TO PICK UP MY ANCIENT SETTER FROM THE FAMILY VET.

AND DONT FORGET:
"ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE"
GEORGE W. BUSH
Posted on: 2016/9/11 13:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 9-11.................
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hope Brett brought some Prilosec with him. NBD I'm sure Larry had some. Good story.

9/11 .... Like the Kennedy assassination, I will never forget where I was. I too was in the kitchen drinking coffee, turned on the tube and watched it all unfold from just after the first impact.

After I got out of the shower this morning Sue asked what my plans for the day were. I told her like always; "Whatever comes next. Whatever needs to be done." I don't think about it. I just do it. I see it, I do it. This is the same answer I routinely give when I don't have a set plan. For some reason she gets agitated every time. It's not the answer SHE wants. As I look around I see the priority jobs and try to do them first. You think she would know by now, but nope. It's only a matter of time before I hear ..... So, what are your plans for today ..... Maybe I'll surprise her and hand her a list.
Posted on: 2016/9/11 13:57

BillH Re: 9-11.................
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Wow, Marcus, that's just great.
Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:22

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
This is the same answer I routinely give when I don't have a set plan. For some reason she gets agitated every time. It's not the answer SHE wants.

So, what are your plans for today

"DNBFS.............Dear."

"And that's not open to debate............Dear."

We'll have a pool to see how long you keep your cajonies.
Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:29

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Tomorrow, UPS is bring me a box full of Corvette parts.

Today, I'll place an order for the parts I forgot to put in the first order.
Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:34

istter1 Re: 9-11.................
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Weather is great today. On 911 my students an I were watching the disaster unfold. Hope to not see that again in my life time.
Tomorrow the last caliper from Summit will arrive.
Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:47

teebee Re: 9-11.................
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys...slept in because I could. It was cool again, 43* when we got up. Headed for low-mid 70s. Rosie made a big breakfast. She's off on a walk right now. The plan is to go to the hot springs tonight for an evening of sitting in warm (to hot) mineral springs, with an occasional dip in the San Juan river. In the meantime, I'll listen to the Royals game.

I, too, remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about 9/11 doings. I had a student walk in to my classroom saying that a plane had flew into one of the WTC towers. I immediately turned on the radio to hear what I could and between classes I went over to the other building to see the TV. At this point I was thinking it was accidental. About 1/3 of the student population was in there watching when the second plane came flying in and hit the second tower. It was at that point we all realized the worst. From that point on that day, we got almost nothing accomplished, except to watch or listen to the TV and radio.

Funny thing is, the freshmen in high sschool this year are the first to not have lived through 9/11/2001. Their only exposure is through word of mouth. Not sure how they think about those events.

I hope that everyone will have a great day.
Posted on: 2016/9/11 16:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 9-11.................
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

That's way cool of Larry the Cable Guy doing that!!
Been at the beach for a couple days for a small break, headed home tomorrow. Got an up close view of some jelly fish - not for long tho - split quick.
Hope everyone has a good afternoon
Posted on: 2016/9/11 18:38

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 9-11.................
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7658 Posts

BACK HOME WITH DOTTY DOG, #1 DAUGHTER PUT HER ON PREDNISONE, PALLIATIVE CARE. NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO FOR A 12 YEAR OLD SETTER. SAD.

I WAS AT WORK IN MUSKOGEE 9-11, FIXING TO HEAD OUT ON AN H&I VISIT TO MY FOLKS AT OKC. MADE THE TRIP; DIDN'T GET MUCH DONE. IT OPENED OUR EYES FOR A WHILE. ETERNAL VIGILANCE IS THE IMPOSSIBLE PRICE OF LIBERTY.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 22:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Nothing's easy, the fuse box in the 67 was stuck to the firewall, it's a part you REALLY don't want to break, a 10 minute job took over an hour.

Started working on the instrument panel to get it ready for paint, wanted to pull the ign., headlight, cigar lighter and wiper switches.

The ign. switch wouldn't go into the accessory position (the only position that enables you to pull out the key tumblers to remove the switch). That took 45 minutes.

Then went to pull the headlight switch knob, it's stuck and the release button seems to be too. Soaking in WD40 now.

Thought this was a good place to stop for the day.
Posted on: 2016/9/11 23:40

Matatk Re: 9-11.................
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

9/11 is a day not to forget.

Marcus, that's a really nice thing for LTCG to do. He seems like a stand up guy.

Weather is starting to cool off a bit, ok with me.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Posted on: 2016/9/12 2:17

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Went to the hot springs to soak this evening. VERY enjoyable and relaxing.
Posted on: 2016/9/12 4:16

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

I thought I'd done a post after our drive today, but, it apparently got lost in cyberspace.

Rosie and I took a drive up the "Silver Thread Scenic Byway". It took us back over Wolf Creek pass to South Fork and then turned north on Colorado state highway 149, toward Creede. This drive toward Creede (which is 21 miles from South Fork) is very scenic and takes you right up the valley along and to the source of the Rio Grande river. Beautiful drive. Creede, is a very small town, old timey feel.

Continuing north on CO149, we headed on toward Lake City. The road gets much more curvy and you must go over two passes to get there. The first, Spring Creek Pass, a mere 10,980 The second, Slumgullion Summit crosses the continental divide at 11,530' (even though my GPS showed a high of 11,670'). The north side decent, has the steepest grade of any continuously paved road in Colorado (9%). But 007 took it all in stride. We toured Lake City only to notice the large number of hunters. Elk season apparently had begun.

Getting up to the north end of Lake City, we realized that the closest and quickest way back to Pagosa Springs, was to return the way we came, about 100 miles. Either that or continue on up and around through Ouray, Silverton and Durango about another 200 miles. As it was getting late we chose to backtrack. So we were able to experience Slumgullion going back the other way too. I actually took a video going back up and back down part of the way up and over Slumgullion. It's 21+ minutes long and 2,6Gb. I need to figure out how split it so I can upload it.
Posted on: 2016/9/12 5:15

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: 9-11.................
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

I remember I was at work and hearing something about it. I had to go to one of the news web site to some info. The rest of that day was shot didn't get much done either.
Here's the Freedom Tower today.

Resized Image

Here's the survivor tree. It is the only tree to survive that day. It is a Callery pear tree.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/9/12 22:02

captmike13@yahoo.com

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.