Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 10-5-2016 Chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys... It's pretty chilly this morning, 39 on my thermometer.
Posted on: 2016/10/5 12:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Mid 60's in the house, good sleeping but chilly for wearing shorts and a T-shirt. They are saying a high of 80, so I'll just have to tough it out.

Still have some stuff to do in the shop, so heading out pretty soon.
Posted on: 2016/10/5 12:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Drizzly out there this morning. I did manage to play 9 holes last night and finish before the rain started. Lots of leaves out there if you wander off of the fairway.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/10/5 13:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

istter1 Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

55 this morning. Love it
Will be busy at school lots of meeting. .
Posted on: 2016/10/5 13:07

Ultraman Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14743 Posts

Is it morning yet? had a nice sleep in and now the Keurig is acting up and not wanting to make coffee.......I'm all for going back to the old Bunn coffee maker where the pot is ready when you get up in the morning......how do you guys make coffee.......these Keurigs work fine for awhile then they need all kinds of maintenance and cleaning and I am not a fan...........

Working in office today after a day of truck driving yesterday......then at 6 o'clock in the evening I get a call that one truck slid off the road into the ditch south of the Interstate....had to call the big wrecker to pull him out......slow slide so no damage......we have had lots of rain in the last two days and the pavement was covered in clay mud from construction so when he went around the corner the truck just slid off the road into the mud......geez.....lots of drama in truck driving......

Have a day where you stay out of the ditches Guru's.......
Posted on: 2016/10/5 13:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7655 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, TWO INCHES OF RAIN LAST NIGHT. SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN A FAIRLY SLOW RAIN WITHOUT MUCH RUNOFF, JUST WHAT WE NEEDED.

MARCUS, I'M NO KEURIG FAN EITHER. IT DOESN'T TASTE AS GOOD TO ME AS THE REGULAR COFFEE MAKER BREW. WE USE A 12 CUP MRCOFFEE THAT'S READY WHEN I GET UP. A HOT CUP OF COFFEE FIRST THING DISTRACTS FROM THE MORNING ACHES AND PAINS :-)

BRAVECAT HAD ANOTHER FIELD RAT FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING ON THE FRONT DOOR STEP. HER MAJESTY WAS NOT AMUSED.
Posted on: 2016/10/5 14:22
Edited by GRIS on 2016/10/5 14:47:09

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4650 Posts

Marcus, Glad your truck and driver are okay after that slide. Probably had some "mud" in his pants, too.
We're still arguing about the house. One resident friend of mine in that same town says they probably run their stuff 24/7 and we won't and that would help. Also, switching the entire house to LEDs should help some. Any of you do that yet and did it make a difference?
We have been spoiled by our city utilities here, my apartment averages 100/mo and that includes water. His house is slightly more. This house is like my apartment and two of his houses together so I expected more, but not that bad. Add the payment difference and damn. We pay collectively 1100 now, with utilities for both averaging $300/mo. This will jump to 1300 plus 400. I'm saying it's doable easy enough considering what we figured on doesn't include our side job money at all .
STRESSED
Happy mid week Friday anticipation day ya'll.
Posted on: 2016/10/5 14:42

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I have switched a lot of our bulbs to LED, where it makes sense. Somewhere I saw a figure where if you have a 100-watt incandescent bulb and run it 24x7, it will cost about $100 for the year, a 60-watt bulb would cost about $60, etc. So you can adjust accordingly to see what a particular bulb costs you to run - for example, a 60-watt bulb run 6 hours a day would cost about $15 a year to run. LED's should be 80-90% cheaper to run, say $3 for that 60-watt equivalent. I figured if the bulb would pay for itself in a year, I'd replace it. Our electric co-op had a rebate for LED bulbs - I just had to turn in receipts and got a nice check from them. I don't have any hard figures as to what our actual savings are - my electric bill makes me ill to look at :-P
Posted on: 2016/10/5 18:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4650 Posts

I need to ask about LED rebates. That would be a sweet bonus. I know it will cost plenty to convert them all to start with but it will be worth it if they truly save like I'm told they do. A solar panel to run a pool pump would be nice as well but I have no idea what to look for or even where to start with that. Suggestions appreciated.
Oh, and who sent me the rain? We had beautiful weather lately and it rained pitchforks and puppy dogs today.
Posted on: 2016/10/5 21:38

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good luck with the house, Letty.

Glad your driver/truck are ok, Marcus. What's a tow bill like that for a semi? $800+?

Drove the vette to work today. PS fix seems to be ok for now. I'll have to monitor it. Came out from work and found the car that pulled in the spot in front of me was touching my bumper. I was pretty pissed. Luckily no damage, must have just barely touched it when he parked/put the car in park. All's well that ends well.
Posted on: 2016/10/5 23:51

Ultraman Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14743 Posts

OH that won't be a bad bill......150 or so I would think.....it was just south of the 80 still by the interchange and he just used his power cable to pull us backward while we slowly ease the truck back in reverse......had one a while back when the tranny blew up on the KW and that was a 14 mile tow and that was $254. The only other one was a 60 mile pull with a full load on that was right at a 1000 bucks.........did not like that one at all.........these big Semi wreckers and some big pieces of work......not cheap I am thinking.....

I do not ever look at the electric bill.........my wife hides them from me.....what I want is some good old 75 watt bulbs........suck that power up burn that coal........now I hear that there is a lot of folks pissed at coal power ? What the hell is that about........dumbasses......we gots lots of coal.....
Posted on: 2016/10/6 1:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I like it bright and use the halogen 72w = 100. Electric bill? Ha,ha,ha,ha. If i didn't laugh I'd cry. Water pumps and laundry (washer and dryer) I think account for most of it .... and A/C - heat. I like to keep it around 75* all year long inside the house.
Been working most of the day on getting sonny-boy up and running with his car and buttoning up the house prepping for tropical storms related to HURRICANE MATTHEW. Pretty well done with the prep so now I can just sit back and wait for the wind and rain to come. .... Somebody s gonna get it and it won't be good. The hurricane tore a new ass in Cuba and Haiti. Hitting the Bahamas as I speak. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Posted on: 2016/10/6 1:48

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hurricane mojo, Tommy!
Posted on: 2016/10/6 10:29

donhall Re: 10-5-2016 Chat
Senior Guru
297 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I need to ask about LED rebates. That would be a sweet bonus. I know it will cost plenty to convert them all to start with but it will be worth it if they truly save like I'm told they do. A solar panel to run a pool pump would be nice as well but I have no idea what to look for or even where to start with that. Suggestions appreciated.

This chart, and some simple arithmetic, should provide some answers:

http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html

Re a solar panel for the pool pump.... any local solar panel company will gladly provide you with the cost of panels, and projected savings.
Posted on: 2016/10/6 13:41

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4650 Posts

Thanks Don!
Posted on: 2016/10/6 19:59

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.