Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Oaklands Friday Chat 03.28.08
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

TGIF everyone. The weekend made it here again. We are going to get rain here in East TN. It will still be a pleasant 69 degrees. Keep on filling those lakes up.

We are going to put an ignition control module on my 88 this weekend and swap the ECM if necessary. Hopefully this will get my warm starting problem fixed. The fuel filter didn't help anything.

Other than that, we are going to move some more stuff out of my basement to the new outbuilding and make more room in the garage. This will get us closer to finishing the entire basement.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Posted on: 2008/3/28 13:30

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

This weekend I hope to finish my header install, sand and paint my mufflers and get my Hurst shifter installed, all while keeping the skin on my knuckles.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 14:39

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

patsfan05488 Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Guru
229 Posts

I'm hoping to jack all four corners up and take off the wheels to paint the calipers and wait for the new wheels to come in. They'll hopefully be here early next week.

PatsFan
Posted on: 2008/3/28 15:03

FLYINLOW90 Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Right now my daughters coming over for lunch while on her lunch break than this evening my wife and I will go out for fish dinner (being the good Catholic she is).

Really no plans for the weekend until my wife tells me different.

Bowl Sunday morning (fightin' for first) than back to work Sunday nite.

Gary
Posted on: 2008/3/28 15:49

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Yay for Friday!

Just sitting here on the couch, watching Simon & Simon, paying bills, and lounging with the cat.
Posted on: 2008/3/28 16:45

LD85 Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

Should be sunny in INDY tomorrow, 50 degrees,

just MIGHT take the car off the ramps Saturday

or I might paint my rear calipers

or I might sit on my butt
Posted on: 2008/3/28 21:52

Notorious Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

I'll do something, even if it's wrong! I'm going into work in the morning to assemble a fresh engine for a customer. Got everything back from the machinist today, checked it all out, deburred the block and got the cam bearings, core and gallery plugs installed already.
After that, who knows? I might even get a wild hair and work on some of my own stuff. I'm itching to get my little flathead engine torn down to start rebuilding and modifying it. And the Vette always has a standing list of things that need done.
Posted on: 2008/3/29 2:53

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

Notorious wrote: And the Vette always has a standing list of things that need done.

:sign3:
Posted on: 2008/3/29 15:36

Mekanic Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

I went out to a local meet.

I didn't get any runs in myself, but I chased a few of my friends runs.

383 LT1 firebird with LE2 and long tubes.

Just had his trans rebuilt a couple weeks ago from a very well known local tranny builder and cooked it running a 01 cobra.

Luckily this trans guy warranty's his trans' to 9.99 on the 1/4 or whatever you can do to them on the street.

Also hung out with a guy with a heads/cam/supercharged Jeep SRT8.

That thing MOVED.
Posted on: 2008/3/29 15:47

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Notorious wrote:
I'll do something, even if it's wrong! I'm going into work in the morning to assemble a fresh engine for a customer. Got everything back from the machinist today, checked it all out, deburred the block and got the cam bearings, core and gallery plugs installed already.
After that, who knows? I might even get a wild hair and work on some of my own stuff. I'm itching to get my little flathead engine torn down to start rebuilding and modifying it. And the Vette always has a standing list of things that need done.

Spoken like someone who loves their work!

I'm enjoying my little project, taking my time and hopefully doing things reasonably right. And learning a helluva lot about my car in the process. It's much more fun than when I was a kid, having to do some emergency repair into the wee hours, or laying in a puddle in a parking lot wiring up a muffler - LOL!
Posted on: 2008/3/29 16:22

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Notorious Re: Friday Chat 03.28.08
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Spoken like someone who loves their work!

I'm enjoying my little project, taking my time and hopefully doing things reasonably right. And learning a helluva lot about my car in the process. It's much more fun than when I was a kid, having to do some emergency repair into the wee hours, or laying in a puddle in a parking lot wiring up a muffler - LOL!

I just got back mid-week from spending a few days visiting the family. Whenever someone asked me how I liked my new job, I said, "What job? I don't have a job. I have a place where I go to play everyday and they pay me for it!"

I know where you're coming from. I drove junk for so many years as I was raising a family that I always carried a pretty fair stash of tools in the trunk of my cars. But really, my old clunkers always did pretty well. Until 1997, I drove a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger for many, many years. Not only was it my daily driver, but it was usually my car of choice for long trips too. In all of those years, whether it was local or on one of the several 1000 mile round trips that I annually take to visit the kin, that wonderful old Dodge never, and I mean never, failed to deliver me to my destination. I miss that car. I never should have sold it.
Posted on: 2008/3/30 1:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.