Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
222 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH400
Automatic Transmission - 3 Speed

1st Gear: 2.48
2nd Gear: 1.48
3rd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1964 thru 1990.
- 13 Bolt ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

jsup hey cuisenartvette
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Am I really that big of a shit stirrer? Sometimes its too easý
Posted on: 2008/9/21 17:22

BrianCunningham Re: hey cuisenartvette
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

link?
Posted on: 2008/9/21 18:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious Re: hey cuisenartvette
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

If you hafta ask.....
Posted on: 2008/9/21 18:22

bogus Re: hey cuisenartvette
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20860 Posts

there are a few buzzwords that will get one in trouble on CF... one is "AFR is over rated."

That will light off a shit storm like nothing short of Katrina.
Posted on: 2008/9/21 19:12

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

jsup Re: hey cuisenartvette
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
link?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showt ... 4&posted=1#post1567190014

I'm just warming up.
Posted on: 2008/9/21 21:29

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

Notorious wrote:
If you hafta ask.....

yes, yes I do

Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
link?

I'm just warming up.

Oh that, hey everyone's entitled to an opinion
Posted on: 2008/9/22 0:35

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20860 Posts

Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
link?

I'm just warming up.

Johnny... dude... it's a good thing you have a place to hide after starting fires like that... a place where people still love you... cause at this rate, you're so gonna need it.

BTW, I have a DeWitts, and it ROCKS.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 0:54

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
link?

I'm just warming up.

Johnny... dude... it's a good thing you have a place to hide after starting fires like that... a place where people still love you... cause at this rate, you're so gonna need it.

BTW, I have a DeWitts, and it ROCKS.

The ONLY reason I didn't get the radiator was at the end of this thing I just don't have another $600.....when I'm done being nickeled and dimed for the last 10%, I'll re asses that, but right now it's not on the priority list.

I'll wind up doing it, eventually. With all this added speed I have to do the brakes first. Serious. I now understand why these brakes are inadequate. So many projects so little money.

My point there is that some a-hole told me that I'd absolutely need it, and well, I didn't. I was must making that point..

Honestly Andy, I came to a conscious decision that I'd only go there for PRC, however, after talking to a few people about the FAST, I just wanted to post it because I knew all the leg humpers were going to jump in....just like AFR...It's comedy man, pure comedy.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 0:58

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

You haven't made a full power run yet right?

BTW I'm keeping my stock computer on my blower build.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 1:10

biggrizzly Re: hey cuisenartvette
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Damn John,

I just finished reading that one! You do have a few good friends over there don't you. LOL

I think they just wait for you to post and then whatever you have to say, they just jump all over it. However, you do have a some that seem to help support your statements.

I get a real kick out of reading that stuff because those guys woul crap if they knew how I put my stuff together!!
Posted on: 2008/9/22 1:12

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Some people are so dam predictable. I plant the worm on the hook, open a beer, and just sit back.....

It's just too easy sometimes.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 1:25

CentralCoaster Re: hey cuisenartvette
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I made it halfway through and the brainpain was paralyzing. I think eventually those who still read your threads are going to stop taking you seriously, whether you have a point or not.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 6:16

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
I made it halfway through and the brainpain was paralyzing. I think eventually those who still read your threads are going to stop taking you seriously, whether you have a point or not.

I don't care. There is very little value left over there anyway. Bunch of brochure reading idiots. Not everyone, there are a small core of intelligent people, just the balance of people who know WTF they are talking about vs. the idiots is swinging heavy in the direction of idiots....

Bogus said it right when he called it MYOPIC....perfect description.

Sometimes, it's just fun to poke the cat with a stick.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 12:09

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Where do people find the time to type all that?

I guess some people just pay others to work on their cars so they can hop on the internet.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 16:11

cuisinartvette Re: hey cuisenartvette
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Stirrer with a capital S..like a super pooper scooper. lol

Theres BS on any board but there are a lot of resources there for other problems if you have them. In the end its a good idea(I think) you dont burn all bridges there unless youre real good with electrical, HVAC, stuff like that.

In the meantime theres always something entertaining going on at the cf.

now go stir some more, Im getting bored.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 18:09

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Aardwolf Re: hey cuisenartvette
Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

I find it odd that you pay money to be there and be a supporting member.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 19:33

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

RUT ROH! :book:
Posted on: 2008/9/22 21:44

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

Aardwolf wrote:
I find it odd that you pay money to be there and be a supporting member.

I paid a year ago. I am up for renewal. We'll see if I renew.
Posted on: 2008/9/22 23:28

Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

Sure you haven't slipped some extra to the mods?
Posted on: 2008/9/23 0:57

MK 82 Re: hey cuisenartvette
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

I don't think you are getting laid enough. Entirely too much time wasted on the net.

Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

I don't care. There is very little value left over there anyway. Bunch of brochure reading idiots. Not everyone, there are a small core of intelligent people, just the balance of people who know WTF they are talking about vs. the idiots is swinging heavy in the direction of idiots....

Bogus said it right when he called it MYOPIC....perfect description.

Sometimes, it's just fun to poke the cat with a stick.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 1:23

Lichen Re: hey cuisenartvette
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

JSUP, I think that you are what the FBI refers to as an "outside agitator" (I love it). You reply to legitimate answers very politely. The only people that seem the give you crap are 88Zrxxx (who has been working on his motor since the Reagan administration) and that guy with a mini-gun for his avatar (= he hasn't fired a BB gun since he was 10 years old). I am very interested in how things go with your motor. But, as somebody previously stated, don't burn your bridges. You may have a question about an airfoil or a Vortex.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 1:51

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

Lichen wrote:
JSUP, I think that you are what the FBI refers to as an "outside agitator" (I love it). You reply to legitimate answers very politely. The only people that seem the give you crap are 88Zrxxx (who has been working on his motor since the Reagan administration) and that guy with a mini-gun for his avatar (= he hasn't fired a BB gun since he was 10 years old). I am very interested in how things go with your motor. But, as somebody previously stated, don't burn your bridges. You may have a question about an airfoil or a Vortex.

Well, someone pointed the mods to this thread, so I'm on moderation.

Cuisenartvette started a thread that said "Hey jsup"....and the body of the first post was I was one hell of a pot stirrer.

SO.........I took pot stirrer moniker that Cuiesenartvette used to mean I post things that although true, piss people off. The ONLY reason they get pissed, is because they can't back up their positions.

So hence this thread. I'm not abusing CF, for the record, I AM abusing the idiots. Unfortunately for them, I just have to make one statement and they all go nuts. That's the worm on the hook reference. Wanna drive an asshole nuts? Tell them the parts they worship suck and give them valid reasons. They will collapse in a violent fit. What pisses them off is that they have no intellectual argument past printed manufacturer marketing materials.

What triggered my insanity, and it is insanity, is that idiot black88Z-51. Every day I'd get a dam PM about how I should build my motor just like his, well this version anyway. How I should use a Miniram, and AFR heads, and FAST Ignition....blah blah blah....after about 50 PMs about what an idiot I was and how I'm leaving power over the curve and under the table or the rest of the bullshit phrases he picked up from reading brochures, I snapped. Why? It's one thing to PM ME bullshit, when you start spreading that bullshit around the forum, you are degrading the forum. He has no business giving anyone advice, and those who don't know that, will wind up spending money because of this idiot they need not spend.

I got even, I sent him a PM saying that with his FAST system he was leaving power on the table and he should throw that pile of shit away and go with a stock ECU... I also used the example of the guy who was using the Stealth intake. I said in a thread that Ricky should PM him and tell him he should use a miniram instead of the stealth. He always ends these bullshit posts with "I just want you to get the most out of your build".... I think the guy wakes up in the middle of the night screaming "flow numbers!! flow numbers"....

In EVERY SINGLE POST that guy puts up over there, it's either a validation of HIS purchase, or attempted coercion to buy what he buys. Someone will post "got my car painted red" and he says "what are your dyno sheets" or "what kind of flow numbers are you getting"...combine that with the PMs it just got obnoxious to me.

THEN he goes around as if he knows something telling people what to do with THEIR motors. If I were of weaker composition, I would have dropped $600 on a radiator because Mr. Big Mouth insists I'm going to need it. Now, get a guy who doesn't know one a-hole from another, and this idiot is giving them advice as if he's an expert and all he ever did was read a brochure, sat in a fast car once, or went to the track 25 times and talked to the guy with the fastest car. That is what qualifies as an expert these days. I suppose all the times I used a toilet I am now a master plumber.

THEN to top it all off, he calls in the Calvary, like he did with the FAST thread, and hides in the corner like a pussy. After his heros post, he follow up with "you tell 'em" I can't STAND people like that.

SO, yes, I let it get under my skin. I shouldn't have, but I had a month off between jobs and not much to do so.....

It's idiots like that which ruin a perfectly good forum at CF. My goal was to make his ass-hole-ish-ness apparent to all to see, and negate it for the poor souls who are spending hard earned money and getting bullshit advice from people who should not be talking about lawnmowers.

Every piece of bad or faulty advice I was given, I post the correction about so no one else gets sucked into it. My wife says I shop for shoelaces, I do research and before I pull the trigger I am confident I am getting the best product for the money I'm spending. If someone is going to try to change my mind, they best have a REAL argument. Many people don't do that, they take what they are told at face value. It is THOSE people I hope to help. Hey, look at Greggpenn, he's doing his research, and I feel if I didn't snap, they'd be trying to force him into AFR heads and the like. No doubt. If I accomplished anything I hope I was able to tone that bullshit down a bit.

Anyway, rant off. I'd love to know who the pussy is who reported this thread to the mods there. Spineless POS they are. When you don't like the truth, try to shut it down.

Now, I argue with the guys in PRC regularly, and NO ONE in PRC ever came close enough to pissing me off the way Ricky and his cohorts did. Sad ain't it? Pathetic, I know....the doctors are going to double my dose, that should do it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

(having read this over, as a friend of mine would say..."classic jsup"....I hope you were entertained.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 3:31

CentralCoaster Re: hey cuisenartvette
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I'm dumbfounded that they would actually moderate members for what they post on other forums.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 4:04

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
I'm dumbfounded that they would actually moderate members for what they post on other forums.

I have to be defensive for CF on this one. I started this thread saying "watch me stir shit".....

Not exactly what I meant. I noted in my other thread about how if I mentioned that the stock ECU was better than FAST those morons would snap....so after sitting on it for a few days, note the dates on this thread and that one...I decided it be better for the public to know what I found out and decide for themselves. Same with the radiator. Sure enough, in came the nutbags....and somehow that's MY FAULT.

Now that is something I don't get. If I post FAST sucks, or AFR sucks, and everyone else snaps, how can I be held responsible for THEIR reactions?

Anyway, if the perception is that I am going to CF just to stir shit, I get their point.

however, I think shit can only be stirred if idiots react, which again, is their problem, not mine.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 4:08

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Im sorry, but I cant help but chuckle at how excited you get when "he" starts posting. Its like someone put 6 lbs of boost in your keyboard, lol..

Keeps the place interesting.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 4:15

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20860 Posts

I am with CC... how can a thread here get you in trouble there.

Screw that place. They are seriously over reaching their bounds.

What used to happen to me is threads on other sites would piss off the members, not get me in trouble with the mods.

The issue at hand is this - those that go against the tide over there will get in trouble...
Posted on: 2008/9/23 4:32

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Im sorry, but I cant help but chuckle at how excited you get when "he" starts posting. Its like someone put 6 lbs of boost in your keyboard, lol..

Keeps the place interesting.

I am actually embarrassed about it. It's sick isn't it?

But serious, people who don't bother checking will listen to him and spend money. All I am guilty of is pointing out where his "advice" was proven faulty. If that starts a shit storm, that's not my problem.

Perhaps the fact that he presents his so called facts as such, with an air of authority, when he has NO CLUE wtf he's talking about irritates me. Combined with the request for backup information to his position his "evidence" is "I know a guy" or "I've been in fast cars" or "I've been to the track as a spectator 25 times" or "I talked to the guy with a fast car" (can anyone picture how that goes? I laugh thinking about it) anyway.

Anyway, it's too early for this......glad you're entertained.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 12:01

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

What used to happen to me is threads on other sites would piss off the members, not get me in trouble with the mods.

The issue at hand is this - those that go against the tide over there will get in trouble...

Hey Bogus, if that guy ever signs up here, kill his membership... What would that cost me?
Posted on: 2008/9/23 12:07

Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

If black88 joins here, please disable my PM box!
Posted on: 2008/9/23 13:54

Matatk Re: hey cuisenartvette
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22810 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

I think that's the direct point. The post wasn't inflammatory because it was directly attacking someone on a personal level, it was about parts. Jesus. People need to get over themselves already.

Matthew

BTW - Anyone have AFR heads and a Dewitt's radiator?
Posted on: 2008/9/23 14:04

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

I think that's the direct point. The post wasn't inflammatory because it was directly attacking someone on a personal level, it was about parts. Jesus. People need to get over themselves already.

Matthew

BTW - Anyone have AFR heads and a Dewitt's radiator?

I don't think it's so much the thread as the perception that all I wanted to do was start shit. Which, was a residual problem resulting from people's actions I can't control. THAT is my point of contention.

If the mere fact I post that FAST sucks (I'm not saying it does) and have some strong points to back it, it sets them off.

I think my pointing that out is healthy and needed. The fact they strive to stifle it is more commentary on them than me. (them being the idiots who post.)
Posted on: 2008/9/23 15:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.