Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
281 user(s) are online (214 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rear Hatch Release
There are releases on the trailing edges of each door and one under the center console.

The center console button will only work if the car is in...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, sometime being on a schedule is great, sometimes it sucks. For example, it is my day off and I'm wide awake at 5:30 am. Oh well. Can't really do much. I'd work out but the radio and banging weights would wake up the baby. I'd work on my car but the radio, saw, powertools, cursing would wake up the baby. Oh well. I'll sit here with you other morning dwellers.

Plumber (guy I know) is stopping by to give me an estimate on the basement bathroom. Should be a good deal so I'm happy about that. Tonight my neighbor (HVAC guy) is gonna stop by and help me move the humidifier and cut a couple of new vents. My cousin called me last night and said he's ready to start already on Monday. Wow. Coming together fast. I had a nightmare last night that some redneck plumber came over and did my plumbing in the basement and it leaked all over. Luckily he only charged me $6,500. Such a deal! Glad it was only a dream...haha.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/1/28 11:35

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Good Morning!

Yep, I can relate to not waking the baby!! She's teething again and woke up at 2am, and naturally, I couldn't get back to sleep! Yee-Haw, another caffeine overdosing day on tap!

The garage is far enough away from her room that I can work without fear of waking her....until I come in and the dogs decide that I'm an intruder and bark. Yep, that goes over well! Guitars/drums collecting dust, although she does seem drawn to the drums when we're up in the 'music' room!! I've got a bad feeling about that!!!!

Y'all have a good day now!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 11:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Is it only Wednesday? Man, this week seems to be going by slowly.

I'm hoping my new humidifier arrives soon - it's a Honeywell steam gizmo that only requires a small hole to be cut in the ductwork. They claim the install can be done in less than an hour, so I told my wife it shouldn't take me more than a day.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 13:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

It's another wonderful day. I'm on my second cup of coffee and soon I'll be off my ass and into the front yard. I cleaned up the pool area yesterday.(Raking,trimming,weeding,etc). This is just the routine cleaning stuff. I haven't even started my projects list yet.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 13:48

red_johnny Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Welp, bought my gun. Should be here NLT Tuesday! WHOO HOO!!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 13:48

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
It's another wonderful day. I'm on my second cup of coffee and soon I'll be off my ass and into the front yard. I cleaned up the pool area yesterday.(Raking,trimming,weeding,etc). This is just the routine cleaning stuff. I haven't even started my projects list yet.

So that's what it's like when every day is Saturday.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 13:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
So that's what it's like when every day is Saturday.

I've put my watch away. Don't seem to need it much. Day, date and time are not too important.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 13:58

smooth Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

.....Wait a minute, I missed a page here....threw away your watch? you retire Tommy??

I just finished the second round of chemo this morning and there going to ship me home for a couple of weeks 'till my white cells tank then they'll do my bone marrow transplant. Cant wait for the spring when its all over. The Vette has been dirty since It got put away 2 months ago and I don't have the energy to clean it up for the moment, so, If ya need something to do Tommy and ya want to see what snow looks like youre welcome to come up and help LOL

Have a great Day Gurus
alan
Posted on: 2009/1/28 15:59

CentralCoaster Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:

I'm gonna find a local shooting range and try out some guns. I think the lady wants to more than I do. I won't try to read between the lines here.

Riding motorcycles, fixing them, snowboarding, racing gokarts, camping, now shooting, yes I'm training her well. She even rode along with me on most of the last HPDE I went to.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 16:13

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I just took apart my cheapo Smith & Wesson 9mm to do some more internal polishing. And put in an order with Wolff gun springs for a spring to reduce the trigger pull by a pound and a half.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 16:44

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Aquavet

I retired the first of the year from my first career. I'm taking 6 months off before I start back with our family business part time. I'm doing a little for the business right now. Very little. Keep up the good fight brother with your chemo and upcoming marrow transplant. You'll be washing your own vette before you know it.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 16:54

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 01.28.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Alan - best wishes for your recovery!

Johnny, congrats on finally getting it. I know you've had the itch for a while. Just enjoy it, and keep it safe from the kids! (not that you wouldn't of course!!!)

I just finished a monster chest & back workout, heavy heavy. Felt great. Time to get some grub, then maybe tinker with the car. Wifey is out at the store spending all my hard earned dough. I get a haircut when she comes home, too, so bonus for me.

Later,

Matthew

PS - where's Chris? In lala-land with the freelance AV stuff???
Posted on: 2009/1/28 17:09

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Quote:

red_johnny wrote:

I'm gonna find a local shooting range and try out some guns. I think the lady wants to more than I do. I won't try to read between the lines here.

Riding motorcycles, fixing them, snowboarding, racing gokarts, camping, now shooting, yes I'm training her well. She even rode along with me on most of the last HPDE I went to.
Gotta train them right...lol. Looks like because of post office issues on post that we will use UPS which is another 30 bucks BUT I will have it tomorrow if he ships today.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 19:32

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Alan - best wishes for your recovery!

Johnny, congrats on finally getting it. I know you've had the itch for a while. Just enjoy it, and keep it safe from the kids! (not that you wouldn't of course!!!)

I just finished a monster chest & back workout, heavy heavy. Felt great. Time to get some grub, then maybe tinker with the car. Wifey is out at the store spending all my hard earned dough. I get a haircut when she comes home, too, so bonus for me.

Later,

Matthew

Yup had the itch for a LOOOONGGGG time. Kids will stay away from it or else. Plus I got a locked case for it.I miss working out, when I get to the sandbox I will be working out like crazy. Maybe I can increase my muscle mass. Looking for chest, arms, sholders and neck improvement. Plus I want to get cut get my 6 pack back. I used to have one back in the day.
Posted on: 2009/1/28 19:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.