Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Interior Lights
There is one in each door. On the 1984-1989 C4s, the door lights can be turned on and off by pressing them.

There are lights under each knee bols...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sorry for the late start, where's my back up poster, Fluff???

Should be another hot day today. Hopefully I don't cook because I'll be outside all day.

Last night after my workout I helped my neighbor swap some seats out of his van. Real simple task. After we were done we popped a few heinekens and made some bbq on the grill. Hung out til about 9:30 and then it was bedtime. Not a bad night overall. We made plans to bbq again Thursday night and my house and crank up the fire pit for a bit. Should be a good time if no rain.

What's everyone up to today?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/19 12:33

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Looks like rain off and on here, good day to be indoors. My laptop at work here is acting up - I'm on the verge of testing its ability to withstand a drop from the 13th floor.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 12:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12379 Posts

I'm already at school, started doing some things that I need to get done. I have a meeting with the principal sometime this morning. Other than that I have the time to get everything ready for the students arrival tomorrow morning. I need to rewrite some tests...to follow compliance with our directives from the super.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 12:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

Never ending fun. Spent 3+ hours at my wifes' doctors office yesterday. Found out she damaged a tendon or ligament (one of the two) in her right thumb. She goes for surgery, possibly next Wednesday. While the Dr is doing surgery on the hand anyway, she is going to repair some of her carpal tunnel damage at the same time. This is the same Dr that reconstructed her right hand 20 years ago. They have stayed in touch through the years and are somewhat friends. I'll be playing catch up around the house today. Well, at least I will be once I get off my ass.

Almost forgot to say 8 years sober today.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 12:54

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus!

I had a wonderful night's sleep which is always a great start to the day. I finished off a couple major documents yesterday, so that makes today even better, too! =)

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
My laptop at work here is acting up - I'm on the verge of testing its ability to withstand a drop from the 13th floor.

At my last job, we had THE WORST copier ever. We were moving offices, and they told us that we had to bring the stupid machine with us. We were trying to devise a plan that it might accidentally find itself in the stairwell, and, oopsie, had a misfortunate fall.

Fortunately, in the end, they told us that with the new configuration of the office, we would have access to one of the newer copiers, and this one wouldn't have to come.

Still, I have visions of Office Space where they put the beat down on the fax machine. Still wish we coulda done that with the copier.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 18:24

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Wednesday, August 19, 2009

furbelow
\FUR-buh-low\, noun:

1. A pleated or gathered flounce on a woman's garment; a ruffle.
2. Something showy or superfluous; a bit of showy ornamentation.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 18:25

Durango_Boy Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Most of the girls I dated, and now married, had no fur-buh-low, so they were showing their full ornamentation. LOL.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 18:31

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Almost forgot to say 8 years sober today.

Excellent! Congrats!
Posted on: 2009/8/19 18:34

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

furbelow
\FUR-buh-low\, noun:

I knew this one would be trouble right out of the gate. LOL.

Man: Is it a distance from the state line?

Station attendant: Hell; It's furbelow the state line. Better than a hunderd mile or so.

She accidently caught her furbelow on the horn of the saddle. Sure was a heck of a tumble.

Posted on: 2009/8/19 19:38

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

furbelow
\FUR-buh-low\, noun:

Too easy...lol.

TB - report to the principal's office immediately. Ha!

Brad - good luck with the laptop, that can be so irritating.

Tommy - congrats on the 8 year mark. A little joke for you that's somewhat related:

An Irishman moves into a tiny hamlet, walks into the pub and promptly orders three beers. The bartender raises his eyebrows, but serves the man three beers, which he drinks quietly at a table, alone. An hour later, the man has finished the three beers and orders three more. This
happens yet again.

The next evening the man again orders and drinks three beers at a time, several times. Soon the entire town is whispering about the Man Who Orders Three Beers. Finally, a week later, the bartender broaches the subject on behalf of the town. "I don't mean to pry, but folks around here are wondering why you always order three beers?" "Tis odd,
isn't it?" the man replies, "You see, I have two brothers, and one went to America, and the other to Australia. We promised each other that we would always order an extra two beers whenever we drank as a way of keeping up the family bond." The bartender and the whole town was pleased with this answer, and soon the Man Who Orders Three Beers became
a local celebrity and source of pride to the hamlet, even to the extent that out-of-towners would come to watch him drink.

Then, one day, the man comes in and orders only two beers. The bartender pours them with a heavy heart. This continues for the rest of the evening: he orders only two beers. The word flies around town. Prayers are offered for the soul of one of the brothers. The next day, the bartender says to the man, "Folks around here, me first of all, want to offer condolences to you for the death of your brother. You know-the two beers and all..." The man ponders this for a moment, then replies, "You'll be happy to hear that my two brothers are alive and well. It's just that I've decided to give up drinking for Lent."
Posted on: 2009/8/19 20:21

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Day Gurus!

Congrats Tommy! And I hope everything works out alright for Mrs. Tommy. I guess this could be a sign for her to slow down, as was advised to her before. I doubt if it will stick, as she seems to be a determined soul. But I hope she gives everything proper time to heal, at least.

How's the ear hole, Fluff? Oh, wait... Sorry.

HOW'S THE EAR HOLE, FLUFF???

I sure hope there is no permanent damage. Is your balance affected?

First day of school for the boys. They were so stoked! I don't know WTF is wrong with them. I always hated school. I wasn't popular. I wasn't picked on. I was nobody. Glad it's over with, and you won't catch me at a reunion, hellz no!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to running my business without having to stop and make a couple Peanut Butter Jelly Times, or settle an argument. Should be nice. I've been a daycare provider and/or single parent almost every day since I got laid off and started my own company. So this fall is when I hope to make some positive traction.

Let's go, economy! Pick it up, biatch!
Posted on: 2009/8/19 20:34

Fluff Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

Being a newb, I don't know all that you guys talk about, but taking a guess and making an assumption...... very well done Tommy.

CSS: my own GP sent me straight back to the ER today because he couldn't see inside the ear anymore. I went and booked into the ER and there was folk coughing and spluttering in the waiting room and a 2+ hour wait time, so I walked out and went home. Decided to stick a couple of cotton-buds in the ear and then twist em so to open the ear canal, it hurts like billy'O but I prefer trying that than catching swine flu in an ER!.

Kind of related to the word of the day and seeing as Matthew has thrown a joke in, one that amuses me (as spoken to the rhyme of Mary had a little Lamb):-

Mary had a little skirt,
a split right up the side,
every time that she sat down,
she showed a pretty thigh,
Mary had another skirt,
a split right up the front,
… she don't sit down in that one!

I don't know if that is an American rhyme as well.

Other that that I've spent half my day making up some speaker cables to stage box, not very interesting, but enough at 35degC.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 21:27

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good stuff!

Yeah, we use that word here too, Fluff.

Hope to hear some better news on the ear soon.
Posted on: 2009/8/19 23:00

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

teebee: this our 2nd full day with the kids. My woodshop is still a popular course even though our magnet school is medical.
Posted on: 2009/8/20 0:07

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 08.19.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
I'm looking forward to ...Peanut Butter Jelly Times...

Hmmmmm, did you say Peanut Butter Jelly Time?????

PS, sorry Tommy, hope your wife gets better quick!

PPS, Fluff - hope you get better quick, too!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/20 0:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.