Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
333 user(s) are online (274 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ASR
Automatic Slip Regulation; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 04.16.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Friday to everyone. Weather today will be a few degrees cooler than yesterday. High of around 63, which it is right now. Supposed to get some rain to keep it cooler.

Talked to the engine builder yesterday. He told me the block is disassembled and on the boring machine. Parts are ordered for the rotating assembly. He also told me he checked my heads and the last guy that worked on him was a hack. Good news is that he can fix them (of course he can!...lol) When I asked him the price he said "less that 10 grand"....hmmmm. I figure it's gonna cost me a couple hundred. But since this guy is a world class head porter, I'll let him do his job. No point in turning back now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/4/16 11:32

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Less than 10 grand is $9999.99. I have the dog house ready should you need it.
It's been a rough week for me. My get up and go got up and left. I've been eating lots of fruits, vegetables, meats and nuts trying to find the magic formula for strength and stamina. Sometimes it's all in the head so I could probably use a tune up there. Heading out to cut some grass and get some materials for repainting the trailers. That's on my project list as well as detailing the cars. Seems like the cars get dirty after just a few uses and I have to break out the vac, leather condtioners, wax and all that stuff all over again. That's a big workout in itself. I want to get them done before it gets too hot. Summers in Florida are brutal. You break a sweat just walking to your car. Have a happy Friday everyone.
Posted on: 2010/4/16 12:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Friday! I'm at home, waiting for the plumber to show up, should be here in about 45 minutes. The Vette is filthy after a couple of days of rain, wish I could stay home and wash it. My used Corsas arrived yesterday, so I did a little polishing on them last night - I'll have to see if I can get time to install them this weekend.

Have a great day, all!
Posted on: 2010/4/16 12:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Happy Friday!

I've got a document to finish up today, then it's cleaning up the office, and then errands. We've got a busy weekend ahead, so want to get things done.

Tomorrow - we'll be at the Long Beach Grand Prix, and then on Sunday, we'll be at the JDRF charity car show. Looks to be beautiful weather, too.
Posted on: 2010/4/16 15:25

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Friday, April 16, 2010

oneiric
\oh-NY-rik\, adjective:

Of, pertaining to, or suggestive of dreams; dreamy.
Posted on: 2010/4/16 15:25

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Friday, April 16, 2010

oneiric
\oh-NY-rik\, adjective:

Of, pertaining to, or suggestive of dreams; dreamy.

Oneiric: Scourge of the Seven Seas

Aye matey !

Attach file:

jpg  One Eye Ric.jpg (132.56 KB)
852_4bc8923fbdbcc.jpg 587X800 px
Posted on: 2010/4/16 16:37

DaleD Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

I'm finally to the point where I'm spending money on my car for discretionary repairs. Took it to the body shop I use to have the outter window sweeps replaced. Also bought a used passenger side rocker, going to have that painted and replaced.

This is good stuff.
Posted on: 2010/4/16 17:05

teebee Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Afternoon guys...gals. We just got here to KC. Left at 6 this morning, stopped by the in-laws for a while. It rained on us most of the way. Good to be here.

I got my paperwork back from the retirement system and they say everything is in order and I will be officially retired June 1 and I'll start receiving my checks the end of June. Down to 34 contract days.

Matt, may as well go all the way...heck it's only money. Brad you'll love the way the Corsas sound.
Posted on: 2010/4/16 18:32

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

Good afternoon all. Hope you are all looking forward to a great weekend. I might jump out of town and hide for a day or two not sure yet. Close on mother's house today at 4:30, strangely the day of year anniversary of her passing.
Isn't it strange how things work themselves out? Different things kept happening and instead of closing in March, ended up in April 9, then now today. Hmmmm
Reason for everything.
I hope all of you have had a great Friday - remember - it's 5 o'clock somewhere - perhaps where you are so cheers!
Posted on: 2010/4/16 19:23

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Livin_the_dream Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Matt probably not a bad price .. I've got about that wrapped up in a '53 Flathead produching about 150 HP. maybe a little more
Posted on: 2010/4/17 0:17

Curtis1974 Re: Friday Chat 04.16.10
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

I had to make a trip to Chicago yesterday and will probably be up here until Sunday. Had to take care of some family issues on the wife's side. I relize everytime I get up here why I liked living here and why I hated living here. The traffic sucks ass so bad I gained a year on my life today sitting in it on I90. I love Chicago because of all the things to do. I’ve seen a ton of Corvette’s. A lot of them were C4’s. No, I don’t have mine. I’m in the Exploder!!!!
Posted on: 2010/4/17 0:37

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.