Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
230 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I had one of those days yesterday where I was busy the entire day but somehow I feel like nothing got done Started out in the morning and went to the grocery store, hardware store, and boat store (with the baby in tow, making it much more interesting). Got home and packed the targa top up that I sold (which took over an hour in itself) then dropped that off. Came home and the family and I all went stroller shopping. We're getting a tandem stroller for when the new rugrat decides to make an appearance. After that I went for a run (with rugrat #1) then by the time I got home I had to eat, bathe her, and hit the sack. None of my other projects got done. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/14 11:34

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good morning! I went by the Post Office yesterday to pick up a phone I bought on ebay. USPS said they left me a notice on Friday. Ya, right! Had I not checked online I would probably not have known it came in. I know my regular letter carrier and she is great. It's the subs that screw everything up.
So.. I brought the phone out to the nursery for a quick exchange and off to continue my day ......... Ya, right! Phone exchange done; Can you check the TV? It keeps losing signal. The jack in back is loose internally and has been an ongoing problem. Can you come to Best Buy with me to get a new TV? Ya , ya ,ya .... Get the TV ... hook up the new TV. Can you adjust the antenna? I'm not getting my favorite station. Ya , ya, ya ... Break out the ladder, fix loose terminal on the out door antenna and reposition antenna and channel scan about 12 times. Now this 5 minute exchange has taken 3 1/2 hours plus travel time. Well, whatever I had planned for yesterday got put off till today. I'm gonna get crackin on it soon and knock it out because today I was hoping f~(% off. I hope to go for a leisurely cruise later. Maybe I should turn off my phones .............
Posted on: 2010/9/14 12:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Second day in row of ideal weather. Low temps low hum. Students are really quiet today. No fights in 3 days. Kids are putting Danish oil on the F-15's. and project planning on their next project . Erin has to stop in St. Charles Ill. and then home. I hate when she travels alone!
Matt I have those days quit frequently. You work your butt off and never seem to get anywhere.
Have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 12:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
You work your butt off and never seem to get anywhere.

That's why you make a list. Just put it on the list.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 12:41

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Got list called a lesson plan. Everything runs along fine, and a machine breaks down, fix machine, runs along fine, band saw blade lets loose. At home cut yard and mower throws a belt.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 13:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I know what you mean. Just got a call from one of my sisters. My older sister has been admitted to the ICU in septic shock. 50% mortality. Looks like I have a change in plans, change in priorities and a change in focus. Whatever I thought was important has now dropped way down the priority list. It's the kind of call I hate so much. The call that says ..... You might want to get up here and see your sister. She might not make it out of the ICU. All I can say is ...... Sonofabitch .......
Posted on: 2010/9/14 13:41

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

It all comes into focus when stuff like that happens Tommy.
I hope that your sister will be ok!

Matt, that sounds like a good day to me.

I got up and went to a men's group meeting at church this morning at 6 am. It was good and helped a guy change a tire on his truck after. I got to thinking that that was something of a rarity these days, changing a tire. Seems like we were always getting the jack out in the old days. Now it took us 10 minuts just to find all the parts to the jack to get started.

Everybody enjoy your day!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 13:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Oh Tommy I'm sorry to hear that!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 13:47

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good luck to you and yours, Tommy.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 13:52

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Bill H how are you doing!!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 13:59

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Bill H how are doing!!

Remarkably, doing Manuel labor makes you sleep better and feel better in the morning.

I'm cleaning my garage today.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 14:01

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Bill H how are doing!!

Remarkably, doing Manuel labor makes you sleep better and feel better in the morning.

You motivated me the other day to clean mine. It will take weeks. Trash day is only once a week, but I have the school dumpsters. 9 bags of shit, old spray cans,rattle cans, and junk plus one dead chipmunk must have been feasting on antifreeze.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 14:08

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Bill H how are doing!!

You motivated me the other day to clean mine. It will take weeks. Trash day is only once a week, but I have the school dumpsters. 9 bags of shit, old spray cans,rattle cans, and junk plus one dead chipmunk must have been feasting on antifreeze.

Yea, weeks is right. My trash pile is down to 5 gal used oil, 7 gal used antifreeze and 40 qts. of old automotive paint.
I have one wall and corner left, probably 2 days with putting up new shelves. At least I'll be able to put some cylinder heads somewhere besides the on the top of the lathe. And I can walk totally around the C2 for once.

Of course, the Silverado threw the SES light on the way home last nite,so.....
Posted on: 2010/9/14 14:16

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

I built my shelves out of 2x4 and supported by 45 degree brackets made out of studs. 20 years ago I put that stuff up there and when I took it down I wondered who was the dumbass that put it up there! this stuff is f(*&^% heavy. I enjoy hard physical labor, my recovery dives takes a lot out of me to. Currently fighting an ear infection, probably from last weekends dive. I'm hoping those divers are over.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 14:25

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Jeeez, mojo for your sister, Tommy!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 15:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....it's been a busy one, although I can't say what I've gotten accomplished. Tommy, so sorry to hear of the problems with your sister, we all hope a pray that she pulls through. I just can't compare with what you guys are doing here recently. I have Volleyball matches to work this evening, I played golf last night and travel Thursday to watch GS play football. Looking at trading pickups, got a salesman bringing one over today for me to test out overnight. Ron, we have been lucky so far this year, no breakdowns......yet. I do need to swap the knives out in both jointers though.

Got to hit the shop and do a little cleaning.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 15:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just got off the phone. Talked with my sister and her husband. They're doing everything they can for her. She doesn't know just how lucky she is at this point. Next 30 days are critical in her recovery. Unfortunately she brings this stuff on herself by making some really poor lifestyle choices. Her priorities are way off. Then I talked with Mom for over an hour making sure she is OK. She is doing just fine. My Mom is coming with me, my wife and son on the cruise in 2 1/2 weeks. She's looking forward to the break. My 3 remaining sisters and their families all live up by her so she gets an earful all the time. She is always more than happy to share it with me. I do a lot of unh hah and yep when she is on the phone. Years ago someone told me, Do you want to make God laugh? Make plans. The point being few things ever go according to plan. You'd think I'd know that by now but every day I seem to forget it. I can only tell you how lucky I am that I don't live in the same town with my wifes' family and my own. ......
Posted on: 2010/9/14 15:44

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Teebee my advanced class just hit a bullet with the planner. It would have OK if it was just a lead bullet but it is a metal pierceing round embedded in the rough stock. Those knives are shot.
Damn they don't make knives for 1936 Oliver anymore. I order 20" Freund knives and machine them to size. Shit!!!!!!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 15:51

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Just got a text from my daughter she is in Glenwood, Illinios trying to find a gas station to fill up on her way to Merrillville Ind. then home. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to relax when shes on the road. Her vette was getting up to 30mpg on I 294. Thats really good!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 17:09

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

We've hit many lead slugs....usually in Walnut or Oak, so I assume they are errant slugs from shooting at squirrels. I can imagine that trying to find a set of knives for that vintage of a planer might be a bit tough.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 17:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
We've hit many lead slugs....usually in Walnut or Oak, so I assume they are errant slugs from shooting at squirrels. I can imagine that trying to find a set of knives for that vintage of a planer might be a bit tough.

We found a 50 cal slug in maple a few years back, with the frequency of bullet strikes we were getting the corp bought us a hand wand metal detector. Security has it to check book bags.
Freund makes a set of knives but I have to machine them to fit the drive fixture and hold downs.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 17:52

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

We found a 50 cal slug in maple a few years back, with the frequency of bullet strikes we were getting the corp bought us a hand wand metal detector. Security has it to check book bags.
Freund makes a set of knives but I have to machine them to fit the drive fixture and hold downs.

And who will do it when you retire?
Posted on: 2010/9/14 18:18

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

And who will do it when you retire?

No one they will shut it down! The School Corp already has plans for 4 more classrooms in here.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 18:34

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Teebee my advanced class just hit a bullet with the planner.

What Ron didn't tell you was he heard his student say "damn dawg, my gat was poppin off last week and dun hit da wood. Now dat shit broke da machine, yo"

Tommy....sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she's able to get through it with no complications.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/14 22:42

zoe6 Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Good Evening Guys. Hope your week is going well. Racked up 645 miles. Vette runs awesome! Hit 31MPG at one point. Hit a big bug reunion in Minn. at one point, bug guts all over the place. Another 12 hour day tomorrow. It would be nice not to travel for awhile. Anyway have a great night! When I drove up to my parents house dads got the garage all torn up and cleaning. hum... maybe midlife crisis
Erin
Posted on: 2010/9/14 22:47

zoe6 Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Hi Matt I think I was in your area this afternoon buying gas. Glenwood. Problem is one township runs into another.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:04

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

zoe6 wrote:
Hi Matt I think I was in your area this afternoon buying gas. Glenwood. Problem is one township runs into another.

I don't know much about Glenwood. It's a solid hour from me. I think it's one of the nicer cities down there, but that's not saying much since it's surrounded by the ghetto...for real...stay on the highway in places like Lansing, Ford Heights, Calumet City, Robbins, etc. Nicer places west of there are Tinley Park and Orland Park.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:14

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 09.14.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

zoe6 wrote:
When I drove up to my parents house dads got the garage all torn up and cleaning. hum... maybe midlife crisis
Erin

No crisis, he heard that another member cleaned up his and found a motorcycle and a complete Corvette frame. No telling what your dad might find.
Posted on: 2010/9/15 2:13

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Quote:

zoe6 wrote:
When I drove up to my parents house dads got the garage all torn up and cleaning. hum... maybe midlife crisis
Erin

No crisis, he heard that another member cleaned up his and found a motorcycle and a complete Corvette frame. No telling what your dad might find.

That is the crisis. We're afraid of what he might find
Posted on: 2010/9/15 2:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.