Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (252 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98
The GM designation for the 5.7 liter, (350 cubic inch), TPI motor. This motor was used in other GM vehicles, but was used in the Corvette from 1985 t...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee Weds. Chat 10.13.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Not sure where everybody is but I guess I can start off the chat this morning. We have kids testing this morning so I'm down to just a few students. Makes teaching easy.....

We are working on the possibility of buying a large format scanner and a new large format printer. So I have been working with vendors on getting bids. Other than that not much going on.

Have a good Weds.
Posted on: 2010/10/13 14:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Wednesday Chat 10.13.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

It's raining out a bit so I don't know if any outdoor projects will get done. Maybe later if it clears up.

Had to force myself to run a few miles last night. I was absolutely whipped all day and running didn't sound too appealing. But the big race is Saturday so I need to get some short miles in to keep the legs moving.

Rugrat #2 is doing much better and should be coming home Thursday. I'll try to get some pictures up then.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/13 14:47

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 10.13.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Looks like a little thread consolidation is in order ;-)

Been swamped all morning - ugh! At least the day is going by quickly.
Posted on: 2010/10/13 15:58

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Vetron87 Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Started off the morning wrong with yet another meeting at 8 am just returned to the building at 12:45. I feel like 20 miles of bad road! Speakers were ok just long and drawn out. Many of them love to hear themselves talk.
Students were really good to the sub. Well guys I have to fire this place up and finish school projects and make some dust.
Posted on: 2010/10/13 16:43

TommyT-Bone Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Started off the morning wrong with yet another meeting at 8 am just returned to the building at 12:45.

Started off the week wrong when my wife broke the extending passsenger side towing mirror that has the turn indicator inside the mirror. The local shop wanted $729 at first, dropped to $529 plus labor when the mechanic said he would take off his part mark up. I picked one up from a parts recycler. (Love that term. Sounds so much nicer than junk yard) It will end up costing us $290 for the part, shipped, plus an hour labor. No big deal, just sharing the wealth. My wife hasn't been feeling well for a few days now. She has an appointment today with her EN&T doctor. She woke me up at about 3:00 AM in terrible pain from coughing and choking the past day or so. She said "I have to go to the Emergency Room now! I can't take it anymore." Got there at 3:45 AM. No line, no waiting in the lobby. Head scan, throat scan, chest x-ray and blood work. On our way home by 7:15 AM. That should cost at least a couple of hundred dollars. [jk]. Now I feel like I'm coming down with something. Sonofabitch.
Posted on: 2010/10/13 17:24

RickAnthony Re: Wednesday Chat 10.13.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

It's raining out a bit so I don't know if any outdoor projects will get done. Maybe later if it clears up.

Had to force myself to run a few miles last night. I was absolutely whipped all day and running didn't sound too appealing. But the big race is Saturday so I need to get some short miles in to keep the legs moving.

Rugrat #2 is doing much better and should be coming home Thursday. I'll try to get some pictures up then.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Thought he was coming home Monday???
Posted on: 2010/10/13 17:26
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

BillH Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Started off the week wrong when my wife broke the extending passsenger side towing mirror that has the turn indicator inside the mirror. The local shop wanted $729 at first, dropped to $529 plus labor when the mechanic said he would take off his part mark up. I picked one up from a parts recycler. (Love that term. Sounds so much nicer than junk yard) It will end up costing us $290 for the part, shipped, plus an hour labor. No big deal, just sharing the wealth. My wife hasn't been feeling well for a few days now. She has an appointment today with her EN&T doctor. She woke me up at about 3:00 AM in terrible pain from coughing and choking the past day or so. She said "I have to go to the Emergency Room now! I can't take it anymore." Got there at 3:45 AM. No line, no waiting in the lobby. Head scan, throat scan, chest x-ray and blood work. On our way home by 7:15 AM. That should cost at least a couple of hundred dollars. [jk]. Now I feel like I'm coming down with something. Sonofabitch.

Gee, I hope you both feel better T.

Shoulda called me, I would have put a mirrior on your truck for way less.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_7433.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/10/13 17:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 10.13.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Last evening I went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription that had been phoned in. Of course it was not ready. The pharmacist hadn't even listened to his voice mail yet. So I took a seat. Sitting next to me was a 72 y/o Cubano. Back at the fall of the Batista regime thosands fled Cuba to make the US their home. Many enlisted in the US armed forces. The gentleman I sat next to was one of them. Over the next 30 to 40 minutes he shared with me vague stories of his missions while serving in a Special Ops Unit of the US Army. Often working without identification he followed the orders of his commanders. He mentioned that he had killed more than a hundred men. He had been shot on one occasion and gut stabbed in another. A field tech had sewed him up in the field and carried him on his back to safety.He told me how in the end it was easier. Never easy, just easier. He told me of how it wasn't so bad to take a guy out at a distance but he can still see the faces of men he killed in face to face combat. He feels terrible about it as so many do. I told him he was just following orders and acting as an agent of the United States. If he was told to do it it must have been for the greater good. I thanked him for his service and a passing whimper crossed his face.
He also shared with me the story of his present. He sits a broken man. He cares for his 80 year old wife. She is basically helpless. He has to feed her, bathe her, help her back and forth to the toilet, back and forth to the doctor. Her care is taking a toll on him. I asked him why he doesn't put her in an assisted living and care facility. He said he couldn't do it. She doesn't want to go and he would feel terrible if he did it. He said to me "I can't win". I feel bad either way. I don't know why he told me this next thing but he told me. He said he asked her if she would like him to end her misery. She looked at him like he was crazy. "You should have seen the look she gave me". So he picked up her medication and headed home. I picked up mine and did the same. We were two people that just sat in passing and shared our differing lives. You never know what stories the one sitting next to you may hold.
Posted on: 2010/10/13 18:12

chisgt Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
Guru Newb
chitown
58 Posts

Tommy, very cool story. It's true so many people take for granted what so many have lost their lives to protect. As a society we have gone from the thought that if you work hard you will be rewarded to: Give me whats mine. Matt I hope everything is okay with the baby. Sorry I havnt called I figured the baby was home and you guys would need some rest. Ill give you a ring this weekend.
Posted on: 2010/10/13 18:24

Matatk Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Spent the whole morning with rugrat #1 for some daddy/daughter time while momma was with rugrat #2 at the hospital. Like I said, baby should be home tomorrow morning so we are super excited. She got home and I got in a medium intensity workout. Don't want to wear myself out too much before the weekend or pull/strain anything. I have to pick up my race packet tomorrow night that has my number and timing chip, etc, in it for the big race Saturday. If anyone's on the North side of Chicago this weekend you should come watch the race...it's gonna be pretty cool.

Also realized today I have to blow out all the sprinkler lines before it gets too cold. I guess I better look up on the internet how to do that since this is the first time.

Tommy - hope the wife feels better. And I like Bill's idea for your mirror problem

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/13 21:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Coming home from the doctors appt and pharmacy she was backing up with the broken mirror. She says she started coughing and choking and backed into the mailbox stand putting a 1' scratch on her Silverado. I said to her. Don't you know how to hit the brakes when you start coughing. Of course she called me an asshole. I don't know what she was looking for. Sympathy?
Posted on: 2010/10/13 21:17

1Fast04Vert Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote: I don't know what she was looking for. Sympathy?

Coughing, choking,, not feeling well, scratched her truck, I would say yes she needs some.
Posted on: 2010/10/13 22:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Quote:

Coughing, choking,, not feeling well, scratched her truck, I would say yes she needs some.

If only you knew ...............
Posted on: 2010/10/13 22:23

Matatk Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

95vette wrote:
Quote:

We do know.....you just told us!
Posted on: 2010/10/14 0:23

pianoguy Re: Weds. Chat 10.13.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quite a story, Tommy! Mojo to you and your Mrs., and your Cubano acquaintance as well. My wife has taken 5 mirrors off of various vehicles backing out of the garage, but I don't know if any coughing was involved.
Posted on: 2010/10/14 3:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

95vette wrote:
Quote:

We do know.....you just told us!

I'm not going to play the blame game but when it comes to our relationship somehow I'm always ......

Posted on: 2010/10/14 10:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.