Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
272 user(s) are online (222 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAP
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. A sensor used to meter air flow into the intake indirectly by measuring plenum pressure. This sensor is not as pre...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The week in review. My sister has been back in the hospital for the past 2 weeks. My 41 y/o neice (her daughter) had a quadriple bypass yesterday. She is now legally blind and her kidneys are functioning at less than 20%. She is on dialysis for now. Both of them have diabetes. My wife has been sick all week and is on steroids, antibotics, pain killers and a cold and flu formula. Brought her to the ER mid week. She has ear and lymph node issues. I've had flu like symptoms for the past few days. Coughing, choking, head pressure, sore throat and sinus issues. Outside of that its been a pretty good week. Hope to get motivated today. I have plenty to do. The list is long. Very long. Have a great day gurus.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 10:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Tommy, you're up early....well I guess you're on Eastern time, so not that early. I'm up and about this morning getting ready to go watch my GS play football. We had a home game last night which I worked. I'm about footballed out. I've got nothing much planned for the weekend after the game this morning.

It's supposed to be in the upper 80's today and lower 80's tomorrow....this is not October weather for Kansas...but I'm not complaining. I hope that you all have a great Saturday.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 12:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Beautiful weather and I'm headed to the racetrack, not even working there today, just enjoying myself.

Tommy, sounds like you need a break rather than a to do list.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 12:54

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Tommy, sounds like you need a break rather than a to do list.

A to do list is distracting. Focuses me on something else.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 13:35

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Dang, sound like your family could use an extra dose of mojo, Tommy! Get better, man!

Just finished changing oil on the Vette, gonna clean up a few things and get ready to put it to bed. #1 son is coming over later to switch tires, and #2 son's birthday is today, so we're going out to dinner later.

Enjoy your weekend, everybody!
Posted on: 2010/10/16 15:48

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Tommy I hope you and yours will heal up quickly. I hope you didn't catch that on the boat.

My Mom is here and that is always a bit nerve racking. She just got off the rant about we never come to see her and we always go to see my wifes family. Mom's tough to be around. Everybody scatters after we eat and then it's me and her. It's a tough situation. On the one hand you love and respect her and on the other I am a 60 year old man not her little boy. Always something!

Perfect day and we are about to head into the game. It should be good, I hope we win! Have a good one guys and gals!
Posted on: 2010/10/16 16:14

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Doesn't matter how old you are - right up until your folks are gone, you're still somebody's kid.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 16:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Doesn't matter how old you are - right up until your folks are gone, you're still somebody's kid.

I still talk to my 32 y/o like he's 17. LOL
Posted on: 2010/10/16 16:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Somehow I'm managing to cram more shit into my shed. I'm cleaning out my back room. Have to put it somewhere. LOL. I'll get around to cleaning the shed sooner or later. Probably later.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 19:52

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Somehow I'm managing to cram more shit into my shed. I'm cleaning out my back room. Have to put it somewhere. LOL. I'll get around to cleaning the shed sooner or later. Probably later.

Tommy, when it comes time to clean out the shed:
[IMG]http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/jeromfitz/Fires/P8040008.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2010/10/16 20:20

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Try Bill's garage...he cleaned it out for you.

Had the big race today. Got up at 5 am to get to my buddy's house and get downtown. Race lineup started about 7:15 and race started 7:45. Weather was good. It was a little cool at first, but we were running around the lakefront. Very nice scenery. I didn't find the 9 mile run/obstacles too hard except the stairs in soldier field. That was like pure death. Ugh. I had a good time, though. Now I feel like Vinny and Guido came to pay me a visit for an unpaid debt and my knees are what settled that debt.

Here's a link for anyone who missed it:

http://menshealthurbanathlon.com/course.cfm

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/16 21:28

chisgt Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Guru Newb
chitown
58 Posts

Well, I dont know if this will compare to anyone elses day but we had my six year olds birthday party today.Sixteen 5-6 year old kids running around for three hours. Thank god for those jumpy blow up rentals or I would really be nuts by know. Headed down town tonight for a reunion with the guys I grew up with and all I feel like doing is going to bed. Just a heads up to all of you. We have been experiencing alot of crimes where a car will follow you and wait for you to exit your vehicle. The offenders usually numbering from 4-6 will exit the car severely beat the victims take all there valuables and leave them for dead. I realize this is Chicago, my point is you should always be aware of your surroundings. If you or your spouse think someone is following you dont go home. Continue to drive and call the police.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 23:16

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Try Bill's garage...he cleaned it out for you.
Matthew

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
I still trying to find room for a large air compressor.

I just got back from the Historic Races, check out the 1965 Corvette (almost) racecar in AutoX & RR.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 23:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

chisgt wrote:
Just a heads up to all of you. We have been experiencing alot of crimes where a car will follow you and wait for you to exit your vehicle. The offenders usually numbering from 4-6 will exit the car severely beat the victims take all there valuables and leave them for dead. I realize this is Chicago, my point is you should always be aware of your surroundings. If you or your spouse think someone is following you dont go home. Continue to drive and call the police.

I hope they pick the wrong guy and he has a little present for them.
Posted on: 2010/10/16 23:38

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

chisgt wrote:
Well, I dont know if this will compare to anyone elses day but we had my six year olds birthday party today.Sixteen 5-6 year old kids running around for three hours. Thank god for those jumpy blow up rentals or I would really be nuts by know.

So did the kiddies finally tag team you until you got out of the jumper and let them play?
Posted on: 2010/10/17 1:47

RickAnthony Re: Saturday Chat 10.16.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Well had a very busy day of driving, trailed my Boss's Dodge Dart up to the new owners here in New York, spent 19+ hours in the car with the wife... now for some sleep here at the hotel... we'll see when we get back tomorrow..
Posted on: 2010/10/17 5:01
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.