Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
303 user(s) are online (265 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 05.04.13
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Went to bed last night coughing and had a hard time falling asleep. I woke up around 12:30 when RR#1 came in my room so I took some nyquil. That is the nastiest tasting stuff ever, makes me want to gag. But it stopped the coughing and helped me sleep. Getting up at 5:45 was tough, though. I guess I shouldn't operate any heavy machinery until at least 8:30

Weather is supposed to be warmer today around 68 but still a chance of rain. The rest of the week is similar temperature wise so maybe I can get some more yardwork done in the evenings. Grass needs to be cut again already.

Didn't get a chance to pick up any new brake line yet, but maybe tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/5/4 11:48

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The sun is shining once again. Possible shower today, then blue skies ahead. Lately, my get up and go has got up and went. Need to move the morning get r'done metality back in to play. I've been on cruise control for far too long. That happens when your a one man show. When you're the boss you have to keep the motivational juices flowing. Well, I'm the boss when Sue's not around. ........
Posted on: 2013/5/4 12:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2013/5/4 12:09

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

We are in for 3 days of rain and flood warnings. Of course we don't have to worry about flooding, but I did want to finish the final few pieces of sod. Guess I need to find some in door projects.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 12:09

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Morning guys....I'm up and headed out the door to the convention. Not sure what all is happening there, but I'll be busy for at least some of the day. Supposed to get up to 50 today and 60 tomorrow.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 12:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Cold windy and cloudy today...my hit 50 may not. Good day to be in the warm shop listening to the oldies and working on the GS.

Not much else going on that I can see.....enjoy Guru's...
Posted on: 2013/5/4 13:42

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

Still cold and wet here too, sun is out for the morning but rain coming again later. I put a garbage bag over the tropical plant. Thought I might go to gym class this morning, but really not feeling like it. Morning already started off bad, seems I've pissed off a friend in another forum over a UFC/Martial Arts Maser argument. Of course they can't compare they are DIFFERENT. Duh.. he can state his opinion and blast me but when I do the same all of a sudden it's not an opinion anymore it's different and he wrote me a pm and bitched and me saying he was taking a 'vacation' from the place. Fine I can too. I hate crap like that. And then there are two others drunk texting me and one more that sent me nekkid pics of himself through FB messenger sometime during the middle of the night. I guess he doesn't have his girlfriend anymore. Yes, this stuff really happened all in 24 hours. Where all the normal people at?
Posted on: 2013/5/4 13:45

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Since it's too cold and wet to get out and start tackling yard work, I'm going to go here this afternoon:

http://www.liftbridgebrewery.com/home.aspx

Tommy, I do hope you'll shower today - it's never a bad idea. Especially before those blue skies come.

Have a great day - I will tip a tasty beer sample in all the Gurus' directions!
Posted on: 2013/5/4 14:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Geez Letty what is good about the social websites? I want to hide from folks not let them all know what I'm doing....hmmmm except for the Guru of course. Is this a social website? Faceguru.....I was on another Corvette web site the other day and someone had posted something and then another guy made an offhand comment and I commented on that and soon I got a pm ripping me a new one about what I said. I handled it well...it takes two to tango so I did not rip him back but I wanted too. He tried to keep it going but soon gave up and left the website....good riddance is what I say....

We are very mature here and don't have a lot of the other crap that goes on elsewhere.....and that's all good.

Have a good time Brad and tip a NA in my direction....
Posted on: 2013/5/4 14:45

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Where all the normal people at?

Here of course. A little off the norm which actually makes us ....... normal.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 14:53
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2013/5/4 18:20:44

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sorry about the nakid pictures Letty. I thought you would like them.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 14:54

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Sorry about the nakid pictures Letty. I thought you would like them.

I just threw up a little.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 17:39

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

We have the standard 6 ft. fence in the backyard, and a few months ago, I heard about burglaries increasing dramatically in the entire city. To make sure this never happened to me, I got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the top of the fence.

Actually, I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence. I then used an 8 ft. long ground rod, and drove it 7.5 ft. into the ground. The ground rod is the key, with the more you have in the ground, the better the fence works..

One day I'm mowing the back yard with my cheapo Wal-Mart 6 hp big wheel push mower. The hot wire is broken and laying out in the yard. I knew for a fact that I unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it, to throw it out of the way.

It seems as though I hadn't remembered to unplug it after all.

Now I'm standing there, I've got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 giga-volt fence wire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover.

Time stood still.

The first thing I notice is my pecker trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine.

It seems as though the fence charger and the piece of shit lawnmower were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Science says you cannot crap, pee, and vomit at the same time. I beg to differ. Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together. It was like exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy 8 turning a grand.

At this point I'm about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire palm down so I can't let go. I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences. But Dad always had those piece of shit chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled.

This one I could not let go of. The 8 ft. long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to just man up and take it, until the lawnmower runs out of gas.

'Damn!,' I think, as I remember I just filled the tank!

Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in poop, pee, and with my vomit on my chest, I think 'Oh God please die... Pleeeeaze die'. But nooooo, it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So here I am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard, begging God to kill me. God did not take me that day. He left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created.

I honestly don't know how I got loose from the wire.

I woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and I was sunburned.

There were two large dead grass spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot where the wire had laid while I was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire..

Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep I realized a few things:

1 - Three of the fillings in my teeth have melted.

2 - I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right butt cheek (not the left, just the right).

3 - Poop, pee, and vomit when all mixed together, do not smell as bad as you might think.

4 - My left eye will not open.

5 - My right eye will not close.

6 - The lawnmower runs like a sum-bitch now. Seriously! I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that.

7 - My nuts are still smaller than average yet they are almost a foot long.

8 - I can turn on the TV in the game room by farting while thinking of the number 4 (still don't understand this!!!).

That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and now I always triple check to make sure the fence is unplugged before I mow.

The good news, is that if a burglar does try to come over the fence, I can clearly visualize what my security system will do to him, and THAT gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me to triple check before I mow.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 17:41

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Hahaaha....good one Bill....welcome back...from wherever it is you go....

Posted on: 2013/5/4 17:58

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Truth be know this bullshit is going on all the time....baby murdering sick bastards....

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/phi ... trial-has-national-impact

Posted on: 2013/5/4 18:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Truth be know this bullshit is going on all the time....baby murdering sick bastards....

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/phi ... trial-has-national-impact

It's so much deeper than just that asshat. It's society, culture, moral character and more. There are limits to personal freedoms. They have been far exceeded for a very long time. There is relief in sight.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 18:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2013/5/4 18:38

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2013/5/4 18:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I saw Alice in Stutgart Germany in an outdoor music festival. Tina Turner was there too and a few other good bands. I remember that we got a spot back by the fence so we could piss through the fence instead of waiting to go to the portolets. The line was about an hour long. You would have had to go through the beer line and get right into the portolet line. Repeat. I think I still have my ticket. We would wander up by the stage to get a good look at things then go back and hit the blanket for awhile. For some reason there was quite a bit of smoke in the air ......... Smelled an awful lot like hashish. I think it WAS hashish ....... Maybe they didn't know that was illegal.......
Posted on: 2013/5/4 18:53

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I met Tina Turner long ago when I was a busboy at a Marriott hotel. I was sweeping the lobby, and then I looked up and she and Ike were standing there. She was nice and struck up a brief conversation. All I remember is those incredible legs.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 21:49

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I saw Alice in Stutgart Germany in an outdoor music festival.

I went and asked Alice when she's ten feet tall.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 22:54

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Hahaaha....good one Bill....welcome back...from wherever it is you go....

I had to let a bloody forehead heal after reading about putting mudflaps on Corvettes.
Posted on: 2013/5/4 22:55

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I met Tina Turner long ago when I was a busboy at a Marriott hotel.

I shot pool with Led Zeppelin...er, to Led Zeppelin

For some reason there was quite a bit of smoke in the air ......... Smelled an awful lot like hashish. I think it WAS hashish ....... Maybe they didn't know that was illegal.......
Posted on: 2013/5/4 22:58

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I WAS supposed to be on the racetrack today but felt it was better to spend the whole damn morning in the hospital.

Extreme pain in my left wrist, same thing that happened to my right wrist a year and a half ago.

The last time they examined my wrist, took x-rays and did a blood test, told me it was a bacterial infection. Then gave me pills, morphine and narcotics.

This time, the doc glanced at my wrist and said "It's probably gout." then gave me pills and narcotics.

I'm going to the racetrack tomorrow......probably minus the narcotics.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 23:12

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Gout, that's the rich man's disease, they say ;-)

Hope the meds do the trick!
Posted on: 2013/5/4 23:35

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Nice write-up by Pete, and a good tip about the Camaro bearings:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-ge ... -bearings-and-brakes.html
Posted on: 2013/5/4 23:39

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
I WAS supposed to be on the racetrack today but felt it was better to spend the whole damn morning in the hospital.

Extreme pain in my left wrist, same thing that happened to my right wrist a year and a half ago.

Time to switch hands.
Posted on: 2013/5/5 2:15

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Geez Letty what is good about the social websites? I want to hide from folks not let them all know what I'm doing....hmmmm except for the Guru of course. Is this a social website? Faceguru.....I was on another Corvette web site the other day and someone had posted something and then another guy made an offhand comment and I commented on that and soon I got a pm ripping me a new one about what I said. I handled it well...it takes two to tango so I did not rip him back but I wanted too. He tried to keep it going but soon gave up and left the website....good riddance is what I say....

We are very mature here and don't have a lot of the other crap that goes on elsewhere.....and that's all good.

I have a lot of actual friends on my FB page, and some family. We share stuff with each other, and the one in the nursing home goes through me to share photos and stuff with her family in other states through FB. The dood that sent me his pecker pic is a guy I've known for years. He married an older fiend of mine's daughter. The divorced, he hit on me, I didn't bite, he got a GF elsewhere, they split then about 4am he gets drunk and send me a pic of his little pecker. Two other exes were trying to booty call me, one trying to get me to even come over the next day and were both using their kids as bait. That's WRONG. another married friend has tried to proposition me and brought me some beer, drank one here and left $150 on the coffee table. One more offered me $100 for a hand job, says he gets nothing from his wife, he runs a local Ford dealership. Another that runs an auto parts store I've known for years is being mistreated at home and now finds me interesting and has begun messaging me. WTFinH is going on ???? Do I have some kind of invisible sticker on my forehead? I'm not the least bit interested in this mess or anybody's money. I don't even date or have a boyfriend and sure as heck am not about to do any of that mess. Can't these people just get a divorce? Or be normal and not man-whores? I'd rather keep my batteries charged.
The one I got into it with about the UFC/MMA stuff called me today and we talked and all is good, we talk as confidantes anyway - person I consider very close to me although miles away. That was in another car forum.. Also in that forum we are grown and say what we please, It is very UNpolitically correct. You say what you want, if you offend someone, that's their proplem, they can say their opinion also. And He did, and I did and he got all bitchy and wanted to say away from the forum awile and crawled me for chewing his ass. He chewed first and hell, if he can state his opinion that's okay but I can't? Heck no, don't work that way.
And, yet another drama event this evening while I was in the middle of my dish washing - a friends' crakwhore/petgirlfriend's ex-now-on-again SO showed up over here asking me questions about her now ex-place of employment trying to drag me in on crap. Dude got rid of her and needed to so now she's back with her old beau and sent him to me to get information.
I definitely see a beer in my future tonight and whiskey if I had a coke to mix it with.
Oh and Bill - I"m sorry you had that incident with the wire and lawnmower but I damn near pissed myself reading all that.
Tommy - it's all good - it wasn't your photos that offended me, keep 'em comin!
Posted on: 2013/5/5 2:20

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I definitely see a beer in my future tonight and whiskey if I had a coke to mix it with.

Geeze Letty, you need a change of location.

I've known people like that, many years ago I was always nice to them. Found out that if I told them to F.O., I didn't really miss them...at all.
Posted on: 2013/5/5 3:30

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Gout, that's the rich man's disease, they say ;-)

Hope the meds do the trick!

Thanks, they will. Hopefully by morning, I really want to take the C4 to the track and not the Silverado.

And I don't get the Vicodin thing, you always see the idiots on "Cops" getting arrested for having them without a prescript.
I took 3 at lunchtime, nothing happened except the pain in my wrist went away. What do those guys take, like 20?

The last time I got 30 Vicodin's, took 4 and the rest are still in the medicine cabinet.
I guess selling 26 wouldn't buy much Corvette stuff though.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 3:40

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

I'll take the 26, name your price. Especially today.
Actually the darvocets you used to could get were best. They took away the pain but didn't make me fruity and I could sleep.
Not sure if it's what I do for a living or part of my tremor condition but my arms hurt at night and bad, too - keeps me up sometimes.
Yes, Bill - I planned on a change of Location but with one in the nursing home now, that's not possible. I'm stuck. I don't mean that badly but it has messed up my relocation plans. I already had living arrangements made and everything
And, on top of it all, have another ex who is still 'in love' or whatever after 20 years of a missed opportunity see a FB post I made in general about how some people don't ever talk to you unless they're drunk and I've had mean calls, messages, texts and shit from his ass all night. I've had it. I do not understand men at all.
Posted on: 2013/5/5 4:03

Resized Image

Calm Re: Saturday Chat 05.04.13
Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

Letty....all men are pigs.
Some are house-trained...many aren't.

I have a new employee. He's definitely a pig. SO close to letting him go but he's skilled and is so very hopeful to keep his job....so I'll keep him on (for now). But he's SO not house-trained it's difficult.
Posted on: 2013/5/5 8:01

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Everybody has baggage. Men AND women. Most people in general are very nice until you get to know them. I can take people in small doses. I can find something to dislike about anybody. Reloocation does not solve problems. You just meet a new people that make you say Best to just distance yourself from the ones creating issues now. Say something subtle like LMTFA. Turn off the phone or forward it to a cellphone and let it go to messages.
Posted on: 2013/5/5 11:43

Huskerland
14747 Posts

Letty, sometimes when you are in an area forever and lived a certain lifestyle and then as you get older you see that you want to move on from that lifestyle, it takes changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes......that should be a song.... It happened to me once upon a time and it took getting out to break away from the old ways.

For now you will need to igonore the folks that are bugging you and change your phone number the losers will soon drift off...I think that someday it would be best to repot yourself and get a fresh start and then make sure you hang with a higher clientelle...good folks are out there you just have to know where to look for them. As always the Guru will be standing by to give great advice......
Posted on: 2013/5/5 13:41

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

I do believe that is a song...

I try to be a good, down to earth, honest person. Exes treated me badly, I move on and forgive those who hurt me and try my best to not take it out on the next and hope that all are not bad. But, seems once in a while one of them gets on a drunk binge and has regrets and looks me up. Seems like every danged one of them did it yesterday and last night. I'd like to relocate but can't with one in the nursing home. I do not chase after these people, I keep to myself. I work on making new friends.
Rather not change my phone number I only have the cell, no home number. But I can ignore them. I just try not to be a hateful type person. And, I do rely on you guys for advice some, as you are all of different ages and being men you offer a viewpoint that I can't get from my gal pals
Those heiffers just tell you what they think you want to hear.
Posted on: 2013/5/5 16:12

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.