Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
294 user(s) are online (240 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Happy Memorial Day Weekend. (That doesn't sound right since Monday is a day of rememberance)
Posted on: 2013/5/25 12:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

What a whacko day I had yesterday. Had the 928 in thhe shop for some ignition adjustments and cv boots. picked it up last evening. The printer in the office at the nursery crashed so we had to pick up and install the new one. The alarm kept going off at the nursery, so while my wife

ring .... ring ...

To be continued .........
Posted on: 2013/5/25 12:21

teebee Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys.....in KC and work to do . As always the job will be bigger than anticipated. Got the new top last night after we got here and trial fit it....PITA
Posted on: 2013/5/25 12:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

What a whacko day I had yesterday. Had the 928 in thhe shop for some ignition adjustments and cv boots. picked it up last evening. The printer in the office at the nursery crashed so we had to pick up and install the new one. The alarm kept going off at the nursery, so while my wife

ring .... ring ...

To be continued .........

After starting the continuation ..... power outage .....killed what I was writing ..... ring... ring .... Oops, gotta go ........... business .........
Posted on: 2013/5/25 13:05

Ultraman Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Weeeellll now......it's raining and has been off and on all night....good rain...much needed but not going to get the fun done that I had in mind for today....it might clear up after lunch. I want to do some Corvetting this weekend but dont really want to drive it around and get it dirty.

Big Lincoln hot rod car show going on today so I want to get in to see it.....been seeing the cars heading through town and on the 80 last 2 days....must be a big meet.

Uboy mowed the lawn for me yesterday since I was working....its starting to look like a lawn again in front but got a ways to go in back yet.

Ok time to get some breakfast....Enjoy your day Guru's...
Posted on: 2013/5/25 13:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Holy cow....I'm so out of it....it's the Hot Rod Super Nat's
1500 cars of all kinds....gotta go rain or shine....Everyone brings lawn chairs down to O Street in Lincoln (the worlds longest main street) as tons of cars cruise by in the evening...lots of fun hope the weather breaks...

http://www.hotrodsupernationals.net/event/259

Posted on: 2013/5/25 13:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I cleaned up all the sportscars before I went on vacation. They all need a bath. Two of them got caught in the rain while I was driving them. I'm seiously thinking of putting up the wash bucket till labor day. For some unkown reason, lots of stuff is keepin me busy. My aches and pains are objecting with rebellion. My body and mind are seeking rest but the current course of events is making that improbable. ........ And now you know the rest of the story.
Posted on: 2013/5/25 14:32

pianoguy Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I must be slipping - didn't even sleep until 9 this morning. We have to go to an outdoor wedding reception this afternoon - the forecast is for a high of 58 with spotty showers. Sounds delightful.

Stay dry, Gurus!
Posted on: 2013/5/25 15:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The reception will be more of a BBQ/BYOB affair, so I doubt if they'll be serving any festive cocktails there:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2013/5/25 15:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14738 Posts

That looks like a boat drink to me........
Posted on: 2013/5/25 15:54

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2013/5/25 17:17

Matatk Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Hey guys,

In Michigan now to help my folks. I left at 330 this morning so I made good time with light traffic. Got a small project done this morning and now working on getting the 79 started. Battery is dead. Bought a new car today while I was here and the wife is pissed. What else is new?

Hope everyone has/had a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/5/25 22:31

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I saw these mentioned in AutoWeek - looks like they might be handy:

http://www.amazon.com/BBIT-Buffer-Bit/dp/B007BJQ60G
Posted on: 2013/5/25 22:57

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Hey guys,

In Michigan now to help my folks. I left at 330 this morning so I made good time with light traffic. Got a small project done this morning and now working on getting the 79 started. Battery is dead. Bought a new car today while I was here and the wife is pissed. What else is new?

Matthew

What did you buy?
Posted on: 2013/5/25 23:16

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

1Fast04Vert wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Hey guys,

Matthew

What did you buy?

+1

Inquiring minds need to know these things ;-)
Posted on: 2013/5/26 0:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Bought a new car today while I was here and the wife is pissed. What else is new?

And you're suprised? I won't be surprised when you get the COMMUNICATION speech. It's all about communication. No kitchen passes for you.
Posted on: 2013/5/26 1:14

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Maybe you should tow one of these home with it.

Attach file:

jpg  Deluxe Dog House.jpg (29.31 KB)
852_51a16263d7490.jpg 500X375 px
Posted on: 2013/5/26 1:16

rklessdriver Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

I know the day is almost over but, I got the 84 out today and took it for a drive to warm up the gear oil and other stuff. People look at you funny when you drive this thing around on the street.... Must be the shiney rimz.

Gave it a wash to get as much of the rubber from last weekend off the quarter pannels.

Checked all the half shafts and u-joints... everything still good. Hoping it stays that way.

Weighed the nitrous bottles and one is half empty... in only 5 passes... will have to get it filled next week before the big race.

I think tomorrow I will adjust the valves and run a compression check just for GP.
Will
Posted on: 2013/5/26 2:33

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

volzfan Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Senior Guru
Kingsport, TN
306 Posts

Okay, I realize that I don't post on here much, but I think this is pretty important. It is with great pride that I introduce my first Grandchild, Aria Keegan Jenkins!  Born Thursday, and if time goes by like it seems it has for me, will be driving her own 'Vette by this time next year!  Here's a pic:

Aria

Posted on: 2013/5/26 2:42

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Outstanding!!
Posted on: 2013/5/26 2:45

vetteblondie Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Beautiful baby!!!!
Congrats!
Posted on: 2013/5/26 3:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Very cool, volzfan. She's a cutie.

I worked my butt off today. Got the counter top glued together and then fit into place. Of course I had to figure out a way to fill the gap between the top the the backsplash and the tile we left in place.....about a half inch. Got that figure out and going and my daughter keeps asking about replacing the dishwasher. Her hubby says no it's just as easy to replace it later. I say no it's already out and all disconnected, so technically it easier to replace it now. So we run off to Lowes and buy a new dishwasher. We get that all hooked up and then it's time to put in the sink and plumb it........have I ever mentioned that I HATE f*^#ing plumbing? Even the easiest jobs are a nightmare. Putting in the sink was a biatch . I couldn't get my hands up there to get the clamps on and tightened, so i was cussing under my breath......and some over. I told my daughter that her hubby could hook up the drain lines, dual sinks, garbage disposer etc., as he forgot to hook up the water line to the new faucet and I ended up doing it, much to my displeasure. So while he worked on that, I chalked around the ends and along the backsplash. He fought it for some time, then proclaimed it was done. Turn on the water and the drain leaks in several places, so he proceeds to fix those and tries again, now there is only one leak. He works on it for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. So I crawl down there, again and proceed to look over the situation. It's so screwed up, I take it all apart and start again. Cutting off a couple pieces and refitting them. Give it a try and still leaking. Take it part again to try to figure out what's wrong and find there is no gasket in that joint. I try to put one in and find that he was trying to put a flat connection to a ball fit. So I look around the multitude of pieces laying there to find the right piece, readjust and tighten up all the connections. Low and behold, no leak. Only took an hour and a half to do that......Have I ever mentioned that I hate f*^#ing plumbing? After that mess it was time to go eat and have a beer. After eating I came back to the other daughter's house to install a couple little wall-hung desks I built. They just finished up today with the basement remodel, to the tune of $35k. The first one went in just fine. So off to the other room (these desks are L shaped 49" x 42"' and perfect right angles) only to find the wall is not even close to square. I bring this the attention of my D and SIL and ask them what they would like me to do and they told me to put it in that way. This wall is so far out, it's visible to the bare eye. I put it in the way they tell me, 42" side tight and the other end, I can stick my fingers in between the wall and the top. A good inch out at the 48" end. This contractor sucked.

Well that my story of the day, but arse is dragging and I can barely keep my eyes open. See you all tomorrow.
Posted on: 2013/5/26 4:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I whole-heartedly agree about plumbing - ick! I usually end up making more than one trip to Home Depot. And as for your daughter's contractor, sadly I think that is the norm. They don't care, since they don't live there.
Posted on: 2013/5/26 4:34

JrRifleCoach Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

volzfan wrote:

Okay, I realize that I don't post on here much, but I think this is pretty important. It is with great pride that I introduce my first Grandchild, Aria Keegan Jenkins!

Congratulations Gramps!

Wifey and I are proud Grandparents as well.
Lando Robert 4/25 8lb.6oz 21 inches

Posted on: 2013/5/26 7:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Congrats to the Grandpas.

Plumbing = Niagra Falls

Sounds like you've been having a ball, tee.

No doubt it was the shiny wheels, Will.
Posted on: 2013/5/26 11:39

Matatk Re: Saturday, in the park Chat 05.25.13
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Quote:

volzfan wrote:

Okay, I realize that I don't post on here much, but I think this is pretty important. It is with great pride that I introduce my first Grandchild, Aria Keegan Jenkins!

Congratulations Gramps!

Wifey and I are proud Grandparents as well.
Lando Robert 4/25 8lb.6oz 21 inches

Congrats to both!
Posted on: 2013/5/26 13:17

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Congrats to the new G-pa's.....Coach so glad to hear about your new Grandchild....best to Mom and Dad....

Geez Tom....I had to go take a short nap after just reading your post......ton of work.....
Posted on: 2013/5/26 13:37

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.