Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
271 user(s) are online (260 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

For the golphers

Posted on: 2014/1/24 22:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

That's funny. It sounds like it's about a guy that had a nice company charge account that used to sit at the 19th hole and drink up a storm on company money. He'd be wearing a jacket and tie talking about engineering stuff.

Posted on: 2014/1/24 22:14

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sue has a plant sale tomorrow at the Marathon Garden Club smack dab in the middle of the Florida Keys. She and Carlos (our lead worker), went fishing with the guy I went fishing with yesterday. They cooked up some of their catch and ate it for dinner. Carlos and Jim ate their fish blackened and Sue had hers fried in a batter. I had some fish myself this evening. I ate Cero mackerel. I cleaned the bones out, lathered the filets in virgin olive oil, covered them with garlic powder, then sprinkled that with Old Bay seafood seasoning. To top it off I added some black pepper. Heated the oven to 350* and baked it for 25 minutes. The filets came out perfect. The tender, juicy fish flaked with the fork. I ate one piece to test it. Next I'm going to sit down, add a vegetable side then eat one or two more pieces. I batchen it tonight. Maybe I'll watch something different like a sci-fi flick. Sue's not crazy about science fiction so while the cats away .......... Wow, what reckless abandon.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 0:09

GRIS Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

MADE A RUN TO OKC & BACK TODAY FOR LUNCH WITH THE OLD GANG FROM WORK. THE USUAL AGENDA: THE ONES STILL WORKING COMPLAIN, THE ONES RETIRED GLOAT. GOOD GROUP!
WAS TWO DEGREES WHEN I LEFT THE HOUSE, 41 WHEN I CAME BACK, NICE SUNNY DAY.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 0:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

BillH Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I ate Cero mackerel. I cleaned the bones out, lathered the filets in virgin olive oil, covered them with garlic powder, then sprinkled that with Old Bay seafood seasoning. To top it off I added some black pepper. Heated the oven to 350* and baked it for 25 minutes. The filets came out perfect. The tender, juicy fish flaked with the fork. I ate one piece to test it.

Tonite- Alaskan cod sautéed in olive oil, diced red onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes and jalapenos. Just before it's done add more veggies for crunch a splash of balsamic vinegar and mucho lime juice. Serve with wheat & black bean tortillas.

And beer.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 0:24

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I ate Cero mackerel. I cleaned the bones out, lathered the filets in virgin olive oil, covered them with garlic powder, then sprinkled that with Old Bay seafood seasoning. To top it off I added some black pepper. Heated the oven to 350* and baked it for 25 minutes. The filets came out perfect. The tender, juicy fish flaked with the fork. I ate one piece to test it.

Tonite- Alaskan cod sautéed in olive oil, diced red onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes and jalapenos. Just before it's done add more veggies for crunch a splash of balsamic vinegar and mucho lime juice. Serve with wheat & black bean tortillas.

And beer.

I like the way you think. Nice choice. I thought about the lime juice and have sliced jalapeno in the fridge but that never crossed my mind. I took a pas on the onions.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 1:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
And beer.

Yep, had a couple N/A's with mine.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 1:38

pianoguy Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The weather geniuses said that snow accumulation would be "up to half an inch." So I just finished shoveling 3-4 inches of the stuff. Here's the outlook for the next few days - travel brochure fodder, for sure. Kill me now:

Tonight A chance of snow before 10pm, then patchy blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between 10pm and midnight, then areas of blowing snow after midnight. Cloudy early, then gradual clearing, with a low around 5. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Patchy blowing snow before 10am. Sunny, with a high near 7. Wind chill values as low as -15. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. Temperature rising to around 12 by 4am. Wind chill values as low as -11. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday Snow before 7am, then a chance of snow between 7am and 10am, then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 10am. High near 17. Blustery, with a light and variable wind becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday Night Snow likely before 7pm, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between 7pm and 1am, then patchy blowing snow after 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -16. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday Patchy blowing snow before 9am. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -8. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -21. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -4. West wind around 10 mph.

Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 2:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Damn. Brad.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 3:04

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I like the way you think. Nice choice. I thought about the lime juice and have sliced jalapeno in the fridge but that never crossed my mind. I took a pas on the onions.

What really kicks it up is the crunchy veggies, throw them in, dump in the juice and immediately dump it on to a plate.

The jalapenos should be fresh (crunchy).

Though, I do make my own nacho slices & always have them in the fridge, the store bought ones are too mushy.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 3:07

Matatk Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Our weather report looks like Brad's. School already called to suggest school will be canceled on Mon and Tues due to high temps around -8.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 3:16

KPotter Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

While we are on the subject of supper, Alaskan Snow Crab Clusters, roasted rosemary potatoes, and applesauce for me.
Followed by a nice patriotic sundae for dessert - Vanilla ice cream, blueberries, strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Sweet Misery.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 3:17

Ultraman Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
The weather geniuses said that snow accumulation would be "up to half an inch." So I just finished shoveling 3-4 inches of the stuff. Here's the outlook for the next few days - travel brochure fodder, for sure. Kill me now:

Tonight A chance of snow before 10pm, then patchy blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between 10pm and midnight, then areas of blowing snow after midnight. Cloudy early, then gradual clearing, with a low around 5. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Patchy blowing snow before 10am. Sunny, with a high near 7. Wind chill values as low as -15. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. Temperature rising to around 12 by 4am. Wind chill values as low as -11. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday Snow before 7am, then a chance of snow between 7am and 10am, then snow likely with areas of blowing snow after 10am. High near 17. Blustery, with a light and variable wind becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday Night Snow likely before 7pm, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between 7pm and 1am, then patchy blowing snow after 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -16. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday Patchy blowing snow before 9am. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -8. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -21. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

Isn't this about the time your wife starts talking about living somewhere warmer.....
Posted on: 2014/1/25 3:48

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

New York style veggie pizza with a Caesar salad and some cold N/A's......It's movie night and we watched Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks.....good movie I thought.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 3:55

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I want to live somewhere warmer too - was 7 when I left this morning. Worked at the paper office till noon, the 56-page book I've been working on was uploaded to the printer today - big load off me. Helped at the shop till 6. This weekend I"m sitting on my ass. Supposed to be 55 and sunny both days then down in the teens again and a chance of snow Friday I think or sleet or some of that mess. I want to move. Do have some nice warm apple pie here though - not the kind you eat, however - and I have six more quarts for two more of my friends... homemade Arkansas apple pie - in a jar - high octane....
Posted on: 2014/1/25 3:59

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Damn that GLOBAL WARMING. Time for
Posted on: 2014/1/25 4:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Worked on three of the projects since school's been out. Work on another in the morning. Supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow, hopefully warm enough to spray some finish.

Did I tell you guys, our autoshop teacher has been dragging the old vehicles from his parents place? Three years ago he drug home the first car he remembers riding in, a 36 Ford coupe, they last registered it in 1957. It's been parked in a shed. Well more recently he's hauled home the '56 Ford 2 door sedan, 59 IH 1 ton truck, and two old tractors, one his grandfather bought new in "47 and the other his dad bought new in 51, I think. Anyway he wants to restore them, but he has very little money , so he nickles and dimes a little at a time. His main concern are the two tractors and the IH truck. He was saying the other day he wished he had enough money to buy some parts for one of the tractors....I told him he'd have some money if he'd sell me the 36. Thinking he would say no the vehicles aren't for sale, like he's told me in the past. He says "Well, what's it worth?" This caught me totally off guard, I said, "I"ll have to figure something out." So I've been researching what these old cars are worth so I can offer him something. I think he knows he's never going to get to restoring all the vehicles and he's more into the farm vehicles. He's says "I suppose you'd hot rod it, won't you?" I told him "You know me, I couldn't leave it stock."

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

I think that it would be a great project. I'll keep you posted.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 4:35

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

We had a 36 and sold it to my BIL. He still has it and we sold it to him about 20 years ago. Ya tee.... That's what you need ..... Another project .....
Posted on: 2014/1/25 5:30

pianoguy Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Man, that would be an extremely cool project!! No idea what it's worth in that condition, but I can just imagine you having it looking like this in no time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-Wa ... 9349015&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Posted on: 2014/1/25 5:59

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

You're right Tommy, that all I need...another project.
Posted on: 2014/1/25 13:02

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Finaly Friday chat 24 Jan 2014
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I love that!
Posted on: 2014/1/25 17:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.